Final Fantasy XIII-2 with $20 credit from Amazon + mini guide

[quote name='htz']So don't need to worry for those that pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, I guess I should have read that before I fired off that e-mail about not getting the other $10... haha.

Wow! this is a good deal... but ill have to wait for the price drop for this.
I'll just buy the collectors edition guide today. hehe!

I preordered the CE and haven't received the Omega DLC yet. Am I the only one that didn't get it yet? I know it says 2 days after it ships but I'm being impatient.

No more Omega DLC? I guess I'll just stick with my CE from Best Buy. I would have double-dipped for the credit AND Omega DLC and just flipped the copy after the promo ceased. Oh well!

best buy if you preordered it comes with a limited edition artbook spanning both 13 and 13-2. it says extremely limited so heres to see if i get it in my preorder.

I decided to take a stab at inquiring about the Omega DLC for my order placed this morning just to see what random, asinine response I get.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']FFXIII-2 Collector's Edition... worst buy of 2012? :([/QUOTE]
It at least deserves a chance to not be the worst

[quote name='jr1016']I preordered the CE and haven't received the Omega DLC yet. Am I the only one that didn't get it yet? I know it says 2 days after it ships but I'm being impatient.[/QUOTE]
I haven't received the code yet either.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']well I regret getting the collectors edition now...[/QUOTE]
Cut to the chase:

Do you regret purchasing it PERIOD? I wast satisfied with the first, will the second redeem it?

[quote name='FadeToOne']I decided to take a stab at inquiring about the Omega DLC for my order placed this morning just to see what random, asinine response I get.[/QUOTE]

Oh how I love global resourcing. I ask about the Omega DLC, and they respond as if I was asking where my $20 credit was...

ugh I pre-ordered the game and got the additional code for $10 but now the original $10 isn't showing up on amazon, that rep I'm talking to says that the original doesn't work on games.

i received my Omega DLC this morning, package should arrive at my house in the next couple hours - for those of you questioning about the dlc

Why are people saying they ran out of Omega DLC? Do you mean it's just not available anymore because it was pre-order only, or do you mean they actually ran out? Because if it's the latter how do you run out of something that doesn't physically exist? Can't they just get another printout of more codes from Square-Enix or something?

Anyway it seems like a sneaky thing for Amazon to do, though I don't see how they gain anything for it. I liked the demo and would have considered pre-ordering last week, but with only a $10 coupon it wasn't enough. $20 would have persuaded me more, but now that Omega's not available I might as well just wait for a price drop. Is there any chance they'll come out with a GOTY version with all DLCs included?

[quote name='gauu']best buy if you preordered it comes with a limited edition artbook spanning both 13 and 13-2. it says extremely limited so heres to see if i get it in my preorder.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was at best buy earlier and I saw that. It looks like a cool item to have as I think it actually is exclusive to Best Buy and very few of the copies had it. If I could ever pick up a copy for $40 after a price match to Target's $20 GC I would pick it up and sell the game and keep the artbook as I'm pretty sure they are package individualy.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']I haven't received the code yet either.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I preoreded both a 360 and PS3 CE copy and got the Omega DLC code for both orders. I've already sold each for about $27 on eBay before fees and such.

[quote name='CatEyes']Why are people saying they ran out of Omega DLC? Do you mean it's just not available anymore because it was pre-order only, or do you mean they actually ran out? Because if it's the latter how do you run out of something that doesn't physically exist? Can't they just get another printout of more codes from Square-Enix or something?

Anyway it seems like a sneaky thing for Amazon to do, though I don't see how they gain anything for it. I liked the demo and would have considered pre-ordering last week, but with only a $10 coupon it wasn't enough. $20 would have persuaded me more, but now that Omega's not available I might as well just wait for a price drop. Is there any chance they'll come out with a GOTY version with all DLCs included?[/QUOTE]

It was preorder only. I would be shocked if they didn't have enough to cover preorders.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah I was at best buy earlier and I saw that. It looks like a cool item to have as I think it actually is exclusive to Best Buy and very few of the copies had it. If I could ever pick up a copy for $40 after a price match to Target's $20 GC I would pick it up and sell the game and keep the artbook as I'm pretty sure they are package individualy.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from Best Buy. The hardcover novella is packaged in a cardboard sleeve with the game. The game is shrinkwrapped itself so you could sell the game separately as new.

However, I do not know if the game has a bar code on it or not. I'm going to wait it out to see if this is limited before I decide to keep it or not. Maybe watch for an unpackaging video.

Note that there was only two at my store that the guy had on a cart. They didn't put any of the standard editions out yet as I got there right at opening. He also said that all of the CEs were at the front desk and implied they had no extras.

I have ordered games from Amazon after release date and have received the pre-order bonuses, but there is no guarantee that it would come with this.

If the DLC did come with this I would definitely pick it up for the DLC and Credit and flip the game like others on here, since I just got my Collector's Edition with the Best Buy novella in the mail.

Amazon is giving out $30 credit for the Xbox version at the moment. The extra $10 is probably a mistake so I would jump on it quick. You will see a $20 and $10 credit at checkout before u submit the payment.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Amazon is giving out $30 credit for the Xbox version at the moment. The extra $10 is probably a mistake so I would jump on it quick. You will see a $20 and $10 credit at checkout before u submit the payment.[/QUOTE]

>_> Well, fuck. Now I'm starting to regret the CE. $30 credit is amazing.

I jumped on the xbox 360 version. I already picked up my Best buy copy, but after reading how limited it is and only seeing 2 other copies there with the hardcover book. I think I will leave it all sealed and sell it.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Amazon is giving out $30 credit for the Xbox version at the moment. The extra $10 is probably a mistake so I would jump on it quick. You will see a $20 and $10 credit at checkout before u submit the payment.[/QUOTE]
I ordered one about 3 hours ago and it shipped out. No emails with credit or a guide yet.

[quote name='bob330i']Just got back from Best Buy. The hardcover novella is packaged in a cardboard sleeve with the game. The game is shrinkwrapped itself so you could sell the game separately as new.

However, I do not know if the game has a bar code on it or not. I'm going to wait it out to see if this is limited before I decide to keep it or not. Maybe watch for an unpackaging video.

Note that there was only two at my store that the guy had on a cart. They didn't put any of the standard editions out yet as I got there right at opening. He also said that all of the CEs were at the front desk and implied they had no extras.[/QUOTE]

The hardcover novella is really plain. The cover has "Light" in the front and 37 pages of plain text, seriously that's it. No artwork or pics at all. Slightly disappointed but it was free so no biggie.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']The hardcover novella is really plain. The cover has "Light" in the front and 37 pages of plain text, seriously that's it. No artwork or pics at all. Slightly disappointed but it was free so no biggie.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that's what made me preorder it from them. Between Amazon's standard edition with $10 credit/Omega boss battle and BB's CE with the novella + tax, I still went for BestBuy. But between Amazon's standard with $20 credit/Omega Boss battle/mini digi guide and BB's CE and unimpressive novella + tax, I feel I made the wrong choice. hmm...

Unfortunately, it's still the best choice for CE.

Awesome, got in on this. Took a screenshot just in case.

In for the X360 version with $30 credit

Wasnt planning on buying the game but for $30 its not bad at all

Talked with amazon earlier. Bought the game last night and didn`t notice any promo. Checked with them today and there was a $10 credit to my account. Told CSR that if I couldn`t get the extra 10 I would just cancel and reorder which is pointless since the item has not shipped. They gave me the extra 10 althought it was "against their security policy"

looks like it worked. In my order email, it says this:

"Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.
Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete."

I wanted the PS3 version but jumped on the 360 version with the $30 credit. Was gonna wait on this game, but I already had almost $20 in amazon credit, and for $30 credit back on the purchase I couldn't turn it down.

FYI My order confirmation email also lists BOTH the $10 and the $20 credits so even though I took a screen cap it shouldn't be necessary

Looks like they stopped the $30 because all I see is $20 credit, even when looking at the 360 version.

Oh well, I really want to play it on Friday since i'll be home all day and Amazon shipping would take like a week, so I'll just pick it up from the store

with all these credit going on... seems like the price of the game will be down from 59.99 to what 29.99-39.99 in a matter of not months but only weeks. hehe!

The $10 and $20 credit on the 360 version show up at the checkout page. It doesn't show on the product page. And the $10 + $20 credits are both promised in your 360 version order confirmation email so you can fight em even if it is an error

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']The $10 and $20 credit on the 360 version show up at the checkout page. It doesn't show on the product page. And the $10 + $20 credits are both promised in your 360 version order confirmation email so you can fight em even if it is an error[/QUOTE]

Amazon has been pretty good in the past in honoring mistakes like this. The ones they seem to not honor are the ones where there is a ridiculous mistake made. I do bet that they'll fix this issue soon.

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']The $10 and $20 credit on the 360 version show up at the checkout page. It doesn't show on the product page. And the $10 + $20 credits are both promised in your 360 version order confirmation email so you can fight em even if it is an error[/QUOTE]
It also shows on the product page, just pick the X360 version and scroll down to "Special Offers and Product Promotions" to see the $20+$10 offers

On the checkout page it'll also show both offers and on your confirmation email it'll also show both offers

Wish they would have offered this BEFORE release. Don't wait to wait the week and a half it usually takes for Super Saver shipping so I guess I'll pick it up at Target.

[quote name='henhowc']Has anyone tried to ping Amazon CSR to try and get the extra $10 applied to the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

I just called to confirm the difference in promotions between the two sku's, and the customer service rep. said they have no plans to offer the same promo for the PS3 version. Bummer.

Guess I'll just wait for the price to plummet like XIII's did.

[quote name='AwRy108']I just called to confirm the difference in promotions between the two sku's, and the customer service rep. said they have no plans to offer the same promo for the PS3 version. Bummer.

Guess I'll just wait for the price to plummet like XIII's did.[/QUOTE]

So the $30 is legit and not a mistake? I really want the PS3 version but I may bite and just trade someone for the ps3 version.

[quote name='mikespit1']Nevermind looks like the $30 promo is gone from checkout.[/QUOTE]

You can probably thank the guy that called CSR about it.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']FFXIII-2 Collector's Edition... worst buy of 2012? :([/QUOTE]

It came with a killer 4 disc soundtrack.

To me, best collector's edition of ever so far. No crap, an awesome soundtrack. This is a first. Better than some shit statue or DLC.

bread's done
Back