Fight Night Round 4

[quote name='Scorch']WOW. Interest seems to be at an all time low.

GameCrazy should be same-day shipping this title and have it in stores tomorrow afternoon.[/QUOTE]

UFC killed a lot of my interest. Plus, (A) I just got FNR3 in March, and (B) While it looked great, I'm not sold on the new gameplay from the demo.

Just ordered it.
Played R3 for a good 2-3months.non-stop.
Hopefully I'll get 2-3months out of R4 too.

I hear you cant config the controls?
And is their no option to turn off the hud??

I think they botched the launch of this big time. I can't wait for it. Lots of stores disappointed about the lack of a midnight. They coulda had one.

The only thing I am disappointed about is the lack of Floyd.

You can turn off the HUD, just not in the demo. I swear I saw a video saying that NO HUD was the default setting so I was a little surprised to see it in the demo. Either way I'm keeping my pre-order from Amazon and I can't wait to play it.

My order shipped from Play asia yesterday!
No clue how long its gonna take to get to New Zealand.

Also it has been rumoured that the controls cCAN be configed for offline play??
Someone who has the game can u confirm this?

They could of had a big promotional event in LA/NY with some type of boxing match setup. But seems like they didnt make any kind of effort to sell this game.

And no holyfield vs tyson? no headbutts and ear bitting? :whistle2:((

Check the deals forum. Gamestop has a trade in deal for this. Trade 3 games from a list and get FNR4 free. It might work for some of you.

[quote name='guyver2077']all the ads say june 25th.. who has it out today?[/QUOTE]

They bumped the ship date up to the 23rd a few weeks ago.

My local Gamestop won't have it in until tomorrow. Typical for us.

wow that gamestop deal is pretty nice, especially since I got a few of those games for dirt cheap!. I think I'm going to check the game out now.

Wow, my copy showed up today, thought for sure it wouldn't get here until tomorrow.

Character creation kinda sucks. You're pretty much forced to use GameFace or buy a camera if you want full control. Preset character faces can't be edited and damn near all of them look like variations of Pacquiauo.

Can you configure the controls?
NO (found answer on the 1up review)

I find it amazing that they REMOVE more options from preivous titles. (ea loves removing options)
If they were so worried about "Fair fights" with button configs and analog configs why not seperate them online ? And llet players who prefer buttons over analog CONFIG their own controls.

Can you remove the hud?

I haven't found the answer to this question yet but I am going to guess and say they removed this as well.
Something that really made the Round 3 game stand out was having NO stupid hud.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seanr1221']Yea, you can upload your face. I'm doing it now.

I stiiiiink at countering. Any tips?[/QUOTE]How does this face upload work? You send in a pic and it sends you a code to type in to get the facial attributes? Or does it send it directly to your Gamertag by signing on with your console?

If there's a site to do this now, would you mind putting up the link? I'm supposed to receive the game tomorrow. Wanted to try something today in preparation.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']How does this face upload work? You send in a pic and it sends you a code to type in to get the facial attributes? Or does it send it directly to your Gamertag by signing on with your console?

If there's a site to do this now, would you mind putting up the link? I'm supposed to receive the game tomorrow. Wanted to try something today in preparation.[/QUOTE]

It is probably the same as Facebreaker. You upload your face via the live camera. It worked very well in Facebreaker.

[quote name='guyver2077']It is probably the same as Facebreaker. You upload your face via the live camera. It worked very well in Facebreaker.[/QUOTE]I was thinking of another game that allowed you to send pics and they'd give you a code that gives you the face. I guess I can wait another day and try it myself. I was kinda hoping there'd be an easier way to create the likeness of historic characters rather than manually trying to alter the characters (which from some impressions show is fairly limited).

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I was thinking of another game that allowed you to send pics and they'd give you a code that gives you the face. I guess I can wait another day and try it myself. I was kinda hoping there'd be an easier way to create the likeness of historic characters rather than manually trying to alter the characters (which from some impressions show is fairly limited).[/QUOTE]

GameFace actually works pretty well. I just tried it myself and its identical to Facebreaker. (one of my original wishes for this game)

They even brought the boxer gallery from that game where people can upload their boxers. They already have a few good ones. Downloaded holyfield, de la hoya, and rocky balboa.

Wish the intros were a little longer to take advantage of intro music, but regardless anyone know any signature songs?

I did Gameface for Tiger Woods '09 and I ended up looking like a retarded zombie version of myself. I actually got much better results using the Xbox camera with World Series of Poker 2008. I didn't try the Xbox camera for Tiger, though.

Anyone have strategies for beating Ali or Tyson on G.O.A.T. difficulty? During my failed attempts, Tyson punched me (as Ali) once at the start of round 1 and instantly dazed me. G.O.A.T. difficulty is insane.

Tried Tyson on G.O.A.T. Laid my ass out with one punch...literally it was like one of those cartoon knockouts where a guy falls stiff as a board and someone yells "TIMBER!". Wish like crazy I saved that replay. He hit me again and I couldn't get off the mat the second time.

Ivanhoe, yes you can remove the HUD. You can configure controls but only a little bit. Four preset configs, and an option for "classic total punch control" where it's like FNR3 where you have to hold the lean button to throw hooks and uppercuts to the body.

What the fuck is up with not being able to use the buttons? Why take stuff away. Really ruins what would otherwise be an absolutely amazing game to me.

The whole "unfair in online fights" thing is stupid, because that shows that the analog sticks are not the ideal control scheme. By taking out the buttons, it is showing that players who use the button set-up play the game better. Thus, the buttons are a more ideal control scheme. I know that's not the best way to explain but you know what I mean? Reminds me of PS3 games with forced Sixaxis support or Wii games with awkward motion controls.

This would be one of my top 10 of the year if I could just use the damn buttons. They literally just lost 180 dollars of sales, because me and both of my brothers aren't going to buy it now. I know 180 dollars isn't a lot to EA, but I bet they're losing out on thousands of customers because of this oversight.

/rant

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']What the fuck is up with not being able to use the buttons? Why take stuff away. Really ruins what would otherwise be an absolutely amazing game to me.

The whole "unfair in online fights" thing is stupid, because that shows that the analog sticks are not the ideal control scheme. By taking out the buttons, it is showing that players who use the button set-up play the game better. Thus, the buttons are a more ideal control scheme. I know that's not the best way to explain but you know what I mean? Reminds me of PS3 games with forced Sixaxis support or Wii games with awkward motion controls.

This would be one of my top 10 of the year if I could just use the damn buttons. They literally just lost 180 dollars of sales, because me and both of my brothers aren't going to buy it now. I know 180 dollars isn't a lot to EA, but I bet they're losing out on thousands of customers because of this oversight.

/rant[/QUOTE]

Yeah man I agree. It sucks. Could of easily limited online fights to "button vs button" only fight and have analog vs analog only fights.

Crunchb3rry,
THANKS! Cant wait to remove the hud now !
So you cant config to use buttons instead of analog correct?

[quote name='guyver2077']wow ppl actually use the buttons.. after fn3 and the sticks... i could never go back.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

After FN2 I was hooked on the analog control. I thought the analog control was one of the reasons why the fight night series is so amazing.

After trying to play Fight Night Round 3 vs. someone who was using buttons, i'm very glad it's not back. Once the dude started losing, IMMEDIATELY started spamming JAB JAB JAB JAB until I got knocked down, and he won. With the way Round 3 was setup, it was the easiest sure fire way to win against someone. So far i've been watching a bunch of videos of people fighting and all they do is spam a jab, or a straight until they win. Ridiculous.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']What the fuck is up with not being able to use the buttons? Why take stuff away. Really ruins what would otherwise be an absolutely amazing game to me.

/rant[/QUOTE]

I was angry too, but now I'm getting used to the controls. Plus, you can lean and do certain attacks.

I am still trying to learn it. My first match in when I played the game at default setting i got beat. Put it down to easy and trying to learn the controls better.

I miss the old counter system though....

Photo Game Face worked much better in Tiger Woods. I used the same picture that I used in Tiger (was still on the EA servers) and it went from looking just like me in Tiger to looking like i had a mexiplasty.

Well seems I'm fucked. The game freezes at the opening screen. Restarted and tried several times and can never get into the game. Googling says it might be custom soundtracks but, I never used music on my 360. Installed the game to the HDD and still locks up.

I disconnected my 360 from xbl and the game loaded up fine. Wierd shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my copy delivered but probably wont get to try it out until tomorrow. I really can't wait to beat the living shit out of some featherweight with Mike Tyson.

Even better- use photo Gameface to put your worst enemy's face on said featherweight jabroni. ;)

For some reason, I'm really tempted to get this game even though I was iffy on the demo and probably wouldn't play it as often as UFC. And just as a note, UFC had logos for FNR4 on the mat at this past weekend's show.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']
Crunchb3rry,
THANKS! Cant wait to remove the hud now !
So you cant config to use buttons instead of analog correct?[/QUOTE]

No, not currently. EA kinda half-implied they might add button contols via patch. I'd count on it though, based on the feedback no matter which board you visit talking about the game.

[quote name='Matt Young']Even better- use photo Gameface to put your worst enemy's face on said featherweight jabroni. ;)

For some reason, I'm really tempted to get this game even though I was iffy on the demo and probably wouldn't play it as often as UFC. And just as a note, UFC had logos for FNR4 on the mat at this past weekend's show.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep that in mind! I was going to get the "In the movies" game from Amazon for 19 with the camera but never pulled the trigger, I might do that now. You should definitely get the game, I can only imagine the conversation during a violent fight...! Pure greatness!

EDIT: Just ordered it, I'll have the camera next week!

Any tips for beating Ali on GOAT? The judges give him the win no matter what :bomb:

I even got him dizzy twice and they STILL gave him the win.

[quote name='seanr1221']Any tips for beating Ali on GOAT? The judges give him the win no matter what :bomb:

I even got him dizzy twice and they STILL gave him the win.[/QUOTE]

I can't recall the complete roster right off the bat but Thomas Hearns? Is he in the game? That would be my best guess. Like the previous guy said crowd him and throw those power punches to the body.

[quote name='FrankySox']I'll keep that in mind! I was going to get the "In the movies" game from Amazon for 19 with the camera but never pulled the trigger, I might do that now. You should definitely get the game, I can only imagine the conversation during a violent fight...! Pure greatness!

EDIT: Just ordered it, I'll have the camera next week![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm still tempted to buy it despite what I said. I'll spend more time with the demo once I wrap up achievements in Round 3.

Also, you can upload a photo to EA's site. No need for the Live camera for Gameface.

YOU should get the amazing UFC 2009 so we can have fights that involve head kicks, submission holds, and championship belts.

[quote name='homeland']Well seems I'm fucked. The game freezes at the opening screen. Restarted and tried several times and can never get into the game. Googling says it might be custom soundtracks but, I never used music on my 360. Installed the game to the HDD and still locks up.

I disconnected my 360 from xbl and the game loaded up fine. Wierd shit.[/QUOTE]

I read that it has something to do with windows media center (I guess where you link your 360 to your pc). So maybe just disable that?

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I read that it has something to do with windows media center (I guess where you link your 360 to your pc). So maybe just disable that?[/QUOTE]

Thats what it was, its why disconnecting my wifi adapter, made the game work. There's some pissed off people on EA's boards. There are even some blaming the games freeze screen for causing RROD. Wierd though that it only affects some people, unless not many 360 users have their 360 able to connect to their pc's public folders.

This might help some but my freezing issues stopped after I deleted the demo off the hard drive.

I also managed to beat both Tyson and Ali on G.O.A.T. using these cheap but effective strategies:

1. Rely on haymakers and signature moves for most of the match. Switch between those moves and regular jabs and straights every now and then.

2. Go to the settings and change the following bars to max:
Ref Damage Awareness
Boxer Toughness
Boxer Power

3. While in options, change these bars to empty
CPU offensive awareness
CPU defensive awareness
CPU punch output

For the rest of the bars do whatever setting you want. This is also optional, but change boxer speed to a higher level than default. I like to play it one setting above the default.

[quote name='homeland']For the cities, where the fuck is Brocktown? If they are referring to the city of Rocky Marciano its Brockton. For fuck sakes EA.[/QUOTE]

Excuse you, Rocky is from Brockton, Mass. "The Brockton Blockbuster" if you haven't heard.

I am getting this from gamefly in a couple days. I am still on the fence about it but it sounds good.

bread's done
Back