Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn FF13 is back up to 59.99 on amazon instead of 56.99. Guess ill wait to pre-order.

[quote name='KueMan10']Okay, I found it. Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3 is 32.7GB in size. To be an exact copy of the PS3 version, the 360 version would have to be at least 5 discs (MS only uses 6-7 gbs of the 8gb potential for games). The PS3 version will definitely be having some advantages over the 360 version. If nothing else, at least uncompressed audio.[/QUOTE]

Reason for extra data on alot of Ps3 games is to decrease load times.

[quote name='KueMan10']Okay, I found it. Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3 is 32.7GB in size. To be an exact copy of the PS3 version, the 360 version would have to be at least 5 discs (MS only uses 6-7 gbs of the 8gb potential for games). The PS3 version will definitely be having some advantages over the 360 version. If nothing else, at least uncompressed audio.[/QUOTE]

Listen to this man!

With all the info gathered:
The ps3 version will definitely offer a BIG installation for that one disc :lol: possibly the only down-side to even have it for the ps3. You may actually wait a few mins before you can actually play it...
The 360 version will come in , i believe, four discs. Knowing that installing a game on 360 is optional, there MAY not be any installation to do, other than to pop in the disc and play.

As far as switchin discs go, i believe that it will be a hassle. Seein "Please insert disc X" is definitely a disadvantage, however, you will not be standing up every now and then to switch discs either. You are going to switch one and then go back to the couch and enjoy your rpg.

As far as audio and visual goes, considering that audio CAN get compressed, The 360 will indeed be the inferior version. I will not speak about visual, there still a 360 release to be seen , however...

It is clearly a no-brainer that the playstation 3 version will be the superior version.
If you own both consoles and have no committed relationship with any company whose name begins with sony or microsoft, you may definitely want to pick it up the ps3.

i , for one, am not interested in the FF series. The only one who i am beginning to show interest is FF14 but that is about it, really.

[quote name='cRodz']Listen to this man!

With all the info gathered:
The ps3 version will definitely offer a BIG installation for that one disc :lol: possibly the only down-side to even have it for the ps3. You may actually wait a few mins before you can actually play it...
[/QUOTE]

May not mean anything but the NTSC-J version doesn't require an install at all. I have it so I know ;)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']May not mean anything but the NTSC-J version doesn't require an install at all. I have it so I know ;)[/QUOTE]
oh right...

you are that person who imported the game from Japan.

hmmm, well that disadvantage is off the list. :roll:

However, the only disadvantage you are facin is language. Unless you comprehend and fully understand moonspeak (read: Japanese), you are clue-less as to what is going on with the story. :lol:

if not, carry on sir and enjoy your rpg.

[quote name='Metalic']Damn FF13 is back up to 59.99 on amazon instead of 56.99. Guess ill wait to pre-order.

Reason for extra data on alot of Ps3 games is to decrease load times.[/QUOTE]
You can pre-order it now, and you'll only get charged the lowest price between when you pre-ordered and when the game ships. There is no benefit to waiting if you are surely going to get it from Amazon.

[quote name='cRodz']oh right...

However, the only disadvantage you are facin is language. Unless you comprehend and fully understand moonspeak (read: Japanese), you are clue-less as to what is going on with the story. :lol:

if not, carry on sir and enjoy your rpg.[/QUOTE]

Actually there is a very nice translation site to play along with. Granted I cannot get as involved and attached to the story as I like but I will get that pleasure once March 9th hits :D

So far though man it is amazing. I know what is going on story wise just little details here and there ya know. It will be one of the MANY games that will be up for a GOTY award. :)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Actually there is a very nice translation site to play along with. Granted I cannot get as involved and attached to the story as I like but I will get that pleasure once March 9th hits :D

So far though man it is amazing. I know what is going on story wise just little details here and there ya know. It will be one of the MANY games that will be up for a GOTY award. :)[/QUOTE]

Really nice to hear! I've been thinking about ordering the import for quite some time, but I'm only in my second semester of Japanese so I was concerned with not being able to follow along. Now if I could get over the price, considering that the US release is right around the corner.

Also, does anyone know if the US release will include the Final Fantasy XIV bonus item/beta code? It is only available with the the first print, but I haven't really heard much about it for the US release.

36gb would require 6 discs actually if not compressed (but they are compressing the 360 version). 7gb of data a disc x 5 times = 35gb. You'd still need a gb on a sixth disc. But remember we're expecting 3 discs for the 360 version.

For all those on the last page who were debating whether there were any differences between the PS3 version and the Xbox 360 version, it's been confirmed the Xbox 360 version has compressed audio and video while the PS3 version will has lossless audio and 1080p cutscenes. How do I know? Well, Square-Enix said it themselves.

Source: http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/ps3xbox-360-final-fantasy-xiii-differences-confirmed--758.html

In this case, if you have both a PS3 and Xbox 360, it's kinda obvious which one you should get.

[quote name='genfuyung']Which is contrary to what someone said earlier in the thread who linked to some fanboy garbage site. If they're both 720p then 360 it is. I guess the only way to know for sure will be to wait until release. Oh well no big deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if some people don't understand or things are getting lost in translation.

The cutscenes are 1080p, the gameplay is at 720p. Nearly every single retail game on the market for the HD consoles is at native 720p(or sub that). The 360 cutscenes are going to have something cut down for them, I couldn't tell you what, but certainly different than the ps3.

[quote name='cRodz']oh right...

if not, carry on sir and enjoy your rpg.[/QUOTE]

FFXIII Data files are only 500kb each, so that is all the data that is ever written. Just like Uncharted 2.

Plus some unlockables like PS home items, and PS3 XMB themes are attached to some of the trophies. No word if anything similar will be on the 360 version.

There's several games I know I want to get but I'm shying away from pre ordering since there's usually some form of really good deal to be had when they release at retail.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']There's several games I know I want to get but I'm shying away from pre ordering since there's usually some form of really good deal to be had when they release at retail.[/QUOTE]

57, no tax, free shipping and a 10$ credit is hard to beat though, even less if you had it in an eca order pre-meltdown. Of course it's 60 now.

It does seem like every single major release last fall hit 40 on amazon or some other big store(which then made amazon price match) very soon after release though. TRU has been doing some big GC offers as well.

I just pre-ordered the PS3 version, it's seems to be $59.99. I skipped from page 3 to last page so maybe I missed somebody else posting that it went up.

[quote name='helmet']
Also, does anyone know if the US release will include the Final Fantasy XIV bonus item/beta code? It is only available with the the first print, but I haven't really heard much about it for the US release.[/QUOTE]

lolwut

ff14 beta is for ps3 and pc.

i already registered online through their website for the ps3 beta...wonder if i get to participate considering i was one of the first to register...:whistle2:#

i need more info about that as well.

[quote name='Vortextk']57, no tax, free shipping and a 10$ credit is hard to beat though, even less if you had it in an eca order pre-meltdown. Of course it's 60 now.

It does seem like every single major release last fall hit 40 on amazon or some other big store(which then made amazon price match) very soon after release though. TRU has been doing some big GC offers as well.[/QUOTE]
Something else I realized is that with the credit coming when you order the won't really overlap. I have a $25 amazon giftcard but I wanted to apply 10 from Tatsunoko vs Capcom and 10 from Final Fantasy along with the $25 gift card to White Knight Chronicles. Also TvC doesn't have free delivery date shipping.

Is it possible? Yes. From my personal experience, when it starts to go back up the price usually doesn't drop till after release though. That's for most of the stuff I've gotten off amazon in the past like 6 months atleast.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']what do you guys think is the possibility of this going back down to $57 for the ps3 version?[/QUOTE]

You really care that much about $3? Geez.

When you pre-order, if the price drops before it ships you'll get that price.

[quote name='technole']You really care that much about $3? Geez.

When you pre-order, if the price drops before it ships you'll get that price.[/QUOTE]

Um, do you know what site you are at? Getting the lowest possible price is the aim of all those who come here.

And no, you won't necessarily get an automatic price adjustment. Unfortunately, Amazon does not always let you know that the price has dropped on an item you pre-ordered. I have had to email them several times to get adjustments on items.

[quote name='cRodz']lolwut

ff14 beta is for ps3 and pc.

i already registered online through their website for the ps3 beta...wonder if i get to participate considering i was one of the first to register...:whistle2:#

i need more info about that as well.[/QUOTE]

I know that, but the code is good for BOTH the PS3 beta and some item for FFXIV once released. Can't find any info if it will be available for NA though.

[quote name='KueMan10']Um, do you know what site you are at? Getting the lowest possible price is the aim of all those who come here.

And no, you won't necessarily get an automatic price adjustment. Unfortunately, Amazon does not always let you know that the price has dropped on an item you pre-ordered. I have had to email them several times to get adjustments on items.[/QUOTE]

I have gotten price adjustments everytime on preorders I have done without having to email or contact amazon.

Edit: Here is the text straight from amazon page.
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

[quote name='KueMan10']Um, do you know what site you are at? Getting the lowest possible price is the aim of all those who come here.

And no, you won't necessarily get an automatic price adjustment. Unfortunately, Amazon does not always let you know that the price has dropped on an item you pre-ordered. I have had to email them several times to get adjustments on items.[/QUOTE]
I have never had to contact them. They always do it automatically.

[quote name='SuperJedi']You need to wait until if Best Buy or Target have exclusives? Or GameStop[/QUOTE]
Seriously there's gotta be something for preorders.

[quote name='rgon86']Seriously there's gotta be something for preorders.[/QUOTE]

Or actually the week when the game comes out

Personally I think that PAL deluxe edition is very "meh" by today's standards. Look at the cool bonuses in Bioshock 2, Modern Warfare 2, God of War III, etc., collector/deluxe editions. Even Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins have some neat digital bonuses on top of the standard soundtrack/artbook stuff (which isn't that compelling IMO).

Looks like I'll be keeping my amazon pre-order.

A Final Fantasy soundtrack is fairly compelling if you ask me. The music is one of the best things about the series.

I think GoGamer had a 48-hour madness deal on PS3's FFIII pre-order. They were selling it for $49.90. Not sure if it's still going on though, but I have mine booked through Amazon already.

FYI: I had mine preordered a loooong time ago back when the ECA coupons were still working (actually it's one of only 3 games that I was able to use it on before they were yanked).

Anyhow, I just got an email that they automatically applied the $10 bonus, which wasn't in effect at the time I preordered! They didn't have to do that, but they did anyway. Nicely done Amazon, as always...

[quote name='Scooby']FYI: I had mine preordered a loooong time ago back when the ECA coupons were still working (actually it's one of only 3 games that I was able to use it on before they were yanked).

Anyhow, I just got an email that they automatically applied the $10 bonus, which wasn't in effect at the time I preordered! They didn't have to do that, but they did anyway. Nicely done Amazon, as always...[/QUOTE]

Me too, I actually got 3 emails in succession indicating that I got the $10 bonus, weird..

[quote name='Scooby']FYI: I had mine preordered a loooong time ago back when the ECA coupons were still working (actually it's one of only 3 games that I was able to use it on before they were yanked).

Anyhow, I just got an email that they automatically applied the $10 bonus, which wasn't in effect at the time I preordered! They didn't have to do that, but they did anyway. Nicely done Amazon, as always...[/QUOTE]

Just as an FYI, if you have an open order with an ECA discount (such as a preorder), you can still add items to it and get the discount on them. Just email customer service and say you'd like to add item (ASIN # xxxx) to that order number.

[quote name='backseatdog']Me too, I actually got 3 emails in succession indicating that I got the $10 bonus, weird..[/QUOTE]

I got three as well, must be the new system

[quote name='gkrykewy']Just as an FYI, if you have an open order with an ECA discount (such as a preorder), you can still add items to it and get the discount on them. Just email customer service and say you'd like to add item (ASIN # xxxx) to that order number.[/QUOTE]

+ 1

Added a handful of games to my order in the past like 2 months, no problems.

[quote name='backseatdog']Me too, I actually got 3 emails in succession indicating that I got the $10 bonus, weird..[/QUOTE]

Hey, WTF!? I only got two emails in succession about the $0 bonus ;).

More importantly, though, why didn't I get a notice about the $10 bonus being added in for Mass Effect 2? :whistle2:s.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Just as an FYI, if you have an open order with an ECA discount (such as a preorder), you can still add items to it and get the discount on them. Just email customer service and say you'd like to add item (ASIN # xxxx) to that order number.[/QUOTE]

Wow - doesn't that mean you could keep that going indefinitely as long as you buy a game from time to time as a preorder?

[quote name='io']Hey, WTF!? I only got two emails in succession about the $0 bonus ;).[/QUOTE]
Same here. Must be a west coast thing.

Whoa... is everyone receiving their $10 gaming credit for FFXIII early, or am I crazy?

Also, I wasn't aware there was an expiration date for redeeming it... is that the case? Sorry guys, I'm new to pre-ordering from Amazon.

[quote name='creepychick']Whoa... is everyone receiving their $10 gaming credit for FFXIII early, or am I crazy?

Also, I wasn't aware there was an expiration date for redeeming it... is that the case? Sorry guys, I'm new to pre-ordering from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

People are just recieving notification of the $10 dollar gamingh credit, they havent actually recieved it yet. they wont pass them out until after the game has shipped.

As for expiration dates for redeeming them, that seems new to me.

I didn't take advantage when Amazon first started giving out credit for purchasing video games but I did preorder something on OCT'09 that had an expiration date. I don't think it's new.

[quote name='Dahk']People are just recieving notification of the $10 dollar gamingh credit, they havent actually recieved it yet. they wont pass them out until after the game has shipped.

As for expiration dates for redeeming them, that seems new to me.[/QUOTE]
Nope, not new, it has always been there.

[quote name='creepychick']Whoa... is everyone receiving their $10 gaming credit for FFXIII early, or am I crazy?

Also, I wasn't aware there was an expiration date for redeeming it... is that the case? Sorry guys, I'm new to pre-ordering from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Well, even though they never sent me an email in advance saying I'd be getting the $10 for Mass Effect 2 (which I preordered way before they offered it) I just got notice from Amazon that a $10 promotional credit has been added to my account. And the game just arrived as well (release date delivery). Too bad I'm currently playing Brutal Legend before I have to send it in to Amazon for the trade-in program... Anyway, just to confirm there is indeed an expiration on the credit: Feb 28th! That really isn't that much time! I'm hoping they drop that Pinball Hall of Fame Collection to $12.99 or something and then I can use it on that.

bread's done
Back