Fighter Thread XXXVI - Oh go home, poopie pants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice... very off topic but it seems the podcast mentioned by dom might be happening soon :)

My PSP is veyr much crapping out on me. yesterday I was playing monster hunter freedom 2 for 5 min after full charge, and then it dies on me... 5th time its happened. I say it's the battery (I've used the hell outa my PSP mind you due to being out so much) but I think it's time to upgrade to a slim. Due to financial bills and crap I may just unload stuff I don't need. Contemplating getting rid of virtua fighter 5 sadly since I did what I wanted to do in the game already.

[quote name='gunm']The irony: just as I get the game ppl are already giving it up?[/QUOTE]

:lol: I love the game, but my problem is that I can't find a welcoming space for me. Like I stated before: Tekken is about damage while VF is about speed/priority. I'm a damage guy and in a world where there is little focus on it, I am not very welcome.

omg check it out!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ksxdigI8M[/media]

I mean... I've seen insta-kills in matches before...

but this is straight up MODED!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']post links to the documentary. [/QUOTE]LOL!

much easier said than done...

as I said, ppl been lookin for this for YEARS... give up any dreams of ever watching it!

Yea, unfortunately... There are no links to view Bang the Machine... :( I don't have a copy... I saw it a few times thanks to the showings they had at either EVOs or film festivals in my area.

---

SDTEKKEN.COM Update!

[quote name='SDTEKKEN.COM']The November issue of Arcadia Magazine had coverage of Tekken 6 and impressions from some of the top Japanese Tekken players! In part one of our translated coverage of the article we saw the impressions from four of Japan’s Tekken players. Now we have four more players to share their thoughts! Check out what they have to say about Tekken 6 by clicking below![/quote]

Part 2 of Tekken 6 Player Impressions from Japan!

Yoiks, I forgot how many damn moves there are to remember in VF. I spent forever in training mode just trying to learn everything.

First started out with Lei Fei, because she-it, it's Shaolin son! :)

But man, I really

VF5 is utter madness. Its really hard. Took me about 19 minutes to clear arcade mode (12 minutes vs. Akira). I aslo can't get past the 15th move or so with Kage. Even though he's my favourite, I can't really seem to do anything with him. Shun is my secondary ATM, hes awesome.

Still, there are so many moves its nauseating. I love it though :D

[quote name='Azumangaman']VF5 is utter madness. Its really hard. Took me about 19 minutes to clear arcade mode (12 minutes vs. Akira). I aslo can't get past the 15th move or so with Kage. Even though he's my favourite, I can't really seem to do anything with him. Shun is my secondary ATM, hes awesome.

Still, there are so many moves its nauseating. I love it though :D[/quote]

I agree, this one has a steep learning curve. I have to say, the older I get, the more "button-mashy" I become. It's like I just want the match to be over quickly whether I win or lose. :p

Random thought: even on easy, Dural is cheap.

small heads up: World Heroes Anthology (as it will be called here) is releasing spring 2008... unless the usual delays.

Actually now that I think of it a Fuma costume would be great for Halloween.

also, GGPO now supports Marvel vs Capcom :)

lastly, an arcade cabinet with a built in beer tap:

gamerator.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']small heads up: World Heroes Anthology (as it will be called here) is releasing spring 2008... unless the usual delays.

Actually now that I think of it a Fuma costume would be great for Halloween.

also, GGPO now supports Marvel vs Capcom :)

lastly, an arcade cabinet with a built in beer tap:

gamerator.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:drool: at the machine. I'm literally going to try to build that. I was just thinking today about the kind of cabinet I'm going to build next summer. Now I have to add a beer tap to my blueprints :drool: :drool:

Next week is going to be 2-D fighting overload with KoF XI, NeoGeo BC, and Fire Pro Wrestling. I haven't even opened up my copy of GG AC yet.

[quote name='MadFlava']Next week is going to be 2-D fighting overload with KoF XI, NeoGeo BC, and Fire Pro Wrestling. I haven't even opened up my copy of GG AC yet.[/QUOTE]
Can't wait. I have all 3 coming by way of Amazon. Should be some sweet gaming, and I hope that NGBC has its load times shortened. I've heard that a PS3 shortens load times for it, so I may go that route if it doesn't work with HDLoader like the import.

[quote name='guido_anchovy_9']The only other thing the machine might need is a built in urinal.[/QUOTE]yo that's nasty!! last thing I want next to my street fighter is pee... unless you mean pee one and pee two... which in that case it would be P, not pee, just P.

or P groove.

[quote name='JEKKI']yo that's nasty!! last thing I want next to my street fighter is pee... unless you mean pee one and pee two... which in that case it would be P, not pee, just P.

or P groove.[/QUOTE]

Man, seriously.

oh wow!

this one goes out to fighting gamers who actually give a fuck about playing them games and being good at them and respecting the culture and scene... not jus talking about them and casually playing them in a gotta catchemall mentality.

yup... I'm talking to YOU!!

with that said, sum very interesting results from Friday's socal 3S ranbato:

44 Entrants

1st: Pyrolee (+10) - Yun
2nd: 99% ArlyJuice (+7) -Makoto
3rd: Amirbear (+5) -Chun-Li
4th: J-Rod (+3) -Akuma
5th: Shogo-13 (Twelve)
5th: Gootecks (Urien)
7th: Trippy (Yun)
7th: 5-Star (Ken)
9th: Sanchez (Alex)
9th: Jose (Akuma)
9th: ReNiC (Alex)
9th: Ed Ma (Ken)
13th: Sebastian (Oro)
13th: Ray Ramos (Dudley?!?!?)
13th: Mr. Universe (Urien)
13th: MattxChin (Ken)
17th: Derrick (Ken)
17th: Jeesup (Dudley) (oops)
17th: RIC/Ronnie (Chun)
17th: JO50 (Ken)
17th: Hai (Urien)
17th: Don Sneddon (Alex)
17th: Sextaro Inoue (Makoto)

25: Suupaa
25: Kryo
25: Roland
25: Andrew L
25: Sherwin
25: Kai
25: Jeremiah
25: Zerogunner
33: Zero
33: Ehud
33: Lenin
33: Bebop
33: Tom C
33: Scott
33: Bean
33: Vinny
33: Ryuto
33: Leo
33: John B
33: Tenren

Pyrolee back w/ a hunger after getting straight 2nd places last season, Amir only 5 points as of rite now?? Arlieth?? 5th place TWELVE?!?!?!

shyt's insane!! I dont give a fuck, I suck at this game. I'm entering the next one.

exams are done for me now... time to play sum fukkin GAMES

So Markman when you gonna get your 360 back? I've been beating everyone on CAG in VF5 and I'm starting to think that I'm good. I need to be brought down to reality. I haven'thad this much fun with a fighter since KOF 98'

JEKKI - OMG I wish I was one of those guys, then I'd be hardcore and deserve to post here.

Rodimus -- I will cut you down to size with my considerable day of practice on the 360 version. One of these days.

Cheap-ish Melty Blood should be tempting for people. Because Melty Blood Ver. B is awesome.

My 360 should be back today or tomorrow! I can't wait!

I got the tracking # already!

WHEEE

But I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy right now X_X

I'll hurry it up tho!

------

BIG video update thanks to the Hong Kong Tekken community!

Check SDTEKKEN TEKKEN 6 NEWS

* YT - Tekken 6 - Bryan vs Steve
* YT - Tekken 6 - Jin vs Kazuya
* YT - Tekken 6 - Jin vs Steve
* YT - Tekken 6 - Anna vs Steve
* YT - Tekken 6 - Anna vs Baek
* YT - Tekken 6 - Armor King vs Baek
* YT - Tekken 6 - Armor King vs Jin
* YT - Tekken 6 - Bryan vs Paul
* YT - Tekken 6 - Xiaoyu vs Paul
* YT - Tekken 6 - Xiaoyu vs Panda
* YT - Tekken 6 - Bruce vs Panda
* YT - Tekken 6 - Raven vs Jin
* YT - Tekken 6 - Raven vs Steve

Best vids yet!

[quote name='Chacrana']Rodimus -- I will cut you down to size with my considerable day of practice on the 360 version. One of these days.[/quote]

I'll be on tonight after I get boozed up. When I start drinking I become Super Saiyan in fighters. Do you still use Lei?

lol, found that the short convo in the beginning of the Jin vs Kazuya was pretty funny.

cameraman: Were you happy when you lost?
kazuya player: screw you!

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I'll be on tonight after I get boozed up. When I start drinking I become Super Saiyan in fighters. Do you still use Lei?[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah, but I have little skill anymore. I only played this game once a few days ago... Phoenix Wright is all I've been playing, so I won't even be a challenge.

Yet...

KOF will probably follow suit. I hope this time is being spent on debugging or something..right.

So I was watching one of the top vf5 xbl scorers replays...and they are pattern whore. very effective on the AI, though...

I just tried the sandpaper fix on my 360 wireless controller. It seemed to take forever with sandpaper, so I busted out a razor blade. I was taking a decent amount off of the ring around the Dpad, but then I cut through the bottom support ring. I just broke it off, sanded it down with some 320 grit, and put it back together.

I tried it out on some Third Strike, and it seems a decent amount better. It's really loose, but that's how I like it. It still makes a popping sound when you press left hard. I was probably going to pick up VF5 for 360 tomorrow, and I need a good controller to play it while I make a stick.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']JEKKI - OMG I wish I was one of those guys, then I'd be hardcore and deserve to post here.[/QUOTE]nah man... I'm jus sayin y'all should step your games up.

goes for me too.

I always wish I could see more strategy in this thread, but everytime I try to talk sum it goes ignored...

I dont read other threads in other forums about other games, so like hell I kno how to play shyt like KOF or Hokuto no Ken or even Soul Calibur, even tho I see those games everywhere I go.

had doods in here been talking more about playing the game rather than the game itself, I may be interested to give it a try.

jus saying man, nothing's stopping you from being a top player... we should all help each other.

I'm playing this shyt a lot lately:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=315eX5mhOTg[/media]

3:58 into the video, I still suck! any tips??? coz as I said my exams are now over and ranbats are in full effect, my next goal is to become Socal's best Axl

check it out, I'll say it like this:

last saturday evening I learned one of my most vicious mistakes I been making in my gameplay, when you follow the rensengeki (chain throw move) with the up command, it allows you opponent to tech out before they hit the ground. I saw this numerous times playing against sum scrub named Mike Z.

another one of my bad habits is that I play too defensively as Axl sucks with rushdown.

the way I revised my game is to not go for the tap up followup on the chain. It doest do as much damage but it exhibits Axl's greatest strength: he can knock you the fuck down from 75% screen away.

this therefore makes up for his inability to rush and leaves you with many Oki options.

all I need to do now is go back and play more humans to see how that works out for me.

but I'm getting there, tru dat.

I was playing Melty Blood and I forgot how to do this arc drive finish with Miyako. So I was like "oh yeah, it's in the moves list." I checked it and remembered how to do it. Helped me win the match against the CPU. I'm just hardcore like that.

Jekki man, I hear you. Like I said I'm fairly hardcore. Played (and placed) in plenty of East Coast tournaments. I've been there, man.

I respect what you're saying, bro.

Jekki, you should add some rensen FRCs to your rushdown when the opponent is near the FRC point of the rensen. Sometimes they get hit by the frc which can lead you to a bomber or 63214s ender combos, if they don't get hit they'll be in block stun where you can run up and throw them.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Jekki man, I hear you. Like I said I'm fairly hardcore. Played (and placed) in plenty of East Coast tournaments. I've been there, man.

I respect what you're saying, bro.[/QUOTE]

I understand/respect what he's saying too.

The problem is not everyone is a hardcore GG player nor is everyone hardcore with every fighting game they talk about. Most of the time JEKKI you talk about GG stuff. While I love the series, I play it a little more casually and do not play it as much as I play CVS2. Notice how you and SmallWind trade strategies a bunch here, since you two are both hardcore GG players.

Some people have a handful of games they are really great at while some maybe have 1-2 they absolutely love and devote all of their time to.

Id love to spend thread after thread talking about CVS2 strategies. Then again if I wanted that I'd head over to Shoryuken. The reason I post here 99% more is because there isn't an elitist attitude like there is with most of that forum. Here I can talk with cool people about fighting games in general rather than having some crazy dick measuring contest to who has the best (**Insert Fighting Game Character Here**)

JEKKI and asian both speak the truth. First of all, I'm not hardcore at all even though I've recently started importing games so that gives me a slice of hardcore cred.

I think there's a place for strategy and general bullshittery in this thread. I don't think it's that bad though. For every off topic, zany, and wild subject, there's some good strategy for any game that's requested. I asked for some advice in CvS2 and I got it on the same page.

I used to play Virtua Fighter and old school SFII before I found this thread. My eyes have been opened to alot of quality fighters that I never gave a chance. Like asian said, everyone here isn't about arguing about superiority of their game. We're just enjoying fighting games period. It's a great atmosphere and I'm glad it's the way it is.

Totally agree w/ Asian and Depascal's posts

Yea I like the way it is to. I was sayin' that this is a great place for pretty solid players. I view everyone as being like pretty good and hardcore about fighters. Like say, Pyrolee/Justin Wong/ Sanford Kelly those types of guys are 10's on a scale, then I view everyone here as like 6-8's. Which is good.

It creates good conversation, and it helps that everyone respects everyone else. It's the one thread on CAG that I actually like everyone that posts in it (even good ol' Raspy - every thread needs a heel).

Also GG is corny so I don't talk it :)

Nah it's okay but I don't play it hardcore at all (or even really play it at all), I'm more of a Capcom guy. Love me some Marvel / 3s / CvS2. I know I've already talked about it, but I'm still stoked on Thanksgiving break when I'll have time to relax and play fighters. I think the actual day of Thanksgiving I'm gonna play CvS2 and Marvel 2 all day. Might throw in some 3s, but that game bores me playing against the computer (even more than other fighters).

OT, and heading toward the realm of EXTREME nerdiness, but does anyone have any game tattoos? I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;)

[quote name='jimfoley16']OT, and heading toward the realm of EXTREME nerdiness, but does anyone have any game tattoos? I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;)[/QUOTE]

Pictures, Now!!! :D

JEKKI - But like most people already said, I'm not hardcore with every fighter, but I do enjoy/own/play all of them. I've never been good at talk about strategy. But don't let our lack of knowledge get you down. I've posted about topics I want to discuss and they would often get ignored also. It's just the mood of the thread at the time.

Personally I've fallen out of my Guilty Gear trend, but back in collage I played that game religously. Heck I even won a tourney in it with Slayer. We all have our own games of specialty and I think that makes us a pretty unique group of posters. Okay here's my impressions, could be wrong:

Markman: Tekken
Rolento: Tekken
Jim: SFIII/ MK
Asian: CVS2/ SNK stuff
Jekki: Guilty Gear
Chacrana: Boobs
Appossum: DOA
Bustauppa: SFIII
Depascal: CVS2/ VF5 wannabe ;)
Smallwind: Guilty Gear
gumn: Not sure, but I get a Tekken vibe
Guile: SF Alpha series?
Rodimus: VF5/ Most anything SNK

Of course this is un-scientific. If I got something wrong let me know. Also, sorry if I mised anyone, that doesn't mean you're not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back