Final Fantasy VII $19.99 from Sony DAPC

I would guess most would be sealed, but they are probably greatest hits versions sent back to their wherehouse.

Thanks, I ordered one. Its been a while sence I played through FF7....I hope its not too much of a eye sore now.

[quote name='Purkeynator']hmm its so crazy how this game got expensive. I have seen it everywhere for the last few years until this year.[/quote]

It doesn't make sense IMO.

I saw one at eb recently. But yeah, that was quite a big price increase. Maybe when people have been buying them the last couple of years, they kept 'em, and caused them to be more rare.

tempting to get one to sell to put towards something else...but...meh, that would require too much effort :p

heh, good thing ive kept my non greatest hits version mint all these years.
Kept it because it as a great game, not for it was worth anything.

I've seen quite a few requests for this game in the "Request a Video Game Deal" forum; this should make them all very happy.

YAY!, I finally came into some funds to buy some old psone rpgs that I missed out when I was a younger kid. But estarland didn't have a copy of it either used or new.

Thanks a bunch for this deal. Now if I can find a copy of Vagrant Stories and FFTactics I'd be set.

I got this game originnaly on day 1. Played through it and sold it for a good chunk of money. Then about a year ago I saw it at Meijer for $10 and bought it on a "what the hell" moment. Not sure why the game has boosted higher lately besides the movie is coming out next week. Still, there were like a billion of them sold in the past.

I had a sealed copy ($10 at Gamecrazy 2 years ago) but sold it for $70 in December . . . this will be a nice replacement copy.

Thanks OP!

I bought one at Gamestop for 29.99...used greatest hits. I played it for 4 hours and couldn't get into it.

I ebayed it for 31.00....so if you count tax I lost about 2.00. 19.99 is a good price for this...no doubt.

Haha FFVIII is $4 cheaper. Even Sony agrees with me and thinks it is a turd. :D

**Hides behind FFFanboy replant shield**

Is it safe?

Yah, that's kind of a fake looking site...weird. Very unprofessional, especially compared to the other Sony store, sonystyle.com.

I'm a hugh Final Fantasy fan and must agree with you on this one. To date, VIII is the only one of all Final Fantasy games that I haven't played through. I got bored half way through it and didn't like it very much.

[quote name='Kendal']Haha FFVIII is $4 cheaper. Even Sony agrees with me and thinks it is a turd. :D

**Hides behind FFFanboy replant shield**

Is it safe?[/QUOTE]

You guys are too paranoid. A site doesn't have to look great for it to be real.

It's obviously Sony's site. It's a subdomain of sony.com

I ordered one too for my friend, since he traded it in like a dope a while back. It was almost $30 with that nasty shipping and tax, but I guess it's worth it.

I wonder if I should keep the black version I have or just use the GH one. >_>

I'm not angry you guys didn't like FFVIII, but come on I liked it. I didn't like the battle system, but I enjoyed the storyline a lot! I can't believe you guys (and a lot of other people I've met) rip so much on it. If anything, I'd rip on FFIX, that one wasn't bad, but compared to VIII I thought it was junk.

[quote name='3QGojo']I'm not angry you guys didn't like FFVIII, but come on I liked it. I didn't like the battle system, but I enjoyed the storyline a lot! I can't believe you guys (and a lot of other people I've met) rip so much on it. If anything, I'd rip on FFIX, that one wasn't bad, but compared to VIII I thought it was junk.[/quote]

I think you live bizarro world. I liked IX a lot. I thought the story to VIII was bland and uniteresting. I still finished it though. Not a horrible game that is unplayable, but compared to the rest of the FF games I have played it was sub-par IMO. Admit it, we dissed your favorite game and you cried in mommy's arms. :D Kidding.

I never said it was my favorite, but I was just saying why does everyone think it is so bad? I didn't think it was that bad (besides the battle system). Maybe people should post what they didn't like about FFVIII. I won't get mad, because I like all of the FF games! And no instead of crying to my mom, I think I'll just fuck my gf tonight instead. :)

[quote name='Kendal']I think you live bizarro world. I liked IX a lot. I thought the story to VIII was bland and uniteresting. I still finished it though. Not a horrible game that is unplayable, but compared to the rest of the FF games I have played it was sub-par IMO. Admit it, we dissed your favorite game and you cried in mommy's arms. :D Kidding.[/QUOTE]

I too liked VIII but that may have been because of when i played and with whom I played it with. If I play it again now, I'm sure it'll lose a lot of it's lustre for me.

FFVII was one of my least favorite- but at this price it is worh another shot

FF X

FF Tactics were my all time favorites

When did this become worth so much? I still have my old non GH sitting in my room at home, untouched for the past 5 or 6 years.

I was always a tactics fan, but it appears you can pick that up on ebay for a few dollars (I still play tactics when I go home for school breaks because I only have my PS1)

And for anyone who says the story in VII sucks who wasn't close to tears at the end of disc 1 the first time you played it (if you read some spoiler and knew it was coming, it's your loss)

FF VIII wasn't bad, it was unremarkable. It couldn't hold my interest. It would be hard for me now to tell you why I actually didn't like it. As far as IX, it was very good but not hard to beat at all. Took me about 30 hours to beat it and I didn't even have to max out my characters. I liked it a lot but thought that it was too short.

I didn't like VII or VIII, and because of those two experiences never played IX, X, etc. I am equal-opportunity flame bait.

"Took me about 30 hours to beat it and I didn't even have to max out my characters"

I've never ever had to come close to maxing out a character in any FF game...usually I'm only halfway there.

The biggest problem with ffviii is definatly the combat system.The drawing is very boring and ultra repetitive.The core of the combat relay too much on summon.The skills,abilities and magic.You constantly have to watch the animation of the summon over and over again.It just just as annoying as watch ff7 knight of round.I have to watch that animation over 100 times to defeat ruby and emerald weapon.The card isn't that great either due to stupid rules if played in other countries.The only strong point in that game is the amazing graphics during that time period and pretty good story,not great but good.

[quote name='drsuper23'] Took me about 30 hours to beat it and I didn't even have to max out my characters. I liked it a lot but thought that it was too short.[/QUOTE]

Better than me I max all my char to lvl 100.When I fought the Ultima Weapon he cast lvl10 and all my char died instantly.I have to cheat and gameshark down all my chars by one level from lvl 100 to 99 to beat him.

Heh, I still have my copy of FFVII that I bought in 2000 (to replace the copy that I bought in 1998, which I played the hell out of). It's still in mint condition! :D

VIII was not bad at all IMO...the story was more intriguing than IX's. Ah well, I'm not here to argue though; so I'll just leave it at that.

I liked FF VIII alot better after I gave it a second chance and got used to the battle system.Triple Triad is the best FF card game IMO.The characters were all dopes and the story was a little bleh but it was enjoyable overall.

=( I wish I woulda done the same thing with mine. I got mine on release day... Probably the first in the store... but the case they gave me was cracked already... =( I was pretty sad... but the game was awesome as hell!

* Spoiler Alert *

Took me a while to figure out how to defeat Ultima and Ruby weapon. I realized that I needed to go in with only 1 live charachter to battle Ruby weapon then revive them in battle. And for Ultima Weapon it was, have the character with the Knights of the Round have Mime as well as revive all plus have them at a 7777 life bar for it to hit knights of the round about 50 times. Took me about a month to figure that out. That and trying to breed that damn gold chocobo took me forever.

[quote name='fatbeer']The biggest problem with ffviii is definatly the combat system.The drawing is very boring and ultra repetitive.The core of the combat relay too much on summon.The skills,abilities and magic.You constantly have to watch the animation of the summon over and over again.It just just as annoying as watch ff7 knight of round.I have to watch that animation over 100 times to defeat ruby and emerald weapon.The card isn't that great either due to stupid rules if played in other countries.The only strong point in that game is the amazing graphics during that time period and pretty good story,not great but good.

Better than me I max all my char to lvl 100.When I fought the Ultima Weapon he cast lvl10 and all my char died instantly.I have to cheat and gameshark down all my chars by one level from lvl 100 to 99 to beat him.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='3QGojo']I never said it was my favorite, but I was just saying why does everyone think it is so bad? I didn't think it was that bad (besides the battle system). Maybe people should post what they didn't like about FFVIII. I won't get mad, because I like all of the FF games! And no instead of crying to my mom, I think I'll just fuck my gf tonight instead. :)[/quote]

I actually liked the draw system and all that. I found the story dry and very forgetable. What I liked about FFIX was the world and the story. Yeah it was easy, short and over way too fast. But for those hours it took me to finish the game, I had a blast. The characters and setting reminded me of why I liked FF. FFVIII wasn't all bad, it had great graphics and I liked the trigger things(been a long time since I played it) where you pressed R1 or R2 ect., that was cool. The part that was on the demo from Parasite Eve was cool. But I guess everyone likes different things.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I still have a sealed original copy of FF7 from when it was first released. How much is it worth?[/QUOTE]

a couple hundred.

[quote name='happy']And for anyone who says the story in VII sucks who wasn't close to tears at the end of disc 1 the first time you played it (if you read some spoiler and knew it was coming, it's your loss)[/QUOTE]

I didn't read any spoilers, I didn't know it was coming, but I didn't even get choked up because I assumed the story would have a healer or a priest perform a miracle and make everything okay again. By the time I got to the end of the game, when I realized that miracle wasn't going to come, I had already come to accept the loss.

So that particular twist didn't affect me the way it so many other players.

I have not received any info yet on my order - no confirmation emails or anything. If I have time today I may give them a call. Has anyone called them to verify their order was received and is being processed?

my CC has not been charged, and my order status is still open, it says to allow 72 hours, but the lack of activity makes me think that this game is not actually in stock.

bread's done
Back