Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

SE closed my support ticket (which was assistance with the software token and my account), then posts a notice regading RMT and how many spammer's accounts were hacked, and encourages the use of the security token. #facepalm

SE closed my support ticket (which was assistance with the software token and my account), then posts a notice regading RMT and how many spammer's accounts were hacked, and encourages the use of the security token. #facepalm
I encourage the use of one as well. It's an extra few seconds every time you log in, it's definitely worth it.

In my experience so far "end game" content is stupidedily easy

I ran the first two 8 mans with crap gear (as a tank) and it was mind numbingly easy
Lol, got try Amdapor in your shit gear and let me know how that works out for you.

Those two aren't meant to be hard because everyone has to do them to finish the game. They also don't drop any loot for that reason. I've been farming them off and on when I feel like it for tomes to fill out my accessories with blues. You don't need to replace your AF gear right away, since it's still pretty good and honestly some pieces are better replaced with GC gear with better secondary stats. For dragoon I know all that body armor on the tome vendor is absolute shit other than the belt; no crit anywhere.

At any rate, I've been pretty lucky getting in tome farming groups via DF that know to group enemies and aoe cleave or use the canons after rounding them up. Just luck of the draw and I'm not too worried about replacing my body armor, so all the acc's will only take about 20 runs tops.

I encourage the use of one as well. It's an extra few seconds every time you log in, it's definitely worth it.
Cool. I was a little wary of using the physical token in case I lost or broke it, but turns out there's an Android app for it so I just set that up. Anyone know if I can set up the physical token too as a failsafe?

ETA: Looks like the answer is no, you can only use either the software token or the physical token at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, got try Amdapor in your shit gear and let me know how that works out for you.

Those two aren't meant to be hard because everyone has to do them to finish the game. They also don't drop any loot for that reason. I've been farming them off and on when I feel like it for tomes to fill out my accessories with blues. You don't need to replace your AF gear right away, since it's still pretty good and honestly some pieces are better replaced with GC gear with better secondary stats. For dragoon I know all that body armor on the tome vendor is absolute shit other than the belt; no crit anywhere.

At any rate, I've been pretty lucky getting in tome farming groups via DF that know to group enemies and aoe cleave or use the canons after rounding them up. Just luck of the draw and I'm not too worried about replacing my body armor, so all the acc's will only take about 20 runs tops.
I tanked Amdapor in my gear and it was fine

I mean my gears not horrible I have the blues from my story quest (everyone does) plus the level 44-47 greens for the rest of my crap

GC gear is 100% useless as a tank, because it doesnt have any defense on it. So I would literally lose like 30-50% + of my defense if I put on that garbage

Since they dont have "heavy" and "light" pieces just one generic set for everybody

Cool. I was a little wary of using the physical token in case I lost or broke it, but turns out there's an Android app for it so I just set that up. Anyone know if I can set up the physical token too as a failsafe?
is the droid app free?

Ive been waiting for them to add something like that

if its anything like the world of warcraft app, its gotta be near impossible to get hacked

Is relic weapon a must do? I really don't want to level a profession to 50 just for a starter weapon.
You can get a GC weapon at 50, or ifrit hard mode weapon

I mean if youre a tank or a healer weapons not gonna be game breaking for you anyway

I would like to do this, but apparently I have the incorrect answers to my secret questions (don't even remember filling them out, honestly, but I don't know how I could have the incorrect answers to some of them!). Without the correct answers, I can't link the software token and use that. Suppose I could buy a key but I'd rather save the $11 or whatever it is.

Tanked it first time, with only blue gear from class quest (+ grays/greens from lower level dungeons) only having watched a 5 minute youtube video

didnt whipe until the final boss

and only whiped on him because our Dragoon was HORRIBLE and wouldnt help kill the adds, plus kept droppin the bombs right on the pillar

That place is mindbogglingly easy

He also died on every single boss at the begining, so we effectively 3 manned it. And my dps was a summoner who arent even known for being very good dps

Eitherway it was VERY fun

Killed Odin today. Not sure if he drops anything valuable. An item failed to go into my inventory because it was full =[

I would like to point out that you don't have to buy their security token, if you have a smartphone you can download the app.  Someone may have mentioned this already, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents.

is the droid app free?

Ive been waiting for them to add something like that

if its anything like the world of warcraft app, its gotta be near impossible to get hacked
Speaking of that, do you remember when the gold farmers figured out the programming protocol for the security token from Blizz?

I would like to point out that you don't have to buy their security token, if you have a smartphone you can download the app. Someone may have mentioned this already, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents.
Yes, which is what I tried to do, but for whatever reason it's saying the answers to my secret question are incorrect, and I need to contact SE support.

Then SE support closes my tickets without answering them. SMGDH.

Speaking of that, do you remember when the gold farmers figured out the programming protocol for the security token from Blizz?
Nope

signed up for WoW since 05, diablo 3, sc 2

never had a problem

I feel like people who get hacked are always people who download stupid crap, get phished by some scam, or have an easily accessible email

Then again ive had my xbox hacked before too, so guess other shit does happen

I'm just mentioning it because I remember when everyone was freaking out because they had hacked the protocol.

Killed Odin today. Not sure if he drops anything valuable. An item failed to go into my inventory because it was full =[
I wonder if he spawns for everyone at the same time because Odin was up for us yesterday as well. Problem was we didn't find out about it until there was like 17 minutes left on the clock and just ran out of time at 20-ish percent. Was pretty awesome finally seeing a primal in the wild though.

Does anyone know what he drops for the tagging party?

I'm really starting to dislike what FATE grinding parties have done to this game.  It's not the easy mode EXP, because that's whatever, it's that it's created a ton of high-level characters who have virtually no clue how to play their class (or the game really).   I'm talking about basic things like moving during combat and avoiding AoE.  In addition, they're all undergeared.  I'm trying to get through Stone Vigil for my story quest with PUGs, and I'm faced with a constant stream of people who can't grasp the concept of not being able to just faceroll everything. 

I know there are always going to be sub-par players, and I can't lay it all on the feet of FATE parties, but I do feel like people would be forced to learn to play the game before attempting the more challenging dungeons if there wasn't such a readily accessible way to easy-mode your way to Level 40+.

I'm really starting to dislike what FATE grinding parties have done to this game. It's not the easy mode EXP, because that's whatever, it's that it's created a ton of high-level characters who have virtually no clue how to play their class (or the game really). I'm talking about basic things like moving during combat and avoiding AoE. In addition, they're all undergeared. I'm trying to get through Stone Vigil for my story quest with PUGs, and I'm faced with a constant stream of people who can't grasp the concept of not being able to just faceroll everything.

I know there are always going to be sub-par players, and I can't lay it all on the feet of FATE parties, but I do feel like people would be forced to learn to play the game before attempting the more challenging dungeons if there wasn't such a readily accessible way to easy-mode your way to Level 40+.
Youre telling me

Last night I had a level 50 dungeon where the timer expired (2 hours) because people were flat out terrible

And this is a dungeon that ive run a million times and im significantly overrgeared for

It was just a horribly not fun experience

Sooner they either nerf FATEs or buff dungeon XP, the better.

I just had a party wipe like 5 times on the final boss of Cutter's Cry (which is an incredibly easy boss) despite the fact that I explained the mechanic to them patiently every single time.  FATEs teach people to just stand in one spot and mash one button, and they get to real content and that's all they know.  It's sad.

You sound like me 

And I agree wholeheartedly

The exp should be in dungeons, not FATEs

People dont do shit in FATEs

Literally hit a mob twice and get 15k

Or carry nubs in a dungeon hardcore and get 10-15% of the xp you woulda got doing FATEs

Just pulled a long session today. Went from 20 to 30. Started to fall asleep during Haukke, haha. Anyway, hoping to at least hit 35 by the end of Sunday.

Man all of you guys are leveling so much quicker than me.  I am level 26 MRD and 22 GLD.  I'm trying to not play it to hardcore because I know I will get burned out if I do.  Doing Fates does suck on PS3 though.

Just hit 46 last night, finally managed to be able to grind in Coerthas and gained like 4 levels in 5 hours.

After I finish with WHM, I guess ill go SCH or SMN next.

I'm really starting to dislike what FATE grinding parties have done to this game. It's not the easy mode EXP, because that's whatever, it's that it's created a ton of high-level characters who have virtually no clue how to play their class (or the game really). I'm talking about basic things like moving during combat and avoiding AoE. In addition, they're all undergeared. I'm trying to get through Stone Vigil for my story quest with PUGs, and I'm faced with a constant stream of people who can't grasp the concept of not being able to just faceroll everything.

This is why I like to be ahead of the curve when any MMO hits, because the cream rises to the top. Most of the top players are all 50 by now and what you're seeing at your level is the casual droolers that like to talk about apple products in shout chat. I'm leveling my second job to 50 now and it's awful. Shitty tanks/healers in dungeons and way too many people in coerthas talking about the dumbest shit while I'm trying to lead fate groups. Then you have the price-gougers spamming 20k for a piece of wood or 100k to craft legendary weapon components.

I just hope these retards quit before 50 because I don't want them infecting my 50 dungeon grind.

Man all of you guys are leveling so much quicker than me. I am level 26 MRD and 22 GLD. I'm trying to not play it to hardcore because I know I will get burned out if I do. Doing Fates does suck on PS3 though.
I never really see why people want to run through a game like this, and act like its a job essentially. I do understand that yeah, you are paying monthly for it, but some people take it to major extremes to where I don't even see how they can see it as fun and entertainment anymore. I picked back up my lancer (which was level 21 from 1.0) and got him up to 26 last night, along with a few other random jobs up above 13, and having a blast with my wife.

Just hit 46 last night, finally managed to be able to grind in Coerthas and gained like 4 levels in 5 hours.

After I finish with WHM, I guess ill go SCH or SMN next.
Prob should check out cerulean processing plant after 40 (western thanalan)

Better exp, and pretty easy

plus youll get some imp pets (from fates) and what not

I never really see why people want to run through a game like this, and act like its a job essentially. I do understand that yeah, you are paying monthly for it, but some people take it to major extremes to where I don't even see how they can see it as fun and entertainment anymore. I picked back up my lancer (which was level 21 from 1.0) and got him up to 26 last night, along with a few other random jobs up above 13, and having a blast with my wife.
Some people find end game content vastly more rewarding, or look at PvE as competitive, which it certainly can be.

Some people find end game content vastly more rewarding, or look at PvE as competitive, which it certainly can be.
Plus I hate to say it, but the early content in this game isnt very good.

Yes its incredibly exciting in the sense that its a brand new game, so early on it has that appeal (which makes it FUN early on)

But the fates + the early quest kinda suck (some of those early story mode quest were so boring. They literally had you attacking a single mob for like 10 minutes with a crap ton of hp while another npc just healed you) or spending a ton of time running from point a to point b just to talk to a single person

But at 30-35 + content begins to get a little more difficult, and you cant really roll your face across the keyboard anymore, and this is when it actually gets fun.

I think the first dungeon I died in was at level 36 ? (the one right after Brayflox, with the "Bees") and my group probably whiped about 6~ times that run (mostly due to one player being horrible) and it was probably the most fun ive had in this game.

I know some people like the ultra ez mode content where you can go into a dungeon, and like watch youtube videos while falling asleep and not die. But when content gets difficult (but not cheap) I think it makes it exponentially more fun.

I always think mmo difficulty balance is something so difficult to do, and its interesting to see how that plays out going forward

Just did the Garuda fight.  Was able to beat it with only two wipes despite nobody in my PUG having done it before.  Coolest battle in the game so far, the music was amazing.

So, Squeenix said you'll be able to do remote play with this on the vita from the PS4.  Very cool, but I have no plans to get a ps4 any time soon, but I had planned on getting a vita soon, so it pisses me off that this compatibility will not be available with the ps3.

So, Squeenix said you'll be able to do remote play with this on the vita from the PS4. Very cool, but I have no plans to get a ps4 any time soon, but I had planned on getting a vita soon, so it pisses me off that this compatibility will not be available with the ps3.
Why? Lol

The PS3 was a test ground for remote play (and not the greatest one at that.)

Anyway, I achieved my goal yesterday. Would have probably hit 36 if Titan didn't take 3 hours to beat. (My first party was TERRIBLE.)

Why?  Because I don't like using up my tv to play the game (would rather watch tv), and my laptop isn't powerful enough to play it very well.

Owners of the PS3 version will be able to play the PS4 version free of charge. (From the SCEJ Press Conference)
Wonderful. I planned to buy the PS4 copy and this saved me $60. Also, once you upgrade to PS4, can you still play on a PS3?

Regarding the remote play, do you need to keep your PS4 on and the vita is connected to your own PS4, or does the vita work on its own? If the vita can play FF 14 on its own, that'd be great, since I don't want to leave my console on when I'm out. Also if it relies on your own PS4, then the performance will also rely on your home's network, meaning it is at least the same, if not worse, as some remote desktop software. With remote desktop you can play PC version of FF 14 too.

Has anyone tried the PS3 remote play? I'm using a different PSN account from my vita for FF 14 since my main which was used to play beta couldn't login due to their bugs. So I created a new one. And now I need to buy another vita to go with this account...

I seriously doubt the Vita remote play will be of much more use than for gathering/crafting.  I can't imagine trying to do any difficult combat content on it.

=/ I've played the PS3 version since release, if the Vita is just another controller this'll be quiet the easy feat.

Video + Audio streams to Vita and you Vita's inputs are just simple PS3 controller presses.

Easy.

Only thing I think people may not like is the downgrade of screen sizes, I can dig it, I especially REALLY REALLY WANT this remote play, Im in class right now and would LOVE to continue my XIVARR addiction while I'm away from my PS3 & TV. 

Had a great duty finder experience in the Sunken Temple of Qarn yesterday. None of us had done it before but the group just clicked for whatever reason, we were just having fun and rolling through it. Wiped a couple times on the bosses as we figured out the tricks, but we eventually worked everything out. Afterwards we ran into the one drawback of duty finder, where we wanted to group up again but turned out to be on different servers except for one other guy who was on Cac.

I had a terrible experience with Titan on Duty Finder, mostly because he healer was booty cheeks. I got it done, though.

Moonfire Faire community event is active, go get those catgirl bikinis!

moonfire.png

Also I read that the companion app for iOS is out today. Android and PS Vita versions are coming soon.

bread's done
Back