Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

[quote name='diazt350']For the last time guys, stop saying it should of been an XL. This came out in Japan before the XL was revealed that's why It's not an XL. The only XL I'll pick up would be that sweet Charizard XL or the Pikachu XL[/QUOTE]

Well although the obvious glaring truth here is that we (most of us) aren't in Japan and they could have modified and released this on the XL here. Realistically though you are probably right and they wouldn't change up things too much here.

I just wonder if anyone from NoA reads posts on here or any other site of people saying, "please just give us something besides the kid-friendly Red/Blue choices we have now...we'll literally buy ANYTHING else"

[quote name='maximumzero']Didn't realize so many people preferred the XL over the standard 3DS.[/QUOTE]
This is America, we prefer everything in XL. :cool:

[quote name='maximumzero']Didn't realize so many people preferred the XL over the standard 3DS.[/QUOTE]

I've never used one, but with the increase in battery life and apparent screen quality and 3D effect, it seems like what most of us wanted from the 3DS from the get-go...minus that second analog stick of course...yes Kid Icarus, you needed this!

[quote name='XT14']I've never used one, but with the increase in battery life and apparent screen quality and 3D effect, it seems like what most of us wanted from the 3DS from the get-go...minus that second analog stick of course...yes Kid Icarus, you needed this![/QUOTE]

The screen quality isn't any better. In fact, it's the same, but looks slightly worse since it's blown up to a bigger size. Also, I find the 3D on my launch 3DS to pop a lot more than the XL I had and returned. I value less pixellation, better pocketabiltiy, and poppier 3D. I think the next 3DS revision will make a lot of XL owners jealous, which is what I'm holding out for.

[quote name='Knightbloom']Terribly excited by this. Kicking myself for having sold my old Ambassador OG 3DS so I can't transfer all of my sweet games to this new one.

But are the XLs really all that much better than the OGs? Other than the bigger screen real estate?[/QUOTE]

did you get extra cash for those games

[quote name='diazt350']For the last time guys, stop saying it should of been an XL. This came out in Japan before the XL was revealed that's why It's not an XL. The only XL I'll pick up would be that sweet Charizard XL or the Pikachu XL[/QUOTE]

so you can look at the XL boobs on pikachu :)

DONT FORGET ALL THE DEMO HITS THE ESHOP THIS THURSDAY FOR FREE

[quote name='XT14']I've never used one, but with the increase in battery life and apparent screen quality and 3D effect, it seems like what most of us wanted from the 3DS from the get-go...minus that second analog stick of course...yes Kid Icarus, you needed this![/QUOTE]

I still maintain that an analog stick doesn't allow for the quick movements the touch screen does, but to each their own, I suppose.

It's pretty hard not to. I'm surprised there are still a few people that prefer the original.

[quote name='slidecage']so you can look at the XL boobs on pikachu :)

DONT FORGET ALL THE DEMO HITS THE ESHOP THIS THURSDAY FOR FREE[/QUOTE]

I'd expect a game company not to charge me for a demo. ;)

[quote name='Josef']It's pretty hard not to. I'm surprised there are still a few people that prefer the original.[/QUOTE]

I'm personally torn between the two.

XL: I love the large screens, placement of the stylus, and buttons below the screen (Home button, etc). Quality in most games looks very good.

Original: I love the size overall-the feel in my hands is much better (way less cramping while playing). I like the screen better, less jagged edges (ex: Heroes of Ruin looks decent on the original 3DS, while it looks like crap on the XL.) Overall, the system looks and feels like it is a higher quality system vs the XL and I actually prefer the glossy black to my red XL. The 3D works better for me on the original 3DS as well, as I am constantly losing the 3D effect on my XL and it quickly hurts my eyes. It also helps that I have the analog stick add-on for games that support it.

I honestly haven't noticed much of a battery difference between the two. I know the XL is technically better, but I can not tell the difference. I am still plugging the thing in every other day to charge it like the original. The battery also dies within several days of being in standby mode (just like the original).

I am REALLY tempted to trade my XL for $177 on amazon and stick with my original 3DS. I have had the thing since launch day, but have constantly felt like going back to my original system. I know I would miss the larger screens, but the screens on the original just look so much crisper and I could actually carry the system in my pocket again. I wish Nintendo would just let me have my account registered on two systems at once :(

Bleh...and pass....

As much as I want that beautiful blue beast, theres really no incentive for getting it for me anymore. Heres to hoping for the Pikachu or Charizard XL's over here....

Ive never played a fire emblem game so this doesnt really pop out to me besides that color blue, I love that blue.

I'm personally holding out and hoping we get the Animal Crossing 3DS XL here in the states.
495Xc.jpg

[quote name='binbinzhou']"In addition to having the game pre-installed"... so the actual game cartridge is not included? That sux!!!![/QUOTE]

Better get used to it. Nintendo is pushing their digital goods hard. Anything to save them a pretty penny in the long run.

Also I luv my XL.

[quote name='adriley313']Just waiting for Gamestop to have it up for pre order.[/QUOTE]

I hope it's available there, too, as it might be easier for me to do some trade-ins and get some credit towards it instead of paying out of pocket.

If I get this bundle, I'll most likely keep it in the box, for collection purposes, as I'm assuming this won't be widely available, much less available at all for very long. Fire Emblem is the best Nintendo franchise in my eyes, and although I skipped over the OoT bundle, I doubt I can do that for this one.

That being said, I have a physical copy preordered at Gamestop for the artbook, and there's no way I would ever be content with a digital copy of almost any game, much less this one.

On another note, geez, Japan gets a lot of special 3DS/3DS XLs, don't they? I'm in awe.

I wish people would stop complaining that it is not a 3DSXL. GUYS IT CAME OUT BEFORE THE 3DS XL WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED IN JAPAN! Nintendo is not going to change the model to an XL just because the 3DSXL is out

Would have considered if it was a hard copy of the game. But $40 for a digital title with Nintendo's archaic digital system is a no go for me.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']I wish people would stop complaining that it is not a 3DSXL. GUYS IT CAME OUT BEFORE THE 3DS XL WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED IN JAPAN! Nintendo is not going to change the model to an XL just because the 3DSXL is out[/QUOTE]

This isn't Japan and the XL is out so yeah its different and yeah they can complain.

[quote name='nnthomas']Better get used to it. Nintendo is pushing their digital goods hard. Anything to save them a pretty penny in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Then why include an SD card at all? Add me to the guys who wanted a physical copy of FE.

[quote name='Green Card200']This isn't Japan and the XL is out so yeah its different and yeah they can complain.[/QUOTE]

It's Nintendo! They aren't gonna do special treatment. Like most other companies. If it's already done in Japan, they are just going to just port it over. It's easier just to get the same mold that was already done and just transfer it over to the US. I do feel no point in complaining cause I see this as usual practice. That's me though. New trend on how people act over the internet we're just gonna see people complain no matter what.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']It's Nintendo! They aren't gonna do special treatment. Like most other companies. If it's already done in Japan, they are just going to just port it over. It's easier just to get the same mold that was already done and just transfer it over to the US. I do feel no point in complaining cause I see this as usual practice. That's me though. New trend on how people act over the internet we're just gonna see people complain no matter what.[/QUOTE]

have too disagree with you on your opinion, how does one make something change if he does not complain? yes speak with your wallet an don't buy it, will show poor sell. but by saying nothing or not complaining they wont no why it got poor reviews an is not selling. maybe the world is full of jaded people an they except too much for nothing, but Nintendo an other companies are still in a business for are money, an you have a right too say what an how you want too spend it

I'm really glad we're getting this at all, but I agree with some of the others.

I've got a regular 3DS and dropping the $$ for a new regular one just doesn't sound tempting to me, but if it was an XL I'd at least consider selling my old one for this.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']It's Nintendo! They aren't gonna do special treatment. Like most other companies. If it's already done in Japan, they are just going to just port it over. It's easier just to get the same mold that was already done and just transfer it over to the US. I do feel no point in complaining cause I see this as usual practice. That's me though. New trend on how people act over the internet we're just gonna see people complain no matter what.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this. I am not going to get it because I already own a 3DS but hey finally another special colored Nintendo Console we can receive without importing (The Design of the Fire Emblem 3DS looks great).

[quote name='jimmywolf13']have too disagree with you on your opinion, how does one make something change if he does not complain? yes speak with your wallet an don't buy it, will show poor sell. but by saying nothing or not complaining they wont no why it got poor reviews an is not selling. maybe the world is full of jaded people an they except too much for nothing, but Nintendo an other companies are still in a business for are money, an you have a right too say what an how you want too spend it[/QUOTE]

Are you writing a letter to Nintendo expressing your discontent or are you just whining on forums? I highly doubt Nintendo reps are on here combing over every page of every Nintendo thread so complaining on here serves no other purpose than to make you feel better.

[quote name='bob330i']Then why include an SD card at all? Add me to the guys who wanted a physical copy of FE.[/QUOTE]

Well, I agree. I'm buying a retail copy. I'm just saying, Nintendo is pushing their digital angle, with the addition of retail titles more often on eShop. Now that they can pull this off, they can just stuff a $2 SD Card with this game.

I think $200 is the wrong price. I'm going to get it as a collector but a system like this isn't the same as Zelda. It's not going to be attractive to casual gamers unless it was cheaper so the people it targets are more hardcore gamers but they're also the ones who know the XL is better and would've only gotten this (for a good game and a really cool lookin system) if it were a bargain, but at $200 I cannot say it is.

With that in mind, I don't anticipate it'll be around for too long since Nintendo likely made a few of these last year and whatever they had leftover in Japan (plus the ones they may have made for the US) had their firmware/region set to US and sent here (otherwise why the hell else wouldn't it be an XL?) so quantity wise there shouldn't be many.

If you don't have a 3DS there are higher value bundles out there. If you have a 3DS there isn't a reason to get this when the XL is better. Really, unless you're a collector like myself (who won't actually open the box), this is a missed opportunity for Nintendo and something I'd advise people to pass on.

I was all for the bundle till I saw the $200 price point. That pretty much killed it for me right there.

Don't get me wrong, I love FE and will buy the game first day, but like a lot of people mentioned, its not even an XL or contain a physical copy of the game.

[quote name='confoosious']have the retailers been announced yet?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I just hope that my local Best Buy gets it, that way I can use some of my reward points to lower the price by a lot. :D

[quote name='ProudLoz']I don't think so. I just hope that my local Best Buy gets it, that way I can use some of my reward points to lower the price by a lot. :D[/QUOTE]

same here. but mostly for their pm policy. I figure these will sell out right away but just in case.

It's a safe bet Amazon won't be carrying them right?

And it's probably a safe bet that Gamestop will get them.

I hope it's limited to just one or two retailers. I think Best Buy would be a good fit and they are more likely to run some sort of a promotion.

I can't believe the game comes out in less then a month and they haven't released the specifics.

[quote name='GBAstar']It's a safe bet Amazon won't be carrying them right?

I hope it's limited to just one or two retailers. I think Best Buy would be a good fit and they are more likely to run some sort of a promotion.

I can't believe the game comes out in less then a month and they haven't released the specifics.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think BB will run a promotion? Regretting cashing in my BB gift cards for Amazon ones right about now.

Yes, Amazon probably will not be getting them.

The only logical choice (other than rat ass gamestop) is BB since they were the ones who carried zelda bundle. Who else is big enough and national enough? Walmart? Bah.

I don't live anywhere near Fry's but how do they always manage to squirrel copies of editions/bundles that are released as retailer specific?

[quote name='GBAstar']It's a safe bet Amazon won't be carrying them right?

I can't believe the game comes out in less then a month and they haven't released the specifics.[/QUOTE]

i could see a 29.99 price from best buy (hopefully)

[quote name='Green Card200']Why do you think BB will run a promotion? Regretting cashing in my BB gift cards for Amazon ones right about now.[/QUOTE]

BB ran promotion for the Zelda and Mario Bundles in the past, so there is a good chance there will be a promotion. There is no guarantee but it's far more likely than GS running one. As for Amazon, they don't even carry the regular 3DS or XL nor is NOA and Amazon US on good terms.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']BB ran promotion for the Zelda and Mario Bundles in the past, so there is a good chance there will be a promotion. There is no guarantee but it's far more likely than GS running one. As for Amazon, they don't even carry the regular 3DS or XL nor is NOA and Amazon US on good terms.[/QUOTE]

What were the promotions? Lower price or extra stuff?

[quote name='Green Card200']What were the promotions? Lower price or extra stuff?[/QUOTE]

Lower price. Then again, the Zelda bundle was sold during Black Friday so that played a part. It was 180 on BF, the following week was $200 with a $50 gift card. And for those that got real lucky, got it for $180 and pricematch the $50 gift card, basically getting it for $130.

I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure the newer Mario Bundle was put on sale when it was release.

While Gamestop had the bundles at 200 the whole time.

If Target gets the bundle, there is also a good chance for a sale. Basically any retailer but Gamestop and maybe Walmart (can't say for sure as there is no Walmart near me).

bread's done
Back