Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Is there any mention on i90 accessory recipes in the near future for GSM?

Wondering if I should even invest in the overmelds in preparation for it. Just got my Artisan Specs through CUL which only cost me about 20k in mats lol, still new to crafting sorta but I think its pretty fun.

I have a 50 GSM/CUL/WVR/LTW and CRP, but I think I would need ALC and BSM @ 50 also to be able to HQ 3 star reliably right?
Won't know til tonight; live letter is in six hours.

FFS, well now I just feel like we're fucked then because our DPS is just pushing the phase before the 3rd heaven's fall and we're getting 5 meteors, but barely the 5th one. SCH is only doing 37 DPS though, not pushing it hard at all. And yeah, I figured out for myself that if I save raging for the boss, everything comes up at the same time if I blow everything else for the second wave of golems. We pretty much made zero progress again tonight after 5 hours because we spend so little time on P4 due to RNG and fatigue. I fucking hate that you can't choose what phase to start on because it takes so long for us to get a perfect transition that P4 just wipes us as we're trying to work things out. It's the god damn lightning too that we're trying to sort out with stacking properly but again, since we're not seeing it consistently by the time we get there things just get crazy and people die everytime.

I'm so done with this fight already I'm just ready for a new tier because honestly, SE has sucked the fun out of raiding with this boss being stupidly hard for no good reason.
First fire out, 2nd in. Thats how we do it, but yeah you have to pay attention to Thunder and get that person away from the group asap or instawipe.

You'll get it soon, and your bow before I even get a drop lol, its suppose to be hard since it gives you access you the highest tier gear and a 2nd set of sands/oil.

Just got my main hand for WVR, didnt expect crafting 50 Silver Brocades would have been so tedious.

First fire out, 2nd in. Thats how we do it, but yeah you have to pay attention to Thunder and get that person away from the group asap or instawipe.
So tonight after I laid out a new plan for LB, we got one ghost before pushing the phase. We push the boss hard while the ghost is brought to the flank of the tank so melee can transition easily, burn it for like 3s to get it down to 65% and mage LB while the tank drags it away from the group. Dragon dies or I execute it while we push her over and then we stack in mid. Our first try we got to divebombs using the new strat, GFG. We still didn't get it in two hours but we finally completed a divebomb phase and saw the light at the end of the tunnel. 23% is all that's left our next raid day. Now we just need to handle the claws better with taunts and it'll be down.

Swear to god I can't wait to be done with this fight though.

anyone know how can i get my user name and password i forgot it 

Last edited:
Got to level 50 DRG. Nice part was, I already had a full slate of 70/80/90/100 stuff waiting for me, just from greeding along the way.

14090074277_ac78f5fb5d_o.png

Wiped some more last night for six hours and it's starting to take its toll.  We got to 14% once, 25% a few times but can't quite get there.  Day 7 starts tonight but if we don't get it down soon, I may just stop raiding for a while.  Even if/when we down it, I'm not looking forward to repeat raid weeks.

SE can shove design like this up their ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
After wiping for a few hours on T7 & 8 last night we decided we're just shot lol.  We also learned that our main competition on the server for 'firsts' is breaking up now; half going to Wildstar, some to greener servers and the rest merging into us.  Not a good sign for the game and our server. :(

At least the patch isn't far off, even if a bit light on content again.  The new challenge log seems interesting by sending you to remote locations via haiku.  Got me thinking about new screenshots I could do as a 'where am I?' thing.  Here's the first one I came up with; see if you can guess!

S3cZekG.png

Crafting the shit you need for mainhands is getting expensive ><

Got 2 so far and its cost me over 2 mil lol
Are you not gathering it yourself? :O

Going into the patch I had a reserve of philo mats so that didn't cost me too much and I crafted everything myself heh. SE needs to get away from grinds if they want this game to stay afloat though. Nothing fun or engaging about making 50 items in HQ. . .

Are you not gathering it yourself? :O

Going into the patch I had a reserve of philo mats so that didn't cost me too much and I crafted everything myself heh. SE needs to get away from grinds if they want this game to stay afloat though. Nothing fun or engaging about making 50 items in HQ. . .
I've started getting into crafting(2 months ago) so I have zero allowances lol

Leveling Botany IS NO FUN w/o allowances. I just do the GC HQ turn ins every day for the XP, currently lvl 32 and I have no idea what to do to level it besides hitting trees for hours on end, so that's not happening. All my allowances are going to ALC then BSM/ARM.

Made 90% of my money from GSM/LTW SB gear, which i did non stop for like 3 weeks and made about 15 mil then stopped. That money is dwindling down slowly trying to get my mainhands lol

Oh damn, yeah you're gonna get raped by farmers then lol.  Probably too late but miner covers like 75% of crafting needs too.  : \

yo the fact that the new Animus ilvl is going to be i110 is bs.

Why do people need i110 weaps if they're not doing SCOB lol

If I knew they we  going to be viable so soon I would have done it tho, I heard you can even swap out the secondary stats? Like remove the SS and ACC from it and replace it with CRIT/DET? 

I sort of agree, though at least it does take some effort to obtain them.

I'm a little more annoyed that they'll be adding Sand/Oil to the new CT (unless they're actually planning to make it a challenging raid, which I doubt). Even if there's a weekly lockout on them, I'm firmly of the belief that the top ilevel should be for the people doing the top tier of content. That's just me being an elitist though. :D

Is it the outdoor area of AK?
WINNER! It's a different angle from the first boss door which actually has a sweet view but nobody would ever look that way. The fact the weather was cloudy just made for an awesome SS.

In other news, bitch is dead. Here's to never having long ass fights like this ever again. /spit

iROErt2.png

If I knew they we going to be viable so soon I would have done it tho, I heard you can even swap out the secondary stats? Like remove the SS and ACC from it and replace it with CRIT/DET?
We still don't know what the novus will require so it's a safe bet it will be a bitch to do. They have to keep casuals on par with raiders because MMOs are carebear for subs. What I can say for sure is I have way more gear on my bard than I do my WHM even casually gearing her. The WHM animus is only on its 5th book right now, so raiding is definitely the faster path over what casuals have to endure.

In other news, bitch is dead. Here's to never having long ass fights like this ever again. /spit
Congrats! Due to scheduling and changes in personnel my group really hasn't had as much time to work on it as I would have liked despite being in the first few groups on Cactuar for all the other turns. Hopefully we're going to start spending a lot more time in there starting this weekend though.

GL and don't spend long hours on it like we did.  Most of our progress was made in the first 2-3 hours of attempts before we just hit a wall.  This fight requires that you step back and re-plan your strat each step of the way, which is awesome (if you realize it ahead of time -_-).

I made a present for our FC leader (music teacher) after he held us together through it all:

a1MBOkB.png

Time for another edition of where am I!  This one might be a real stumper. :p

jVGnfYr.png

I think the reason we beat T9 before you is because you lack Lalafells in your group, Jodou. 

Not enough intimidation, which makes the bosses fight with more confidence. 

50 Rose Gold Gearssssss wooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That or we just had bad strats (I found out one of the things we were trying to do was off a Mr Happy vid; was not pleased. . .).  Word of advice: ignore most everything he says.  Good at explaining fights, bad at game otherwise.  But yeah, we pushed too hard with six hour runs everyday which probably made us get it later than we should have.

I'm not totally clear on Ishgard, is it supposed to be just that castle/city? Or does it comprise the valley behind, and that castle is just situated at the entrance? At first I thought it was a city-state that was just what we see on top of that mountain but in the Dragoon questline they describe rural villages being part of Ishgard.

Nice Job. who did you down it with this week?
Mostly Nana's group and a sub from some other fc.

My group seems to be SoL for next couple weeks, we have one quitting, and another with exams/study for next week and beyond. This week it was no shows, i cant make friday and some cant do the weekend.

Yeah, we had a guy suddenly disappear this week and we're afraid it might be something serious.  Tried calling him a bunch and no response so it's extremely strange.  We're going to have to chop up our raid with a few different players this week to see if we can make it work or else no T9 kill this week. : \

On another note, this sightseeing shit is REALLY pissing me off.  Finding the locations is the easy part but the information is so vague on what TOD and weather conditions for some of this is retarded.  I'm doing them in order and so far #3 you need to /PRAY, not /lookout to get which isn't mentioned at all from the starter quest.  It also has to be raining and early morning; FFS SE.  Working on #4 right now and so far I've ruled out clear, rain, and overcast as weather conditions with people saying it needs to be fair conditions and afternoon.

This is not what I'd consider 'fun'; standing around like an asshole at the correct spot waiting for conditions to happen.  On top of that, I can't start grinding alexandrite because my animus isn't done yet.  I'm two books from finishing it so it would've been kind of nice to at least get my daily one in anticipation SE. . .

I bought out the market on grade I materia for crit, det, spell speed, and piety.  Can't even move them at 10k each.  fuck my server. : \

MNK vanity

14357106625_2df17da6e0_o.png

Was minding my own business on a bench in Gridania when a Miqo'te stranger sidled up and got romantic...

14357106425_1794c365f3_o.png

I bought out the market on grade I materia for crit, det, spell speed, and piety. Can't even move them at 10k each. fuck my server. : \
Probably because it takes less than 10 minutes to fully spiritbond low level crap on level 50 mobs. Only the most truly impatient or gullible are going to pay the current inflated marketboard prices on materia. Which, to be fair, I'm sure is what you're counting on.

Well duh. Supply and demand. :p

It's not like it was a huge investment though.  Probably at best 150k or so and I've sold enough now at 3-7k to recoup that I think (most were bought at under 1k gil each).

About halfway done with sightseeing for this patch and I'm not looking forward to more unless they lessen the rarity of the weather/TOD conditions.  Yes it's something to do, but it's needlessly irritating hopping from zone to zone just to see wrong weather for hours on end.  I even developed an excel spread to show which ones should be up by TOD; extremely helpful in organizing how I view it at a glance so at least I'm not having to look down a list now.  One guy is even only logging in at this one spot to check the weather and going back to wildstar lol.  GG SE. #fail

So it seems like you're going to need 7-8 Tier 4 Materias to finish up the novus. I should have bought more, almost 3 mil spent on about 19 tier 4's mostly crit/acc/det and already sold just one for almost a mil. This is going to get good. 

Yeah, I finally understand how the novus thing works since I don't have my animus just yet.  SE literally just fucked over anyone trying to meld cap crafted items because competition to get an animus done will be rough.  75 alexandrite and 100+ materia per person is ridiculous.  I don't see how even casuals could complete this before raiding tiers would be nerfed with echo and they could just walk in and out with 110 weapons.  I'm doing it casually for my WHM, but fuck me I'll just take a 115 staff if we ever get duplicates in T9.  E3 better be something VERY special because people are going to quit in droves if this keeps up.

Stop forcing us to do fates and myth grind SE; you can do much, much better.

Funny reading the comments regarding the novus path on the official forums, its like an abusive relationship that people put with lol

Like 90% glad I didnt start it, just as long as they keep it 3rd/2nd option I'm happy. 

Here's a copy of the spread I made for sightseeing (coordinates included; spoiler warning):

nL1xS0x.png

Well this has been the week from hell.  The guy that went missing apparently had some RL shit go down and was in a situation where they couldn't contact us, but should be back next week.  Meanwhile we cleared 6-8 just fine (carrying a dps) and was able to pull in a really good player for t9 tonight.  Except for the constant lag and 90k's happening all day that supposedly aren't SE's fault.  We had two good attempts but wiped on the second dives just from the fight not being fresh in our minds.  After that we had to call it because people were getting lagged out or disconnecting every attempt.

To top it off, it started raining in Eastern Thanalan just now and for a moment I was super excited I'd finally finish the first sightseeing log.  Weather condition: showers.  fuck.

bread's done
Back