Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Just striking a pose in the Lost City of Amdapor...

13987128632_fdc50e8837_o.png

anytime i hear people say "server first" i always highly doubt it.
Meh.

And it is our server. Smaller pond and the talent pool is lacking. We've only recently even seen PF start to have a scroll bar at peak times, so it's a far cry from the overcrowded servers. Still, I'd rather have a tighter community here than a clusterfuck of retards elsewhere. The good:bad ratio is the same wherever you go.

Took you long enough Jo, need more Lala's.
You did it solo tank; bring better deeps next time. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, I'm ready to give up on the game (not that anyone gives a crap).

I'm sure my router is at fault here but I lack the knowledge/ability to fix things (I know, I know. I am not computer savvy in the least). I've spent more time on my weekend trying to "fix" my router's settings than I have actually playing games. And I'm frustrated beyond belief. Really wishing I could return the game but it's too late, unfortunately.

This was a big reason I bought my PS4. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a consumer would be able to play a game he bought without having to adjust router/Internet settings. 

Just needed to rant. Otherwise I would be turning my play disc into the most expensive coaster I've ever bought. Hell, I might very well end up doing that anyway.

Sadly, I'm ready to give up on the game (not that anyone gives a crap).

I'm sure my router is at fault here but I lack the knowledge/ability to fix things (I know, I know. I am not computer savvy in the least). I've spent more time on my weekend trying to "fix" my router's settings than I have actually playing games. And I'm frustrated beyond belief. Really wishing I could return the game but it's too late, unfortunately.

This was a big reason I bought my PS4. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a consumer would be able to play a game he bought without having to adjust router/Internet settings.

Just needed to rant. Otherwise I would be turning my play disc into the most expensive coaster I've ever bought. Hell, I might very well end up doing that anyway.
You can cheat and set your PS4 as the DMZ host, if your router has that setting. If that works, you can figure out the proper way at a later time.

Czak have you made a character and registered? How far in did you get before it erroring (login screen character creation) I would honestly try again in about a month just in case it is your server being over crowded I know when PS3 ver was first released there were issues similar but after the first month things ironed out and 10-15% of the PS3 community left.

Czak have you made a character and registered? How far in did you get before it erroring (login screen character creation) I would honestly try again in about a month just in case it is your server being over crowded I know when PS3 ver was first released there were issues similar but after the first month things ironed out and 10-15% of the PS3 community left.
I've registered. I'll log in and then have the option of selecting a server/world (have yet actually make a character). I'll pick the server and then wait for 20 seconds before I get the Error 2002 message. That's as far as I get.

Finished dark souls 2 for the ps3 (Platinum) and needed a new game to play so I picked up a ps3 copy from best buy.

Any tips or suggested server or starting class? Any big gap in a certain class that I should pick to find parties easier?

Made out like a bandit last night: got aiming helm, bracers, and ring.  Nothing left for me from T7 now and only 3 BiS upgrades left from this coil tier, excluding the bow.  I still get the feeling boots will never drop again lol.

i hate you.

week 5 and no BRD drops

got the oil and used it on the wristlets. Also need about 170 SOL tomes and I have my i110 weap since I got the UAT and Sands.

Yep, I'm short 175 tomes for mine too and really regret buying belt as an early upgrade.  Have to roll against our DRG next week for weapon, otherwise I'll get it the following week regardless.

Lost roll to our DRG this week for sand; will get it next week. Can't really complain since I'm the best geared player on the server right now at 102 lol.

And I'm not a fan of the glow TBH. I think the bow looks much better without it, and it is a sick looking bow.

ugGBoUb.png

Lost roll to our DRG this week for sand; will get it next week. Can't really complain since I'm the best geared player on the server right now at 102 lol.

And I'm not a fan of the glow TBH. I think the bow looks much better without it, and it is a sick looking bow.
102 ihu

6th week and I got a shitty as SS earring.

I'm like at 500 ss now ><

Been too long, picture time!

Saw this posted and decided to do my own take of "Where in the world. . ."

RYSKneP.png

Hot on the trail, gumshoe!

6fSv4a2.png

Glitching Gridania

T4O7eTs.png

Summer is Coming

NUHlxvD.png

13964730689_638589a033_o.png

Picked up my fourth Weathered Gloam piece, the hands, which I'm pretty happy with. I really want a Allagan Visor of Striking for glamour purposes but after tons of Turn 4 runs I've never even seen one drop, much less won it.

DAT eerie and haunting feeling while Skyfishing in Snowy Coerthas
Ishgardian lights peeking through the desolate storm

The music feels very spooky to really make you feel alone =/
bqh5kul.jpg

Coerthas has amazing atmosphere. I love the dynamic weather in this game SO MUCH. It just makes every zone feel so different and alive every time you go there. I can't believe that the original version didn't have weather.

Moar screenshots!

Well, T8 was good to me tonight: pants, neck, and my sand.  With only 3 slots left to 110, I'm possibly one of the best geared bards in the world at 106 now. :O

T9 is progressing well, too.  We're past megaflare now and working through heaven's fall.  Truly this is when the fight actually begins. . .

u16lPfo.png

give me your luck, week 8 no drops. 

its so bad that I've been getting the oils every week..lol

actually lucky we even downed 6-8 this week, had to pug a tank n dps since they're on vacation, the dps we took in hadnt even downed t6 yet lol. So I guess I have a little luck in a sense. 

I can't wait til I get far enough in the game to know what you guys are talking about :p

I took the advice and rolled a healer (Conj).  My only other MMO experience was WoW where I played a Mage as my main.  I never over DPS'ed to pull aggro off a tank but I know both tanks/healers hated that.  I know that feeling now...

Any other wise advice going forward or tips on how to best prepare for end game stuff?  IE start focusing on a certain Discipline of Hand etc?  I'm level 27 now and once I hit 30 will start on Arcanist for White Mage.

Don't stop at 15 for ACN; you need eye for an eye as WHM.  Other than that, miner will make more money than botanist hands down if you want to support leveling a DoH.  Save your leves for doing those classes and keep up on your main story.  Other than that, have fun!

Heh, yeah it's always a tradeoff with headpieces. Generally I don't like to toggle off the helmet display unless I have to, but that Gloam helmet is just blech.

Pics of Chinese-style behemoth boss coming in patch 2.3: http://2p.com/6412129_1/FFXIV-ARR-Chinese-Style-Boss-quotThe-Year-Beastquot-Revealed-Patch-30-After-E3-by-flamedust.htm

Also S-E announced on the forum that they're holding off on the previously scheduled increases to the Echo buff for Binding Coil for now, because they're happy with the amount of people that are clearing it now with the current 15%. That's probably only relevant to the scrubs like me who are still farming the first four turns with DF groups. :)

Yeah, I figured you'd get it down before us; really had no time to practice it with finals week and summer being summer.  For instance this week we haven't even set foot in T9 at all and last week was maybe one night of practice heh.

Yeah, attendance is harder than any mechanic in the fight. Before this weekend we didnt do t9 for 2 weeks because of RL stuff from various members. 2 days of solid raid time and it was down. 

Anyone know if I bought the ps4 ver can I use the code thats in the game with the one that's on the psn

Last edited:
Sigh, T9 is hopefully the end of long fights in future tiers because I'm really starting to hate the game for it.  We're stuck on the transition from heaven's fall to divebombs because someone always dies (hint: it's not me).  We're hitting the 3 minute mark DPS check before the final raven's beak/streams: check.  We're killing all golems before meteors come out and ~12 seconds before megaflare casts: check.  I'm pulling DPS out of my ass and pushing us past heaven's fall before the third one (340 DPS as a bard, #1 NA): check.  It's really stupid they keep throwing new mechanics at you at the eight minute mark because by then we're trying to set up markers for divebombs while managing the fire calls of running in and out while stacking away from thunderstruck while waiting for dynamo while running out for chariot.  Tonight will mark day 4 of going hard at this. . .

FFS SE, overly complex fights for the sake of keeping guilds busy while you make new content is not fun.  We'll get it down eventually, but at this point I'm looking forward to watch dogs as just a way to get away from this game. : \

Regarding this, and IIRC earlier you mentioned that you were the highest ilvl BRD on your server, not disputing but just asking, how do you know? Is there like a leaderboard somewhere where you can get info like this?
I actually wish you could sort the armory by ilvl because I'm curious where I rank too. I only know I'm the highest on our server because I know what other bards have access to T8 and they're not close to me in terms of drops. AFAIK I'm the highest ilvl period on our server just because of my insane luck with drops. If SE wants to be taken seriously by the raid community, they need to start actively supporting us by at the very least openly sanctioning parsing mods so that a world of logs type of site can emerge. I want to be compared to the best of the best to see where I stand because in WoW I was parsing in the top 200 (reported) worldwide as a rogue.

AFAIK I'm the highest ilvl period on our server just because of my insane luck with drops.
I'm in the same boat. I'm i107 on my SCH, and that includes second versions of most of the left side pieces which first went to my WHM.

I'm not 100% sure if I have the highest ilvl on Cactuar, but I know for sure it's higher than the two healers who I know have beaten t9 (my group is still working on it).

I would trade my t9 down for your luck with gear in a heart beat (instantly). Shit, with your luck you will probably get the bow on your first down. 

2 months + of SCOB and only drop is the shitty HA Ears. 

But yeah, just as long as you only get 4 meteors and 1 ghost add your dps is fine, last phase is scripted so I'm sure you will get it figured out soon.

I think everybody in my group has the HA healer chest lol

Wait, did you 5 DPS it?  LOL, we're doing 2 tank and beating the 3rd heaven's fall, not the 2nd ghost.  We just aoe LB the second add while pushing the boss so that the add dies and she pushes simultaneously.  We talked about one tanking it today but figured we're so far along now anyway, might as well just finish it.  I do feel like 5 DPS would make the final phase lulzy though since you push it so fast leaving less room for error.

4 DPS as seen in the pic.

The SCH did about 90 dps that fight.

And not too sure if 5 DPS is worth it, same result, 4 meteors and 1 ghost. As soon as the ghost spawns we just dot it and go right back to burning Nael while the MNK LB's it, then execute ghost which should have about 5% hp. Its extremely worth getting only 1 ghost for that silky smooth transition, save all your offensive CD's, no need to really pop them during 2nd golums besides B4B and IR since they will be up by the time the phase changes. 

Is there any mention on i90 accessory recipes in the near future for GSM? 

Wondering if I should even invest in the overmelds in preparation for it. Just got my Artisan Specs through CUL which only cost me about 20k in mats lol, still new to crafting sorta but I think its pretty fun. 

I have a 50 GSM/CUL/WVR/LTW and CRP, but I think I would need ALC and BSM @ 50 also to be able to HQ 3 star reliably right? 

4 DPS as seen in the pic.

The SCH did about 90 dps that fight.

And not too sure if 5 DPS is worth it, same result, 4 meteors and 1 ghost. As soon as the ghost spawns we just dot it and go right back to burning Nael while the MNK LB's it, then execute ghost which should have about 5% hp. Its extremely worth getting only 1 ghost for that silky smooth transition, save all your offensive CD's, no need to really pop them during 2nd golums besides B4B and IR since they will be up by the time the phase changes.
FFS, well now I just feel like we're fucked then because our DPS is just pushing the phase before the 3rd heaven's fall and we're getting 5 meteors, but barely the 5th one. SCH is only doing 37 DPS though, not pushing it hard at all. And yeah, I figured out for myself that if I save raging for the boss, everything comes up at the same time if I blow everything else for the second wave of golems. We pretty much made zero progress again tonight after 5 hours because we spend so little time on P4 due to RNG and fatigue. I fucking hate that you can't choose what phase to start on because it takes so long for us to get a perfect transition that P4 just wipes us as we're trying to work things out. It's the god damn lightning too that we're trying to sort out with stacking properly but again, since we're not seeing it consistently by the time we get there things just get crazy and people die everytime.

I'm so done with this fight already I'm just ready for a new tier because honestly, SE has sucked the fun out of raiding with this boss being stupidly hard for no good reason.

bread's done
Back