Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Yay! It's free login weekend for those of us who haven't played in a while and don't have a current subscription! :whee:

a104cb914a069b8b48e189f88a3f7f10ce31dae9.png

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/a104cb914a069b8b48e189f88a3f7f10ce31dae9
yep on Beta weekend for Destiny....

The Destiny beta will be offline Monday and Tuesday, but otherwise it runs through the 27th.

I might just log in this weekend. I do still have an unused 60 day time code to continue on after that.

I logged in for the free weekend just to do some crafting leves to uncap and get my last 2 professions (or w/e they're called..) to 50. As I was crafting some dude whispers me asking if I can meld 2 materia for his class weapon questline and I told them maybe (cause I don't really remember what melding entails).

Anyways... this dude/gal emotes and randomly stares at me for 5 minutes while I continue crafting. As I teleport away to turn in the leves he opens trade with me and cancels my teleport and says in Say chat "I.... I love you."

I whispered him back "alright then" and teleported away. Aaaaannd.... that was my free weekend. Good stuff.

I logged in for the free weekend just to do some crafting leves to uncap and get my last 2 professions (or w/e they're called..) to 50. As I was crafting some dude whispers me asking if I can meld 2 materia for his class weapon questline and I told them maybe (cause I don't really remember what melding entails).

Anyways... this dude/gal emotes and randomly stares at me for 5 minutes while I continue crafting. As I teleport away to turn in the leves he opens trade with me and cancels my teleport and says in Say chat "I.... I love you."

I whispered him back "alright then" and teleported away. Aaaaannd.... that was my free weekend. Good stuff.
LMAO Gotta love MMO Communities. I have a new favorite insult thanks to FF14: Turbobeards.

I Started my ATMA Grind on Thursday here are my results up until today.

Thursday: 3 Hours - 0 Atmas

Friday : 5 Hours - 2 Atmas

Saturday: 2.5 Hours - 3 Atmas

Sunday: 5 Hours - 4 Atmas

9/12 ( ._.) I hear the part after the Atma is even more of a grindfest but at least I have a workable goal and not just mindlessly grinding fates over and over.

Which brings me to my next question, anything really worth spending my company seals on since I have maxed them doing all this fate grinding?

Been awhile because patch too OP.  Been busy gardening up new choco food (Thavnarian Onion in the works!) and mandrake minions while furnishing the yard of our new large FC house.  Started my FL grind for the horse and I'm 1/3rd of the way there now.  Desynthing is awful trying to get above 77 skill but I'm slowly doing the GSM grind on spectacles to get mastercraft and fieldcraft III demimateria (failed 4 in a row at 70% success rate; fuck RNG).  Hunting is still going strong too so I'm trying to help keep the LS I made healthy and active while doing all of the above lol.  So much left to do still. . .but first, some pics!

Agrippa

O2jlY4p.png

Garlok

pMZHJpM.png

Minhocao

glkNR2Q.png

Goon Squad

zeKV7WI.png

Forneus during Odin Weather

ZUve4DY.png

Maelstrong

ArBPGHR.png

On my free weekend I got part of my White Mage outfit and did some FATEs. Now my character looks like she's running around in her panties until such a day that I can get my level 50 White Mage robe.

Playing the game for the first time since launch during the free weekend brought back some interest so I bought a 60 day card from amazon.

I mainly quit the game because I got a SMN to level 47 and all there was for me to do was the Fate hunting in a city where there'd be about 30 people in it  running from fate to fate.  Now when I got back into the game the city was completely empty and the fates were all at 0%.  I'm guessing there's a new way to get from 47 to 50?

I did get my SMN up to 48 but then decided I wanted to start a new character as I really liked the Ranger during the PS4 beta.  Got the ranger to 21 before the server started getting wonky last night.  Now sadly I have to wait til Weds to get back into the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally downed t9 last night.  Had so many personnel and scheduling issues with my static, I knew that once we finally stabilized we'd be able to beat it.  Lo and behold, we finally get a stable second tank and beat it the very same week.  Feels good.

I just ran T1 for the first time last night. Really liked it looking forward to trying out the rest of coil this week. I still have a ton of content to dive into. 2.3 Story. Hildebrand Questline. The Extreme Primal Fights. I did unlock my ATMA though so now onto Animus.

2q8q4g9.jpg

Finally downed t9 last night. Had so many personnel and scheduling issues with my static, I knew that once we finally stabilized we'd be able to beat it. Lo and behold, we finally get a stable second tank and beat it the very same week. Feels good.
Grats on Clearing T9

There we go.

I swear Mael is OP.

I've only lost once since I made the switch.

90k is good also though but a lot of it matters on what team you're in, I usually get high numbers when I'm on A since Adder loves to Zerg that side over and over again 110k is the average here for BRD's and SMN's ive seen do like 180k, B side is a lot more running around so you seem to do less there. 

Eh, I've won 60% of my matches but most of them are all solo queues since our server is pretty carebear.  Every game I'm in where I'm not defending I'm always top dps and I've never seen 180k done.

A SMN defending Manor can hit 180 ezpz and yeah we full 8 man que since solo q is annoying...in every team pvp game.

Got my HA Book in just our second clear.  All I need now for BiS is the damned t7 choker (ignore the HA circlet, it's a glamour).  That thing is the bane of my existence, since I've never seen it on this char but it's dropped 4 weeks in a row in my alt group.

ZU2OZaf.jpg

Finally got the T7 HA Head Piece last lockout so now I'm at 100% BiS. 

Savage T7 is going to make me quit finally, would be a good time since theres no more gear progression until 2.4.

Savage T7 is going to make me quit finally, would be a good time since theres no more gear progression until 2.4.
Did you guys skip T6? We've only casually put a couple hours into it and we're pushing the one bee strat. Fight is pretty stupid though where RNG will wipe you with briar placement, nothing you can do. And yeah, I feel like savage mode is a misstep for raiders because it's not something we want the way it's implemented nor is it something I'd like to waste too much time on considering this current tier was AIDS to learn. It's nice right now to have a breather between raids since this patch has so much to do. I'm now 2/3rds of the way from my warhorse and I want to start the fish desynth grind soon. The way they put so many items only obtainable from culinarian desynth, I feel like if you don't start now they'll only add more and more. Kinda silly how they made just one of the classes drop unique items which forces you to do it for completionists.

not yet Jo, we're reforming but from what I've seen so far t7 seems pretty nuts.

We still need to gear our new healer/dps but that should be done with a couple more sands. I prob have to make them i90 accessories also and just meld it with vit. Seems like most of us only live with like 100hp. 

On my free weekend I got part of my White Mage outfit and did some FATEs. Now my character looks like she's running around in her panties until such a day that I can get my level 50 White Mage robe.
gallery_226059_7791_67267.jpg

Poor Princess Twilight... Now I feel bad. One day I'll return for that White Mage robe. :cry:

So I messed around and did some hunts earlier. Was lucky enough to be in a group when a S rank popped. I know where my myth tomes for animus are coming from, Hunts. The amount you get is crazy. I picture a nerf hammer swooping down eventually. 

I don't mind the myth mats becoming dirt cheap, it really shouldn't have been such a huge grind to get in the first place.  Now the desynth items are insanely hard to get and worth millions, which I'd rank as the next retarded move by SE.  There's really no need to punish players this much for just trying to get their upgraded crafting/gathering MH's which history has shown will become obsolete after one fucking content patch.  I've been grinding GSM desynth for 85 levels now and only have 3 mastercraft and 3 fieldcraft III demimateria to show for it.  It's not even enough to get one mainhand, so I've given it up since the upgrade is a paltry 10 crafts and 5 control.

The RNG in this game is starting to get unbearable and SE better wake up soon because even I am almost at my limit.

Yeah, I prob wont do the mainhand until later on, I've just been making primal weaps with my ALC which is at 93, but even that is a waste of time since nobody buys them because they're so expensive. 

3 Demimogs, 10 Battle 3, 3 Wolfram Ingot and a kingly wisker of course I'm going to charge more than 10 mil for it. But still, it wont sell so its pretty much pointless. 

Only things that are selling is Augmented 3 star gear and the new accessories but even that sells at a super slow rate. 

The primal weaps have a weird progress rate too, even though its at 445 CS2 w/Ingen 2 it still only hits for 35 prog so gl hq'n that.  

You need to use the brand for progress to get a decent return I think.  But yeah, my friend made a couple titan primal weapons and none have sold because shit is too damn rare.  This patch has totally turned me off to crafting because of the demimateria.

LMAO, was out waiting for weather to change for navigator brands and snapped this adorable screen of my new garlic jester minion I grew (it looks like he's chasing a piece of grass):

gDcVI7m.png

Say you are in a dungeon at the final boss and the tank has to leave. You still have 66 minutes to beat the boss. Does it make more sense to:

1. Wait for a replacement to come in so you can beat the boss & finish the dungeon.

2. Disband the group so you can wait 15+ minutes for a new one and start over from the beginning.

Somehow I got paired up with 2 other people who chose #2 and I'm severely annoyed.

Say you are in a dungeon at the final boss and the tank has to leave. You still have 66 minutes to beat the boss. Does it make more sense to:

1. Wait for a replacement to come in so you can beat the boss & finish the dungeon.

2. Disband the group so you can wait 15+ minutes for a new one and start over from the beginning.

Somehow I got paired up with 2 other people who chose #2 and I'm severely annoyed.
I would say wait but yea not everyone picks that option. I chock that up to people having a limited amount of time and knowing that sometimes you are stuck waiting for a tank for upwards of 30min and or maybe that was their roullette for the night and had other plans. Annoying as shit but welcome to an MMO much like a relationship you are reliant on other people and exactly why I do most dungeons with my linkshell now so we all know what to expect from each other.

14 day free trial now available for PC! Also there's now a recruitment program where if you refer someone and they subscribe you get a bunch of rewards, including a two-seater chocobo.

14 day free trial now available for PC! Also there's now a recruitment program where if you refer someone and they subscribe you get a bunch of rewards, including a two-seater chocobo.
Mannnn I want that chocobo. If anyone is interested in joining the game, you can use my referral code (EAT387QJ) to jump in and we both earn some cool stuff if you decide to sub. Lemme know if you do. ;)

Well now that my CUL and GSM are both 90 desynth, they're finally starting to yield results.  Got my i75 fishing rod done and I've been busting up a ton of fish for the swimsuits and you all know what that means. . .

SWIMSUIT ILLUSTRATED EORZEA EDITION

6ytOwYW.png

hYC3LMS.png

More to come later as I get more pieces but in the meantime, one last pic of my new fishing mount:

9b180Kl.png

So I am at item level 97 now, looking to start a static for coil turns. A small group of my FC buddies and I have done turns 1 and 2. But in the meantime inbetween working on my Animus Weapon I am looking for a good job to start to make some gil for the future when I need gil for Novus. I only have about 350k on me, and not really sure whats the best way to go about making money. Anyone here offer me up some tips about which job I can make a steady income from. Not looking to get rich, just looking to craft a Novus ;) 

Taking a break from fishing for some Kodak moments.  Pretty stoked for the new patch and the faire starting tomorrow night.  Been leveling my chocobo towards rank 11 and the stables are a godsend.  He gets roughly 1% per carrot I feed him which may not sound like a lot but at 1.45 million to level, I'll take it.  Also got this last week for my first i115 weapon (still no bows between our three groups clearing T9. . .)

snMy1aL.png

Hunting for Nutkin

m4ZdUqt.png

8 million in maps later. . .

HMi5m6U.png

T_T

422IwgT.png

Bathing Beauties

DSxCtLu.png

bread's done
Back