Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I plan to buy both this FE 3DS bundle and a hard copy of the game to show my love and support for such a great franchise. It has been confirmed that this game will offer dual-audio language option (English & orig. Japanese voices), so I am super excited now. I would personally wait for a special edition XL ... the regular sized 3DS works fine if you intend to just play 3DS games with it.[/QUOTE]

no dual text language?:cry:
still don't want to spend $$$$$ to get the imported japanese bundle

As pumped as I was for this bundle I think I'm going to pass now. It definitely looks sweet but I want an XL. I considered buying this and getting an XL later but I decided against it. I'll probably change my mind again and again though so who knows.

i don't know how it is in the USA market place but Japanese LE 3DS doesn't go up that high...maybe because they got so many freaking Limited Edition versions...but most are still around 300-350ish, while Miku Vita is 600ish....

Just a heads up/reminder for anyone interested: the demo for the game is out in the eshop today. I'm playing it right now and enjoying it so far. Can't wait to have the full game.

[quote name='suko_32']I'll take it there's no free shipping code for consoles online? At least, I couldn't find any.[/QUOTE]

I checked out their shipping prices and they're pretty cheap to be honest. 1-Day Shipping costs $9.99 which is a huge bargain compared to other sites. It does however state that it'll take one business day to process though.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']I''m going to buy it and keep it seal, then sell it later for more money ![/QUOTE]

highly doubt they fetch that much years from now..the zelda what grabs 300 when they cost 200 years ago

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents about how this game doesn't look nearly as bad as most other 3DS games on the XL. The game actually looks quite beautiful on a 3DS XL.

Having said that, I'm still going to get the console and the physical game. :)

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Just a heads up/reminder for anyone interested: the demo for the game is out in the eshop today. I'm playing it right now and enjoying it so far. Can't wait to have the full game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait to try this out.

[quote name='dgwillia006']As far as brightness goes, I think the XL's just feels more vibrant to me. As far as hue goes, mine had a yellow hue for like the first week or two but it was only noticeable on white screens. (It went away after a bit of playtime)[/QUOTE]
I just got my 3DS XL in the mail and was fiddling around with how FUTURE it is to me (having used a DS Lite for years); I'm pretty sure that orange-yellow tint is from the power-saving mode in brightness that lowers the brightness/color temperature of the screen, similar to f.lux for computers.

If it was an XL, then I would have ordered this in a heartbeat. I actually think it was a very smart move on Nintendo's part to keep it a regular 3DS from a money making perspective though. The manufacturing process should be nearly identical as the Japanese one and they can easily move some original 3DS at a premium.

*sigh*

Already pre ordered this and the game for day one at Gamestop.
Two books is cool. I'll just get an XL when Pokemon comes out and they release a 3DS XL then.

[quote name='confoosious']Still only at gamestop?! BAHHHH[/QUOTE]

I've been holding out in hopes that it'll pop up at Best Buy or even another store, but I'm about to just go with Gamestop if nothing new develops by tomorrow. Can't miss out.

[quote name='adriley313']Already pre ordered this and the game for day one at Gamestop.
Two books is cool. I'll just get an XL when Pokemon comes out and they release a 3DS XL then.[/QUOTE]

...the 3DS bundle comes with the game.

[quote name='Asperatus']I just got my 3DS XL in the mail and was fiddling around with how FUTURE it is to me (having used a DS Lite for years); I'm pretty sure that orange-yellow tint is from the power-saving mode in brightness that lowers the brightness/color temperature of the screen, similar to f.lux for computers.[/QUOTE]

Nope not power saving. Lots of people had that gripe around launch, apparently it had something to do with the glue or something used in the top screen not being fully dry yet. I'm pretty sure Nintendo even commented on it at some point saying it wasnt an issue.

I got around to playing the demo and damn was it good! Can't wait to play my first FE game!

Even though I love the look of this 3DS I still think I'll prefer getting the purple 3DS and a Physical copy of FE.

If anyone is looking for a more complete artbook of the game, there was one released in Japan as shown here. The artbook is a whopping 319 pages and includes information & characters from the DLC as well.

I'm hoping that Nintendo will see fit to release it in the US ala Hyrule Historia, but tracking this down in its original Japanese form just might be essential (Cheap Ass or not!)

I think it's overpriced, especially since all bundled games come preloaded now. The Zelda bundle was not preloaded apparently. The Mario bundles this holiday season were the same price as the regular 3DS giving people an incentive to buy that over the regular. If this was $169 it would have been better. If it included the full hard copy game with case again I would have no problem. You also lose your digital games if your system gets stolen, lost or broken. Looks like the 3DS is on sale at BB soon for $150 and there is the black system on clearance at Sears for $150 if you can't find the red one for $99. With the $150 price you could buy the system and the physical game for less than the bundle provided you do not have to have the special edition system.

It's personal preference but I think the blue color is hideous and ugly and I wouldn't want a system in that color regardless, this just looks like the blue system with a decal slapped on it though I haven't seen an up close image yet or an image of the real system.

I wonder if that means Best Buy could end up with it, too. I could use Newegg and avoid paying tax, but I went with a local Gamestop store instead (thanks to the artbook + not having to pay/wait for shipping - not to mention it was the only place with the bundle listed at the time, i.e. this morning).

It helps that one of the few employees I like (he's helped me out with a few orders in the past, and once let me exchange my disc-only online copy of the Zelda Collection for a complete one in-store) was there today and evidently moved to that store. You see, if the employees are actually friendly and go out of their way to help me out even when they aren't required to, I'm more inclined to throw my money at them (take notes, Gamestop!).

[quote name='SaraAB']I think it's overpriced, especially since all bundled games come preloaded now. The Zelda bundle was not preloaded apparently. The Mario bundles this holiday season were the same price as the regular 3DS giving people an incentive to buy that over the regular. If this was $169 it would have been better. If it included the full hard copy game with case again I would have no problem. You also lose your digital games if your system gets stolen, lost or broken. Looks like the 3DS is on sale at BB soon for $150 and there is the black system on clearance at Sears for $150 if you can't find the red one for $99. With the $150 price you could buy the system and the physical game for less than the bundle provided you do not have to have the special edition system.

It's personal preference but I think the blue color is hideous and ugly and I wouldn't want a system in that color regardless, this just looks like the blue system with a decal slapped on it though I haven't seen an up close image yet or an image of the real system.[/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree with the color. I don't exactly think its ugly, but I would prefer something with a bit of a different color, which is why I think I'm gonna get the purple 3DS and a physical copy of FE. Blue kinda feels to basic for SE. I don't know why this came to me, but a rustic/burnt orange 3DS would've looked epic with the dragon and sword emblem.

Yeah a special edition system deserves a special color, I know the Zelda system was only black but it looked great with the gold accents. I would also like to see the white/black 3DS in the USA. A lot more people would buy It if it was a different color than just a standard one. Also they need to make a Gold 3DS!

[quote name='SaraAB']Yeah a special edition system deserves a special color, I know the Zelda system was only black but it looked great with the gold accents. I would also like to see the white/black 3DS in the USA. A lot more people would buy It if it was a different color than just a standard one. Also they need to make a Gold 3DS![/QUOTE]

The Fire Emblem 3DS is not a standard color, it's cobalt blue. The standard 3DS color was Aqua Blue. It's darker and way better looking. It's a shame it's $200 I would of gotten it if it was lower.

[quote name='SaraAB']Yeah a special edition system deserves a special color, I know the Zelda system was only black but it looked great with the gold accents. I would also like to see the white/black 3DS in the USA. A lot more people would buy It if it was a different color than just a standard one. Also they need to make a Gold 3DS![/QUOTE]

You have got to be one of the most cynical people to post here on CAG. Most of your posts are composed of you complaing about one thing or another, and as in this case, usually over something unfounded or trivial.

Anyways, contrary to these two detractors, I think the color is very nice looking and very original. Here is an unboxing of the Japanese version that shows just how nice (and different) the blue looks on this particular version.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSzTgLBX71E...=rSS6sBN-E5g_GVsW_bkBOg&bvm=bv.41248874,d.b2I

Yes, the MSRP is $169.99 at this time, not counting deals.
New 3DS games are $39.99 at this time.
Making it $209.98, so at $199.99 is a steal.

I agree with SteveGo, that some CAGs and most 3DS gamers are turning in to whiners.
CAn we just be happy we even get a 3DS collectors edition bundle? Be happy that NoA decided to give us a nice bundle instead of just the game an a art book.

It's a 3DS and not a 3DS XL is because it came out in Japan before the 3DS XL, so we are getting what they got in Japan. Just be happy and if you don't like it just move on.
I thought this site was a site for talking about deals and not complaining about a deal and not getting a 3DS XL, it not being a better color, downloadable game? Just sound whiney alot lately.

Rant done.

[quote name='SteveGo']You have got to be one of the most cynical people to post here on CAG. Most of your posts are composed of you complaing about one thing or another, and as in this case, usually over something unfounded or trivial.

Anyways, contrary to these two detractors, I think the color is very nice looking and very original. Here is an unboxing of the Japanese version that shows just how nice (and different) the blue looks on this particular version.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you! This exactly. I love this new shade of blue and I think the design on it is extremely beautiful. For $200 I can get a beautiful 3DS and an awesome original game that I've never played ? (I've never played any of the Fire Emblem games)

This is why I'm buying one (well that and I sold my original 3DS like over a year ago).

[quote name='SteveGo']You have got to be one of the most cynical people to post here on CAG. Most of your posts are composed of you complaing about one thing or another, and as in this case, usually over something unfounded or trivial.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSzTgLBX71E&ei=Evb5UOGPHeGe2QXiwoDwBg&usg=AFQjCNFWphS4YdxaQv4Np1UUL_hzYJjTTQ&sig2=rSS6sBN-E5g_GVsW_bkBOg&bvm=bv.41248874,d.b2I[/QUOTE]

thanks for the video,the bundle does like nice. i been following this thread since i wanted to pick up a 3ds for rpgs. the vita good, but the lack of rpgs makes me sad. think am going get the mario xl bundle an buy fire emblem an etrian odyssey IV on the side, should keep me busy till find more rpgs for 3ds/ds cheap

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSzTgLBX71E...=rSS6sBN-E5g_GVsW_bkBOg&bvm=bv.41248874,d.b2I[/QUOTE]

Was that a physical copy of Fire Emblem in the box?

[quote name='adriley313']Yes, the MSRP is $169.99 at this time, not counting deals.

I agree with SteveGo, that some CAGs and most 3DS gamers are turning in to whiners.
CAn we just be happy we even get a 3DS collectors edition bundle? Be happy that NoA decided to give us a nice bundle instead of just the game an a art book.

It's a 3DS and not a 3DS XL is because it came out in Japan before the 3DS XL, so we are getting what they got in Japan. Just be happy and if you don't like it just move on.
I thought this site was a site for talking about deals and not complaining about a deal and not getting a 3DS XL, it not being a better color, downloadable game? Just sound whiney alot lately.

Rant done.[/QUOTE]

5% off for a preinstalled copy. A real steal.

[quote name='valenor the bored']Was that a physical copy of Fire Emblem in the box?[/QUOTE]

The bundle in japan had physical copies.

Well, to be fair, the bundle was released last year for them. That explains the cradle, but I suppose not the digital copy. Nintendo wasn't pushing the digital thing nearly as much back then, though, were they?

I personally think it's a bad move, but what can you do?

[quote name='Green Card200']5% off for a preinstalled copy. A real steal.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I don't like about the price. Nintendo didn't even have to waste more money including the game. So why is it price higher?
I know I've whined about the price but I'm thankful it came here actually.

[quote name='Green Card200']5% off for a preinstalled copy. A real steal.[/QUOTE]

OR perhaps you should look at it as 25% off a preinstalled copy and you get the free Fire Emblem art on the 3ds for free? See? We can all make up numbers too!

[quote name='confoosious']OR perhaps you should look at it as 25% off a preinstalled copy and you get the free Fire Emblem art on the 3ds for free? See? We can all make up numbers too![/QUOTE]

You applied the discount to the cheapest item I applied it to the total price but I'm the one misrepresenting the "deal." Got it!

[quote name='adriley313']Yes, the MSRP is $169.99 at this time, not counting deals.

Rant done.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, whining is what got us the PC version of Dark Souls and Pandora's Tower.

[quote name='htz']http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100134
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping.[/QUOTE]

This really makes me hope that Best Buy gets this bundle as well. I have $30 in Rewards certificates to use for them and don't know what to buy.

Since the normal DS is discounted starting next week, I was thinking of using the money towards that and probably save ~$50 by buying that and a physical copy of Fire Emblem rather than the bundle.

Though I still don't know if I actually want a 3DS. As someones mentioned a few posts ago, I was thinking of getting one mainly for RPGs (JRPGs at that). But man, my gaming time just isn't what it used to be when I was younger. Not sure if I should spend money on a handheld system that would get used only every now and then.

I'd say don't pull the trigger yet, considering how lackluster the multimedia features have been for almost 2 years. You'll be left with a games-machine only, and if you don't have time then that would be bad.

[quote name='GatekeeperLamb']I'd say don't pull the trigger yet, considering how lackluster the multimedia features have been for almost 2 years. You'll be left with a games-machine only, and if you don't have time then that would be bad.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been leaning towards to at the moment. But to be perfectly honest, I keep flip flopping every single day. Yesterday I really wanted a 3DS. Today, I'm rationalizing to myself that it just wouldn't be worth it for the few games that I'm interested in (Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Bravely Default...although the latter hasn't even been announced for localization). I've only had an Xbox for this generation, so my JRPG itch has been present for awhile. Although I just recently got a Wii this past December and immediately bought Xenoblade, The Last Story, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Skyward Sword, and with the recent announcement of Pandora's Tower being localized, probably will be getting that. I figure all of those games will fill that JRPG itch that I have. Currently have only started Xenoblade and ~25 hours in.

Haha, now that I see all of that typed out, I'm leaning more towards just not getting a 3DS.

[quote name='ARsignal11']That's what I've been leaning towards to at the moment. But to be perfectly honest, I keep flip flopping every single day. Yesterday I really wanted a 3DS. Today, I'm rationalizing to myself that it just wouldn't be worth it for the few games that I'm interested in (Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Bravely Default...although the latter hasn't even been announced for localization). I've only had an Xbox for this generation, so my JRPG itch has been present for awhile. Although I just recently got a Wii this past December and immediately bought Xenoblade, The Last Story, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Skyward Sword, and with the recent announcement of Pandora's Tower being localized, probably will be getting that. I figure all of those games will fill that JRPG itch that I have. Currently have only started Xenoblade and ~25 hours in.

Haha, now that I see all of that typed out, I'm leaning more towards just not getting a 3DS.[/QUOTE]

You could always just buy the game now, and get a 3ds later when it is under 100 to get or when you have more time to play.

[quote name='ARsignal11']That's what I've been leaning towards to at the moment. But to be perfectly honest, I keep flip flopping every single day. Yesterday I really wanted a 3DS. Today, I'm rationalizing to myself that it just wouldn't be worth it for the few games that I'm interested in (Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Bravely Default...although the latter hasn't even been announced for localization). I've only had an Xbox for this generation, so my JRPG itch has been present for awhile. Although I just recently got a Wii this past December and immediately bought Xenoblade, The Last Story, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Skyward Sword, and with the recent announcement of Pandora's Tower being localized, probably will be getting that. I figure all of those games will fill that JRPG itch that I have. Currently have only started Xenoblade and ~25 hours in.

Haha, now that I see all of that typed out, I'm leaning more towards just not getting a 3DS.[/QUOTE]I've had one since launch but have been focusing on my PS3 for the most part. I'm greatly excited for Fire Emblem and KH3D IS FANTASTIC. I'd highly recommend Devil Survivor Overclocked and Tales of the Abyss if you are looking for RPGs. Then we have Soul Hackers , Shin Megami Tensei IV , Dragon Quest VII (remake) , Pokémon X&Y and the hinted at Devil Survivor 2 Overclocked to please us. This year seems like it's going to be an awesome year for RPG lovers.

bread's done
Back