Fighting Game Thread XLIV - GGPO & Leah Dizon... gamers on top!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been trying my damndest, and I can't get my Roll Cancels down in CvS2...still. I'm thinking I should give up on it and just work on my footsies/mind games. Any helpful advice would be appreciated, since Evo is in like, 2 weeks.

Also, Kirby and Falco are hot shit in Brawl with items on.

[quote name='Magentis']Is anyone else hoping for VF5 R to make it's way to consoles?
My 360s D-Pad no longer registers down or right thanks to VF5, so I'd love to see it make it's way back to Ps3 with online play.[/QUOTE]

I'd love VF5R for PS3. My 360 pad is almost completely done now. Plus I like playing it on PS3 because it doesn't sound like a harrier taking off.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']So I've been trying my damndest, and I can't get my Roll Cancels down in CvS2...still. I'm thinking I should give up on it and just work on my footsies/mind games. Any helpful advice would be appreciated, since Evo is in like, 2 weeks.[/quote]
what do you have problems with?
it's not coming out, it's not consistent? you can't tell if you're doing or not? which moves?

you don't need to RC everything, RC fireballs are fun but not particularly useful. RC anti-air is great but for the most part regular anti-air is just as good. you do need to know how to play against them though. RC elec, RC scissors lead straight into blanka/bison's custom.

i think RCing is more for traps and countering than spamming, although I do remember my friend spamming a-ken's kick.

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']Man...Tekken 6 needs a console release soon. Prospects for Colorado getting a machine are pretty bad...scene is half dead.[/QUOTE]

come to miami, it's worse. anyone who plays fighters here only knows about Smash Bros or Naruto >_

[quote name='Mr. Beef']So I've been trying my damndest, and I can't get my Roll Cancels down in CvS2...still. I'm thinking I should give up on it and just work on my footsies/mind games. Any helpful advice would be appreciated, since Evo is in like, 2 weeks.
[/QUOTE]

Not helpful advice but.....

Playing any groove with the option roll in CVS2 and not knowing how to roll cancel is going to make things way difficult. Being good with K-Groove footsies is key to winning without learning how to roll cancel. Just keep working on your timing as everyone has different ways to roll cancel. I tend to do a "piano" style (left to right) roll cancel with RC Electric w/ Blanka, Vega and others.

Also in general, keeping the jumping to a minimum. You've played me and how often I jump (which I've cut down). That way you won't get punished by AA or A-Groove activation -----> corner rape.

So I know there's input lag when playing PS2 games on the PS3, but was wondering if the same applies to the 360 playing Xbox1 games. Was thinking about getting Street Fighter Anniversary Edition again, and was debating about which system to get it on if I do.

[quote name='suko_32']So I know there's input lag when playing PS2 games on the PS3, but was wondering if the same applies to the 360 playing Xbox1 games. Was thinking about getting Street Fighter Anniversary Edition again, and was debating about which system to get it on if I do.[/QUOTE]

I have it for trade/sell if ur interested. It's the Xbx version. Xbx version is a tiny bit nicer since it has online.

Don't try to play Street Fighter Anniversary Edition on 360 unless you have a stick or are brave, because the 360 demon pad from hell is horrible for it. I play mine on my Xbox using a PS2 pad converter. ;)

Actually, I think I'm going to hold off. Too many games I still need to finish and I just remembered I have GGPO till then. Thanks though, RR.

Also, yeah I do have a 360 stick. If I had to play with that 360 D-Pad I'd cry.

:lol: I still just need a stick... been stuck with pad and keyboard for a longass time... though I'm pretty damn good on keyboard. KoF 98 + NEORage for many years helped me with that.

For years I didn't like using a stick. And now I know that it was always because I used cheap pieces of shit sticks that sucked ass. Using an actual quality stick made me want to use sticks with every fighter. :)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']For years I didn't like using a stick. And now I know that it was always because I used cheap pieces of shit sticks that sucked ass. Using an actual quality stick made me want to use sticks with every fighter. :)[/QUOTE]

yeah that's my problem. I want my first stick to be a first good one. Kinda like loosing my stick virginity. I don't want a crack whore, but a classy bitch.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Suko get Anniversary Collection on Xbox, Ill play 3s with you

Also, had no luck finding anywhere around here that was selling SC4 early :([/QUOTE]

How's the lag online? I heard it wasn't very good. I'm spoiled thanks to GGPO :whistle2:(

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Suko get Anniversary Collection on Xbox, Ill play 3s with you

Also, had no luck finding anywhere around here that was selling SC4 early :([/QUOTE]

have you decided on what version you're getting?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']have you decided on what version you're getting?[/QUOTE]

That will probably be a game time decision but I'm leaning toward PS3 just to play with all of you guys. I was also thinking about buying the 360 one and renting the PS3 one. Most likely will buy the PS3 one though. You're getting it on P3 right ReRo? I think pretty much everyone in here is.

Unrelated: On the 1st I move into my new house so no more lame Internet for me. Anyone recommend a good Router that is easy to configure for GGPO and Torrents? That would be sweet.

Also unrelated: I went through a list today of every US PS2 release today and there are only 27 more games that I don't own but want. I have like 70 US games right now and 12 or so imports.

Speaking of which, did that rumored Twinkle Star Sprites PS2 port ever come out in Japan?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']That will probably be a game time decision but I'm leaning toward PS3 just to play with all of you guys. I was also thinking about buying the 360 one and renting the PS3 one. Most likely will buy the PS3 one though. You're getting it on P3 right ReRo? I think pretty much everyone in here is.

Unrelated: On the 1st I move into my new house so no more lame Internet for me. Anyone recommend a good Router that is easy to configure for GGPO and Torrents? That would be sweet.

Also unrelated: I went through a list today of every US PS2 release today and there are only 27 more games that I don't own but want. I have like 70 US games right now and 12 or so imports.

Speaking of which, did that rumored Twinkle Star Sprites PS2 port ever come out in Japan?[/QUOTE]

According to Gamefaqs it did come out in Japan, but was never released here.

Also, I'm getting the PS3 version of SCIV. I'm sure I'll never beat you guys though, since I'm a SC newb. I never really played my SCIII & II much for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']That will probably be a game time decision but I'm leaning toward PS3 just to play with all of you guys. I was also thinking about buying the 360 one and renting the PS3 one. Most likely will buy the PS3 one though. You're getting it on P3 right ReRo? I think pretty much everyone in here is.

Speaking of which, did that rumored Twinkle Star Sprites PS2 port ever come out in Japan?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, PS3 for me.

Glad to hear you no longer will have that wonky dorm style internet.

Twinkle Star Sprites on PS2 was damn good. When I went to my old college and was studying Computer Science (oh gawd why did I do that >_

[quote name='IGN']While this is in no way direct confirmation that a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in the works, Kevin Feige, President of Production at Marvel Studios did give fans a ray of hope to cling to before an official announcement is made. When asked if a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is possible someday Feige said, "Yes. And maybe sooner than you think." http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/893/893910p1.html
[/QUOTE]

Please let this come to pass, please.

Too much dialogue! But the voice acting didn't sound too horribly bad.

Also, woo cammy! Hope she turns up in console SFIV

[quote name='asianxcore']Not helpful advice but.....

Playing any groove with the option roll in CVS2 and not knowing how to roll cancel is going to make things way difficult. Being good with K-Groove footsies is key to winning without learning how to roll cancel. Just keep working on your timing as everyone has different ways to roll cancel. I tend to do a "piano" style (left to right) roll cancel with RC Electric w/ Blanka, Vega and others.

Also in general, keeping the jumping to a minimum. You've played me and how often I jump (which I've cut down). That way you won't get punished by AA or A-Groove activation -----> corner rape.[/quote]I've been working on the footsies game, and I don't jump nearly as much as I used to. I learned something semi-important, though. You can't air-guard standing normal moves, like Terry's weird standing Roundhouse. It'll always hit someone trying to air-guard it, so that's a nice surprise, I suppose.

Getting better with Yun, as well. All I really need to do is stop involuntarily using his QCF+P move up close.

I'd be practicing on the PS2 version, but the copy I ordered from GameCrazy hasn't come in yet, despite the fact that I ordered it at least a month ago. This is the Bust-a-Groove 2 fiasco all over again. :roll:

[quote name='DomLando']The more I see videos of SFIV the more I want it.[/quote]
Same here. I really really want the soundtrack, though.

I'm not an MK fan, and the whole concept doesn't sound right, but I'm totally down for MK Vs DC.

W00t on the MvC3 tease. Plzplzplz yes!

And I'm still trying to decide what platform to get SFIV on. Do you have any insight into this that you can share now, MM?

Aw, rats. Thanks MM. I wish I could buy both, but I'm a scrub. >_<

I'm leaning PS3, unless there are some compelling differences with gameplay, DLC, or framerate, etc.

Hey MM... Are there any sticks that are significantly better than the HFS3 for around the same price?

Last edited by a moderator:
Around the same price, not that I can think of.

If you want a better stick, look for the Tekken 5 anniversary stick and get a REAL PS2/PS3 USB converter or if you can find one, a Pelican.

That's exactly what I was thinking, Depascal. Me and both of my brothers are comic book and fighting game nerds, so we will have some fun with it.

Anyone else picking up SC4 at Midnight? I'm gonna go over to WalMart to see if they're selling it tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up. Also, was the 7 GB install rumor true? If so, I might need to do some deleting off my PS3.

[quote name='MarkMan']It's like 2.8 or something for install. Takes about 20 or so minutes. REALLY helps.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Will probably play a few rounds before installing just because I'm impatient.

btw. ya'll fighter fans get ready.

big stuff is happening at Anime Expo next year.
my dream of legit tournaments at AX may come true =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back