Fighting Game Thread XLIV - GGPO & Leah Dizon... gamers on top!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rufus man, did you guys see his cr fierce?

also his dive kick isn't my problem it's his safe spin which doubles as an OVERHEAD.

yeouch...

----

If anyone was curious, Play-Asia currently has the Amazon Japan exclusive HRAP3 and HRAP1 in stock:

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/hori-real-arcade-pro-amazon-jp-ps2/

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/hori-real-arcade-pro-3-amazon-jp-ps3/

Both work perfectly with SC IV. The PS2 one needs a converter; I'd suggest the REAL one:

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/converters/real-ps2ps3-converter/

i still love gief though.
i just remembered on friday when i landed 4 SPDs in a row, it was great.

SPD
bait wakeup DP, SPD
meaty c.lp x 2, SPD
cross up j.lk, c.lp, SPD

crowd was all into it =) it's the stuff i miss from playing fighting games, to play in front of a crowd and perform clutch plays, even it is in front of scrubs. i kept getting props for landing supers in clutch situations.

man i'm still excited for SF4. i really wanna play it. i miss that arcade feeling. i love how simple it is. i don't care how broken rufus seems right now, i wanna figure it out. i love how new it is, i haven't been around a game when it was that raw and no one knows what's going on.

---

SC4 got me less excited now just because it's NOT arcade now.
*sigh*

[quote name='kainzero']i still love gief though.[/QUOTE]

He still loves you too.

1213835969523qw0.jpg

[quote name='Jest']Do you guys know of any good software that can keep track of player stats and tournament stuff for fighting games?[/quote]

I'll link you later when I get home.

I always thought about trying VF5 I used to have some fun playing the old VF games with friends... even if I did suck horribly at them.

[quote name='kristianator']from personal experience, korean girls are nothing but bad news.

so the damn 3s machine at my arcade has been modified so that it can switch between 3s and neogeo games.. and some guys were all up on some svc chaos. my cousins and i end up leaving without any 3s cuz i have no idea how to play that shitty-ass game, and i can't beat them off the machine. so now i probably have to learn svc chaos in case that shit happens again.. jesus christ.[/QUOTE]

One of the worst decisions (and they make a lot) Scandia has ever made. Then again we always have those mid-week get togethers. B. Jenet secret scrub rape....FTW

I should go ahead and pre-order SCIV on PS3 sometime soon. It comes out a couple days after my birthday. Booya.

I haven't been on shoryuken in a long time. When I tried to log in today it said I was banned. No idea why I would be banned I had about 3 posts ever. Anyone think of a reason they would ban me? Seems like I was just ban for non use.

Well I got my SCIV stick in today, just a couple hours ago even. It's pretty cool, but Im having some trouble because of the square gate, it makes trying to do any super moves in KOFXI a freaking chore. Other than that I'm pretty happy with it, and it should hold me over until the Tekken stick comes out or the SFIV one.

When using a square gate stick, don't try to ride the gate, you don't have to push the stick that far in order for it to register the input. Just go smooth and easy. It takes awhile to get used to though. IMO doing 360s = way easier on JPN stick than a HAPP. That's just me though.

Hmm I'll try that out and see how it works, but I'm thinking about doing the bat stick + octagonal sanwa gate mod if possible if I don't like it. Its not really a problem for me in Tekken though, and It might not be in SC but we'll see.

I have a picture with that guy, Haruki Suzaki... The Namco Tekken team members are really nerdy/nice... lol.

My kind of peepz... -_-

It was a totally Namco corporate reply... Moneyhatterz.

I would love a 360 version too...

[quote name='heavyd853']Hmm I'll try that out and see how it works, but I'm thinking about doing the bat stick + octagonal sanwa gate mod if possible if I don't like it. Its not really a problem for me in Tekken though, and It might not be in SC but we'll see.[/quote]
a little bit of SF2 Zangief and KOF 98 will help you get acclimated to that joystick =)

[quote name='MarkMan']I have a picture with that guy, Haruki Suzaki... The Namco Tekken team members are really nerdy/nice... lol.

My kind of peepz... -_-

It was a totally Namco corporate reply... Moneyhatterz.

I would love a 360 version too...[/QUOTE]

I just hope it's not like VF5 where a 360 version suddenly becomes the better version after a few months.

[quote name='Chacrana']This is a good bit of news:

http://www.shopncsx.com/meltybloodactressagain.aspx

Melty Blood: Actress Again will hit arcades in September. While I can't say I'm prepared to spend $2500 on it, I will pick it up for the $60-70 it'll cost when it hits (presumably) PCs. Would be a badass game to have on the Dreamcast, though, as it is on the Naomi hardware.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, can't wait for the PC version.

It'd be nice if they build online play into the game this time... fuckin' with MBCaster is no fun.

Or shit, maybe if GGPO were to support it...

[quote name='Chacrana']It'd be nice if they build online play into the game this time... fuckin' with MBCaster is no fun.

Or shit, maybe if GGPO were to support it...[/QUOTE]

Oh snap! Built in online play would be awesome. I hope they include it this time.

[quote name='MarkMan']When using a square gate stick, don't try to ride the gate, you don't have to push the stick that far in order for it to register the input. Just go smooth and easy. It takes awhile to get used to though. IMO doing 360s = way easier on JPN stick than a HAPP. That's just me though.[/QUOTE]

man fukk dat ride the gate!!!

but really it depends on playstyle... I do so many executions in guilty gear that take advantage of the square restrictor on the joystick that it's silly hoe...

meatbun_bombshell.jpg

Meatbun came out with a new shirt design... freakin awesome!!!

I think that was the point.

Play-asia needs to hurry up and ship my damn Samurai Shodown collection. I'm already planning out my Ukyo color edits.

[quote name='depascal22']She looks like Cammy.[/QUOTE]

because she is.

also, stayed up till 5am last night on VF5... I realize how much I've lacked a good fighter in a while.

i would hate to be capcom and work on 1942

"hey let's work on a game where our country gets its ass kicked!"

That's why they made 1942 so fucking long. They figured no one would bother finishing it and thus Japan would never be defeated.

Street Fighter.

[quote name='sleepy180']Daigo playing SF4 tearing up guile as ryu. Hit the high quality button to make it look better.[/quote]
finally, someone realizes that fireballs are effective again!

playing at SF fight club, no one was spamming fireballs. i couldn't figure out why. maybe 'cause all these new fighters have so many anti-fireball strategies to the point where you only use it as a meaty attack.

Is anyone else hoping for VF5 R to make it's way to consoles?
My 360s D-Pad no longer registers down or right thanks to VF5, so I'd love to see it make it's way back to Ps3 with online play.

[quote name='Magentis']Is anyone else hoping for VF5 R to make it's way to consoles?
My 360s D-Pad no longer registers down or right thanks to VF5, so I'd love to see it make it's way back to Ps3 with online play.[/quote]

Co-sign :applause:

I've been getting into Goh lately instead of Kage.

[quote name='Costa']Should I get the 360 or PS3 version of VF5?[/quote]

360 version if you like online play. PS3 version if you want to pay less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back