Finders Records: Amazing 39.99 dollar pre-orders!

Pinnacle

CAGiversary!
I just pre-ordered Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2 and Alpha Protocol for 39.99 each. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is for 45 bucks.

Just type the name of the game you want to search for in the search box called "title".

This little music site is apparently getting into videogames. I found them during a google search for the best price on Dragon age.

Well, I'm the noob here so I'll let you know. I just ordered Batman: AA for 45. I'll let you know in about a week or so (it comes by media mail).

Well in the other thread (the Mini-Ninja's thread about this same company), someone ordered Mini-Ninjas. We'll just have to wait till the 8th to see if the person got the game or if it is a bootleg. The thing is, I don't want to wait 2 weeks till my game arrives just so save some money... I REALLY want to play Uncharted 2 and Ratchet and Clank day 1.

So, I just read through all the posts and no one has replied back about their orders they placed yet...obviously I'm not talking about the October releases.

They have Uncharted 2 pre-order for $45.99
and A Boy and His Blob for $32.97

In regards to the folks and their opinion about the games being bootlegs...how in God's name would a blu-ray title fit/play on DVD-A. Let's wait and bash 'em until something is proven.

alll you people are just really paranoid how bout you actually look up info on this place. This place is legit if you check there facebook they have pictures of there store with the store name in the front of the building

[quote name='Muthafodder']So, I just read through all the posts and no one has replied back about their orders they placed yet...obviously I'm not talking about the October releases.

They have Uncharted 2 pre-order for $45.99
and A Boy and His Blob for $32.97

In regards to the folks and their opinion about the games being bootlegs...how in God's name would a blu-ray title fit/play on DVD-A. Let's wait and bash 'em until something is proven.[/QUOTE]

But the prices are too good to be true. I have no clue about the blu-ray part... maybe they split it into ten-million disks?

[quote name='Brooklynnets24']alll you people are just really paranoid how bout you actually look up info on this place. This place is legit if you check there facebook they have pictures of there store with the store name in the front of the building[/QUOTE]

We know that but still......

They even list Katamari Forever for $29.99. I'll wait to see if they ship other people's orders before I place mine. If everything goes well here I might have to buy ALL of my games here.

[quote name='wetmayo']Also the DVD-A thing is probably just because they haven't had the time to enter Blu-Ray into their database, or no one knows how and they are waiting for a person who has knowledge of databases to do it for them. So it's just there for now.[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly. All of their games are listed under DVDs. They don't have a section specifically dedicated to games (yet). That's most likely the reasoning behind such coding.

I grew up down the street from this retailer, never ordered from them online before, but there's no way these guys are selling bootleg games.

Read up a little about them before spouting off, people. They're a small town Ohio chain, and this is almost certainly a pricing error, not some way to scam you with crappy products.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']^ I disagree 100%. My shit better be official, or I'm suing somebody. I was sent a Spanish version of Too Human and prompty got rid of that bull shit.[/QUOTE]

Well, that is a different case and not what I'm talking about. I would not want a Spanish/German/Ghana version of any game. I actually mean if I was sent a game that was not straight from the factory (but it was a normal copy) I wouldn't mind.

I would not want a different version of a game though.

I purchased Mini Ninjas from them and the site still says it's released tomorrow. I'll keep you all updated when I do get the order whether it's legit or not ( USPS says from their zip code to mine, Media Mail should take 7 days ). I don't think it's going to be a bootleg or anything. I agree that the DVD-A thing just looks like a possible placeholder for not having a games category in their system. Let's hope this is a good place for future purchases, because these are some sweet deals on a lot of good, upcoming games.

ok..placed order for Punch Out Wii for $29.99 plus shipping. Back ordered but I will keep folks posted.

Chooka

Its clear that the site is legit from the good reviews I have read, but, none of those reviewers bought games...

I don't really think there is a reason to think the games are bootlegs. More likely a pricing error.

[quote name='xgemini87']Couldn't you just use this site at Best Buy to price match???[/QUOTE]

No, probably not. Even if you have a local Finders Records near you they state that their site and store prices may differ. Plus, the deal is on preorders and best buy won't match preorders.

No you can't, plus this isn't the thread to be asking those questions.

I still think the prices are set right, and it's just a way of them to get the word out there, that they are now selling games. They will most likely go to the more standard pricing in the future. So if everything checks out, I'd use this place as much as I can before they start charging full price.

It is the right thread to ask if it is a better and more legit deal than this, buddy....

You aren't even saving that much even if this is a legit site, since you gotta pay for shipping. There's always gonna be deals out there. Just be patient and don't risk getting your crap stolen from some random site...

[quote name='xgemini87']It is the right thread to ask if it is a better and more legit deal than this, buddy....

You aren't even saving that much even if this is a legit site, since you gotta pay for shipping. There's always gonna be deals out there. Just be patient and don't risk getting your crap stolen from some random site...[/QUOTE]

Which is why most people are waiting for feedback from those that have already ordered. There's overwhelming evidence that these guys are legitimate, the only indication that something's amiss is that their games happen to be absurdly cheap. Besides, the ~$3 shipping works as an even greater discount if you don't have to pay $6 tax.

I don't know about the new video games, but I do know that the store, Finders, is a real store in my town and has been around for at least the 3 years I've lived here.

So it doesn't seem as likely that they are out to scam anyone.

[quote name='Boomsta']Which is why most people are waiting for feedback from those that have already ordered. There's overwhelming evidence that these guys are legitimate, the only indication that something's amiss is that their games happen to be absurdly cheap. Besides, the ~$3 shipping works as an even greater discount if you don't have to pay $6 tax.[/QUOTE]

When he said that the preorders deals aren't as good as Best Buy, which I think he is specifically referring to "B1G1HO", I want to shake my head. I don't see how $39.99 for a preorder + $3 shipping could even be considered bad.

I live nearby the B&M store and I'll echo the sentiments that for CDs they are the absolute best but I've never ordered anything off their website, and the last time I was there (maybe a year ago) they didnt have any Video games so I cant speak for that.

I just picture someone getting back from a long labor day weekend, and finding 50,000 orders in their system that is set up for maybe 100 orders a week, and finding out that someone put in the wrong margins, thus selling the games below cost.

[quote name='foxdvd']I just picture someone getting back from a long labor day weekend, and finding 50,000 orders in their system that is set up for maybe 100 orders a week, and finding out that someone put in the wrong margins, thus selling the games below cost.[/QUOTE]

lol. I've seen this posted on gamefaq, slickdeals, some no name deal sites, etc...so the word is getting out. But they are all waiting for us CAGs to confirm this first.

[quote name='steveinneed']When he said that the preorders deals aren't as good as Best Buy, which I think he is specifically referring to "B1G1HO", I want to shake my head. I don't see how $39.99 for a preorder + $3 shipping could even be considered bad.[/QUOTE]

if it was 39.99 i'd agree... but its not... its 45.

At worst you'll get the same deal you can find with BB's B1G1 half off. But there are a few games that are fantastic bargains for brand new releases. I won't list them here because anyone truly interested can look them up themselves.

[quote name='ZCG']At worst you'll get the same deal you *could* find with BB's B1G1 half off. But there are a few games that are fantastic bargains for brand new releases. I won't list them here because anyone truly interested can look them up themselves.[/QUOTE]

fixt. How many people actually got their order through? I should probably clarify that i'm talking about the preorders.

It is weird that they are charging as soon as you order, but it's most likely the initial charge for verification. Will just have to wait and see how it goes for you guys that already ordered.

[quote name='steveinneed']fixt. How many people actually got their order through? I should probably clarify that i'm talking about the preorders.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the fix ;-) I guess we'll have to wait & see to find out if our orders are accepted. By the way I was talking about pre-orders as currently available games.

Looks like the site is getting pounded. Site is down atm. also search doesnt seem to be working when I tried. Searched for PS3 and it came back with nothing.

[quote name='xgemini87']all the games say "backordered" ... so im willing to say that this is bogus.....[/QUOTE]

Mini Ninjas still says "Pre-order" for me. I did notice some things that were Backordered now say "Pre-Order". I thought that was strange. Also, it seems the spiffed up the search from the front page? Or has it always been slick like that? Made it easier to search for game by console.

[quote name='goMaki']Mini Ninjas still says "Pre-order" for me. I did notice some things that were Backordered now say "Pre-Order". I thought that was strange. Also, it seems the spiffed up the search from the front page? Or has it always been slick like that? Made it easier to search for game by console.[/QUOTE]

all the already released games tho say backordered so it makes you wonder...

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']^^^

Bootlegs as I suggested. I cannot imagine anyway that these games are so cheap. Everyone here probably does know that retailers do not set gaming prices, the publisher does. That's why every game is $59.99, and when something goes on sale (say, $5.00 off) the deal cycles from store to store (Best Buy has it first, then Target etc.)

Unless they are getting games not directly from the publisher (aka, bootleg) they are not able to set their own prices.[/QUOTE]

Everyone here probably does NOT know that, because it's not true. The MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) is just that - the price the manufacturer/publisher suggests they price a game at.

Once a store has the product, in only very rare cases can the manufacturer control the price (usually high end boutique items where they have the pull to enforce it). Any retailer can sell any game for any price they want. They don't have to get a sale 'authorized' by every publisher - that's just absurd.

Simple proof of this is the current Best Buy deal. If i buy one game, i get a second at half price. Since that second game can be any game it means I can get any game I want for $30, and no publisher has a say about it. Which is as it is, and as it should be, since it's up to the retailer to set retail price, not the publisher.

Also, I seriously doubt they are bootlegs. In fact, I'm sure they aren't based on the history of the store. As previously mentioned, I preordered 3 games. I saw the DVD-a line and immediately thought the same thing someone else here has already stated - they didn't have a option (or clue) as to what to call PS3 games in their system yet. Not a big deal.

[quote name='sirplue']do they price guarantee? What of all the prices are placer holder and once release day comes...BOOM[/QUOTE]

boom what? a respected company charges your credit card for an amount you didn't agree to? all holy hell would rain down upon them from the credit card companies, and it would destroy their business.

i don't know what the discount retailers get on games is, but i do know other industries - and retailers are often paying only 30-50% of the retail price for a product (or less, depending on industry - books, for example, generally are sold to store at 55% less than MSRP). Selling a $60 item for $45 or even $40 isn't impossible. Someone here that works in the industry could probably tell us what the current retail discount is for console games, but my guess is that it would allow a $40 price tag + shipping without losing money.

All these young CAGs assuming that "there's no way this is real" need a history lesson, stat.

This has happened before where a legitimate brick & mortar entity tries to drum up some interest for their new online gaming business by offering cheap pre-order offers. Look up LionGames.com and their initial set of deals. $42 Mass Effect, BioShock, and GTA4, anyone?

Now hopefully this ends better than LionGames.com.

[quote name='Twizz']Maybe I didn't look hard enough but there doesn't seem to be a Paypal payment option.[/QUOTE]

That's what the Paypal plug-in is for.

[quote name='ckranger11']All these young CAGs assuming that "there's no way this is real" need a history lesson, stat.

This has happened before where a legitimate brick & mortar entity tries to drum up some interest for their new online gaming business by offering cheap pre-order offers. Look up LionGames.com and their initial set of deals. $42 Mass Effect, BioShock, and GTA4, anyone?

Now hopefully this ends better than LionGames.com.[/QUOTE]

Lion Games is exactly what I was thinking of too. They were trying to launch an online store and had some fantastic deals to attract business. They were totally legit and had great customer service. I pre-ordered Halo 3 from them at a significant discount. Hopefully this will turn out to be something similar. Also, as ckranger11 said, this will hopefully turn out better for them than it did for Lion Games.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I went to college in ohio, finders was the place to go to find good hard to find cds at good prices. They're definitely a legit company and I agree with MikeC and cdranger. They're new to this and they are creating buzz.
I'm gonna take advantage of this while I can.

Mini Ninjas was shipped this morning and they gave me a TN. Nothing on the TN, but USPS never updates that well anyway. 7 day wait begins....

I'm not seeing why this is such an amazing deal myself... Amazon - ECA - GB = ~$50 pre-orders while this after shipping comes to ~44, assuming no tax. I would personally much rather pay $6 and have a faster delivery and a reputable seller. I guess I'm just not as much of a hardcore CAG as some of you :p

bread's done
Back