Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Im glad for this recent maintence, since my char was "stuck" in a loading screen, and I couldnt log on

Plus they timed it so i could catch the Jets

and the earlier maintence was all about my nap

My complaints arent about the maintenance, just their overall fail 

I got lucky today, the maintenance periods corresponded almost exactly with the times I was out doing something and couldn't play anyway. :)

I feel bad for the people who preordered but are still locked out of early access due to bad codes. Apparently there's a major problem with characters carried over from version 1.0 being locked out of the early access too.

We will be changing the current World emergency maintenance end time that is under the North American/European Data Center to Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:40 p.m. (PDT).

When will the NA servers be back? And are there anyone playing on Faerie? Cactuar's queue is too long. 

Has everyone migrated to Cactuar?

Anyone "stuck" playing on..Ultros?

(I have a friend who "has" to play on Ultros...not sure yet if I should follow him or join the CAG team)

Last edited by a moderator:
=O what!

we're on page 17 though!!!

my friend's Ultros linkshell is only at page 5 and they got what looks like well over 30.... =/

DX you CAG bums join the Linkshell if you havent yet!!!

I ended up on Cactuar as well. IGN: Cheeseburper Andfries. Stuck @ a black screen trying to get into an instance...again.

So many people whining in chat (not the CAG linkshell). Had some dude threaten to kick any PS3 playe in his group. Lame.

How do I specially chat with the linkshell? Is there a command for that?

FYI:

[NA] Regarding the Instance-Related Issues (Aug. 24): Follow-up 3

The following is the current situation regarding the issue wherein players are unable to access instances for Worlds under the North American/European Data Centers.

In regards to the emergency maintenance that was implemented earlier, we have resolved the issue for the confirmed character data for certain players that were having that problem.

For the issue with the server in charge of connecting players to the instances, we are still experiencing heavy traffic and are working on a solution to improve the server.

We are currently concentrating all of our efforts to address this issue, so we appreciate your continued patience while we work to address this matter.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Right now there is 15 people in the CAG LS.
I will probably roll a new char on cactuar. but my main on Faerie is 15 already. What's your jobs? Shall I go black mage or summoner or scholar?

Still getting stuck at lvl 14 quest at Gaurdian tree pretty much just freezes guy in place for 5 mins. Phase 4 was better than this. Still can't fathom how there are more people this time than open beta and how it is way worse. Had so much fun on Phase 3 and 4 now its starts to suck for me. If its still crappy monday I might not pick up my copy....

FYI, posted at 10:31 p.m. EST:

Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

Thank you for your cooperation on the multiple maintenance correspondence. 

With the 2 maintenance that was implemented with the NA/EU Data Center, we have resolved the 90000 error origin and corresponding characters. For the few reports that have been sent after the maintenance, it seems like it is a separate issue, and we will be working on them individually. Thank you for your cooperation with the maintenance.

And we are also currently working on the an even better way to optimize the heavy load of simultaneous access, heavy load on matching and the matching server features for Duty Finder.

Since it is hard to implement them during peak hours and that it might make the matters worse, we are carefully deciding when to do it.

So at 4:00 p.m. JST, we will be implementing a maintenance to optimize the NA/EU Data Centers. At the same time, we will be implementing all the fixes done for the NA/EU Data Centers to the JP Data Center, so a maintenance will be done on the JP Data Centers to get a smoother optimization.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we please ask for continued cooperation for an overall stable environment. The Development and Support Team will continue to work hard for smoother play to our customers, and we thank you for understanding and for your cooperation.

Lifemend stump? Yeah I was stuck there before maintenance.

I think they need to acquire more instance servers.
Honestly didn't bother me until I realized I had been stuck there for like 30 mins lol ... was just messing around on my iPad.

But yeah, gonna kick off and maybe start up and just explore till it's fixed. Sucks, need that stump quest to advance.

Yeah I know. I am about to hit another instanced main story quest myself, and I am not looking forward to getting stuck again.

Sorry if you all know this, but if you wanna get your grind on, you got a little less than 3 hours left to do it:

At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

*Please refer to the link below for details regarding the maintenance.
http://sqex.to/Bbf

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 from 12:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

guess I'll jump on this. either idea where's the best place to get this now?

GMG or Amazon?

can't seem to find the Retail PC CE either :/

guess I'll jump on this. either idea where's the best place to get this now?
GMG or Amazon?

can't seem to find the Retail PC CE either :/
Mostly just which ever vendor you want to support.

There is no Retail Collectora Edition for PC, since it was a Square Enox store exclusive.

Just an FYI, if you go to the official FF14 forums, your avatar there is a character headshot that updates over time, and it's a permanent URL that you can grab and use. Cool thing for signatures and the like, at least I think so. :)

Just an FYI, if you go to the official FF14 forums, your avatar there is a character headshot that updates over time, and it's a permanent URL that you can grab and use. Cool thing for signatures and the like, at least I think so. :)
Yeah, it takes a bit for it to update, though.

Also, does it only display the headshot if you have one character? My old character's headshot is displayed, but not my current character (although I did use the same appearance for both cause I'm lazy).

Yeah, it takes a bit for it to update, though.

Also, does it only display the headshot if you have one character? My old character's headshot is displayed, but not my current character (although I did use the same appearance for both cause I'm lazy).
In the options you can pick which character to display.

Right, so the way to progress in this game is to log in right after servers come up and zerg all your instance quests.  At least, that's the only way I've been able to play since things went to shit yesterday.  Now I wake up and can't even log in, same fucking garbage as yesterday where the login queues fail, error 101wesuck.  It seems to me each time they do maintenance, it gets worse and keeps compiling more issues. : \

I'm getting error 90000 and 10102 now.
It's not just me then? That's almost a relief. :p

I got d/c'ed while zoning into Limsa about 10 minutes ago and since then I've been staring at 90000 and 10102.

Is there another maintenance going on or something?

It displays my character correctly (the Duke Silver one), but there's a blank headshot. Not too worried about it at the moment though.
Yeah, I think it just takes a couple of days to create the initial image of your character, a lot of characters created yesterday still have blank head and body shots in the Lodestone.

Well hopefully they Iron out all these issues before the 27th ;D

No MMORPG's launch day has ever gone smooth, I've been to countless launch days in my 11 years of MMO-gaming.

Only thing I'm really not liking is the Player Queues.... I played TERA since Launch and as soon as it went F2P all continuing monthly subbers were granted higher priority in Queues =/ which didnt exist during P2P-stage ... for a game that started out P2P [ARR] ... seeing Queues is really "odd" 

^That and they need to merge some less-populated servers to increase User limits in the servers that have higher than 100 play queues.. =P

Just my 2 cents.

Well obviously, it's the same thing that happened yesterday when people zoned and got locked out of the game for two hours.  Only thing that fixed it was the maintenance.  Lucky me I woke up just in time for the issues to start happening.

"We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players are unable to log into the North American/European data center Worlds on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

At least they're being more prompt this time in letting us know they're aware.  That's an improvement.

Forums are going nuts. I think lots of people may be experiencing this error now.
Kind of embarrased by how people are reacting. Frusteration is understandable. Sucks the early access has been marred by so many issues, and it's annoying because they seem to be fairly exclusive to the NA servers.

That said, I can't imagine the ammount of work a game like this takes to keep running, and as many of you have said, most MMO launches have their issues. But the way people are reacting, both in-game chat (NOT the CAG linkshell, BTW) and on the forumns is downright childish.

Could SE have been better prepared for this? Sure, maybe. Does it do us any good to start whining and complaining CONSTANTLY in-game and on the forumns? Not really. It's not even launch yet, and I'm sure the devs are aware of a lot of issues and (hopefully) working on them.

If we're still having all these issues next weekend, well then getting worried is a little more understandable.

I'm locked out of the servers too.

Do you know if archer / bard need MND at all besides the cross class cure spell? Since bard sings, so it might rely on mind. Also, summoner doesn't need MND either, right? I re-rolled a wildwood. I'm interested in ranged DPS roll. Currently she's on the path to bard, but I don't want to rule out summoner or black mage yet. Wildwood has low str, vit and mnd. 

I'm locked out of the servers too.

Do you know if archer / bard need MND at all besides the cross class cure spell? Since bard sings, so it might rely on mind.
Not at all. PIE (and Crit) is all you want after DEX to keep songs up longer.

Meanwhile. . .Login Monster crits you for 10,102 damage. You fail.

Kind of embarrased by how people are reacting. Frusteration is understandable. Sucks the early access has been marred by so many issues, and it's annoying because they seem to be fairly exclusive to the NA servers.
Yeah. I think it's fair to say this launch has been rocky so far. Instances are a fairly major part of the game to just not be working outright. And there are still people having problems on the account level that are keeping them from logging in at all, which is pretty serious. But some of the ranting and raving has just been soooo far over the top, like not being able to play the game during a two hour maintenance is literally torture.

I really enjoy this game and by no means expect it to be perfect but I would hope  there would be more problems during the beta's than during an early access  >5 days before the games release. I see no point in buying the game as well as a 3 month sub. if they don't have things atleast as good as the last beta. I have heard more problems and had more problems this time than any of the previous betas. I think in the end it is going to make some rethink if they are going to purchase the game which sucks because if there wasn't early access people would have just thrown their money down and gotten screwed. Sorry to rant or whatever but I just see no sense in throwing 70$ down on a game when I have to be on as soon as the servers pop back up to finish a mission. Like I said I loved phases 3 and 4 no problems and there was bitching about that but when 50% of the population is stuck just grinding the game becomes kind of worthless.

Just got DC'd myself, though I was able to play most of the morning up to now.  It's definitely frustrating, especially since we're now in the "we paid for the game" phase.  I'm not going to get too bent out of shape about it though, since that won't help matters.

More maintanence (aka I should go do my studying now):

At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this period, the Worlds listed below will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]
North American/European Data Center Worlds
- Adamantoise 
- Balmung 
- Behemoth 
- Cactuar 
- Cerberus 
- Coeurl 
- Diabolos 
- Excalibur 
- Exodus 
- Faerie