Final Fantasy XIII-2 with $20 credit from Amazon + mini guide

[quote name='FadeToOne']You can probably thank the guy that called CSR about it.[/QUOTE]

Nah. They probably had a quota they wanted to reach. No need to keep offering it after they hit it.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Just got an additional $10 credit e-mail from Amazon. I didn't contact them or anything, so it looks like they are retroactively giving $10 credit to pre-orders as well. Pretty good deal getting Omega and the $20 credit!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Yeah, I emailed Customer Service, and they said I'd be getting the extra $10 along with the Omega DLC code. I already got one $10 credit notification email. Works for me.

[quote name='FadeToOne']You can probably thank the guy that called CSR about it.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was a legit promo. Maybe Micro$oft asked Amazon to apply it--they probably owe Square-Enix some extra sales after begging them to bend over backwards making 360 exclusives for their console in Japan.

yay! I got $30 off my original order. Got the original $10 credit, a $10 CSR credit, and they just sent me another $10 credit. Plus I got the $3 off by ordering it with the guide and the guide was a goldbox deal (about 80 cents off) and the guide dropped in price by a dollar and gave me about another dollar back. PLUS I paid for this with credit anyways. So: Total Price = $41.18 for the Game, Guide, Mini-guide, and Omega DLC.

[quote name='Xiemos'][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Just got an additional $10 credit e-mail from Amazon. I didn't contact them or anything, so it looks like they are retroactively giving $10 credit to pre-orders as well. Pretty good deal getting Omega and the $20 credit!
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Well, I'll give them a bit of time but nothing for me yet. It seems I usually have to contact them about the original credits I was supposed to get (let alone any additional one added afterwards which they usually deny), although this time I did get the $10 one and the preorder bonus code automatically so hooray for something going right for once ;).

Edit: Fired off an email just in case. And Amazon CS swings and misses! They said I should expect my $10 credit and Omega Boss Battle code within 2 business days. Yeah, OK, they clearly didn't read what I wrote. I said I got those but was wondering about the additional $10 since there's a $20 credit now :roll:.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='exaznkid']wait so now the xbox version gets a $30 credit indefinitely?[/QUOTE]
Looks like they fixed the mistake -- now the X360 version is also $20

Does anyone know if the sku's differ between best buy, Target, and Amazon?

My Best Buy has a few left that come with the book. If the sku is the same on that as the standard edition from Amazon or Target I'd like to buy one with the book from best and then return one I ordered from either Target or Amazon back to Best Buy. I Just want to make sure the skus are the same.

Thanks

Awesome, ordered 1. Even though I'm having a rental copy coming from Gamefly. Been wanting this and with the $20 promo credit, it makes it cheaper than if I were to use the Buy-It-Now option via Gamefly.

So after 4 attempts to get a logical response, a CSR rep actually told me "I could confirm that you will be receiving the $20 credit and Omega Boss Battle Pre-order code, for your purchase of Final Fantasy XIII-2 from order# [redacted] as advertised." even though I ordered this morning. They also said they would email me back in 2 days to confirm I received it.

So I guess that's cool.

[quote name='GBAstar']Does anyone know if the sku's differ between best buy, Target, and Amazon?

My Best Buy has a few left that come with the book. If the sku is the same on that as the standard edition from Amazon or Target I'd like to buy one with the book from best and then return one I ordered from either Target or Amazon back to Best Buy. I Just want to make sure the skus are the same.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
I just came back from best buy, and it does not look like you can get the hardcover book and return the game itself. It is factory sealed to a slipcover similar to the uncharted dual pack with both the book and game inside. The game inside is not separately factory sealed from what I can tell similar to the uncharted dual pack. It might also have a not for resale label on the game cause the slipcover has the actual UPC.

[quote name='htz']I just came back from best buy, and it does not look like you can get the hardcover book and return the game itself. It is factory sealed to a slipcover similar to the uncharted dual pack with both the book and game inside. The game inside is not separately factory sealed from what I can tell similar to the uncharted dual pack. It might also have a not for resale label on the game cause the slipcover has the actual UPC.[/QUOTE]

Okay thank you. I would have to assume though that the sku in BB"s system is the same for both. So I guess my best bet would be to buy it and keep it sealed and hope that within my 45 day return window the price drops and then try and get it PM'd

[quote name='FadeToOne']So after 4 attempts to get a logical response, a CSR rep actually told me "I could confirm that you will be receiving the $20 credit and Omega Boss Battle Pre-order code, for your purchase of Final Fantasy XIII-2 from order# [redacted] as advertised." even though I ordered this morning. They also said they would email me back in 2 days to confirm I received it.

So I guess that's cool.[/QUOTE]

I had recieved the $10 code and I emailed CS and they sent me a second $10 code within an hour.

Just bought it. The $20 credit was immediately applied to my order. I though you had to pay $60 and then you got a code for $20 off a future purchase, but I'm not complaining. I actually like Final Fantasy XIII, so this should be a solid buy for $40. Thanks OP

[quote name='Hiei69']Just bought it. The $20 credit was immediately applied to my order. I though you had to pay $60 and then you got a code for $20 off a future purchase, but I'm not complaining. I actually like Final Fantasy XIII, so this should be a solid buy for $40. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

You sure you didn't have another credit hanging around? They don't usually do an auto credit.

I never received an email for a promotional code. I just tried adding another game to my cart to see if a discount would be given, but nothing.

[quote name='Hiei69']I never received an email for a promotional code. I just tried adding another game to my cart to see if a discount would be given, but nothing.[/QUOTE]

Be patient. It may sometimes take a couple days for them to e-mail promotion codes. I don't believe that this particular deal is the same as past deals where credit is added to your account. They actually send you codes that you need to input during a future purchase to redeem.

[quote name='htz']I just came back from best buy, and it does not look like you can get the hardcover book and return the game itself. It is factory sealed to a slipcover similar to the uncharted dual pack with both the book and game inside. The game inside is not separately factory sealed from what I can tell similar to the uncharted dual pack. It might also have a not for resale label on the game cause the slipcover has the actual UPC.[/QUOTE]

While that is true in terms of the normal game, I just figured I'd add to this. The CE is different. It is bundled together, but the CE game is identical to the ones without the book. Basically the book is shrink wrapped to a sealed CE copy of the game.

I also matched up the bar code they scanned to the one on the back of the CE. The CE bundle had this cardboard scan print out of the back of the CE, so it is literally identical. I also looked at my receipt and it just says it's the normal FF13-2 CE, no bonuses listed at all.

Granted I know this thread is about the base game, but figured I would put that info out there.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']While that is true in terms of the normal game, I just figured I'd add to this. The CE is different. It is bundled together, but the CE game is identical to the ones without the book. Basically the book is shrink wrapped to a sealed CE copy of the game.

I also matched up the bar code they scanned to the one on the back of the CE. The CE bundle had this cardboard scan print out of the back of the CE, so it is literally identical. I also looked at my receipt and it just says it's the normal FF13-2 CE, no bonuses listed at all.

Granted I know this thread is about the base game, but figured I would put that info out there.[/QUOTE]
I didn't see the CE version in my store, might had sold out before I got there. Only saw the standard version with book in slipcover all placed inside this cardboard stand advertising the game. So I guess people can grab the book and return the CE version. Not going to try myself since the book is not really worth it unless your a collector.

[quote name='AwRy108']Nope, it was a legit promo. Maybe Micro$oft asked Amazon to apply it--they probably owe Square-Enix some extra sales after begging them to bend over backwards making 360 exclusives for their console in Japan.[/QUOTE]

bitter ps3 fanboy much?

[quote name='media_wonder']bitter ps3 fanboy much?[/QUOTE]

Nope, just speculating b/c it's odd that the PS3 version didn't get the same offer, especially considering Amazon is just the middle man.

[quote name='AwRy108']Nope, just speculating b/c it's odd that the PS3 version didn't get the same offer, especially considering Amazon is just the middle man.[/QUOTE]

I want to say it wasn't done on purpose. The graphic showed $20 credit. They probably just messed up when they updated the listing from $10 credit to $20 credit today. And the "deal" was wasn't there for very long. It most likely got corrected after people starting contacting customer service.

[quote name='htz']I didn't see the CE version in my store, might had sold out before I got there. Only saw the standard version with book in slipcover all placed inside this cardboard stand advertising the game. So I guess people can grab the book and return the CE version. Not going to try myself since the book is not really worth it unless your a collector.[/QUOTE]

My store had no CE on the floor either. But I pre-ordered mine and he had to get it from the back. I personally am a big FF fan so I pre-ordered it for the book and am selling the game to a friend who is paying me $10 less then what I paid and since I paid with credit it works for me. Plus I ordered the game for $54 due to discounts and I was able to get amazon to give me the $20 they gave the regular edition. So for $34 of amazon credit and $10 of BB credit I was able to get the CE game and the book plus the DLC.

I admit the book is rather basic, but it's nice for those of us who enjoy Final Fantasy.

BestBuy screwed up my preorder of the CE and I'm taking a mandatory day off tomorrow from work, but I don't have the game.

They offered me $20 credit if I buy the standard edition, but I just don't have much use for credit at BB. Amazon credit is a different story. I think I'm going to go back tomorrow and buy the game with the credit, return it and buy it again with the credit.

OMG!! i figured id call once just to see if they would. i got the sweetest lady in the world i think. she applied the 20$ gaming credit to my account for the ps3 collectors. i havent contacted amazon in a long time in reference to credits or anything so i was like why not lets try my luck.

woohoo! Just got an email for a $20 credit and a $10 credit for the standard 360 version.
Wish they would do the same for SCV.

I entered the codes but where can I view the total amount? I kind of wish this just got lumped in with Amazon gift card Credit. Not sure how these all play together...

I just want to point out that if you bought the 360 version when it was listed with the $10 credit and the $20 credit you should get both but in seperate e-mails; that's how it worked for me. They came about fifteen minutes apart.

Also if you haven't bought games with credit through Amazon lately PLEASE pay attention:

The credit does NOT automatically get attached to your account anymore. It hasn't for the last few months. You have to manually enter the code from the e-mail when you check out.

[quote name='topplehat']I entered the codes but where can I view the total amount? I kind of wish this just got lumped in with Amazon gift card Credit. Not sure how these all play together...[/QUOTE]

Check the total here, on the right side it says Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance, click that:

http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Digital...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1344899442&pf_rd_i=163856011#

It breaks it down department by department, but let's say it says $20 for everything but MP3 and $25 for MP3. What that means is you have a $20 general credit and $5 MP3. Now $20 for each and $25 for MP3.

Also, the reason it isn't gift card credit is because gift cards work with 3rd party sellers, credit doesn't. To me that makes perfect sense due to the fact that amazon is giving the credit and it's unfair to make 3rd parties give the discount. Gift cards are bought 1:1 with cash, credit is something amazon takes upon itself to offer.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Check the total here, on the right side it says Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance, click that:

http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Digital...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1344899442&pf_rd_i=163856011#

It breaks it down department by department, but let's say it says $20 for everything but MP3 and $25 for MP3. What that means is you have a $20 general credit and $5 MP3. Now $20 for each and $25 for MP3.

Also, the reason it isn't gift card credit is because gift cards work with 3rd party sellers, credit doesn't. To me that makes perfect sense due to the fact that amazon is giving the credit and it's unfair to make 3rd parties give the discount. Gift cards are bought 1:1 with cash, credit is something amazon takes upon itself to offer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up. It doesn't seem like my credit is showing up yet though, even though it accepted the codes. Is anyone else seeing the credit show up on their account after entering the codes?

EDIT: It shows up during checkout, but only on items sold through Amazon (not even Warehouse)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine shipped yesterday (should be here tomorrow) -- got the $10+$20 promo codes in my email today

Mine shipped last night and will be here today. Just got the $10 and $20 promo codes now. 2 emails sent at the same time, woo.

i no this may not be the place for it but does any one know if the FFXIII-2 CE will be a limited run or is it one of those mass produced ones

No clue... even SE store is not selling collector. I am debating should I return my gamestop copy once my cheap cheap amazon copy come in.

I got my 2 credits today for the 360 version as well. Now to just determine if I care enough about the "bonuses" to try swapping the 360 version for the PS3 version since my PS3 is the console I beat the original on. Are the benefits supposed to be that great? If not I dunno if I'd like hasseling with like a Target or Walmart while trying to exchange 360 for PS3 version

[quote name='IzzyF3']BestBuy screwed up my preorder of the CE and I'm taking a mandatory day off tomorrow from work, but I don't have the game.

They offered me $20 credit if I buy the standard edition, but I just don't have much use for credit at BB. Amazon credit is a different story. I think I'm going to go back tomorrow and buy the game with the credit, return it and buy it again with the credit.[/QUOTE]

I preordered the CE for PS3 at Bestbuy, went yesterday to pick it up, was told that it hasn't arrive, went back today, and was told the same thing :whistle2:(

[quote name='CAG90210']I preordered the CE for PS3 at Bestbuy, went yesterday to pick it up, was told that it hasn't arrive, went back today, and was told the same thing :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I preordered from BB and regret it.

When I went to pick it up, I notice that the copy I got had small dents in the corner so I asked the sales to grab me another one (yes I asked nicely). He replied by asking me "would that effect the quality of the game disc?" Something snapped in me when I heard that and I pointed out that it's a CE I'm paying extra for so he mumbles and grabbed another copy from a box at the back but that one shared a similar dent...so I just left with a dented copy...

Thinking about returning this copy and buying from Amazon, but I really wanted the novella bonus sigh

When you buy something from amazon, you can input the code at the checkout (right before you finalize ur order) and it will deduct $20 or however much ur promotional code was.

Has anyone NOT received all their credit yet?

I had it preordered and got the 10 credit in the email but they never sent me the second email people have been talking about.

They are bumping it up to $20 if I preordered right?

[quote name='Brian22']Has anyone NOT received all their credit yet?

I had it preordered and got the 10 credit in the email but they never sent me the second email people have been talking about.

They are bumping it up to $20 if I preordered right?[/QUOTE]

I didn't preorder, I ordered yesterday, but I already got both my 10 and 20 dollar codes.

[quote name='Brian22']Has anyone NOT received all their credit yet?

They are bumping it up to $20 if I preordered right?[/QUOTE]
I originally thought I only had the one email, but I looked closer and they actually included the other $10 code with the Omega code email. I'd double check all of your amazon emails to be sure.

like i said if you ordered from amazon try your luck with the credit for the collectors. just be polite is all. i basically just called up said i preordered ff13 2 for the ps3 and got my dlc code and mini guide download but havent received the promo code yet for the 20$. lady sent me the code right away. its worth a shot to try.

bread's done
Back