Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

[quote name='SEGAMew']Still waiting for my Pikachu or Charizard 3DS XL.[/QUOTE]

This.....I would have imported that Charizard one if it wasnt for the damn region lock. I love Pokemon edition consoles, I'v already had like 4 or 5 different ones.

As somebody who has the means to upgrade, I have 0 desire to get the XL. I've played on a friend's and between the stretched screen, and poor sound, and the overall design (looks more toy-like than I'd like - although the start/select are much better) I can see why many still prefer the original.

I just bought a 3DS XL a week ago so yeah, unless it was a really special edition model that is a must have, I'm happy to stick with my system. I am very excited for Fire Emblem though so I can't wait for Feb. 4th :)

[quote name='centarian07']As somebody who has the means to upgrade, I have 0 desire to get the XL. I've played on a friend's and between the stretched screen, and poor sound, and the overall design (looks more toy-like than I'd like - although the start/select are much better) I can see why many still prefer the original.[/QUOTE]

I recently upgraded to the XL and I have no problems with it at all other than the light blue color. I haven't noticed a huge difference in sound (and I prefer to use headphones, anyway), and I absolutely love the matte finish (no more finger smudges, finally! Not to mention it just feels much, much nicer to me), the more responsive circle pad (in my experience, at least - my old 3DS's circle pad was a little finicky at times), and the start/select/home buttons.

Can't see myself going back.

[quote name='centarian07']As somebody who has the means to upgrade, I have 0 desire to get the XL. I've played on a friend's and between the stretched screen, and poor sound, and the overall design (looks more toy-like than I'd like - although the start/select are much better) I can see why many still prefer the original.[/QUOTE]

The poor sound is due to surround sound being set by default. It's easily remedied by setting it to mono.

Actually this is supposed to be an Xl. According to Nintendoeverything.com it is a rumor but it is a 3DS XL bundle. Been waiting on something like this to get an Xl. We should know soon. Love my original 3Ds but a bigger screen and the design is just awesome. Hopefully this is Xl.

Sorry must have misread or something they have clarified that it is regular and not Xl. Please disregard post thanks
Should have been an Xl and it would sell much better

Johnny b

This 3DS looks nice. I already have a 3DS XL, but I might consider this. Especially, if a a circle pad pro for the 3DS XL is produced and turns out to be too clunky/bulky for me.

[quote name='maximumzero']
large.jpg

The XL wishes it looked this badass.[/QUOTE]

It is nice. Love the blue and etching. Still have my sealed Zelda bundle unopened and I do want this FE. This might put me over the edge to buy and use the FE version.

The pic looks like a regular 3DS vs. a current XL. However, you never know, it could be just a mock up. Very very tempting if it makes it to the US.

[quote name='alangst']Hmmm.... 3ds talk always gets me drooling. Anyone know the trade in value at GS for a DS Lite?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's something like $15, so $30 with double TIV

exactly. i actually bought the XL because it was seemingly better. the stretched screen alone was enough for me to get rid of it. the only thing i liked better was the stylus location

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']This 3DS looks nice. I already have a 3DS XL, but I might consider this. Especially, if a a circle pad pro for the 3DS XL is produced and turns out to be too clunky/bulky for me.[/QUOTE]

I really like the circle pad pro for the 3ds XL way more then the one for the regular 3ds. I ordered one from play asia for 25$. Its no too big and bulky in my opinion. Makes the XL feel sturdier.

to each their own opinion, i personally like the XL more than the original 3ds. The screen did not really stretch out the games really, they made it work.

[quote name='Nagasami']to each their own opinion, i personally like the XL more than the original 3ds. The screen did not really stretch out the games really, they made it work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so far I only really noticed the stretching on a few games. Theatrhythm was one of them, and KH:3D too for me. Other than that, DS games look awesome on it, and some 3DS games look even better with the bigger screen.

Only things I don't like about the XL are the downgraded speakers and the 3D crosstalk seems to poke it's head much more readily.

[quote name='Johnnyb']Sorry must have misread or something they have clarified that it is regular and not Xl. Please disregard post thanks
Should have been an Xl and it would sell much better

Johnny b[/QUOTE]

Goes to show you that their North American marketing team fucking sucks. If I was in charge, I'd make sure I'd do focus testing, asking the demographic interested in the game which size system they'd like bundled with it.

I remember wanting to import this last year, ha.

It's kinda crazy how hard NoA has been pushing the Fire Emblem brand recently.

[quote name='Xiemos']Only things I don't like about the XL are the downgraded speakers and the 3D crosstalk seems to poke it's head much more readily.[/QUOTE]

The speakers aren't downgraded. They're just set to surround by default. Make it stereo or mono and you'll hear a massive difference.

[quote name='orcishlad']I remember wanting to import this last year, ha.

It's kinda crazy how hard NoA has been pushing the Fire Emblem brand recently.[/QUOTE]

We're still missing the first one to turn off permadeath.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Goes to show you that their North American marketing team fucking sucks. If I was in charge, I'd make sure I'd do focus testing, asking the demographic interested in the game which size system they'd like bundled with it.[/QUOTE]

...it isn't an XL in Japan either, dude. This has nothing to do with focus tests or North American marketing teams.

[quote name='Nintendonly']The speakers aren't downgraded. They're just set to surround by default. Make it stereo or mono and you'll hear a massive difference.[/QUOTE]

I second this. I had the exact same problem with my 3DS, too, thinking that the speakers were horrible until I went to the sound options and noticed that they were set to surround. Switching them to stereo made them sound so much better.

Same goes for the 3DS XL. I still have my original 3DS, did a side-by-side comparison, and can't really hear a difference.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Goes to show you that their North American marketing team fucking sucks. If I was in charge, I'd make sure I'd do focus testing, asking the demographic interested in the game which size system they'd like bundled with it.[/QUOTE]

What do you do for a living?

[quote name='maximumzero']Of course. They didn't stop producing the DSi when the DSiXL came out, why would they stop producing the 3DS?[/QUOTE]

Because the XL can actually play DS games without them looking like poop. Sorry, but it's the truth. I traded in the regular for an XL when the XL arrived and never liked how DS games looked on the regular 3DS.

[quote name='TotalHenshin']Because the XL can actually play DS games without them looking like poop. Sorry, but it's the truth. I traded in the regular for an XL when the XL arrived and never liked how DS games looked on the regular 3DS.[/QUOTE]

I have a ds lite. is it better to get a 3ds or 3ds xl?

[quote name='The Punisher']I have a ds lite. is it better to get a 3ds or 3ds xl?[/QUOTE]

You should go to the store and try both out. See what feels better in your hand. It's really a personal preference.

[quote name='confoosious']What do you do for a living?[/QUOTE]

I work in retail, and I know for a fact that the schmucks getting paid 6 digits shouldn't have those jobs. Especially with Nintendo's marketing teams, they automatically assume that the general public that they aim their ads at are intelligent (hint: they're not). Look at the Wii U's marketing, and tell me that isn't terribad. Every single customer that has asked me about it thought that it was a controller add-on for the Wii akin to the uDraw.

If I was in their position, I'd make sure to get all of the multiplatform titles that the PS3 and Xbox 360 are getting going forward and advertise the hell out of them (GTA V especially), because the future of the console looks worse than the Wii's, and Nintendo's diehards aren't going to save them. A lot of them have moved on.

When it comes to Fire Emblem, there's no need for NoA to try to sell the franchise to a grandmother or an athlete. The series is for the truly hardcore gamer, so it would only make sense to gather a group of those types of people and ask them which 3DS model they want as part of the bundle. The fact that nearly everyone is saying that they'd jump on this bundle if it was the 3DS XL shows that the people in charge of these decisions did not do their jobs.

Also, another reason why I'd be better than them at advertising-

tumblr_mgfiur3KVl1rk0497o1_1280.jpg

Why the hell are they showing a shot of a 3DS XL if it's not part of that deal? Never give your customers a chance to claim false advertising like that.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I work in retail, and I know for a fact that the schmucks getting paid 6 digits shouldn't have those jobs. Especially with Nintendo's marketing teams, they automatically assume that the general public that they aim their ads at are intelligent (hint: they're not). Look at the Wii U's marketing, and tell me that isn't terribad. Every single customer that has asked me about it thought that it was a controller add-on for the Wii akin to the uDraw.

If I was in their position, I'd make sure to get all of the multiplatform titles that the PS3 and Xbox 360 are getting going forward and advertise the hell out of them (GTA V especially), because the future of the console looks worse than the Wii's, and Nintendo's diehards aren't going to save them. A lot of them have moved on.

When it comes to Fire Emblem, there's no need for NoA to try to sell the franchise to a grandmother or an athlete. The series is for the truly hardcore gamer, so it would only make sense to gather a group of those types of people and ask them which 3DS model they want as part of the bundle. The fact that nearly everyone is saying that they'd jump on this bundle if it was the 3DS XL shows that the people in charge of these decisions did not do their jobs.[/QUOTE]

This is the same unit they sold in Japan. Doing an XL version would require an extra expense to retool. It sold out there and it will sell out here. Nintendo knows what they're doing when it comes to moving limited editions.

[quote name='bojay1997']This is the same unit they sold in Japan. Doing an XL version would require an extra expense to retool. It sold out there and it will sell out here. Nintendo knows what they're doing when it comes to moving limited editions.[/QUOTE]

Japan is a totally different market with different tastes, and are very odd when it comes to stuff like that.

Hell, Windows 8 managed to sell out over there... because the packaging had loli girls on it!

[quote name='itsoverninethousand']ITT: I want to work for Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I really wouldn't want to work for them. Maybe Sony, though. I'm just pointing out some flaws in their choices.

Guess im jumping on to order one assuming it really does come to the us. Already imported the jpn ver jus to have it n to play my imports.

Am I the only person who has a subscription to Game Informer? I can verify that the ad is real. It is part of a 4 page ad that Nintendo is running for the game.

The bundle is a 3DS and the game comes pre-installed on the hardware.

[quote name='outunderstars']the game comes pre-installed on the hardware.[/QUOTE]
This might kill the deal for me (though I already had a purple 3DS to begin with).

Was interested in picking up a CE 3DS since I missed out on the OoT one, and this looked to be the good purchase.

[quote name='outunderstars']Am I the only person who has a subscription to Game Informer? I can verify that the ad is real. It is part of a 4 page ad that Nintendo is running for the game.

The bundle is a 3DS and the game comes pre-installed on the hardware.[/QUOTE]

That kills the bundle for me. Ive been wanting this bundle the day I saw it but hearing this puts me off. Id rather have a physical copy.

[quote name='outunderstars']Am I the only person who has a subscription to Game Informer? I can verify that the ad is real. It is part of a 4 page ad that Nintendo is running for the game.

The bundle is a 3DS and the game comes pre-installed on the hardware.[/QUOTE]

Actually can you verify this with a picture?,

bread's done
Back