Fighting Game Thread XLIV - GGPO & Leah Dizon... gamers on top!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep forgetting these "LE" Hori sticks that match with games are just budget sticks. I guess "real" players don't need all that ghey fancy-schmancy graphics and shit. :)

I guess I can just Pelican and HRAP2, but I'm a sucker for LEs. Even cheapie ones. :p

I put the SCIV stick with a pre-order in case I change my mind, though...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Still planning on getting SFIV on whatever console sounds best, then on PSP, and then eventually on PC for on the go competition.[/quote]
So there will be a PSP version of the game?

[quote name='PhrostByte']I think I'll be playing it on PC with my keyboard thank you very much.

ASDZXC ftw![/QUOTE]

Yeah, PC players!

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']So there will be a PSP version of the game?[/QUOTE]

I am planning on it. I don't know when we'll hear the first news of it, but yeah, expect it.

Hopefully the SFIV stick is better than the mixed reviewed SF anniversary one. Either way, I'm gonna assume the stick will be geared toward the casual fan and not the competition folks.

[quote name='gunm']Hopefully the SFIV stick is better than the mixed reviewed SF anniversary one. Either way, I'm gonna assume the stick will be geared toward the casual fan and not the competition folks.[/QUOTE]

Hm? Mark said that the stick will be good, and I believe him.

Now, whether or not the stick will be CHEAP...that's another issue. :cool:

More info on the sticks in the future... all your questions will be answered.

The projects will appeal to both hardcore and casual...

Have you tried it yet, smallwind? Doesn't look that hot to me, although I do like Saber. Actually, I'm more interested in the PVC figure right now... :p

[quote name='gunm']Have you tried it yet, smallwind? Doesn't look that hot to me, although I do like Saber. Actually, I'm more interested in the PVC figure right now... :p[/quote] Nope, haven't tried it yet only saw match vids. I probably would try it out but don't think the arcade in Houston has it yet. The PVC figure is for the LE of the game, it's about 10499 yen ($100).

oh my god

blaz blue

oh my god

i dont think there is abetter looking 2d fighter... until maybe kof12 shows more shit.

but man

MK vs DC seems to be shaping up pretty nicely, I'm kinda suprised. Although it seems like there could be some character unbalance and issues with using the stages for damage.

All in all though, it actually looks decently fun (gasp!?)

Same here I suppose. I'm really debating whether or not to get the SCIV stick for ps3 right now, especially because of its price atm.

I know its crappy, but I don't have alot of money to blow on arcade sticks right now. Also, I can't play SC anymore without an arcade stick, and since I don't have one!

Are there any better sticks (and cheaper/same-ish price range) that I could get for ps2/ps3 right now? Because at worst I just use this one through Tekken 6 and get the SFIV one when it comes out next year.

With SF IV officially out in Japan now, it looks like the core of Japanese fighting gamers are finally going to get to exploit and expand on the gameplay system that Capcom originally envisioned.

That being said, word on the street right now is Rufus is tearing up a lot of ppl!

GO FATTY

mad shyt jux came up... I prolly wont make it tonite to the Street Fighter thing...

markmang u and your crew better make a good report, like pics n shyt, and show off dem t shirts!

and eat extra food for me too!!

HRAP2 Orange (amazon exclusive) pre-orders have gone up at various importers. I guess they're the same except for the different color. I'm still debating if it's worth getting a HRAP3 or not. The newer white one is more expensive--why is that, MM? I think you did post the differences, but I can't remember now.

I'm not a hardcore stick collector per se, but I do have several now...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only expensive because of the site that is reselling them/importing them.

If you order directly through Amazon Japan it's cheaper.

I got a friend in Japan get me two of each, I'll review/post up images of each.

I think they're about $60 each before shipping.

[quote name='MarkMan']It's only expensive because of the site that is reselling them/importing them.

If you order directly through Amazon Japan it's cheaper.

I got a friend in Japan get me two of each, I'll review/post up images of each.

I think they're about $60 each before shipping.[/quote]

Thanks, MM.

So Markman, do you have some sort of stick shrine in your house? Some room in the basement where you have to take off your shoes and go through a metal detector? You've got more arcade sticks then people have tools in their garage!

Nah, they're just stacking up in my room. I tried to get them all to take a picture of my pile but I was too lazy to unbox the rest of them...

1469858059_50936d4407_o.jpg

Thats like 35 of them. Most of them with box. I have 55 right now. Will have 60 by the end of next week X_X

And 2 very special ones being delivered to me on Monday ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back