Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BIG5']The bigger hard drive is nice, but there's really nothing special about the 360 bundle. Apparently there's a Lightning faceplate you can get for ordering from square-enix.com, but without that, it's just a white Xbox and the game, and I'd rather have it for PS3 anyway.[/QUOTE]

The hard drive has the Final Fantasy XIII logo on it.

The logo on the HDD, the HDD itself, the faceplate, the avatar stuff....hell, even the fancy FF artwork on the box. I think the kool aid is too tempting...must drink....must spend money on a system I already own.....can't resist.

I think it's probably one of the lamest bundles I've ever seen. Even Resident Evil 5 and MW2 got special looking consoles. What's FFXIII get? Oh, yeah a cool faceplate, oh and your xbox is still ugly white. Not even worth it in my mind. Besides who wants the game for 360 anyways? :p jkjk

Really disappointed that there isn't going to be a LE for this one... would have liked a steelbook. I'm actually kinda surprised, as this is a title that I easily would have paid an extra $20 to get a LE version, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I preordered the euopean LE...disappointed that there isn't one in NA[/QUOTE]

From where, and how much?

Noob amazon question here. You guys are saying this is showing up in your gold box. Could you explain and tell me where I can go to view the gold box? Like I see the overall gold box deals, but the way you all have said in your gold box, do you get a personal one or something?

[quote name='Metalic']If i cancel my Guide order do you think it would show up in my goldbox?[/QUOTE]

It might. I also had it show up in mine yesterday but I'm hesitant to buy it. I just can't pay $16 for a guide ;).

I've very surprised there's no LE for this game. It seems like easy money for SE. An odd choice to be sure.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I preordered it at HMV. 64.50 British Pounds. They won't charge me until it ships do I don't know how much in dollars it is.[/QUOTE]
That would be about $101 USD

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I preordered it at HMV. 64.50 British Pounds. They won't charge me until it ships do I don't know how much in dollars it is.[/QUOTE]
That can't be right. That means the overseas shipping is just 4.50GBP, which is just too good to be true.

[quote name='earvcunanan']For those who want the Limited Edition of the game (Europe exclusive), your best bet is to pay a premium to those eBay sellers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're probably right

Seeing as Amazon.uk wont ship to me, and HMV's 100+ price, i think i'll have to ebay it.

[quote name='bigsick']Yeah, you're probably right

Seeing as Amazon.uk wont ship to me, and HMV's 100+ price, i think i'll have to ebay it.[/QUOTE]

I'm giving it one more week. If Square doesn't announce a US one this week, I'll have to make a decision. Either get the normal edition and maybe the LE guide as some sort of compensation, or shell out some serious money to an ebayer or any decent import deal I happen across.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'm waiting for some announcement, as well. It seems odd that they'd do it on a Saturday or Sunday. Even odder that they announce a special edition 3 weeks before release (IF a CE/LE is announced). Actually, I don't even know where this rumor of an annoucement for this weekend came from. [/QUOTE]

Well, mostly because Square-Enix said they'd do something special on the 13th of every month leading up to FFXIII's release. Or, that's what I've been hearing on this forum anyway. On Jan 13th, they released the International Trailer so since Feb 13th was the last 13th before FFXIII's release, most people were thinking they'd do a CE/LE announcement for the US. It doesn't make any sense for them NOT to have one, since the crappiest games these days get "Limited" Editions. On the other hand, FFXIII, one of the biggest games ever and one that people are actually willing to shell out extra money for a CE, doesn't get one.

[quote name='bluem00se']I'm giving it one more week. If Square doesn't announce a US one this week, I'll have to make a decision. Either get the normal edition and maybe the LE guide as some sort of compensation, or shell out some serious money to an ebayer or any decent import deal I happen across.[/QUOTE]

There's no way a CE is going to happen at this point. It's three weeks away (22 days) from release and just days away from having to start replication. I suspect it has to do with the fact that the collector's edition of 12 took years to sell out and only after Gamestop slashed the price in half.

I just used the Amazon Prime trial and got the CE guide. I'm just going to use my 10$ TRU GC, and buy it there. IF there is a CE then I'll be buying that.

[quote name='eddie291']That can't be right. That means the overseas shipping is just 4.50GBP, which is just too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

HMV UK always charges 4.50 GBP to ship to the US. I have ordered dozens of games from them over the past two years and it's the same shipping charge each time. They also ship in cardboard boxes which are admittedly thin, but better than the bubble packs every other UK retailer seems to use for international shipping.

[quote name='earvcunanan']For those who want the Limited Edition of the game (Europe exclusive), your best bet is to pay a premium to those eBay sellers.[/QUOTE]

I thought about doing ebay, then decided against it. The prices are about another $20-30 bucks. Some people are even trying to sell the LE for $250 :hot:

Well if Square isn't giving the US a LE I'll just have to improvise.

Anyone know if the LE Soundtrack is Japan only? Or will something most likely be released in the states as well?

I've found most of the music online and it's one of the most brilliant soundtracks I've ever heard.

There's a soundtrack on the SE site, that is 30$... Tempted to get that too. I always love FF music. I used to sleep to the oldd-school FFV (i think )

[quote name='Mako1215']There's a soundtrack on the SE site, that is 30$... Tempted to get that too. I always love FF music. I used to sleep to the oldd-school FFV (i think )[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that set looks good. I am very tempted also. But I am also tempted to get the limited edition of the soundtrack... arg

$30 is a great price tho.

[quote name='Mako1215']^^^ It is for 4 discs and a straight import it is.[/QUOTE]

I actually just purchased the limited edition first press of the soundtrack... kind of hating myself atm :p

[quote name='bojay1997']HMV UK always charges 4.50 GBP to ship to the US. I have ordered dozens of games from them over the past two years and it's the same shipping charge each time. They also ship in cardboard boxes which are admittedly thin, but better than the bubble packs every other UK retailer seems to use for international shipping.[/QUOTE]

Any custom fees I have to worry about?

I would also like to do a pre-order.
o.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigsick']Caved in and pre-ordered from HMV. dont wanna pay 250+ on ebay.[/QUOTE]
I think I'm gonna do the same.

I'm pretty much assuming at this point that we're not getting one. I don't know if I want to spend $102 to import it though..

Yea. If we don't get it eff it. I'm just going to enjoy my game.
If they give FF14 a LE, because of all the backlash from this one I might kill them.

[quote name='bigsick']Caved in and pre-ordered from HMV. dont wanna pay 250+ on ebay.[/QUOTE]
Link to the product?

Yeah, there's no hope for an LE now. Sounds like Gamestop has a mini-guide as a preorder. Other than that, I think the best we can hope for is midnight release goodies or discount deals like a gift card at TRU or something.

Makes me want to spring for the console bundle even more now.

After going to the HMV site I dont really get what is so impressive about that LE. Is it the soundtrack cd people want so badly? It cant possibly be the sticker...

The world of FF XIII hardcover book + interest in the game.
plus, it would go nicely with the hardcover guide

Not the best CE (would love a nicer box like the one for the limited edition sound track + a differentiated box/box art for the game itself), but heh, it is never about needs (or even logic), but wants.

If the guide doesn't offer release day delivery, there is nothing you can do about it. Combining orders doesn't matter and would make it worse because if one has rdd and one doesn't, you couldn't even select release day delivery. Adding to the order may not stop one from getting to you with RDD but it won't alter the other one into it. If it's a prime issue, look into starting a new trial, I've done like 4 in a row now.

I did a free trial, and the guide offers release day shipping, but for a fee while the game doesn't. Right now, the guide's showing up 2 days after the game.

[quote name='ninja dog']FFXIII strategy guide:

"tilt the analog stick forward.

the end."[/QUOTE]

bad trolling attempt is bad.

sigh. applied a $10 promo on my US FF XIII amazon order. Can't cancel now without losing it.

sucks. guess I will have a sealed XIII for trade at the trading forum soon :)

bread's done
Back