Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technole']Exactly. The Crystal Tools engine was designed for the PS3 initially. Plus its much easier to port from PS3 to 360.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck, dude? 39 platinums!? That's impressive!

::EDIT:: oh wait nevermind, Hannah Montana, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Ice Age, and Terminator inflate it...not so impressed anymore.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']What the fuck, dude? 39 platinums!? That's impressive!

::EDIT:: oh wait nevermind, Hannah Montana, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Ice Age, and Terminator inflate it...not so impressed anymore.[/QUOTE]

This post was priceless

[quote name='ricshos']yup, i imported that sucker...:lol:[/QUOTE]

I did the same myself :applause:

I got mine yesterday and man it is freaking amazing. Visually the most stunning game to come out thus far. I thought Uncharted 2 was gorgeous but man... this game is eye candy.

Just do it anyway. If the price doesn't drop, you cancel, if it does you're covered

Anyway, already pre-ordered for a nice discount so makes this that much sweeter

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I did the same myself :applause:

I got mine yesterday and man it is freaking amazing. Visually the most stunning game to come out thus far. I thought Uncharted 2 was gorgeous but man... this game is eye candy.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? The footage I've seen has stunning FMV sequences, but the actual gameplay itself didn't look so hot...at least not as good as Uncharted or Uncharted 2.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Are you sure about that? The footage I've seen has stunning FMV sequences, but the actual gameplay itself didn't look so hot...at least not as good as Uncharted or Uncharted 2.[/QUOTE]

I think the gameplay looks just as good. The FMV sequences nothing is even close to.

The vids you see don't do any justice. Seeing it on a 1080p TV is ridiculous.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I think the gameplay looks just as good. The FMV sequences nothing is even close to.

The vids you see don't do any justice. Seeing it on a 1080p TV is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Glad you're liking the game, ZxT. ;)

[quote name='mywhitenoise']What the fuck, dude? 39 platinums!? That's impressive!

::EDIT:: oh wait nevermind, Hannah Montana, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Ice Age, and Terminator inflate it...not so impressed anymore.[/QUOTE]

lol, its okay to be jealous that I play every game genre. Of those above, Ice Age 3 was the most fun!

I already had XIII pre-ordered from Amazon, but eagerly await a collectors edition.

[quote name='anthony0187']i want to preorder now but im not sure what the differences will be between the ps3 and 360.[/QUOTE]

SE stated that the audio and video on the Xbox 360 version will be compressed to fit on DVD, while the PS3 version will remain uncompressed and ship on a dual-layer Blu-Ray disc.

In for one for PS3. My guess is the price will drop. If a CE comes out, I'll just cancel. With my $29 credit from Gazelle (flipped 2 copies of Tekken 6 when they were $20), this ends up costing me $30 or less out of pocket. Too bad this never hit the GB. Wouldn't mind an additional 5% off.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']anybody able to get this in their goldbox yet?[/QUOTE]
To date, it has never been eligible for a quick pick and likely never will be. You can get Versus, though.

[quote name='Jodou']To date, it has never been eligible for a quick pick and likely never will be. You can get Versus, though.[/QUOTE]

yup i got versus during the eca time. i kept waiting to see ffxiii in there, but never happened. eca codes expired and now i pay regular price =(*.

Europe already got their CE announced. If you dont hear anything by tomorrow there probably wont be one

[quote name='ndawgdrake']Not to be a fanboy at all, but wasn't this game originally designed for the PS3 anyway + 1-disc (vs multi-disc 360 version) + Sony owns around 8 or 9% of squaresoft for them to not let FF13 fall victim to the PS3 getting inferior version of multiplay. Enough reasons IMO.

anyways, just ordered this for ps3....really hope they don't announce a collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they have to compress it for the Xbox in order for it to get ported. It can't handle what the PS3 can. It was written for PS3 and ported over. Thank god! I'm tired of lazy developers writing code for X-box and porting over to PS3. I mean, Bayonetta was a lazy ass port.

I heard that the Xbox version is going to have 2D graphics and they had to re-record some guy humming the music because the 360 isn't powerful enough to handle actual musical instruments. Also, Fang had to be cut from the game because a DVD only has enough memory for five character models, not six. Sorry Microtards!

[quote name='technole']lol, its okay to be jealous that I play every game genre. Of those above, Ice Age 3 was the most fun![/QUOTE]

Oh come on, dude. I'm definitely not jealous that you spent a day playing Hannah Montanna just for a trophy.
Just admit that you're a trophy whore and we'll call it a day. :lol:

[quote name='technole']lol, its okay to be jealous that I play every game genre. Of those above, Ice Age 3 was the most fun!

I already had XIII pre-ordered from Amazon, but eagerly await a collectors edition.[/QUOTE]

damn right, Ice Age 3 is a cool game, i can't get the damn "mama loves you, i love you" out of my head! I must have retries the damn egg rolling challenge a hundred times. Hey, try to get to the goal in less than a minute is pretty hard, no room for any mistakes! Not to mention the timer is running when the screen loads, yes, you lose a second there...

Anyhow, if i can platinum FFXIII that would be awesome. But from the look of it, it needs a lot of hours just to finish it...

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Oh come on, dude. I'm definitely not jealous that you spent a day playing Hannah Montanna just for a trophy.
Just admit that you're a trophy whore and we'll call it a day. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Actually, being a trophy/achievement whore exposed me to games i normal don't play, which is a very good thing IMO. I find that Cloudy with chance of meatball is a descent game, fun with kids, perfect. As to Hannah Montana, i went over that in the PSN trophy thread... Nobody is proud of playing that game, but hey, it was fun at least for me :)

Hmmm, i gotta look up the FFXIII trophy list, got to research the shortest route to get them all.

This deal is hardly any good!

Will there be NO Collector's Edition for this game?

[quote name='SuperJedi']This deal is hardly any good!

Will there be NO Collector's Edition for this movie?[/QUOTE]

This is a game.

Somehow I doubt that all the people citing lossless sound as the reason they are getting it for ps3 actually have the equipment to enjoy such a thing.

[quote name='ricshos']I LOVE this game so far, i'm 45 hours into it. However, I sense that the haters will gather very soon...[/QUOTE] They always do man. I can't stand that.

[quote name='ithebigc']No, there is a confirmed difference between the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions for video and audio too. Square Enix confirmed that the Xbox 360 version will have compressed video and audio, while PS3 will have lossless audio and 1080p cutscenes.

Source here: http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/ps3xbox-360-final-fantasy-xiii-differences-confirmed--758.html[/QUOTE]
I cant find this anywhere except on ps3 fanboy sites so...

But if there is a big difference then I will definitely get it on PS3. If anyone knows any reputable sites that have commented on this please post a link.

[quote name='genfuyung']I cant find this anywhere except on ps3 fanboy sites so...

But if there is a big difference then I will definitely get it on PS3. If anyone knows any reputable sites that have commented on this please post a link.[/QUOTE]

In this respect, I can't imagine doing it any other way. Hasn't it been confirmed to be a 3 disc game? Or is that too a rumor? Either way, for once the blu-ray disc actually matters and isn't just full of duplicate data.

I wonder if the xbox version will look better in regular gameplay, but even if it did slightly, for a FF game, cutscenes almost seem more important anyway ;)

Man, I'd go for this, but I just don't know which version. If they're both completely equal, I'll go 360, but since SE was very clear that the PS3 was the lead platform, this could be one of those rare cases where the 360 version is a little worse, rather than the usual other way around. I'll need to wait for reviews to roll in.

[quote name='SuperJedi']This deal is hardly any good!

Will there be NO Collector's Edition for this movie?[/QUOTE]

Ha HA.... Freudian.

[quote name='Vortextk']In this respect, I can't imagine doing it any other way. Hasn't it been confirmed to be a 3 disc game? Or is that too a rumor? Either way, for once the blu-ray disc actually matters and isn't just full of duplicate data.

I wonder if the xbox version will look better in regular gameplay, but even if it did slightly, for a FF game, cutscenes almost seem more important anyway ;)[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah the 360 version is definitely 3 or 4 discs but that doesn't bother me really. I'm just wondering about compression (that's noticeable) and a lower native resolution. If the PS3 versions native resolution is 1080p and the 360 versions native resolution is 720p then that makes my decision.

Cutscenes, CG, prerendered. Next to 0 retail games actually play at 1080p, this is no different. The game is going to be 720p~.

[quote name='Vortextk']Cutscenes, CG, prerendered. Next to 0 retail games actually play at 1080p, this is no different. The game is going to be 720p~.[/QUOTE]
Which is contrary to what someone said earlier in the thread who linked to some fanboy garbage site. If they're both 720p then 360 it is. I guess the only way to know for sure will be to wait until release. Oh well no big deal.

[quote name='genfuyung']Which is contrary to what someone said earlier in the thread who linked to some fanboy garbage site. If they're both 720p then 360 it is. I guess the only way to know for sure will be to wait until release. Oh well no big deal.[/QUOTE]

Its not fanboyism, the game is out in Japan, and its a fact that PS3 is getting 1080p cutscenes, while the 360 downscales them.

Not to mention the chance of one of your 3 discs getting scratched, as opposed to just 1 blu-ray with solid scratch protection coating. This one's a no brainer.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Its not fanboyism, the game is out in Japan, and its a fact that PS3 is getting 1080p cutscenes, while the 360 downscales them.[/QUOTE]

lol - out in Japan on PS3, not on 360... and yet you know how cutscenes are handled on the 360 version. Got it.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Its not fanboyism, the game is out in Japan, and its a fact that PS3 is getting 1080p cutscenes, while the 360 downscales them.

Not to mention the chance of one of your 3 discs getting scratched, as opposed to just 1 blu-ray with solid scratch protection coating. This one's a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

And to add to that, having to get up and switch discs, thats the sole reason I sold star ocean for the 360 while I could still get something out of it, I will buy it on the ps3 also.

[quote name='Fors78']And to add to that, having to get up and switch discs, thats the sole reason I sold star ocean for the 360 while I could still get something out of it, I will buy it on the ps3 also.[/QUOTE]
Unless you are in a wheelchair, having to get up off the couch to switch discs should not be an issue.:roll:

You guys should actually be arguing over whether or not the 360 cutscenes will be natively 1080p. Because the 360 upscales everything to 1080p, while the PS3 doesn't. Thus why people are saying that, based off of the Japanese version, that the cutscenes on the PS3 are in 1080p.

I fully believe though that only the PS3 will be capable of native 1080p cutscenes. The 360 version is restricted with DVD-- even if it will be on three 8gb DL DVDs (of which I believe 6-7 gigs are actually usable due to Microsoft's lame attempt to curb piracy). That leaves at most ~21 gigs to use, while the PS3 version can use up to 50 gbs on a DL BR.

[quote name='genfuyung']Unless you are in a wheelchair, having to get up off the couch to switch discs should not be an issue.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Depends on how they implement it, I never even played my star ocean because I began reading about you had to switch discs multiple times, wannna go to a different town or whatever, you gotta get up and switch discs. I really dont see why, since the 360 allows you to install to the hard drive, why cant it just let you keep disc 1 in there? Really no reason to have to switch discs if its reading all off of the hard drive.

[quote name='genfuyung']Unless you are in a wheelchair, having to get up off the couch to switch discs should not be an issue.:roll:[/QUOTE]
forreal. i only own a ps3 and this argument is lame as any.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']forreal. i only own a ps3 and this argument is lame as any.[/QUOTE]

For me, swapping discs affects my ability to immerse myself in the game. If that's not an issue for others, then yes, it's a lame argument. Were all else equal, I would purchase the version of the game that comes on one disc over the three-disc version.

It was an issue for Star Ocean 4 because not all of the game data is stored on every disc, so you do have to continuously swap discs to travel to different locations. That's down to terrible game design, and I'm sure that FF13 will only require each disc to be switched in once as the story progresses. Just like all of the PSX Final Fantasy games.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It was an issue for Star Ocean 4 because not all of the game data is stored on every disc, so you do have to continuously swap discs to travel to different locations. That's down to terrible game design, and I'm sure that FF13 will only require each disc to be switched in once as the story progresses. Just like all of the PSX Final Fantasy games.[/QUOTE]

But it still makes no sense that you would even have to swap discs after installing everything to the hard drive. And yeah it wont be that bad if you only have to switch the discs a couple times on the 360, but I would still rather have one disc with uncompressed audio and video, deffinately PS3 for me on this one.

Anyone know about the 4 disc 360 packaging? Is it actually a case made for 4 discs or is it going to be a like the United States release of Lost Odyssey with 3 discs stacked on top of each other and 1 in a sleeve on the side. If that's the case I'm going to go with PS3. If it's a decent case made to hold 4 discs correctly then I'll probably go 360.

[quote name='mission42']Anyone know about the 4 disc 360 packaging? Is it actually a case made for 4 discs or is it going to be a like the United States release of Lost Odyssey with 3 discs stacked on top of each other and 1 in a sleeve on the side. If that's the case I'm going to go with PS3. If it's a decent case made to hold 4 discs correctly then I'll probably go 360.[/QUOTE]

No idea but I wouldnt be surprised if it is like Lost Odyssey. Especially with them wanting to save plastic and crap these days.

[quote name='Dissolve']Mutli-disc RPGs are awesome; you can lend the game to three other people and all still play at the same time![/QUOTE]

I always loved the sense of completion that comes with finishing a disc. Good stuff. I miss the PS1 days with FF8 and its 4 discs.

Okay, I found it. Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3 is 32.7GB in size. To be an exact copy of the PS3 version, the 360 version would have to be at least 5 discs (MS only uses 6-7 gbs of the 8gb potential for games). The PS3 version will definitely be having some advantages over the 360 version. If nothing else, at least uncompressed audio.

bread's done
Back