Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

I would guess it's not an XL because they are using the exact same design as the Japanese bundle which launched before the XL even came out. Seeing as how I already own the Zelda LE 3DS, I agree it would be nice if this was a XL instead...

[quote name='The Punisher']I have a ds lite. is it better to get a 3ds or 3ds xl?[/QUOTE]

Get an XL. Matte finish, bigger buttons, bigger screens, and improved battery life.

[quote name='alangst']I didn't realize Fire Emblem was that big of a game to warrant a bundle...especially stateside. Are the games any good? It's a Srpg right?[/QUOTE]

May be difficult to find as well.

I'm stoked for this! Honestly I'm very happy it's not a 3dsxl. I carry my handhelds with me and I don't need a huge 3dsxl weighing my pants down.

My only complaint is the game being pre installed. FE games tend to get a little on the rare side so it would've been cool to have a physical copy.

Wait the game is located on the SD card right? Could you put it onto another 3DS or do you have to transfer it? Never tried this before so I wouldn't know.

[quote name='MunkichioO']
IMG_20130111_000610_zps849f4530.jpg

how nice it really looks :D (sorry my phone camera sucks)[/QUOTE]

Holy....... That..... is..... beautiful...

[quote name='diazt350']Wait the game is located on the SD card right? Could you put it onto another 3DS or do you have to transfer it? Never tried this before so I wouldn't know.[/QUOTE]

depends some games you can transfer some you cant...

[quote name='Nintendonly']I work in retail, and I know for a fact that the schmucks getting paid 6 digits shouldn't have those jobs.[/QUOTE]

This guy has it all figured out

Get an XL. Matte finish, bigger buttons, bigger screens, and improved battery life.

Buttons are about the same size, I think, but they're different and better.

Differences are:

-Better battery
-Better buttons (including the system buttons and the 3D slider)
-Better stylus placement
-Far, far more comfortable
-Bigger screens
-Significant reduction in reflection on screens

XL is a much better machine, but I do however think the original 3DS looked better. The XL looks a better in person than in images but it still looks kinda cheap and dated whereas the OG 3DS looked nice and pretty modern, especially the ones with the three tone design.

If only something could be done about that 240p display.... ugh... 3D was such a waste to put in there, it really stunted what it could have been from a more practical perspective.

[quote name='Nintendonly']

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

[/QUOTE]

What retailer is this picture from?

I'm starting to think I might back out of this now. It looks so good though.

Edit: fuck it I'll get this and if there is a Pokemon 3DS XL I'll get that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see what's wrong with the pre-installed game. I have Super Mario 3D Land, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and Mario Kart 7 installed on my 3DS, and it's pretty damn convenient. The only downside is if the 3DS gets broken, lost, or stolen you lose are your games, but it's a risk I'm willing to take for convenience.

So many XL fanboys in here. The original 3DS will always be superior. Sure, battery isn't as good, but it's clunky and that matte finish is ugly.

Everything else is the same. Oh and XLs apparently scratch the hell out of the lower screen lmao. So much for 'better quality'!

Original > XL

That being said, this bundle looks cool...but not worth it, with the stupid games being pre-installed.

[quote name='toxicinzanity']What retailer is this picture from?[/QUOTE]

Game Informer magazine, which is owned by GameStop.

How much room do pre-installed games usually take? The 3ds has 2gb and the XL 4 gb internal storage right?

Curious because I'm also considering a XL pre-installed with MarioKart 7.

[quote name='alangst']How much room do pre-installed games usually take? The 3ds has 2gb and the XL 4 gb internal storage right?

Curious because I'm also considering a XL pre-installed with MarioKart 7.[/QUOTE]

Hold on, let me check for you as I have that 3DS XL.

EDIT: Mario Kart 7 showed up as 5,081 blocks on my 3DS XL, whatever that converts to in megabytes/gigabytes.

EDIT2: About 635 megabytes, or 0.64 gigabytes.

[quote name='DarkMario616']So many XL fanboys in here. The original 3DS will always be superior. Sure, battery isn't as good, but it's clunky and that matte finish is ugly.

Everything else is the same. Oh and XLs apparently scratch the hell out of the lower screen lmao. So much for 'better quality'!

Original > XL

That being said, this bundle looks cool...but not worth it, with the stupid games being pre-installed.[/QUOTE]

There's the 90% larger screens, much better stylus (and stylus placement), better headphone jack placement (having it right in the middle of the console caused me trouble more often than not), and the 3D effect functions better than the original's.

The matte finish being superior or inferior is, of course, a matter of opinion. I've had no problems with the bottom screen and scratching, either.

Judging from your post, you haven't had an XL and taken any time to give a proper comparison. Again, I'm not a fan at all of the color, but as I've gotten older, I've learned not to let things like that bother me (not to mention you can't even see the shell's color while playing).

[quote name='prateeko']My god it's beautiful[/QUOTE]

lol.

yes...yes it is. a shame it isn't a XL bundle, though it makes me feel a little better for some reason that it is i not after getting the mario kart XL bundle.

I actually prefer the regular 3DS since the XL is pretty much a giant screen with SVGA resolution which makes everything even look more pixelated.

Select/Home/Start button design is terrible on the 3DS.

The XL totally fixed that by having actual buttons. Who the fuck knows what Nintendo was going for in that original design.

[quote name='ProudLoz']I don't see what's wrong with the pre-installed game. I have Super Mario 3D Land, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and Mario Kart 7 installed on my 3DS, and it's pretty damn convenient. The only downside is if the 3DS gets broken, lost, or stolen you lose are your games, but it's a risk I'm willing to take for convenience.[/QUOTE]

if your lucky and call in to nintendo and be very nice to them they may transfer games off a busted system to a new system for free ( you have to send both of them in) if they wont its like 90 bucks but your system will be under warranty for 1 year

i got a dsi xl off ebay years ago and half of the buttons did not work... called up nintendo and they fixxed it for free as a one time offer

i had a 3ds going out on me (i was able to do the transfer myself) but they said if i sent in both systems they would of done the transfer for me for free as a one time thing... just depends on who you get

[quote name='diazt350']Wait the game is located on the SD card right? Could you put it onto another 3DS or do you have to transfer it? Never tried this before so I wouldn't know.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is you would have to system transfer if you want it to be read in a different 3DS.

[quote name='DarkMario616']So many XL fanboys in here. The original 3DS will always be superior. Sure, battery isn't as good, but it's clunky and that matte finish is ugly.

Original > XL

That being said, this bundle looks cool...but not worth it, with the stupid games being pre-installed.[/QUOTE]

Also it's opinions on which version is better. I like bigger screen and matte finish. I like the better feel in buttons, but I still don't like the Power/Start buttons. And the whole screen scratch thing. That was for the original 3DS that had the screen scratch issue on the top screen. And this could be prevented if you used a screen protector or played a cloth between to get between the two. XL bumpers pretty much prevented this. Though I'm sure it can still happen. The "wide spread" issue was from regular 3DS.

[quote name='prateeko']So this is actually coming out in the US?[/QUOTE]

Several people have confirmed that it's in the latest issue (February) of Game Informer.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I work in retail, and I know for a fact that the schmucks getting paid 6 digits shouldn't have those jobs. Especially with Nintendo's marketing teams, they automatically assume that the general public that they aim their ads at are intelligent (hint: they're not). Look at the Wii U's marketing, and tell me that isn't terribad. Every single customer that has asked me about it thought that it was a controller add-on for the Wii akin to the uDraw.

If I was in their position, I'd make sure to get all of the multiplatform titles that the PS3 and Xbox 360 are getting going forward and advertise the hell out of them (GTA V especially), because the future of the console looks worse than the Wii's, and Nintendo's diehards aren't going to save them. A lot of them have moved on.

When it comes to Fire Emblem, there's no need for NoA to try to sell the franchise to a grandmother or an athlete. The series is for the truly hardcore gamer, so it would only make sense to gather a group of those types of people and ask them which 3DS model they want as part of the bundle. The fact that nearly everyone is saying that they'd jump on this bundle if it was the 3DS XL shows that the people in charge of these decisions did not do their jobs.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure using "terribad" automatically precludes you from getting a high paying job. You can't use CAG (or any single source) as a method for figuring out how to create your products. That's just silly.

Anyway, I love by XL but I gotta think the etching of the FE logo on an XL wouldn't be nearly as tight. (And I don't mean that in a "shit is tight, yo" way.) I think the squarishness of the 3DS makes more sense. I prefer the XL but that won't keep me from buying one of these bad boys.

I hope this isn't a GS exclusive like the art book.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm pretty sure using "terribad" automatically precludes you from getting a high paying job. You can't use CAG as a method for figuring out how to create your products. That's just silly.[/QUOTE]

I don't think using the word "schmuck" would, either. I'm just pointing out my first-hand experience, being a retail employee having to sell the damn things, that the marketing teams behind these choices are highly questionable. And I'm not saying that they should use CAG as an example, but maybe they should gather a group of people interested in the game, and then ask them which 3DS they would like bundled with the system. Odds are the majority would opt for the XL.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Honestly, if this is true, I'll be sorely tempted to buy it just because it's Fire Emblem-related. Doesn't matter that I already have both a 3DS and 3DS XL.

...have I made it clear how much I love the series yet?[/QUOTE]

What's the point of having a 3DS & XL, in this economy sell one and make some money. :)

[quote name='Lonedrifter1989']What's the point of having a 3DS & XL, in this economy sell one and make some money. :)[/QUOTE]

I've personally come to the conclusion that the trade-in values and/or second-hand market values for video games isn't worth the odds of regretting it afterwards.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I don't think using the word "schmuck" would, either. I'm just pointing out my first-hand experience, being a retail employee having to sell the damn things, that the marketing teams behind these choices are highly questionable. And I'm not saying that they should use CAG as an example, but maybe they should gather a group of people interested in the game, and then ask them which 3DS they would like bundled with the system. Odds are the majority would opt for the XL.[/QUOTE]

1. That's your opinion.
2. You don't know that they haven't done gathered and polled a bunch of target people.
3. Cost factors into the equation
4. Art factors into the equation

[quote name='confoosious']1. That's your opinion.
2. You don't know that they haven't done gathered and polled a bunch of target people.
4. Art factors into the equation[/QUOTE]

We are their target market, are we not? Every single thread on this topic, be it GameFAQs, Serene's Forest, NeoGAF, whatever, has had the majority wishing this was bundled with the XL.

If Nintendo even had a poll on their twitter account, that would have done the job.

How is that 3DS XL screen (quality wise)? How does it display DS Games?

Maybe they wanted a 3DS where both the DS and 3DS game looked halfway decent?

[quote name='GBAstar']How is that 3DS XL screen (quality wise)? How does it display DS Games?

Maybe they wanted a 3DS where both the DS and 3DS game looked halfway decent?[/QUOTE]

DS games look better on a 3DS XL, especially when DS games are set to native resolution.

[quote name='GBAstar']How is that 3DS XL screen (quality wise)? How does it display DS Games?

Maybe they wanted a 3DS where both the DS and 3DS game looked halfway decent?[/QUOTE]

Ive been hearing everywhere ds games looks better on xl.

[quote name='Nintendonly']We are their target market, are we not? Every single thread on this topic, be it GameFAQs, Serene's Forest, NeoGAF, whatever, has had the majority wishing this was bundled with the XL.

If Nintendo even had a poll on their twitter account, that would have done the job.[/QUOTE]

If you don't want it in original 3DS form, then you are not the target market. The LE Fire Emblem 3DS has already been made since last year in Japan. The design and everything is finish. It would cost Nintendo more money to redesign it for the XL and start production to create the LE FE in XL.

Nintendo has already intended to sell a limited amount of the FE 3DS and I'm pretty sure most of us don't have doubt that the LE FE 3DS would not sell just because it's not XL.

Also, if there was no market for the 3DS, they would have gotten rid of that and just leave the XL.

Any idea of what the price is going to be?

I currently don't have a 3DS. Heck, I don't even have a DS. I know this is not the XL, but I love the design. Not sure if I would actually get this, but depending on the price, I might ravage up some funds from somewhere.

Don't believe it's coming stateside till it's here, too niche of a game I think for the US. If they do an XL version of this baby, I will probably finally fold and get a 3DS.

This game, Res Evil Revelations and that new Castlevania are going to push me over the line. Now where is the next Advance Wars by the way???

[quote name='confoosious']1. That's your opinion.
4. Art factors into the equation[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Nintendonly']We are their target market, are we not? Every single thread on this topic, be it GameFAQs, Serene's Forest, NeoGAF, whatever, has had the majority wishing this was bundled with the XL.

If Nintendo even had a poll on their twitter account, that would have done the job.[/QUOTE]

Ignore him, Nintendonly. He seems to have been officially trolling since 2008 in these forums and various threads.

[quote name='Wetrix']Ignore him, Nintendonly. He seems to have been officially trolling since 2008 in these forums and various threads.[/QUOTE]

lol. Sorry if 4 points that are completely accurate constitute trolling. :roll:

If you want to dispute any of the points I made above, please feel free. However, if all you're gonna do is accuse me of trolling without any basis, then go pound sand.

[quote name='Wetrix']Ignore him, Nintendonly. He seems to have been officially trolling since 2008 in these forums and various threads.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because a couple of forum threads are indicative of what the gaming population as a whole want.

I've come to the conclusion that anyone who uses the word troll now is on the losing side of the argument.

bread's done
Back