Fighter Thread XXVIII - Limited Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']through a single connection or two sepreate connections?[/quote]
Through a single connection.
I'm gonna take some new pics of both the stick and the USB connector.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Through a single connection.
I'm gonna take some new pics of both the stick and the USB connector.[/QUOTE]

post a link to your trade thread whenever you get it done.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wow. If you don't mind my asking, what prompted this?[/QUOTE]jo mayng judo kno?!?

muhfugga smowkeen da crakk!

guvment dun tuk mah baybee!!

Ouch, I lost every battle against the first AI opponent after the training session in Senko no Ronde tonight. It's still fun, though.

New Tekken 6 pics here:

www.sdtekken.com

!

524648734_56df0cbc41.jpg

Miguel says, view them now!

As fair warning (I honestly don't mean to ruin a sale), unless modded with new buttons/sticks (sanwas/seimitsus preferrably) those blaze sticks are pretty substandard.

They'd make a great base to swap out the controls though. Pretty nice, sleek design on the casing.

looks pretty nice. I haven't enjoyed a tekken game since tekken 3, though. Tried with TTT and T5, but no good. I do like that boxing character, though.

Just a heads up, Gametap has a free section now and it has a ton of SNK games on it. I'm not sure if they all support online play but at least some of them do (including Metal Slug). I haven't downloaded the player yet but if some of you guys do, so will I.

[quote name='gunm']Ouch, I lost every battle against the first AI opponent after the training session in Senko no Ronde tonight[/QUOTE]

just wait until you get to each character's final stage. one of the few times I almost threw my controller out the window.

did any of you guy buy your PS3's 2nd-hand or not from a B&M store? I am once again wanting a PS3 and wondering if I should check Craig's List or go into a B&M store.

Yikes about the SnR boss battles. At least it's fun so far. :p

And what's up with Miguel? PETA is going to petition that ferret he's wearing.

[quote name='kainzero']miguel looks like a bum

but does he fight like a bum!??[/quote]

Didn't know "bum" was considered a fighting style. I'm guessing the style involves an empty bottle of "Jack Daniel's" and a shopping chart filled with junk.

those pics look great. day 1 purchase for me (well, even before I saw the pics. :) )

Is Tekken 6 going to be cross platform this time around? Because if its a PS3 exclusive, then damn, I'm going to have to buy a PS3.

I wish SNK would also package Garou Mark of Wolves with Fatal Fury Archive Collection... I really want to play Mark of Wolves bad.

Now here's the question: Does Markman really not know, or is he merely letting it on that he doesn't know? That smile... that damned smile. I can never be sure anymore. Hmm...

So, I picked up zewone's Japanese PS3.......now I just need to figure out what to play first. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick up KOF XI, SamShoTenka, or NGBC pretty soon.

ZOMG Depasc's a PS3 owner now. Very cool. I'm not going to recommend Virtua Fighter 5 since that's the obvious answer... though I would like to play Ridge Racer 7 against somebody when it gets here.

I don't know about getting online. I "borrow" wireless internet from the neighbors upstairs and I'm getting a 20GB PS3. With my upcoming move to the crappy state of Indiana, I might need to hold onto a little scratch instead of blowing it on a wireless adaptor.

[quote name='Chacrana']On the bright side, the lower cost of living in Indiana = more money for games. Hey! You win![/quote]

Word.

Price for an average single family house in a "decent" school district in Westchester County: $600,000+ and approx $10,000+ for taxes

Price for same size house in five star school district fifteen minutes from downtown Indianapolis: $175,000 and approx $1,000 for taxes

EDIT -- Oh, and I forgot. I won't have to spend $4,000 for Catholic school tuition anymore.

Glad, and not at all surprised to see zewone's jap ps3 go to a good cag home! gratz, depascal. He would've sold it to me for same cost even to Hawaii, but I chickened out. :p

Yeah, it's truly incredible what the difference in living costs are between areas. Actually, I didn't expect it to be that dramatic.

[quote name='gunm']Glad, and not at all surprised to see zewone's jap ps3 go to a good cag home! gratz, depascal. He would've sold it to me for same cost even to Hawaii, but I chickened out. :p[/quote]

Thanks, brother. I was very close to chickening out. I took the check with me last night when we went out to dinner. It took me a minute to drop the envelope in the mail box on the way home. I figure, at the least, this saves me $75 on a magic keys/swap magic combo for my PS2.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Didn't know "bum" was considered a fighting style. I'm guessing the style involves an empty bottle of "Jack Daniel's" and a shopping chart filled with junk.[/quote]

it also involves splashing water in your eyes, wiping it off with a squeegee, and demanding payment.

[quote name='motorkill']I would hope so. SC 3 was a real let down for me.[/QUOTE]
And everyone else. game SUCKED. some of the 1 player content was cool though.

gratz Depascal. now you can play import ps2 games which is solid.

Yeah, even I'm going to get rid of SC3... really offered nothing the original SC didn't have. Still not sure if I should dump SC2 though. I know SC1's probably the best in the series....

SCIII was good, but only for single player, which is a huge no no in fighters.

SC4 was already confirmed way back around the time PS3 was announced. just glad we'll see some light now.

Alright, I'll take a vote. Who thinks I should ditch Soul Calibur 2 and who thinks I should keep it? This is literally the only way I'll ever decide.

oh wow... maybe SNK is finally realizing they have people that want their games... they need to learn to release sooner because most people have already imported.

ReRo I was telling Eight Arms that your artwork was mad good and funny (the hamster and the weird old guy pics from your Wii thread) and he agreed. Just figured you'd wanna know.

OT - To little, to late for me w/ those SNK games. Now if they released them for 30 dollars on 360 or PS3 with online play, then we'd be talking.

[quote name='jimfoley16']ReRo I was telling Eight Arms that your artwork was mad good and funny (the hamster and the weird old guy pics from your Wii thread) and he agreed. Just figured you'd wanna know.

OT - To little, to late for me w/ those SNK games. Now if they released them for 30 dollars on 360 or PS3 with online play, then we'd be talking.[/QUOTE]

nice, thx for the discussion or mention :) Glad to hear you found it funny since all my art is about humor. My better stuff though is the video games I make.

I'm going to work more often on my artwork than I have lately, and I need a gaming subject. I have an art opening a week from today, so wish me luck (and I hope it sells... money is always nice). I may also need some "bad guys" for an art piece (video game) my sisters and I are collaborating on and may call for the help of people here.

Also, I'm going to make a fighter thread Pong game... I'll need pictures of everyone willing from here posing like flat wall pong thingys. the game is already broken.

[quote name='jimfoley16']the pong game would be totally awesome, and I can send you a PIC whenever you would need it.[/QUOTE]

the sooner the better. everyone do the same if you have the time (PM me). post if my inbox is full. I wont be able to work on it till late saturday night since I work, but it'll be done. and again, it's not going to play amazingly, but at least it's something.

[quote name='Chacrana']Alright, I'll take a vote. Who thinks I should ditch Soul Calibur 2 and who thinks I should keep it? This is literally the only way I'll ever decide.[/quote]

Well, I'm keeping my Xbox and GC versions just because of the exclusive characters. I never got the PS2 version because the exclusive character (Heihachi) wasn't all that exciting to me.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Well, I'm keeping my Xbox and GC versions just because of the exclusive characters. I never got the PS2 version because the exclusive character (Heihachi) wasn't all that exciting to me.[/QUOTE]

:lol: for me it was total opposite. Heihachi was the only exciting character to play as while Link and Spawn are meh.

I say hold onto Soul Calibur II. I've only played the Xbox version but I had a lotta fun with it. My only gripe is that it won't display in wide screen on the 360.

SCIII had more characters, why wouldn't you want to keep that version? And forgive me if that sounded ignorant. I'm not BIG into the SC series so I don't really know the minor gameplay diffrences in detail.

I would say hold onto SCII. SCI > SCII > SCIII

Thanks for the news about SNK's future releases. As Jim mentioned, too little too late. I will still be importing KOFXI this month and I already own an import copy of NGBC.

i'm probably going to get SC3 tomorrow as part of the B2G1 tomorrow. It is pretty fun in single player-- I like the quest mode. plus, I can't think of a single game I want right now that isn't named Senko no Ronde.

one thing though-- isn't there a glitch that erases all your saves? anyone know if that affects the PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back