Final Fantasy XIII Deals Roundup

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
* Tax * Tax is applied on $59.99

Best Buy
If today with Reward Zone membership(FREE) - $59.99+500 Bonus point ($10 Reward) + 60 Reward points

Final Value - $49.99 + 60 reward points + Tax

If March 12th-March 13, you may be also able to use the 10% coupon they mailed.

Final Value - $43.99 + 54 or 60 reward points + Tax

Target

$59.99 + [10% (Redcard(Target Credit Card)/Employee)] + $10 Gift Card

Final Value -$49.99 + Tax Or
$43.99 +Tax

Toys R Us

$59.99 + $13 Gift Card + Tax

Final Value + $46.99 + Tax

GameStop

Final Value $59.99 + Tax (Unless Midnight give away Free stuff it's the WORST deal!)

Amazon

$59.99 + $10 Credit to only games + No Tax (Many states)

Final Value $49.99

(These are NOT verified by myself, but says the others)
TRU online

Use coupon 935009 for 10$ off 50$ to make it 49.99 + tax since it has free shipping.

Frys
$52.99 + Tax

Ultimate Electronics B&M

$49.99 + Tax

Any others I missed?

Last edited by a moderator:
The real question at Best Buy is, do you wait to use the 10% off and risk them either not having it or not having the guide (Worth it with the $10 off)?

Um he MAY be thinking it's 150 Gamerzone points which means 500 regular RZ points, sadly that is not the case. I have never seen them give away 500 normal points.

[quote name='rperez1025']Where are you getting the 500 bonus points for Best Buy?[/QUOTE]
I received a text message about the 500 points, its legit

Gamestops giving nothing, but that's on SE, not gamestop. Have you guys seen the UK preorder bonus at EB? It's a 2010 calendar. I could use that at work. What the hell is up with NA getting the shaft this time around??

[quote name='caltab']you missed toys r us, which is better than those except maybe amazon- 13$ gc[/QUOTE]

Well, not when at Target/Best Buy there is a potential 10% as well.

Man, I love how peoples math is just wrong
Bestbuy does not give you $10 immediately, so you are still paying $59.99 out of pocket and eventually get $10 to spend on something else at the chain, not $10 cash in your pocket. "Final Value - $49.99 + 60 reward points + Tax"

[quote name='Arakias']Man, I love how peoples math is just wrong
Bestbuy does not give you $10 immediately, so you are still paying $59.99 out of pocket and eventually get $10 to spend on something else at the chain, not $10 cash in your pocket. "Final Value - $49.99 + 60 reward points + Tax"[/QUOTE]

I know that, but to me as long as you get it, it doesn't matter WHEN it's still calculated into the Final value. :)

None of these are immediate. Gift Cards/Game Credit, whatever it's all pretty much Depends when you use it Next.

For all of you saying Amazon is the Best deal, it's the SAME thing, you DON'T get the $10 Game credit right away to use either. You have to buy another game to use that.

I know it's a little of topic, but has anyone here bought the Limited edition? For how much? Thanks

(sorry, op. Thanks for the post, though. Im looking for where to buy)

Bestbuy does not give you $10 immediately, so you are still paying $59.99 out of pocket and eventually get $10 to spend on something else at the chain, not $10 cash in your pocket. "Final Value - $49.99 + 60 reward points + Tax"[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that only work if you're part of their Gamer's Club, and doesn't that club cost $$?

Just buy it on eBay using Bing and getting eBay bucks. Good chance you can find a good deal there, and there are also plenty of faceplates floating around from people who got/are getting the 360 bundle.

Plus you can get an extra point for your feedback score (I'd value that at 50 cents or so, haha).

I agree, it's a future savings and shouldn't be calculated as an immediate deduction. Plus you're being taxed on the higher amount rather than $49.99.

[quote name='Wario64']I agree, it's a future savings and shouldn't be calculated as an immediate deduction. Plus you're being taxed on the higher amount rather than $49.99.[/QUOTE]

*SIGH* Depends on who you ask.

To me, future savings is the same thing. It's a deal regardless WHEN you get the saving.

And the Tax thing is the first thing I posted in Italics, if you even read.

I agree. Along the same line, it is a pet peeve of mine that I constantly notice people counting their promotional credits twice. I am not saying anyone did that now but you'll often see people deduct it from the original purchase AND what they later use it on. First, it is: I got BF: Bad Company 2 for $39.99 because Amazon offered a $20 credit with purchase! Then the next day, you'll read: sweet, Mass Effect 2 for only $19.99 after I used my $20 BF: Bad Company 2 credit!

I guess the psychological fact that many people end up counting these credits/gift cards twice is why they are such an effective promotion (besides just forcing people to shop at the same store again).

[quote name='SuperJedi']*SIGH* Depends on who you ask.

To me, future savings is the same thing. It's a deal regardless WHEN you get the saving.

And the Tax thing is the first thing I posted in Italics, if you even read.[/QUOTE]

hahah, better bone up on your math then young padawan.
it doesnt depend on who you ask. what I posted is fact. its not a rebate, its not bing cash back, its best buy points that eventually turn into credit at the store.

[quote name='Arakias']hahah, better bone up on your math then young padawan.
it doesnt depend on who you ask. what I posted is fact. its not a rebate, its not bing cash back, its best buy points that eventually turn into credit at the store.[/QUOTE]

OK I am done with this thread :roll:

Lord have Mercy!!! :whistle2:|

Close thread if you want, Mods!

FYI, Math is the ONLY Subject I keep getting A++/Awards in school, so if you want to judge someone's Math is poor just because they think it doesn't matter when you get the savings, it's a bit TOO ignorant on YOUR part! Maybe YOUR Math sucks, huh?

[quote name='SuperJedi']FYI, Math is the ONLY Subject I keep getting A++/Awards in school[/QUOTE]

What is an A++? Is that like gold stars they give in elementary school to make kids feel privileged even if they suck?

"Its ok that you are failing English, Johnny! You're special and unique and you failing is the way you are meant to be!!!"

It means on almost every math test (NOT every, but almost), I get perfect 100 on it thruout the school years.

Math is my #1/Favorite subject, and I am better at it, than Majority of people out there!

Not mean to brag, but you guys brought this on, *sigh*

And, now I am past College, childrens. :whistle2:|

[quote name='bassec']What is an A++? Is that like gold stars they give in elementary school to make kids feel privileged even if they suck?

"Its ok that you are failing English, Johnny! You're special and unique and you failing is the way you are meant to be!!!"[/QUOTE]

Well, while critical of the math in the OP, lets be a little nice about his education.
[This post shall absolve me of all comments hereafter, though I hope to enjoy what comes.]

None of this has anything to do with math in the first place, it's perception. I view 10 credit on video games at amazon to be price off the game, as a simple way to calculate it. Others might see it as price off the next game or a free points card or something down the road. If you don't like the OP's thread, make your own with your own way of writing down the same thing but in a different order if you like.

It's not like he ISN'T listing what the deals include. If you can read, you know that 49.99 actually means 59.99 plus the credit.

[quote name='SuperJedi']*SIGH* Depends on who you ask.

And the Tax thing is the first thing I posted in Italics, if you even read.[/QUOTE]

If you want to get technical, future value of money is less when you converted it into present value, depending on the interest/discount rate.

[quote name='Vortextk']None of this has anything to do with math in the first place, it's perception.[/QUOTE]

WOW, someone with common sense!!! THANK YOU!!! :applause::applause::applause:

You missed TRU online use coupon 935009 for 10$ off 50$ to make it 49.99 + tax since it has free shipping. Also missed Frys B&M for 52.99 and Ultimate Electronics B&M for 49.99

[quote name='sattlerjm']You missed TRU online use coupon 935009 for 10$ off 50$ to make it 49.99 + tax since it has free shipping. Also missed Frys B&M for 52.99 and Ultimate Electronics B&M for 49.99[/QUOTE]

Also, you missed me jumping lil 12 year olds and grabbing their copies for $0.00, because they shouldn't be out past midnight on a school night.

[quote name='skytreader']Oh cool just signed up. So if I pick up my game at BB in 2 hrs, I'll get the 500 RZ points credit, right? :)[/QUOTE]

If the ads says it will, it must be true!
:)

Also many of us have massive amounts of GS credit that isn't taxed.

That's why I reserved it there, not sure if I'm going to pick it up yet or wait. That's a preorder I've moved from like 3 other games, lol.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']So I heard there was no line for FFXIII and nothing was given out. (Gamestop)[/QUOTE]

Duuuude, we got this sweet-ass Final Fantasy XIII pamphlet! Pre-order only! Its like a guide, but not really. :whee:

On a more serious note, event was lame. Started at 12:00, ended at 12:09. We got ice cream next door though.

[quote name='SuperJedi']If the ads says it will, it must be true!
:)[/QUOTE]

OK just wanted to make sure I wouldnt be caught up in any mumbo jimbo about requiring X days before it becomes valid :p

[quote name='Gaming Dude']Also, you missed me jumping lil 12 year olds and grabbing their copies for $0.00, because they shouldn't be out past midnight on a school night.[/QUOTE]

Not to derail, but did I miss something?

Can someone elaborate on the BB 10% off coupon. Is this something that has already been mailed (because I have yet to receive it despite being a RZ member), or will it be scannable/printable? Thanks.

TRU also has a B1G1 $20 off going on at the same time, so you can use that towards FFXIII or some other game if you're so inclined (which I am).

Thanks OP. Guess I'll stick to my plan of Best Buy. Getting 560 RZ points plus 60 Gamer Points (almost another 250 points) seems good. Not sure if I'll pick up the guide for 24.99 though.

Funny thing is, ALL these stores do the $10 things, it's like that's planned.

Not sure how long we will wait for it to drop below $39.99...

SE messed up with not offering CE/Preorder/Buy Bonuses with this game!

[quote name='SuperJedi']SE messed up with not offering CE/Preorder/Buy Bonuses with this game![/QUOTE]

I really don't understand it either. Did they think they wouldn't make money on the extras? Not enough would sell? Either of the console manufacturers being asses about how a CE would work? I don't know.

I'm sure plenty of people are making their own CE though; faceplate, OST(regular), game(ps3) and LE guide for me. A box with some nice artwork and another bonus would sure be nice though. Is it better to make money off of these 20-30$ items rather than a CE that's only marginally more expensive than the game? Hm.

If this is for the guides too you might want to see if any of the online sites still have the CE guide in stock or link to the standard version if they're under $20.

Also if you buy the game and CE guide at Best Buy you get the CE guide for $25 ($10 off.) Gamestop will give you 10% off either guide if you buy it with the game (either a $2 or $3.50 savings.)

[quote name='SuperJedi']I know that, but to me as long as you get it, it doesn't matter WHEN it's still calculated into the Final value. :)

None of these are immediate. Gift Cards/Game Credit, whatever it's all pretty much Depends when you use it Next.

For all of you saying Amazon is the Best deal, it's the SAME thing, you DON'T get the $10 Game credit right away to use either. You have to buy another game to use that.[/QUOTE]

The only good deals are the last ones - Toys R Us Online and Ultimate Electronics.

Who wants to be stuck with a gift card?

the boyfriend couldn't wait till morning to get it from bestbuy so i didn't get my 500 points... but i pitched a fit at The Evil Empire (walmart :cry: - i know). and ended up getting it price matched for 49.99 since they wouldn't honor the gift card.

God i love being a bitch to underpaid, retail managers. to recap:

$49.99 @ walmart, at midnight cus i rocked my inner belligerent black man!! yaaay.

[quote name='Vortextk']I really don't understand it either. Did they think they wouldn't make money on the extras? Not enough would sell? Either of the console manufacturers being asses about how a CE would work? I don't know.

I'm sure plenty of people are making their own CE though; faceplate, OST(regular), game(ps3) and LE guide for me. A box with some nice artwork and another bonus would sure be nice though. Is it better to make money off of these 20-30$ items rather than a CE that's only marginally more expensive than the game? Hm.[/QUOTE]

This part made NO sense to me either. Judging from the many posts on CAG wishing for a CE, this would be the ONE game where a CE is justified and people would actually shell out money for it, but no. Instead, crap games get CEs and FFXIII doesn't.

bread's done
Back