Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gkrykewy']Give them the ASIN number of the item in your email.[/QUOTE]

Ex: Please add "ASIN #" to "Order # XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX"?

Oh and what about shipping? I chose FSSS for my whole order way back when, will it just conform to the order or do I have to state it in the email to Amazon?

[quote name='Tracid']Ex: Please add "ASIN #" to "Order # XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX"?

Oh and what about shipping? I chose FSSS for my whole order way back when, will it just conform to the order or do I have to state it in the email to Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the shipping option will carry over to anything added to an existing order.

In for the PS Triple version. Normally I'd be all about the 360 version (for control purposes) but Final Fantasy type games are fine with the PS3 controller. Nice bonus to have everything on one disc as well.

This might be off topic. But does anyone know if the CE strat guide(I have em all) is a gamestop exclusive? I would prefer to buy it from amazon.

[quote name='shadowrage']This might be off topic. But does anyone know if the CE strat guide(I have em all) is a gamestop exclusive? I would prefer to buy it from amazon.[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering this myself. I'm somewhat interested in the guide, but only the hardcover limited edition guide... but if my only choice is paying $34.99 from GS, I'll pass. Amazon would almost definitely offer a better price. I don't think I've heard of a guide being a store exclusive in the past, though.

I just pre-ordered the CE Hardcover Strategy guide from Amazon. Search under Final Fantasy XIII and it's the last search result on the page. Or you can search under item # 0307468380.

[quote name='shadowrage']This might be off topic. But does anyone know if the CE strat guide(I have em all) is a gamestop exclusive? I would prefer to buy it from amazon.[/QUOTE]

Judging solely by looks, Amazon has the CE strategy guide at $23.09, which is cheaper than the standard edition being sold by GS.

CE Strategy Guide - $23.09

Standard Strategy Guide - $16.49

$23.09 eligible for free super saver shipping over $25 on amazon. Aaaaand my Gamestop preorder is cancelled. Thanks!

[quote name='Reimu']Judging solely by looks, Amazon has the CE strategy guide at $23.09, which is cheaper than the standard edition being sold by GS.

Standard Strategy Guide - $16.49[/QUOTE]

Ordered a copy - much appreciated, thank you.

I had searched for "Final Fantasy XIII Guide" which only returned the paperback guide... guess I should have tried a broader search.

[quote name='Reimu']Judging solely by looks, Amazon has the CE strategy guide at $23.09, which is cheaper than the standard edition being sold by GS.

Standard Strategy Guide - $16.49[/QUOTE]

Thanks, had just checked again yesterday, but it wasn't available for order yet. Got my CE Guide order in.

I ordered FFXIII when Amazon had that Discover promo, so my total is $46.99 + $23.09 - $10 pre-order credit = $60.08. So basically, pay for FFXIII and get the CE guide free. I'm happy.

And yeah, kind of suprising they didn't announce a CE. Even though there's going to be some kind of announcement on the 13th, I'm not holding my breath. Maybe the FFXII package didn't sell well, and really don't expect people to lay down more money in this economy? I'm also surprised stores haven't announced pre-order bonus items.

Oh snap! That's a pretty looking guidebook (I mean, the cover that is). I'm such a sucker for this stuff, I'll pick this up.

I'm familiar with guides from Brady, Prima, Nintendo and even Versus....I don't think I've ever had a Piggyback guide. Anybody know much about them?

Did a little 'net homework. Here's a big pick of the guide cover:

http://a.imagehost.org/0349/FFXIIICEGuide.jpg

And a quick synopsis of the bonus features:
The Final Fantasy XIII collector's edition guide is a pristine coffee table book, printed on superior quality art paper and encased in a hard cover. It is limited to just one print run and each copy is sequentially numbered.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bo...NTASY XIII COLLECTORS EDITION-_-9780307468383

I don't think I can justify buying this game at full price when in Japan the price has plummeted already. If it cant succeed in Japan (and by that I mean maintain some level of success), what chance does it have here?

[quote name='genfuyung']I don't think I can justify buying this game at full price when in Japan the price has plummeted already. If it cant succeed in Japan (and by that I mean maintain some level of success), what chance does it have here?[/QUOTE]

It's getting close to 2 millions copies sold in japan. They don't even have 5 million ps3s in circulation there. If I had to guess at why the price dropped, it's probably because the market is saturated.

[quote name='sengar']I really doubt that the differences are going to be all that significant. I would be surprised if most people will even be able to tell the difference visually and especially aurally between the two versions.

I also own both and am leaning toward the 360 version. After the time and effort I've put into my Live account, it almost feels counter-productive to play a non-exclusive release on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I almost feel the same way, as far as the Live account goes. I feel like the service is significantly better than what the PS3 offers and I've spent a lot more time on it, and that frequently makes the decision on what I choose. It may be frivolous things, like dressing up my avatar, or the fact that I'm paying for it, but its a little more satisfying.

My issue is I'm some what of a PS3 loyalist when it comes to well developed single player multi-platform releases and my Xbox is a release model, so it makes playing games incredibly unenjoyable with its incredibly small hard drive and ridiculously loud disk drive. Also the complication with installing multi-disk is also a little annoying, since it doesn't seem to work at all with Mass Effect 2.

Still, I'll be leaning towards PS3 for the improved overall experience, at least in my case. Really regret not opting for the Lightning Edition Slim though when I had the chance, looking to upgrade my 80GB to a Slim.

[quote name='Antdogg50']I just pre-ordered the CE Hardcover Strategy guide from Amazon. Search under Final Fantasy XIII and it's the last search result on the page. Or you can search under item # 0307468380.[/QUOTE]

Nice find! I was waiting for Amazon to have it for pre-order! Now I just need to wait for the collector's edition of the game..

Oh and I'm going to assume guides won't work with eca since it also didn't take my credit from ME2. Oh well, since it looks like we won't get a CE for this, this will be the consolation for me.

[quote name='helmet'] Also the complication with installing multi-disk is also a little annoying, since it doesn't seem to work at all with Mass Effect 2.
[/QUOTE]

While I'm getting FF XIII on the PS3 hands down (for so many reasons) I'm curious about this. I installed ME2 and it plays just fine from the installs. Do you mean they still make you switch discs? I don't know because I've hit disc 2 and never had to go back. But I wouldn't expect them to only use one of the discs, though that sure would be a nice perk (and would make the multi-disc issue, at least, a non-factor).

[quote name='io'] I don't know because I've hit disc 2 and never had to go back. [/QUOTE]

Disc 1 is the beginning and end, you'll switch back later.

[quote name='io']While I'm getting FF XIII on the PS3 hands down (for so many reasons) I'm curious about this. I installed ME2 and it plays just fine from the installs. Do you mean they still make you switch discs? I don't know because I've hit disc 2 and never had to go back. But I wouldn't expect them to only use one of the discs, though that sure would be a nice perk (and would make the multi-disc issue, at least, a non-factor).[/QUOTE]

Maybe it has since been fixed, but when I first installed the game I don't believe I was supposed to be able to. From the game details menu (Y), I had to enter downloads menu and then return to the main menu in order for the install to hard drive option to appear. I installed both discs using this method, but the disc still spins up as normal. Its as if I'm playing without ever installing, but I have a huge 10GB useless file sitting on my pathetic 13GB hard drive.

I am one of those Gamerscore tools. I will always buy a game for my 360 if it's multi-platform. I had no idea the 360 and PS3 version were being released the same time, this makes my decision that much easier. I will also always choice the 360 version of online games, because it's rare for me to find real-life friends that log on PS3, so for me a community is non existent.

I am hesitant, though; I wanna wait for reviews and see how well the 360 version stands against the PS3. It was, after all, supposedly built with the PS3 in mind. Let's see if the dev team is good enough to handle both consoles with out sacrifice...And no, I don't mind multiple discs, I like to get off my butt every now and then =)

[quote name='McNutsack']I will also always choice the 360 version of online games, because it's rare for me to find real-life friends that log on PS3, so for me a community is non existent. [/QUOTE]

I feel the same way.

[quote name='McNutsack']I am one of those Gamerscore tools. I will always buy a game for my 360 if it's multi-platform. I had no idea the 360 and PS3 version were being released the same time, this makes my decision that much easier. I will also always choice the 360 version of online games, because it's rare for me to find real-life friends that log on PS3, so for me a community is non existent.

I am hesitant, though; I wanna wait for reviews and see how well the 360 version stands against the PS3. It was, after all, supposedly built with the PS3 in mind. Let's see if the dev team is good enough to handle both consoles with out sacrifice...And no, I don't mind multiple discs, I like to get off my butt every now and then =)[/QUOTE]

Same thing man =/
Also, the price on amazon went back up to 59.99 right? That's what I'm seeing.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Aaaaand bought. Now I have FFXIII and the CE guide on pre-order. Really wish there was a CE version of the game though.[/QUOTE]

Wait till Feb 13th or so. Retailers should be announcing something then. Trust me.:D

[quote name='hotohori420']Wait till Feb 13th or so. Retailers should be announcing something then. Trust me.:D[/QUOTE]

In a way, I'd like that; but I really hope if that is the announcement, it's not another 100$(or higher...god) set. 57 + 10 vg credit is so nice.

I always will choose the ps3 version over 360, dont care at all about achievements (ego nonsense). Just have a 360 for games like mass effect or crackdown. In any case I wont preorder, and hopefully there will be a collectors edition eventually.

[quote name='blindside8zao']is the release date shipping not an option now?[/QUOTE]

Shows as an option for me. You have to be a Prime member for it.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer'](ego nonsense)[/QUOTE]

Way to offer an opinion and rip on others in the process, congrats, we are all glad you are here!

/sarcasm

Anywho, I think I'm getting this for the PS3 just since it was originally designed for it. Honestly though, it all depends on how the reviews go for me ... right now my PS3 is a Heavy Rain only console right now and it needs some love.

I've noticed people talking about an online component ... how much online are we talking about here? I wasn't under the impression from reading other reviews that significant portions had to be done online or with others. Can someone elaborate?

[quote name='Vortextk']In a way, I'd like that; but I really hope if that is the announcement, it's not another 100$(or higher...god) set. 57 + 10 vg credit is so nice.[/QUOTE]

If I thought it was worth $100, I'd buy it. The whole wait 'till Feb 13. thing doesn't make sense because everybody said the same thing when Jan 13 was coming around.

What would make me buy a CE for $100 for FFXIII:

- Hardcover Artbook of 50+ pages
- Soundtrack CD
- some cool crap I don't need.

Really, I'd have to see it before I decide if it's worth $100.

What are some thoughts on the strategy guide?
Typically I like to play my RPGs without a guide at all, kind of just stumbling along finding my way. I don't know if I will replay the game over and over again, until I actually get it and see how I am going to like.
Usually, this strategy works with games like Zelda, and to a certain degree it worked with Chrono Cross.
I don't play that many RPGs, but do like the FF series. The last one I played was FF IX, and I didn't use a guide for that.

However, a buddy of mine always gets the guide, and is somewhat of a completionist. I remember when we were playing FF VII way back when, he had the guide, and I wouldn't say the game was easy....but there was something lost I think in something telling you where to go?

I hear that this game is more linear than previous FF's so would going without the guide be good to get most items?

I probably would spring for the collector's guide since it isn't much more.
Anyways I wanted to get some thoughts on pros/cons of getting the guide to play the game.

What are the differences between the 2 guides? Is the CE just a hardcover or is there additional artwork etc?

[quote name='Jodou']70% from PSM3; ouch. Poor FF, where did they go so wrong?[/QUOTE]

Its not a WRPG. I never even heard of this shitty magazine.

[quote name='Commy']Shows as an option for me. You have to be a Prime member for it.[/QUOTE]

No, you don't. I get release-date shipping all the time, and it costs about $6. It's very much available for everyone.

[quote name='TomJones4']Its not a WRPG. I never even heard of this shitty magazine.[/QUOTE]

Stop being a fanboy.

Though, I haven't heard of this magazine either...maybe because I don't live in the UK.

[quote name='shouamabane']I just ordered FFXIII and the order total came to $49.99. I guess the gift card credit is applied to the order when you create it now.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. You probably already had a credit from another purchase and it was automatically applied.

[quote name='TomJones4']Its not a WRPG.[/QUOTE]
Why is this the default response every time an RPG from Japan gets a low score? Pretty sure the other Final Fantasy games came from Japan yet managed to get above average scores. First time one is questionably subpar and it's because our style varies?

Bullshit.

I'm really on the fence about this game. I didn't care for FF12 and this doesn't look that much different gameplay wise. Plus JRPG story-telling typically can't stand up to BioWare RPG story-telling. It's not even a fair comparison.

[quote name='Bojizzle']I'm really on the fence about this game. I didn't care for FF12 and this doesn't look that much different gameplay wise. Plus JRPG story-telling typically can't stand up to BioWare RPG story-telling. It's not even a fair comparison.[/QUOTE]

lol Bioware. ME's story is horrid. The first one was so horrible, I didn't even bother with the second.

Also, the magazine gave FFXII a 9.4, so they don't hate on JRPGs. Maybe FFXIII just is too linear? I'm still buying it because I know it'll be the talk amongst my friends for awhile.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Also, the magazine gave FFXII a 9.4, so they don't hate on JRPGs. Maybe FFXIII just is too linear? I'm still buying it because I know it'll be the talk amongst my friends for awhile.[/QUOTE]
Truth. It's like Star Wars: no matter how bad it may turn out, it's fucking Star Wars!

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']lol Bioware. ME's story is horrid. The first one was so horrible, I didn't even bother with the second.

I'm still buying it because I know it'll be the talk amongst my friends for awhile.[/QUOTE]

This is hilarious. Probly the second more than the first. You heard it here first FF13 brings the friends/ladys.

bread's done
Back