Finders Records: Amazing 39.99 dollar pre-orders!

Pinnacle

CAGiversary!
I just pre-ordered Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2 and Alpha Protocol for 39.99 each. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is for 45 bucks.

Just type the name of the game you want to search for in the search box called "title".

This little music site is apparently getting into videogames. I found them during a google search for the best price on Dragon age.

I'm gonna order some tomorrow ... you also have to take in the fact that they are just getting in the game market more than likely ... to get customers you have to give them something they want first, like a deal

[quote name='xgemini87']you ppl write too much. dont wanna read all your crap that isnt useful considering no ones gotten anything yet...[/QUOTE]

And you're contributing to the crap. Way to go, asshole. :applause:

[quote name='xgemini87']you ppl write too much. dont wanna read all your crap that isnt useful considering no ones gotten anything yet...[/QUOTE]

Cag in Training huh... Who's training this guy?!!!

I'm sure I don't need it and/or it won't go through... but I bit on the Renegade Edition of DJ Hero (why? I don't know...)

very tempting... but if it is in fact an error, it could likely be fixed before november when l4d2 and modern warfare 2 come out!

[quote name='arrtee121']very tempting... but if it is in fact an error, it could likely be fixed before november when l4d2 and modern warfare 2 come out![/QUOTE]
I can understand a company having an error on their ordering site. But they have had plenty of time now to correct the error.

Called my CC company, told them the situation, they called Finders Records and verified that it was a database mistake, and my CC company made the store cancel my MW2 order. I suggest everyone else do the same.

[quote name='ezzi110']Called my CC company, told them the situation, they called Finders Records and verified that it was a database mistake, and my CC company made the store cancel my MW2 order. I suggest everyone else do the same.[/QUOTE]
and they still have these items for sale on their website.

[quote name='ezzi110']Called my CC company, told them the situation, they called Finders Records and verified that it was a database mistake, and my CC company made the store cancel my MW2 order. I suggest everyone else do the same.[/QUOTE]

Well this sucks. Lol

Ok well, its now officially DAY 5 of the longest "Database Error" in history. Come on, if its a mistake they need to take these off their website or shut it down completely. There is NO WAY they don't know about this by now. If it truly is a mistake they at least need to say so on their homepage. How long would that take? Five Minutes?

Granted, I expected all of this to be an error but its seems kind of funny that they have No Problem charging everyones Credit Cards?

I think the database error has been fixed. I just tried to search for some games on the website and it didn't seem to work.

[quote name='arrtee121']I think the database error has been fixed. I just tried to search for some games on the website and it didn't seem to work.[/QUOTE]

Just noticed this a little bit ago, as well. It's amazing it took them so long to fix it.

*Roxy*

I got from the discussion I had with the manager they're a very small staff and the online catalog is handled off-sight, so the process is more involved than just doing it on their local pc's. I didn't want to sound like some vulture swooping in on a fresh kill (price slash) the guy seemed rather stressed and was trying to figure out how in the hell so many orders were coming in, he was very considerate witih me and seemed honest in his words so I didn't doubt the man.

The charge from my preorder of ratchet and clank is now gone from my online debit statement, so it seems they are correcting it now.

goMaki you ordered something & got some sort of shipping confirmation that said it was on it's way to you right? I'm just dying to know if your order was canceled & if so then what explanation was given for the delivery confirmation info.

Confirmed glitch. I called Finders Records today after using Google checkout last night to place the order. Greg at finders indicated there was some glitch in an FTP upload which merged someone else's database into theirs. They don't even sell games, only music.

He stated any order placed for a game will not be processed and canceled at some point in time. He also stated if anything gets charged to call them back and they will correct it.

I've since then sent an email through google checkout to finders asking them to cancel my order, just so I have record in case I need to dispute any charges with my CC company.

Greg also sounded frustrated about the whole thing.. Not at me, but at this glitch.. He did apologize. I'm assuming they're getting tons of calls. Especially since they have the best price in all of the U.S.A. =)

They should probably correct it before the Attorney Generals Office for Ohio gets involved. This is false advertisement.

[quote name='ZCG']goMaki you ordered something & got some sort of shipping confirmation that said it was on it's way to you right? I'm just dying to know if your order was canceled & if so then what explanation was given for the delivery confirmation info.[/QUOTE]

Yes, my order did ship and they also gave me a Tracking Number. It's still saying that it arrived at the shipping partners facility in Carson, CA ( I am in the Bay Area, CA ). Mail hasn't been delivered yet today, but I wouldn't expect it until tomorrow or Monday going by what USPS estimates are. I now wonder if I will even get it. lol I sure hope so.

Reading so many different stories about contacting Finders is getting confusing. They seem to say they don't sell video games, yet my order shipped and everything. All I can do is wait for the package. I'll definitely post a pic if/when I get it.

*Roxy*

Game came today.

DSCN0563.jpg

It says "Finders Records" on the outside of the packaging and on the packing slip. Packaging was a bit horrible; some sticky bubble envelope that made me have to peel the game out of the mailer. Otherwise, very happy for the price. =)

*Roxy*

I can't believe you actually received a game from a mom & pop store that doesn't sell video games...wow...how much did you get it for?

Well it's pretty understandable actually, if he got is order in very early, and Finders uses a Drop Ship Distributor,
The Distributor is the one who has the games and it's in the inventory list they send to Finders (which is usually in a spreadsheet data format) That has to be converted into what ever their online store uses (filtering what they don't have out) which is where the problem happened

By using a dropship company and they may have more than one, it allows the business to have a ton of variety but limited on-site stock. Plus the amount of staff Finders has to have is minimum. The problem is when a error is made in the settings of the filter or off by a column you get problems which can be hard to find. Add in the fact your order may be under hundreds of others you got lucky.

I've worked with small businesses set up similar systems and its a easy have a error pop up and a bit hard to find source luckily it was just one media (DVD-A) You just got lucky and it slipped through, When the distributor sends the invoice to Finders they'll get the eye-opener that one slipped through !! LoL Enjoy!

I've dealt with Greg and others at Finders in my past line of business.... they are a first class operation
sorry to those who were expecting the prices noted in this thread but I had no doubt when I saw it that this was an error (not of their doing)

I've too was impressed with how calm he was and the young girl who first took my called didn't hesitate one minute saying "sure we can help you, I'll have to Greg our manager to help you" and he's out but will be right back & give you a call. Sure enough withing minutes the phone rang and it was Greg. Ive spoken to many small businesses and a situation like this could be a potential nightmare and stressful especially when you don't have much you can do but cancel things manually in most cases.. In all he still was great with me as a consumer, but I also didn't have huge order just a question over pending chargers for an order that didn't get accepted for some reason

I've searched through my web browsing "History" & can only seem to find 3 of the games I looked at. These pages are no longer functioning in that I can't add them to my cart. The "PS3" portion of the description is no longer highlighted, but it remains clickable, yet goes nowhere. But I did discover that on the Finders website "My Cart" still shows two pre-order games I added. I'm sure if I were to actually place the order it would be canceled. I wonder if I wait for the games to actually release & then put my order through...what would happen.

Since goMaki actually received a game with Finders' name on the receipt & shipping envelope I'm guessing this place is planning on selling video games in the future. There definitely was a mistake with the website though. They made the website publicly available far too soon & showed their own cost of each game. Yeah, this is pure speculation, but it makes sense to me at the moment.

Hmm, I dont think I like how the Mini Ninja on the cover in goMaki's pic with the included packing slip is taunting the rest of us over this missed deal. That smug little bastard! :lol:

Congrats on the deal goMaki!

Last edited by a moderator:
my pre-order was canceled.

actually, it's a bit more 'passive' than that - from what i can tell (and based on conversations with my cc) finder's simply isn't authorizing anything - basically, they need to 'confirm' each charge before it's actually processed and have 3 days to do so. if they don't confirm it, it disappears. my cc company basically told me to wait a few days and it would most likely just go away on it's own. it did.

Same here. My charge was "Pending" for a few days. It was cancelled and I got all my money back. Stil,l wish I could have got the games though. Oh, well.

Wish I would have jumped on this when it was hot on the games already out, but I can't really blame myself for trying not to get scammed so hard my wallet burns.

Guys...here's the deal. I had placed two orders and recently received an email indicating my first order was cancelled. I emailed their customer service department and here is their response:

Very unfortunately, we do not actually sell video games. We're having
a glitch with a component of our store that is making it appear that
we have video games for sale. We're very sorry but we're unable to
fulfill video game orders. When you make a purchase through our store
your bank is checked for sufficient funds, that's the activity you're
seeing in your bank statement. However you are not ever charged unless
the item physically ships. The bank activity you see will correct
itself very shortly. Thank again and we apologize for the inconvenience!

Brian
Finders Records

bread's done
Back