Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='leeloo1977']First I am not a dude, second there is more than one wallpaper background, and yes, a dungeon crawler (with a battle system that is being praised) with trophies and unlockables is definitely something to get excited about. It may not be the best jrpg ever, it may not even qualify as a true jrpg... but it is definitely looking like it will be an entertaining way to whittle away my free time. And whenever I saw that wallpaper on my PS3, I would know that it took a platinum trophy to do it. Sounds like good times to me.[/QUOTE]

It's the same theme, with alternate backgrounds. Isn't it pretty obvious when it's titled the same, and all the icons look identical? And instead of the wallpaper, you'll always have the trophy in your collections...not sure why you'd need a reminder for that.

I just don't see how you can compare a theme to a game feature.

Own both 360 and PS3, but FFXIII is the first multiplat game I'm buying for the PS3. Considered getting it for the 360, but uncompressed + 1 disc was better than achievement points + more comfy controller :D

You read my mind. The controller seems to be the biggest difference between the two versions. Just entering text with the 360 d-pad is tough. I can't imagine trying to do some of the stuff I've seen in preview videos for the game with it.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']It's the same theme, with alternate backgrounds. Isn't it pretty obvious when it's titled the same, and all the icons look identical? And instead of the wallpaper, you'll always have the trophy in your collections...not sure why you'd need a reminder for that.

I just don't see how you can compare a theme to a game feature.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, I am pretty sure I said different backgrounds......

Originally Posted by leeloo1977
First I am not a dude, second there is more than one wallpaper background, and yes, a dungeon crawler (with a battle system that is being praised) with trophies and unlockables is definitely something to get excited about. It may not be the best jrpg ever, it may not even qualify as a true jrpg... but it is definitely looking like it will be an entertaining way to whittle away my free time. And whenever I saw that wallpaper on my PS3, I would know that it took a platinum trophy to do it. Sounds like good times to me.

And unlockables are a game feature.....

So I guess they aren't announcing a CE :( Or at least, it's kind of freaking late if they plan to, given the game releases on March 9th (next Tues!)

*sigh* Oh well. Pre-ordered at Amazon. Gotta take advantage of the free release date shipping while I still have my free Prime membership :)

[quote name='Kevfactor']i got a question

is the game coming out for the pc anytime soon?

ps3 now or good high res graphics on the pc :)[/QUOTE]

no plans for a PC version to anyone's knowledge.

[quote name='Kevfactor']i got a question

is the game coming out for the pc anytime soon?

ps3 now or good high res graphics on the pc :)[/QUOTE]

A PC port has not been announced. Given the track record of FF games not called FFXI on PCs, I doubt one ever will be.

I doubt it will come to PC. Square stopped doing that awhile ago - I don't think they sell well enough to justify the porting costs (as Square is lazy and always hires outside companies to do it, potentially to crappy results). Then again, Eidos did FF7 PC and they *own* Eidos now...

Just not worth it to release single player games for pc compared to consoles. Last one was ff8 and that was back when piracy wasn't as simplified or widespread when it came to file distribution like it is now.

[quote name='shouamabane']You read my mind. The controller seems to be the biggest difference between the two versions. Just entering text with the 360 d-pad is tough. I can't imagine trying to do some of the stuff I've seen in preview videos for the game with it.[/QUOTE]

One change for the North American release (for both consoles) is that you can use the analog stick to navigate menus, etc.

[quote name='Kevfactor']doh

k so its xbox for the achievements or ps3 for the graphics then hehe[/QUOTE]

PS3 = Graphics + Superior Sound + Trophies

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Achievements over trophies also.[/QUOTE]

I gotta ask. What makes one better than the other? They're both equally meaningless as far as I can tell.

Common knowledge how? Because all multiplatform games that graphics have been looked at side-by-side have been said to be better on the 360.

ie: GTA IV, COD:MW, Need for Speed, and many other multiplats. Common knowledge would tell me the game is better for 360.

Also since you can party chat and communicate with friends while playing the single player, to make the game more entertaining and you can easily get assistance and opinions from other friends on what to do.

I don't care about achievements but the person said trophies so don't jump down my throat.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Common knowledge how? Because all multiplatform games that graphics have been looked at side-by-side have been said to be better on the 360.[/QUOTE]

All? No. Most? Yes, but "most" being: most are better, by an insignificant amount.

And we "know this" because it's everywhere online(and EXACT detailed results will be up on eurogamer, digital foundry, in a few days). A seemingly large drop in resolution on the 360 as well as compressed video and audio. 7.1 uncompressed audio with full 1080p cutscenes on the ps3 as well as a 720p actual resolution ingame.

I have like 10 ps3 games and like 50 360 games, you can tell which I prefer for multi-plats. However it's ignorant to say that all of them are still so much worse on the ps3, they aren't, and especially this exact title.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Common knowledge how? Because all multiplatform games that graphics have been looked at side-by-side have been said to be better on the 360.

ie: GTA IV, COD:MW, Need for Speed, and many other multiplats. Common knowledge would tell me the game is better for 360.

Also since you can party chat and communicate with friends while playing the single player, to make the game more entertaining and you can easily get assistance and opinions from other friends on what to do.

I don't care about achievements but the person said trophies so don't jump down my throat.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I thought it was universally agreed that GTAIV looks better on PS3, and COD MW was pretty much identical. Need for Speed sucks, youre better off getting Burnout...and that one's better on PS3.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Actually, I thought it was universally agreed that GTAIV looks better on PS3, and COD MW was pretty much identical. Need for Speed sucks, youre better off getting Burnout...and that one's better on PS3.[/QUOTE]
You thought wrong fanboy.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']ONLY 8 DAYS !!!!!!!..... I think ?[/QUOTE]

9 FOR ME, COMING ON THE 10TH, CAUSE AMAZON WON'T GIVE YOU RDD ON LARGE ORDERS!

One friend said I'm not allowed to play when he's not here. Yeah I hope that goes well for him ;)

[quote name='Vortextk']9 FOR ME, COMING ON THE 10TH, CAUSE AMAZON WON'T GIVE YOU RDD ON LARGE ORDERS!

One friend said I'm not allowed to play when he's not here. Yeah I hope that goes well for him ;)[/QUOTE]

Is that really true? I might have to return it and just go to Gamestop instead =(

[quote name='panzerfaust']Is that really true? I might have to return it and just go to Gamestop instead =([/QUOTE]

1: You can't wait 1 more day for probably a hefty savings? Or do the whole buy from both return amazon copy to GS...your call.

2: If you HAVE rdd on it, you have it, end of story, getting it on release. If you don't have it but have prime anyway(thus 2day), you'll get it the day after release.

Ex: You make an order with 6 games, only 1 offers RDD, you probably won't have the option of selecting it when placing the order or ever after. If you put that game by itself, you will.

[quote name='Vortextk']1: You can't wait 1 more day for probably a hefty savings? Or do the whole buy from both return amazon copy to GS...your call.

2: If you HAVE rdd on it, you have it, end of story, getting it on release. If you don't have it but have prime anyway(thus 2day), you'll get it the day after release.

Ex: You make an order with 6 games, only 1 offers RDD, you probably won't have the option of selecting it when placing the order or ever after. If you put that game by itself, you will.[/QUOTE]

Ah well I chose RDD when I placed my order last month -- hopefully it gets here on the 9th.

I guess I can wait another day if it doesn't, but damn it's been 3 years.

Then you have release day shipping, don't worry. I don't because it's on an order from like october and every game I get from amazon comes a day after release. Honestly it feels like it should come 2 months later for how many games I still need to finish.(or maybe I should buy it later..but why bother waiting at 57+10$ credit? =/)

Darksiders, ME2, NMH2, Heavy Rain to go, just counting this year. Yikes, only beaten bayonetta and dante's inferno.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Common knowledge how? Because all multiplatform games that graphics have been looked at side-by-side have been said to be better on the 360.

ie: GTA IV, COD:MW, Need for Speed, and many other multiplats. Common knowledge would tell me the game is better for 360.[/QUOTE]

i.e. means 'that is.'
e.g. means 'for example.'

Take it to Gamespot's Systems Wars Forum, fellas. Anyways, I suppose it's safe to assume there will be no CE available for sale? Sucks!

[quote name='ndawgdrake']Take it to Gamespot's Systems Wars Forum, fellas. Anyways, I suppose it's safe to assume there will be no CE available for sale? Sucks![/QUOTE]

The closest thing to a CE for this game is the Hardcover LE Guide. And if you want you can buy the special soundtrack off their site, put it all together and you have a LE FFXIII lol.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']The closest thing to a CE for this game is the Hardcover LE Guide. And if you want you can buy the special soundtrack off their site, put it all together and you have a LE FFXIII lol.[/QUOTE]

Too bad that's like 150$ =/. It's hard for me to be sold on a soundtrack(atleast for 70 freaking dollars) without already playing the game, because even if it's good I will get truly hooked on it after playing. I can only think of chrono cross and xenogears where I knew the soundtrack(or my favorite songs atleast) by heart before ever hearing them in game.

Well I ordered the regular edition of the soundtrack off of SE's NA site for $29.99 + SH/tax. The LE didn't seem worth it as it didn't add a whole lot and the regular one already has nice looking packaging.

I've been checking out the music and it's quite good. FFX had the best IMO and I think this matches it if not surpasses.

You know I kind of hate you now, I'm debating on the regular soundtrack. Damnit...

Or is my decision made for me? Is it actually out of stock or is that a bad translation for pre-order?

Last time I checked, you can still pre-order it on SE's site and it'll go through. It's not actually OOS like it says.

The soundtrack is good, but it is sort of expensive. Many of the tracks on it are mixed from other ones. This time around it's more of a techno/solo piece rather than orchestral scores.

It's worth it if you have a nice sound setup :)

Screw you guys =( My order did go through. 35~ after tax and shipping. You have no idea how much I want the LE, but the whole thing is only a special box with some more art at 2x the price, art I'll probably have in the guide. The last cd doesn't count for me since if I'm reaaaaaally lucky, I'll catch like 2% of the words they use.

I guess someone heard me crying since I have like 10 more hours at work this week. Not like I get paid much anyway

[quote name='Vortextk']Ex: You make an order with 6 games, only 1 offers RDD, you probably won't have the option of selecting it when placing the order or ever after. If you put that game by itself, you will.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't sweat it. All of mine have been coming as RDD regardless and we're in the same boat. Heavy Rain showed up day one with 2-day and now my BFBC2 for PC just shipped with estimated delivery of tomorrow. The only one that didn't make it was AVP, but that never had RDD so I'm not surprised. They still mailed it on a Monday, though.

[quote name='Vortextk']I've never gotten a game on release, out of the last like 15. They always come a day after for me =)[/QUOTE]
Lol, damn. I'd call them up and be like, "Now listen here bitch. . ."

Do you live really close by where they ship from? Mine ship the day before release like RDD, but usually come from half a country away.

[quote name='Vortextk']Do you live really close by where they ship from? Mine ship the day before release like RDD, but usually come from half a country away.[/QUOTE]
Not always, but generally yes. Not as far away as yours, though.

bread's done
Back