Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

Gamestop's got the bundle up on their website now, haven't seen it anywhere else yet. Also doesn't look like you get the pre-order artbook the standard game comes with, which is a shame because as much as I want it I'm having trouble justifying $200 with no physical game and no extras other than the game and special design.

[quote name='jimmywolf13']have too disagree with you on your opinion, how does one make something change if he does not complain? yes speak with your wallet an don't buy it, will show poor sell. but by saying nothing or not complaining they wont no why it got poor reviews an is not selling. maybe the world is full of jaded people an they except too much for nothing, but Nintendo an other companies are still in a business for are money, an you have a right too say what an how you want too spend it[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong. I do agree with you in a sense. Only problem is the way gaming community has changed. Complaining won't do anything anymore. Before some would probably listen, but now that has changed. Like Capcom. I don't have a problem with them but so many will complain about their business practice. Do they change their way to appeal to consumers? Not really. They do what they want cause in the end it will still make money and that's what's good for a company.

This is one of those items that even if people complain about not buying it, chances are some of those complainers will buy it anyways. This well sell. Yeah we do have a right to speak up. Most (not all) people that do complain on forums though go on a hissy fit. He was just mad at that. This is what I think. You don't have to agree. I feel we're at that spot that nobody is right in the end.

[quote name='kaiyouske']Regular 3DS - 169.99
Fire Emblem Awakening - 39.99

Total - 209.98

How is 199.99 overpriced?[/QUOTE]

I too am upset this isn't an XL, but calling it overpriced is silly. Plus an LE Nintendo handheld will likely retain is value better.

I couldn't care less about Pokemon, but that Charzard LE XL is pretty dope. I would probably take the 3ds plunge for it or a Monster Hunter XL and circle pad bunde.

Last edited by a moderator:

Total - 209.98

If we throw out the “this is only for extreme collectors only” argument, I’ll tell you why I think it’s overpriced:

It’s $10 less, but you are getting a digital copy of the game, so you’re missing out on the case most likely, and the ability to borrow out/sell the game. Also, it looks like you don’t get the pre-order art book with this bundle. Then, you need to include the fact that the 3DS was on sale several instances leading up to Christmas, as low as $129.99 for the regular and $159.99 for the XL. There’s no time machine to go and get those 3DS systems at those prices, but there was plenty of inventory and plenty of opportunity to do so, and it’s likely we’ll see more sales soon, or perhaps a price drop even.

Not saying it’s ridiculously overpriced – actually what I anticipated it to be. $179.99 seems a bit to good to be true and $189.99 just looks odd to me, ha.

Total - 209.98

I don't think it's overpriced but I don't know many CAG that are willing to pay $169.99 for a original 3DS.

I wouldn't have a problem paying $199.99 for this but I hope it is less. $150-$170 is my sweet spot for collecting handheld CE systems. I was able to get both the God of War PSP's new in box for $99 each but it is unrealistic to think these will be around long enough to hit any sort of clearance.

[quote name='Green Card200']What were the promotions? Lower price or extra stuff?[/QUOTE]

180 for the zelda bundle on blackfriday 2011. a week or so later they had a promotion where they gave you a $50 gift card at the price point of $200.

It also comes with a 4 GB memory card instead of the usual 2 GB memory card if i'm not mistaken because Awakening supposedly takes 2 GB worth of memory. Tho, I know, you can get a 4 GB memory card for like 6 bucks on amazon, I've used that in arguments on other forums saying why this bundle really isnt that good a deal.

I mean, it could be worse. I may just get this bundle anyways since I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan and I've been meaning to upgrade to a 3DS anyways. They way I look at it, Fire Emblem is a really niche series, this is likely going to be a very limited run so they can feel good about selling it at only slightly discounted because they won't have too many leftovers anyways.

Also I'm tired of stalking Amazon Warehouse deals and waiting for a deal I really like. I'm fine paying regular price if it means I get an awesome looking DS.

[quote name='litepink']If we throw out the “this is only for extreme collectors only” argument, I’ll tell you why I think it’s overpriced:

It’s $10 less, but you are getting a digital copy of the game, so you’re missing out on the case most likely, and the ability to borrow out/sell the game. Also, it looks like you don’t get the pre-order art book with this bundle. Then, you need to include the fact that the 3DS was on sale several instances leading up to Christmas, as low as $129.99 for the regular and $159.99 for the XL. There’s no time machine to go and get those 3DS systems at those prices, but there was plenty of inventory and plenty of opportunity to do so, and it’s likely we’ll see more sales soon, or perhaps a price drop even.

Not saying it’s ridiculously overpriced – actually what I anticipated it to be. $179.99 seems a bit to good to be true and $189.99 just looks odd to me, ha.[/QUOTE]

Ok first of all almost all games sold digitally are the same price as their retail counterparts. (but I totally agree with you that digital games should be cheaper just because they have less physical 'stuff')

Second you're comparing apples to oranges. This is a special 3DS not some plain blue 3DS. If this was a plain blue 3DS then I'd totally agree with you. Unless of course Nintendo came out and just sold the Fire Emblem 3DS by itself for 169.99.

But I totally respect your decision. Voting with your dollar is the best way to send the message to publishers. However for me, I've been wanting this since the Japanese release which were selling for WAY more than 200 since retail so I'm going to bite. That and I want to get rid of the god awful XL.

[quote name='hpbbes']I too am upset this isn't an XL, but calling it overpriced is silly. Plus an LE Nintendo handheld will likely retain is value better.

I couldn't care less about Pokemon, but that Charzard LE XL is pretty dope. I would probably take the 3ds plunge for it or a Monster Hunter XL and circle pad bunde.[/QUOTE]

Wait...is there going to be a MH XL 3DS release for the US?

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Wait...is there going to be a MH XL 3DS release for the US?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. The Monster Hunter franchise isn't quite the behemoth in the US that is is in Japan.

The amount of disappointed/complaining over this bundle not being a 3DSXL makes me :lol: and :roll:,

I think its safe to assume BestBuy will get this bundle considering they are pretty close with Nintendo. I would just pick mine up at Gamestop myself....but I'm still gonna hold out for Animal Crossing.

[quote name='maximumzero']I doubt it. The Monster Hunter franchise isn't quite the behemoth in the US that is is in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Damn, really wanted them to release one. I know Japan got one. Just wished we could of gotten it too.

Guess I'll just pick this bundle up then. Love the blue tone they used and the artwork is beautiful on it. Reminds me a lot of the Legend of Zelda one.

Theres a deal going on to get gamestop gc 50 for 40 on slickdeals. Don't know if its still active but you pay 160 for 200 in gc. Plus whatever taxes for the ds

[quote name='sittinghawk3']Theres a deal going on to get gamestop gc 50 for 40 on slickdeals. Don't know if its still active but you pay 160 for 200 in gc. Plus whatever taxes for the ds[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's limited to one card and it requires registration and a Facebook like. People are also reporting all sorts of problems with the deal from being overcharged to the cards not working.

Well, I just preordered myself one of these bundles at my local Gamestop on my way home from work. This will be my first ever DS (3D or otherwise), so I"m kind of excited. I'm still 75/25 on keeping the preorder or not, but I figure I might as well put one down for now.

I hope the bundle is available at Best Buy though. I have about $30 worth of Reward Zone credit to use and didn't know what to use it on.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Aww, I would have bit but it's not at XL. Why the release it on a regular 3DS? :([/QUOTE]

Cause Japan got the same bundle (With some changes) when the game was released in japan last April, Long before the 3DSXL was even announced for release.

Is the XL really that much better than the regular 3DS?

I used to have a DSi and it was the perfect size for me. I switched over to the DSi XL when it came out and regretted it immediately. Games looked worse on it and the whole thing was just too big to carry around in my pocket (sold it because of this).

I also bought one of the first 3DS that came out and I though it was perfect (until I sold; didn't play with it). So would it be better for me to just stick with the regular 3DS or are the XL's so much better that I "have" to get it?

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Is the XL really that much better than the regular 3DS?

I used to have a DSi and it was the perfect size for me. I switched over to the DSi XL when it came out and regretted it immediately. Games looked worse on it and the whole thing was just too big to carry around in my pocket (sold it because of this).

I also bought one of the first 3DS that came out and I though it was perfect (until I sold; didn't play with it). So would it be better for me to just stick with the regular 3DS or are the XL's so much better that I "have" to get it?[/QUOTE]
If the 3DS is perfect for your hands, then get the 3DS. Otherwise your going to experience the same thing on the DSi XL for the 3DS XL.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Is the XL really that much better than the regular 3DS?

I also bought one of the first 3DS that came out and I though it was perfect (until I sold; didn't play with it). So would it be better for me to just stick with the regular 3DS or are the XL's so much better that I "have" to get it?[/QUOTE]

I would stick to the regular 3DS. I hated the DSiXL for the same reasons you did and the 3DS version is the exact same size.

i like the regular 3DS because the audio is much better (i don't use headphones and not saying they are great either). the 3DSXL also tires my wrist over period the way I hold it (the comfortable position for me). I have both and play on the regular 3DS more.

XL does have a lot better battery on standby though, not sure of continuous playthrough

[quote name='djricekcn']i like the regular 3DS because the audio is much better (i don't use headphones and not saying they are great either). the 3DSXL also tires my wrist over period the way I hold it (the comfortable position for me). I have both and play on the regular 3DS more.

XL does have a lot better battery on standby though, not sure of continuous playthrough[/QUOTE]

I still can't hear a difference between the 3DS and the XL's speakers when they're both set to the correct sound config (e.g. stereo, as surround sounds muffled on both handhelds for me). Again, I have both. Do you?

...don't take me as an XL apologist, by the way. I just don't understand why people keep saying the sound is worse; I feel like it's false information that's spread through the internet and people who are ignorant (e.g. haven't had the chance to compare for themselves) take it as fact without question and spread it around, themselves.

I agree with the XL tiring my wrists as I play it for extended periods of time - that's something the 3DS never did. I would've assumed the larger system would be better for my large hands, but it's not. Go figure.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I still can't hear a difference between the 3DS and the XL's speakers when they're both set to the correct sound config (e.g. stereo, as surround sounds muffled on both handhelds for me). Again, I have both. Do you?

...don't take me as an XL apologist, by the way. I just don't understand why people keep saying the sound is worse; I feel like it's false information that's spread through the internet and people who are ignorant (e.g. haven't had the chance to compare for themselves) take it as fact without question and spread it around, themselves.

I agree with the XL tiring my wrists as I play it for extended periods of time - that's something the 3DS never did. I would've assumed the larger system would be better for my large hands, but it's not. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

This, I notice NO difference at all. They sound just as good to me as the 3DS's, the XL has no flaws that would make an Phat worth buying over it, unless its just the size issue. (Which is understandable, the XL just feels better for me than the 3DS ever did).

Question to those of you with 3DS' and XL's, have you noticed any difference in the screen brightness and/or hue/color other screen?

As far as brightness goes, I think the XL's just feels more vibrant to me. As far as hue goes, mine had a yellow hue for like the first week or two but it was only noticeable on white screens. (It went away after a bit of playtime)

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I still can't hear a difference between the 3DS and the XL's speakers when they're both set to the correct sound config (e.g. stereo, as surround sounds muffled on both handhelds for me). Again, I have both. Do you?

I agree with the XL tiring my wrists as I play it for extended periods of time - that's something the 3DS never did. I would've assumed the larger system would be better for my large hands, but it's not. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

it's noticable for me and in fact nintendo of Japan, Iwata himself said that they had to sacrifice speaker quality in one of their talk with iwata interviews right around the 3DSXL release. it was on nintendo of japan website. I posted the link to few sites to prove myself when I claimed such thing when LL came out in Japan. LL also has a weaker output of volume too.

It may not be noticable for you but I am able to tell the difference for me where I prefer 3DS because of it (aside other points).

The only difference I've been able to notice is that the XL's speakers are slightly quieter. I've heard many people say that their speakers crackle at high volume or that the sounds are washed out, which hasn't happened with any game I've tried.

Who knows, maybe I'm losing my hearing in my old age.

[quote name='ImpurePhoen1x']I'm torn between this or an XL, can anyone give me the merits between the two?[/QUOTE]

I plan to buy both this FE 3DS bundle and a hard copy of the game to show my love and support for such a great franchise. It has been confirmed that this game will offer dual-audio language option (English & orig. Japanese voices), so I am super excited now. I would personally wait for a special edition XL ... the regular sized 3DS works fine if you intend to just play 3DS games with it.

[quote name='dgwillia006']As far as brightness goes, I think the XL's just feels more vibrant to me. As far as hue goes, mine had a yellow hue for like the first week or two but it was only noticeable on white screens. (It went away after a bit of playtime)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I'd heard at the same level of brightness the XL was dimmer, is this not th norm?

I'm also planning to buy both the FE 3DS bundle and the regular boxed version (already have it paid off) as I have really enjoyed the series. Part of me is that horder/collector type and I just simply want the damn thing :) i already need to have another 3DS in my household for my wife for Pokemon X/Pokemon Y and Monster Hunter so why not (plus I just found a clean used Circle Pad Pro at a local GS as well....)

[quote name='frostybroc']It looks like an XL from the pics provided.[/QUOTE]

They have an XL in the pictures, but the actual bundle is just the regular 3DS. Poor marketing lol

^THIS. So much THIS.

[quote name='Aleth']Just preordered it... Now I'm broke XD[/QUOTE]

Damn, didn't realize that had this up for preorder already, thanks!

$199.99?

What a bunch of dummies...

that being said it'll still sell well but not sure if I want it and like a slut I almost never say no

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Can you use an SD card and transfer over your games you bought from club Nintendo and or ambassador games and link it to this 3ds?[/QUOTE]

You'd have to do a complete system memory transfer which transfers everything you have saved on your old 3DS to the new 3DS, but it wipes the memory clean on the original one after its done.

bread's done
Back