Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gkrykewy']Just as an FYI, if you have an open order with an ECA discount (such as a preorder), you can still add items to it and get the discount on them. Just email customer service and say you'd like to add item (ASIN # xxxx) to that order number.[/QUOTE]

To anyone who's done this does the game you add have to be a predorder? I'd love to add mass effect 2 and get the eca discount.

[quote name='salazarmark']Nope, not new, it has always been there.[/QUOTE]

Yep, except the time range for the expiration has been changing sporadically. With Dissidia, the credit was said to expire in October, while the credit from Kingdom Hearts DS was said to expire in February. That makes roughly two months for the former and five for the latter. There are a few more Ama-credit promos that I received but I don't recall their expiration timeline. Then there were also a few that did not have any expiration dates at all.

[quote name='Francinium']To anyone who's done this does the game you add have to be a predorder? I'd love to add mass effect 2 and get the eca discount.[/QUOTE]

You just need to make sure that the initial order that you are adding additional item(s) too are under the status of "Not Yet Shipped". If it hits "Shipping Soon" then the order cannot be changed. This is how it went for me at least.

Oh and the item to be added should not matter at all, though, if the initial order is already in stock but the item to be added is a pre-order item, I'm not sure if Amazon will charge you for additional shipments if you choose to have the items shipped whenever they are available(unless you have prime, of course).

Yeah, I have an order from September that I got lucky with an accidental stacking of codes to 20% off - an open preorder for Super Mario Galaxy 2. I've just been adding stuff and adding stuff; saved a lot of money.

Now I'm not sure what'll happen to my $10 promo credit for FFXIII - hopefully I can get them to apply it to the remaining unshipped items in the order.

[quote name='Francinium']To anyone who's done this does the game you add have to be a predorder? I'd love to add mass effect 2 and get the eca discount.[/QUOTE]

I've added one game to an order and had my eca discount applied, after it had already released. This was borderlands like 2-3 weeks after it came out. I've also added like 8 other games to my order, they were all pre-orders. Everything has had the eca discount applied, you can check by your "totals" amounts on the order page or when they ship/charge the game to you. If you really want to keep the order going, add final fantasy xiii versus or dead space 2 or something to it.

[quote name='gkrykewy']
Now I'm not sure what'll happen to my $10 promo credit for FFXIII - hopefully I can get them to apply it to the remaining unshipped items in the order.[/QUOTE]

YMMV if you can get one of their customer service reps to add that kind of credit to your order. I haven't bothered and since I don't feel it's worth it to not get the discount just to use the credit, I've been using the credits on amazon's live/psn codes. Pixeljunk, shadow complex, some other stuff. Good alternative if you try but get shot down. The credits also work on accessories I think, so a controller or something would work as well.

I never got an email about it, but there is a $10 credit on my account from it already. I guess I'll get Miles Edgeworth with it.

[quote name='KingBroly']I never got an email about it, but there is a $10 credit on my account from it already. I guess I'll get Miles Edgeworth with it.[/QUOTE]

Normally I'd say you're probably mistaken and it came from somewhere else, but I have a mysterious extra 10$ in credit on my account too.

Either got it for my mass effect 2 ce order, which it wasn't listed for and I ordered both 1 of the regular and CE of so I doubt it, had from an old order from last year but I'm 99% positive I used all of those or it came from FFXIII.

To anyone else, put a game in your cart and see if you have an additional credit. Might get lucky, I don't know. I know uncharted 2 glitched and sent out the 5$ early for it.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Still NO Collector's Edition of FF13? :(

Will they NEVER make one?[/QUOTE]

Seriously, they missed out if they dont make one, it would be a gold mine for them, marketing really dropped the ball if there turns out to be no collectors edition.

Waiting on:
- info regarding potential US collector's edition
- info on potential preorder bonuses from anywhere
- info on FFXIV Campaign Codes and whether or not they will be included with 1st print copies in US/Europe

One month and 3 days left and we've gotten absolutely nothing out of S-E. It's true that the game will sell itself but the game is being marketed very poorly...

What about this mysterious 2/14 announcement? I heard a rumor that there's supposed to be some kind of announcement, hopefully about an LE.

[quote name='sokari']You just need to make sure that the initial order that you are adding additional item(s) too are under the status of "Not Yet Shipped". If it hits "Shipping Soon" then the order cannot be changed. This is how it went for me at least.

Oh and the item to be added should not matter at all, though, if the initial order is already in stock but the item to be added is a pre-order item, I'm not sure if Amazon will charge you for additional shipments if you choose to have the items shipped whenever they are available(unless you have prime, of course).[/QUOTE]

i just wanted to clarify something. so if one of the items from the original order has shipped, then we cannot add any more to it?

or can we keep on adding items as long as there is one item that hasnt been shipped yet?

[quote name='Jeoff']Waiting on:
- info on FFXIV Campaign Codes and whether or not they will be included with 1st print copies in US/Europe

One month and 3 days left and we've gotten absolutely nothing out of S-E. It's true that the game will sell itself but the game is being marketed very poorly...[/QUOTE]

I'm just waiting too, hope the US collector's isn't as much suck as the Euro one.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']i just wanted to clarify something. so if one of the items from the original order has shipped, then we cannot add any more to it?

or can we keep on adding items as long as there is one item that hasnt been shipped yet?[/QUOTE]

No, and correct. If you have atleast 1 item left on an order that HAS NOT shipped, or even gone into "shipping soon", you can add items to it....so far indefinitely, heh.

[quote name='62t']With roughly a month before release? Doesnt look like there will be collectors edition[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree.....what a wasted opportunity for fans and for Squarenix to make some money. What a shame. At least I have the LE soundtrack on the way.

[quote name='Jeoff']Waiting on:

One month and 3 days left and we've gotten absolutely nothing out of S-E. It's true that the game will sell itself but the game is being marketed very poorly...[/QUOTE]

No Kidding! That's why I haven't pre-ordered yet. It's amazing that none of this has been released for the most anticipated game of ever.

Tempting, but I'm holding out for a collectors edition in the US. Assuming there will be one... c'mon Square, hurry up and announce it already! :/

OP says that FFXIII is 56.99 pre-ordered from Amazon, however, when I go to Amazon it's showing 59.99.

I held off on pre-ordering since I was hoping for a Collector's Edition. I feel kind of gipped right now.

[quote name='Angelwatch']OP says that FFXIII is 56.99 pre-ordered from Amazon, however, when I go to Amazon it's showing 59.99.

I held off on pre-ordering since I was hoping for a Collector's Edition. I feel kind of gipped right now.[/QUOTE]

Look at the date of the OP. Amazon bumped the price back up since then. Still, if $10 game credit makes a difference or you're planning to buy this game in some form then just go ahead and preorder. If the price goes back down, you'll automatically get the discount, and if a CE is announced for North America you can just cancel and reorder.

There's no real reason to hold off preordering. I can't see a CE getting announced AFTER the regular edition ships.

[quote name='Vortextk']I've added one game to an order and had my eca discount applied, after it had already released. This was borderlands like 2-3 weeks after it came out. I've also added like 8 other games to my order, they were all pre-orders. Everything has had the eca discount applied, you can check by your "totals" amounts on the order page or when they ship/charge the game to you. If you really want to keep the order going, add final fantasy xiii versus or dead space 2 or something to it.

YMMV if you can get one of their customer service reps to add that kind of credit to your order. I haven't bothered and since I don't feel it's worth it to not get the discount just to use the credit, I've been using the credits on amazon's live/psn codes. Pixeljunk, shadow complex, some other stuff. Good alternative if you try but get shot down. The credits also work on accessories I think, so a controller or something would work as well.[/QUOTE]

Do you email them to add the item or call them? If so how do I say it to them? Ex: Please add this "Product Name" to Order XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX?

[quote name='Tracid']Do you email them to add the item or call them? If so how do I say it to them? Ex: Please add this "Product Name" to Order XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX?[/QUOTE]

Give them the ASIN number of the item in your email.

Just out of curiosity, to those who have both a PS3 and Xbox 360, what version are you getting? It is driving me mad on which version to buy. I'd wait for reviews however by then, all of the deals will be over.

[quote name='Kendro']Just out of curiosity, to those who have both a PS3 and Xbox 360, what version are you getting? It is driving me mad on which version to buy. I'd wait for reviews however by then, all of the deals will be over.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting both. ;)

But if I had to choose one, it would be PS3 without question.

[quote name='Kendro']Just out of curiosity, to those who have both a PS3 and Xbox 360, what version are you getting? It is driving me mad on which version to buy. I'd wait for reviews however by then, all of the deals will be over.[/QUOTE]
I wanted to get the 360 version for achievements, avatar awards, and most people I know are getting it on the 360. But I think I'm going to have to get it for the PS3, I'm too worried about S.E. not porting some DLC to the 360. Besides, might as well have Versus and XIII on the same system.

PS3 version has trophies as well if that's your thing. DLC has been confirmed for 360 but yeah I can see S-E screwing 360 owners out of some DLC just because there is no Japanese 360 version.

I'm sure the differences between the two versions will be smaller than people are saying but if you have a PS3 there's no reason NOT to get it for PS3.

I'm getting the PS3 version for 3 reasons:

1. It's the lead platform they developed the game on.
2. The 360 version comes on 3 discs.
3. All of my Final Fantasies since VII have been on Sony systems.

I really don't see a reason for you to get the 360 version unless you really want the achievement points and/or disc-swapping has some kind of sentimental value for you.

I have both, getting the 360 version so long as no issues arise before release once review copies are sent out. I have no sentimental feelings towards playing FF on a Sony system. If anything, it would be a Nintendo system for me, since I was first introduced to the series on one.

I pre-ordered the PS3 version namely because I would rather not deal with disc swapping and compressed audio/video of the 360. Since it's a single player game that makes it easier to choose as well. I have more buddies on live than psn but it doesn't matter in this case.

Plus my Halo Edition 360 RRoD on me 9 days ago so not taking a chance on MS not having it back to me before launch date. I'm already pissed I can't play Mass Effect 2 right now. =(

PS3 is clearly the better version. I hate switching between 2 discs so i cant imagine how bad having 4 discs is like.

I just wish there was a collectors edition.

[quote name='Serpent01']PS3 is clearly the better version. I hate switching between 2 discs so i cant imagine how bad having 4 discs is like.

I just wish there was a collectors edition.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you havent played previous FF games :lol:

Are there any issues in terms of playing PAL ps3 games on u.s hdtvs and ps3s?

Ack, doesn't appear Amazon UK will ship the Collector's edition to the u.s....anyone know where you can import it from?

[quote name='docwastaken']I wanted to get the 360 version for achievements, avatar awards, and most people I know are getting it on the 360. But I think I'm going to have to get it for the PS3, I'm too worried about S.E. not porting some DLC to the 360. Besides, might as well have Versus and XIII on the same system.[/QUOTE]

why don't you get it for trophies then? you don't sound too happy getting it for the ps3. :bouncy:

[quote name='jamezuva']Are there any issues in terms of playing PAL ps3 games on u.s hdtvs and ps3s?

Ack, doesn't appear Amazon UK will ship the Collector's edition to the u.s....anyone know where you can import it from?[/QUOTE]

The games themselves are region free so you'll have no issues. I haven't looked into where to pick up the Euro CE if we don't get one. Any ideas besides ebay?

[quote name='Jeoff']The games themselves are region free so you'll have no issues. I haven't looked into where to pick up the Euro CE if we don't get one. Any ideas besides ebay?[/QUOTE]

I know someone that ordered heavy rain from here: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=225;6;-1;-1;-1&sku=9573

THe only issue you run into is I don't think US DLC will work with it. So you'd have to get a European PSN card to download DLC with it.

[quote name='jubeininja69']why don't you get it for trophies then? you don't sound too happy getting it for the ps3. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm just happy to be finally getting it at all.

Ill jump in on the fun. I am getting the 360 version even though i own a PS3. My reason is I REFUSE to buy cross platform games on the PS3. I prefer the controller on the 360 and the achievments mean everything to me. Plus most games look and play better on the 360 than the PS3. Although in this case I would guess the PS3 would have an edge or be even with FF13. And no, trophies are a day late and a dollar short. But hey, thats just my two cents.

[quote name='jamezuva']So there's been confirmation of DLC for FFXIII? any details?[/QUOTE]

Not confirmation, really, just news hit several gaming sites today after Gamestop posted the back of the box that the box for Xbox 360 said "Game Content Download." Take it as you will, though Gamestop also splashed their name on the back of the box so I don't know how legit that is (there's no way Square Enix is putting "Gamestop" on the back of the box).

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Ill jump in on the fun. I am getting the 360 version even though i own a PS3. My reason is I REFUSE to buy cross platform games on the PS3. I prefer the controller on the 360 and the achievments mean everything to me. Plus most games look and play better on the 360 than the PS3. Although in this case I would guess the PS3 would have an edge or be even with FF13. And no, trophies are a day late and a dollar short. But hey, thats just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

So you're going to pick compressed audio and video over the lossless audio and 1080p that the PS3 has? That's cool.

[quote name='ithebigc']So you're going to pick compressed audio and video over the lossless audio and 1080p that the PS3 has? That's cool.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt that the differences are going to be all that significant. I would be surprised if most people will even be able to tell the difference visually and especially aurally between the two versions.

I also own both and am leaning toward the 360 version. After the time and effort I've put into my Live account, it almost feels counter-productive to play a non-exclusive release on the PS3.

[quote name='shadowrage']Is versus PS3 only?[/QUOTE]So far... But we're like 18 months away from release, minimum. FF13 was exclusive for a long time too.

bread's done
Back