Fighting Game Thread XLIV - GGPO & Leah Dizon... gamers on top!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
no 6G'in throws anymore? WTFFFFFF

Oh well they're still just A or B or A+B breaks, right?

Also, I got Vampire Collection PS2 and Garou PS2 today. Someone sold them to me on here for 30 shipped. They're both like completely mint. SWEEEEEEEEEEET. Gonna go play Garou.

PS: Someone build me a stick.

markman!

my friend doesn't want the SF shirt no more.

PM me your addy and i'll send you the shirt since i'm not hitting up comic con next week.

!!! damn that sucks, no Comic-Con :(

Thanks kainzero ^_^

---

Jim: Yea still A/B/A+B... there are some new unbreakable ones though.

[quote name='MarkMan']!!! damn that sucks, no Comic-Con :(

Thanks kainzero ^_^

---

Jim: Yea still A/B/A+B... there are some new unbreakable ones though.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Got my copy of Soul Calibur IV today. Anyone have anything you'd like tested/impressions to look out for?

I'll post up/play all night after I get back from my showing of Dark Knight...

Oh nice MM, if you could check to see if Astaroth has any new throw moves (IE 214+A, 3+B+K).

Also, try out Vader / Yoda and let us know if he's lame or not.

[quote name='MarkMan']Got my copy of Soul Calibur IV today. Anyone have anything you'd like tested/impressions to look out for?

I'll post up/play all night after I get back from my showing of Dark Knight...[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know if it's good or bad.

Also, I dunno if you got the LE (I'm assuming no), but it'd be cool to know what the hell the "exclusive DLC" entails... because I don't need a shirt designed for Jabba, a stupid tin, or a shitty art book I'll never look at.

[quote name='suko_32']Yes, it does support 3S and it's awesome.[/quote]

Weird. I have 0.29.1 (I thought that was the latest version) and it gives this error message:

Welcome to the Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike room. This is mainly just for kicks. Do not expect 3s to become a supported game in build 28.

o You need both the sfiii3.zip and sfiii3n.zip files!

Lets see how it works.

I guess I should have actually tried it before asking. :]

Ahhhhhh fuck high tiered fatties!

Rufuses dive kick combo reminds me of all of the akuma crouching med kick to lk tatsumaki shenanigans in 3s.

Also, did they take out GI on grabs because it knocks down now, or does it only do that from behind or something?

Man, I hate fat people. I was at Dark Knight yesterday and this guy behind me was fat as fuck. He kept breathin' so loud, but he shut up after a while. He did walk up a whole four steps, so I guess he was entitled to exhaustion. Anyway, this motherfucker started shaking his XL drink halfway through the movie an' I'm like WTF you fatty, you don't need more calories to support your daily activity. When it left, I felt my chair fly back like I was reclining hardcore! That fatty was pushin' my seat forward that whole time.

Point is, fat characters in fighting games suck, just like fat characters in real life.

Sorry, I didn't realize I was sitting behind you Chac. :)

I gotta get a 30 mm drill bit, paint, and solder, then I can finish my Super Agetec Stick of Doom.

[quote name='MarkMan']Jim: Yea still A/B/A+B... there are some new unbreakable ones though.[/QUOTE]

Lizardman had an unbreakable throw. It was stupid.

And it's just A or B. There were no A+B breaks.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Sorry, I didn't realize I was sitting behind you Chac. :)

I gotta get a 30 mm drill bit, paint, and solder, then I can finish my Super Agetec Stick of Doom.[/QUOTE]

Naw, you couldn't be this guy unless you're liable to trip over your stomach. It was gross.

[quote name='Chacrana']Naw, you couldn't be this guy unless you're liable to trip over your stomach. It was gross.[/QUOTE]

It definitely wasn't me, unless you were a good looking chick with a turd boyfriend. And I'm probably not going to be tripping over my stomach. :)

One of my friends that went with was trying to talk during it to me. He can't just sit there and watch the damn movie. Plus he hates it when movies aren't 100% logic based or something. I think he just doesn't like movies. :)

Fighting games forever.

Sorry B:L ;(

I will report soon...

My friends and I are about to have a tournament...

2683820863_f535d9b266.jpg

Well, I can't wait to play SCIV... I've been itching for a different fighter lately... might pick up KoFXI finally since I need a fighter for the time I wait.

oh and Foley, PM me. I can finally send you SFEX3.

I don't suggest getting KOFXI unless you want to realize that you just wasted 3 hours messing with a single set of combos that oswald has. Man is that guy nuts.

Also, I finally was able to do the multi air db lk's with K' against the edge of the stage, I was so proud of myself! That shit's timing is intense!

I think I may get Soul Calibur... mostly coz of Seung Mina... I like korean girls!!

384365456_da295693d1.jpg

but only if u guys and markman and B:L say it's good... coz I hate spending money!!

especially on korean girls... fuckin gold diggers!!

from personal experience, korean girls are nothing but bad news.

so the damn 3s machine at my arcade has been modified so that it can switch between 3s and neogeo games.. and some guys were all up on some svc chaos. my cousins and i end up leaving without any 3s cuz i have no idea how to play that shitty-ass game, and i can't beat them off the machine. so now i probably have to learn svc chaos in case that shit happens again.. jesus christ.

So far, game is REALLY slow. Slowest SC yet IMO.

But the game is pretty fun so far. Just playing, not really testing stuff.

More later.

[quote name='MarkMan']So far, game is REALLY slow. Slowest SC yet IMO.

But the game is pretty fun so far. Just playing, not really testing stuff.

More later.[/QUOTE]

Comic-Con tournament? ;)

How's Mitsu's 2K,B? Did it still have the AX glitch where his opponent can stand up immediately after getting hit by it if they hold G?

Slow as in the controls feel slow? Framerate/animation? Slow for even the "fast" characters?

And yeah, K-girls tend to be high maintenance, at least in my experience. >_

B:L yea, it is the SAME! I didn't do thorough testing but yea the 2KB shit had my opponent standing after a few times when they tried to recover.

We had a blind tourney tonight (everyone's first time playing) and I won using Mitsu/Cassy lol... I don't quite know how to use 11_77KB... I just use 11K lol.

I feel the game SEEMS slower than SC3 AE, but overall the thing that makes it seem slow to me is the pacing... there is so much more recovery to moves that I am accustomed to using etc. I think it will take time to adjust. But yea, it was obvious cus matches took a long time too and we were NOT turtling.

After about 300 matches tonight there were zero CFs that happened intentionally.

The tier whore in me is SAD at what they did to Xiangua... lol.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The only one that would be tough for me, besides the online ranked consecutive victories, is the Perfect Samurai achievement, since Mizuki is such a bitch.[/quote]
if they allow the cheat menu, it should be easy though. I look forward to this one having more longevity than FF did.

[quote name='Chacrana']So... how good is Fighters Megamix?[/QUOTE]

If you turn on the turbo mode, it's a blast. Mashing out insane combos is tons of fun. Otherwise, I though it felt a bit weird, and the Vipers are more powerful than the VF dudes.

[quote name='Chacrana']So... how good is Fighters Megamix?[/QUOTE]

Wooow, that's odd. I was JUST thinking about this game yesterday. Vipers were overpowered, cuz the VF characters didn't have the armor, but it was still a lot of fun. I loved kicking ass as the Daytona car...

sigh, I need to get a Saturn again.

I'd assume 400 like Fatal Fury Special but who knows? Someone at SNKP USA might know how good that game is.

I'll be passing on it. That damn 360 pad is aids.

[quote name='kristianator']from personal experience, korean girls are nothing but bad news.

so the damn 3s machine at my arcade has been modified so that it can switch between 3s and neogeo games.. and some guys were all up on some svc chaos. my cousins and i end up leaving without any 3s cuz i have no idea how to play that shitty-ass game, and i can't beat them off the machine. so now i probably have to learn svc chaos in case that shit happens again.. jesus christ.[/quote]

It's really ridiculous when you compare SvC (the SNK game) with CvS2 (the Capcom game), or even CvS1... Like night and day. But, I heard that South Americans and Asians really love KOF.. I've always been a bigger SF fan.

Do you guys know of any good software that can keep track of player stats and tournament stuff for fighting games?

[quote name='sleepy180']Uh oh. Looks like Rufus is a little broken. His diving kick is beastly. Top tier joke character? 30% damage on the dive kick spin move.[/quote]
what pisses me off is that his dive kick is mega fast but dhalsim's drill is mega slow.

wtf is that all about

that chun needed more jump straight up roundhouses though.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']If you turn on the turbo mode, it's a blast. Mashing out insane combos is tons of fun. Otherwise, I though it felt a bit weird, and the Vipers are more powerful than the VF dudes.[/QUOTE]

What I'm looking for is basically a fighting game that's a shitload of fun (doesn't have to be competitive), barring crazy turbo mode nonsense. I don't wanna bother with Megamix if it's not hella fun, but if it is, I'll bite.

Fighters Megamix is part VF2.5 and part FV. I'd rather just play VF or FV, not a mixup of both. It's still fun, but the Vipers are all easier to play as, and they have easy combos. B.M will almost always stomp all over any VF character. And it doesn't quite feel like VF or FV, but like some weird amalgam of the two.

If you can get it cheap, then give it a shot. I paid $10 for mine at Target ages ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jest']Do you guys know of any good software that can keep track of player stats and tournament stuff for fighting games?[/QUOTE]

what kind of stats? i was kind of looking for something like this a while back, but now i end up just handdrawing brackets. if you need a quick print of easy double or single elim brackets, you can cop some pdf's at playpool.com

[quote name='kristianator']what kind of stats? i was kind of looking for something like this a while back, but now i end up just handdrawing brackets. if you need a quick print of easy double or single elim brackets, you can cop some pdf's at playpool.com[/quote]

Automatic bracket making, keeping track of wins/loses, who fights with what characters, season long points system (a la NASCAR or PGA), and that kind of stuff. I think I will have to write this myself probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back