Fighting Game Thread 7 is bringin' da heat in Super Street Fighter 4, watch yourself!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']ehrg?

mvsc_1fczi.jpg

http://www.allgamesbeta.info/2010/05/marvel-vs-capcom-3.html[/QUOTE]

Ah, another preview from the new GI. Here's a summary of some points made in the article:
http://scrambledpixel.com/2010/05/09/marvel-vs-capcom-3-info-and-screens/

This month’s Game Informer contains the first screens and info on Marvel VS Capcom 3. Here’s what we know.

* The Hulk, Dante, Chris Redfield, Captain America, Felecia, Wolverine, Morrigan, Deadpool and Ironman are all confirmed.
* MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists.
* Marvel vs Capcom 3 will have simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the “Exchange Button”. You can counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.
* Deadpool has a teleportation move but it will malfunction if you use it too much. He breaks the fourth wall just like in the comics by beating up his opponents with his health bar.
* Chris Redfield uses two weapons from Resident Evil 5, his shotgun and the shock stick.

I was reading the KOFXII description and ran across this:

Ability to form clans, create your own personal Clan emblem and compete against other clans online

I never noticed this feature. Is this a mistake?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']And the clans feature is only on the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Weird, it mentioned this in the 360 description also. Leave it to a KOFXII hater to school me.

i never really got into Marvel v Capcom 1 or 2, even though I had both of them for the Dreamcast. I did like Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but had no good way to play the game as my TE stick is for a real console. If MvC3 had elements of both TvC and MvC2, then I'd have no choice not to play it, especially if I could use my TE stick on it

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Hank, Suko, and Uraizen, I know you guys have been waiting for an awesome deal like this! GO GO GO GO~[/QUOTE]

Blow me ^_^

[quote name='GameInformer']* MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists.[/quote]

see... I will like the game but TvC made me miss MvC2's controls :(

[quote name='Rodimus']Weird, it mentioned this in the 360 description also. Leave it to a KOFXII hater to school me.[/QUOTE]

I hate because I care. It's like sending a potentially smart child to school and they bring you a report card full of D's. Tough love.

[quote name='LostRoad']#-oThere is no hope for some of you.

Jim you still alive?[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I am still kicking. Haven't been on SSF4 in like a week. Anyone wanna play tomorrow evening?

^ I'd love to get in a few games but I'll be at work. Maybe if your on either Wednesday or Thursday.

I used Adon a bunch in Ranked and was quite impressed with myself. I did 8 strait wins in a row, almost got the 10 wins acheivment. Also doing pretty good with Hakan. Either I'm getting better or I just keep playing crappy players.... probably a mixture of both.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ I'd love to get in a few games but I'll be at work. Maybe if your on either Wednesday or Thursday.

I used Adon a bunch in Ranked and was quite impressed with myself. I did 8 strait wins in a row, almost got the 10 wins acheivment. Also doing pretty good with Hakan. Either I'm getting better or I just keep playing crappy players.... probably a mixture of both.[/QUOTE]

I'll back you up on Adon use. He's pretty much my main now... went from Dan, to Cody, to Adon...

GG's to Rolento, Trajin and gigan tonight.

gigan, against Seth you should pretty much be picking U2 for T-Hawk. Since Seth doesn't have his Teleport Mixup anymore, he's got to rely on more Wall Jumping than normal. Still think it's a hard match for Hawk, as Seth can just lame him out.

Traj, I think Guy has an air throw that gobbles up Seth's j.mp. A friend of mine has been maining Guy and I think the throw has priority over j.mp's.

Rolento, glad you are sticking with Adon. He's got some really hard links. Again, try to mix up your Jaguar Tooth game (free damage if I see it coming), try not to jump too much and learn a bunch of BnB's and Ultra setups for U2 (there are a couple)

[quote name='asianxcore']GG's to Rolento, Trajin and gigan tonight.

gigan, against Seth you should pretty much be picking U2 for T-Hawk. Since Seth doesn't have his Teleport Mixup anymore, he's got to rely on more Wall Jumping than normal. Still think it's a hard match for Hawk, as Seth can just lame him out.[/QUOTE]
I can personally vouch for this. My only problem with Seth (well, AxC's Seth at least) is getting in there. Once I'm in though, it's all gravy.

Mmmm...gravy...

^WOW. His throw is BS. Guy's trials were pretty damn easy, maybe I'll pick him up.

Anyone know when the complete costume package is coming? I'm so tempted to buy them individually, but I rather save some Microsoft points.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']
Anyone know when the complete costume package is coming? I'm so tempted to buy them individually, but I rather save some Microsoft points.[/QUOTE]End of July.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Haha yeah I am still kicking. Haven't been on SSF4 in like a week. Anyone wanna play tomorrow evening?[/QUOTE]

I'll keep an eye out for you this weekend.

Considering that it's a motion-based airgrab (qcf+p) instead of the regular lp+lk airgrabs, it'd make sense for it to have awesome priority.

EDIT: Oh wait, you're talking about the Bushin Flip throw. Never mind.

[quote name='gunm']Why the hell can't I do L Jet Punch H Jet Punch in the trials? Argh.

I still like Dudley though.[/QUOTE]
I'm starting to like Dudley too, but man does he have some scary bad matchups (grapplers).

edit: hey MM, am I supposed to contact you or wait for an email in regards to that contest? just wondering, I might've been too ecstatic when I heard my name on the stream that I may have missed something. =x

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asianxcore']
Rolento, glad you are sticking with Adon. He's got some really hard links. Again, try to mix up your Jaguar Tooth game (free damage if I see it coming), try not to jump too much and learn a bunch of BnB's and Ultra setups for U2 (there are a couple)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I honestly need to just sit down and watch some high level Adon play since I havent even watched any of the new fighter techiniques. Only Adon U2 setup I know of is the cornered opponent EX Jag Tooth to U2.

I just need to get better at SF games since I've never been that great.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah, I honestly need to just sit down and watch some high level Adon play since I havent even watched any of the new fighter techiniques. Only Adon U2 setup I know of is the cornered opponent EX Jag Tooth to U2.

I just need to get better at SF games since I've never been that great.[/QUOTE]Adon sucks. I tried him a bit, all he can do is stuff other characters do better.

u can rising jaguar -> FADC -> U2, but half the cast can do that...

and a lot of his moves seemed unsafe... I donno u may wanna practice insta-air Jaguar kick assuming it may be a good pressure tool... Im not sure but u may be at a frame advantage???

[quote name='shinryuu']I'm starting to like Dudley too, but man does he have some scary bad matchups (grapplers).

edit: hey MM, am I supposed to contact you or wait for an email in regards to that contest? just wondering, I might've been too ecstatic when I heard my name on the stream that I may have missed something. =x[/QUOTE]

I'll email you. I was out of the office all day today.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I hate because I care. It's like sending a potentially smart child to school and they bring you a report card full of D's. Tough love.[/QUOTE]
awww man, that was me :\

That's a pretty cool air throw vid for Guy, now I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing it a lot online now, and that's bad news for my Bison, time to work on the ground game!

Yo Hank, your prize package is ready to go. Just waiting for the next time I hit up the post office.

Unrelated but totally true, Samurai Showdown Sen is probably the worst fighter I've ever played. It's not even a fun type of bad (think King of Fighters: Maximum Impact or Street Fighter EX) it is just BAD BAD (think War Gods or BioFreaks). There is not ANY fun at all to be had.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Sen has headless and handless people though... that's gotta count for something.[/QUOTE]
So does Mortal Kombat Armageddon, but that game still stinks.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']But even that game was "bad fun"[/QUOTE]
The only thing good about Armageddon was the fantastic intro. The game itself was a major disappointment.

I sent SamShoSen back the same day I got it from Gamefly. Street Fighter EX & KOF Max Impact are masterpieces compared to this turd.

No prob Lost. Well get some matches in some day.

Kula is announced. Great. Why couldn't they add American Sports Team? Now we're going to have hte K' fans annoy the hell out of me with their team. I thought that Kyo, Beni and Joe were bad enough.

[quote name='Paco']Kula is announced. Great. Why couldn't they add American Sports Team? Now we're going to have hte K' fans annoy the hell out of me with their team. I thought that Kyo, Beni and Joe were bad enough.[/QUOTE]

K' fans annoying you, eh? Can't be worse than KOF fans bugging you about every small detail.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']K' fans annoying you, eh? Can't be worse than KOF fans bugging you about every small detail.[/QUOTE]

LOL. KOF fans at least have some reason to complain. If Capcom SNK'd Ken and took away his fireball and made him completely combo based, they'd piss their panties in an uproar. How many times have I had to relearn Chin? I think two or three times. Which isn't as bad as Kensou. That mother fucker gets different moves every year or every other year or different inputs to existing moves just out of spite. Kensou fans have reason to complain.

Though the grabs getting their priority back with what was shown with Raiden. Grapplers GON RAEP.

K' fans annoy me. I would have put American sports team in just for shits and giggles. Heavy D needs his return. He's the best boxing character ever made. He'd fuck up Balrog and Dudley no problem.

[quote name='Paco']Heavy D needs his return. He's the best boxing character ever made. He'd fuck up Balrog and Dudley no problem.[/QUOTE]

56787-164102-DudleyHaterspng-620x.jpg

[quote name='paco'] if capcom snk'd ken and took away his fireball and made him completely combo based, they'd piss their panties in an uproar. [/quote]

did you play street fighter iv?

[quote name='heavyd853']did you play street fighter iv?[/QUOTE]

Yes I did, and they still chucked fireballs like Oprah uses lipo.

bread's done
Back