Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

You guys are lucky. I think we here in Hawaii got the short end of the stick as usual. I went to one of the local game stores and the manager told me that he wasn't expecting shipments of the game to come in until Friday if they're lucky. He himself went to Wal-Mart in the morning but it wasn't there. Some guys who left the store just as I walked in were also hunting for Fire Emblem too and told him that Toys R Us didn't even have it. I went to Best Buy myself to pick up Blu-rays and it wasn't there either. (I didn't even bother with Target. The ones here don't even have well-known movie titles in-stock on release day.) At this rate, I'm just going to be a CAG and wait until it goes on sale for the eventual B2G1.

I bought my copy online at BestBuy.com and then I got the e-mail that it was in the store ready to be picked up. Went after work and waited for 20 minutes while they tried to find a copy. After all is said and done I got the order cancelled and refunded. Complete bummer and I can attest to Best Buy selling copies that are supposed to be held / Best Buy being robbed. I really wanted the physical copy, but hard to resist just easily downloading it and playing now...

Hoping Amazon gets theirs. I mean if not I am pretty much fucked, unless I preorder one at newegg.

It fucking pisses me off that Nintendo is pulling this shit. I refuse to buy a downloadable copy of ANY JRPG unless it's on PC and well there are no boxed copies for PC.

[quote name='UndyingForce']Target in West Dundee IL had some copies this morning.[/QUOTE]

You sir are awesome, I'll go grab a copy tomorrow for my gf who was worried she wouldn't find a copy.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Hoping Amazon gets theirs. I mean if not I am pretty much fucked, unless I preorder one at newegg.

It fucking pisses me off that Nintendo is pulling this shit. I refuse to buy a downloadable copy of ANY JRPG unless it's on PC and well there are no boxed copies for PC.[/QUOTE]

If Best Buy and Gamestop are getting in their stock, I'm hopeful that means Amazon isn't too far behind No in-store deals and an extra $3.60 to pay in sales tax over here if I buy in-store makes me favor waiting for Amazon.

[quote name='V878']If Best Buy and Gamestop are getting in their stock, I'm hopeful that means Amazon isn't too far behind No in-store deals and an extra $3.60 to pay in sales tax over here if I buy in-store makes me favor waiting for Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Amazon hits me for sales tax which sucks but I have Prime. My problem is I wont be able to hit any store until Saturday because the route I take to and from work doesn't hit any stores besides supermarkets, gas stations and dunkin donuts, lol. So I am counting on Amazon to pull through. I just wish Amazon would say yes, we are getting stock in as a confirmation for me, and not have me wondering if it will get canceled.

[quote name='SaraAB']GameStop is sad when it comes to stocking video games, I guess they rely on used sales for everything, but this isn't unusual as this has been going on for years at GS. Aka only stocking enough games for preorders and then never getting other new copies in, while expecting customers to buy the used one, if there is one. But for a gaming specialty retailer I expect more. Meanwhile you can go to Target or BB and find plenty of copies of whatever game you want on the shelves. My target had one copy today, I expect it will be gone soon.[/QUOTE]

Normally I'd agree with you, but I think, at least in this one specific instance, Nintendo is the one that made a mistake.

From what I've heard, Gamestop pretty much blew through their allotment from Nintendo on preorders alone. Based on the numbers other stores are getting, there is pretty much zero chance they could have gotten more this week.

It sounds like Nintendo seriously underestimated demand, and if the game is still out of stock 2-3 weeks from now, that will pretty much confirm it.

The Gamestop I preordered the game at said it should be in Wednesday, and that they are only expecting 5 copies for 8 preorders. Since I was one of the first on the list I asked if I was safe to get a copy on Wednesday and the employee said they would be given out first come first served. Since I have to work until late on Wednesday I told him that I would probably just get a copy at the Best Buy next door....which I did. Why in the heck can't the biggest game retailer in this country ship a release on time, when their competitors are able to??

Got a call from gamestop to pick my pre-order. I was the only one who pre-ordered at the store and it was the only copy they got in-stock. No pre-order bonus...

The guy there (seemed like a manager from the times i have been there) assured me he was going to get on why I did not get my artbook copy. He was sure that maybe it will come in later. I asked him if he really would take care of it and said that this has happened in the past and what I usually did was fill out the online survey and speak with the DM on the issue and a replacement bonus would get sent to the store asap, I didn't want to go through the trouble he already was. I never used a threatening tone or anything like that I was just asking to know if the guy would actually try. He told me DM has nothing to do with it and cannot do anything about it.

One other worker tried to tell me that NOT A SINGLE GAMESTOP got the book in, even suggested I look it up on IGN.

I told him I had already seen copies being sold on ebay.

not too satisfied about the whole thing but glad i got the game finally. think someone might have pocketed the 1 artbook that came to the store, hopefully I am wrong though

I saw 3-4 copies at Target, didn't see any Best Buy (proabably in the back like everyone said), and didn't have time to check GS. Should have preordered for the book. Could have played the game and sold both to get my money back.

Newegg gets their stuff Friday according to the site. Yay.

I'm in no rush to get my hands on this, too many other games being played currently.

[quote name='JCrichton']Newegg gets their stuff Friday according to the site. Yay.

I'm in no rush to get my hands on this, too many other games being played currently.[/QUOTE]

Well considering it's currently my favorite game series, all the other games I'm playing have gotten pushed to the side ;)

[quote name='Josef']Well considering it's currently my favorite game series, all the other games I'm playing have gotten pushed to the side ;)[/QUOTE]
I'm working on Path of Radiance currently. ;)

No rush at all.

Hmm wish i had checked this thread out before heading out. I didn't think BBY would have got theirs in. I would have rather picked up another copy there.

Anyway, Gamestop called me this morning and said they got a small batch of per-order copies in and were holding one for me. They had gotten about 6 of them in and said they didn't even have enough for all the pre-orders yet. I snagged my copy and also picked one up at a store no ones really mentioning: Toys R Us. They only had 3 copies in stock and i snagged on there and my copy at Gamestop. Cant do much with it without the 3DS though. Hopefully it will come in the next day or two though they told me most likely Friday.

Gamestop has a tendancy to put stupid stickers on their system bundles though. I REALLY hope they dont put one on my 3ds. The guys that work there that i know are aware to NOT put one on my system, but now that its pushed back they may have one of the clueless people working. Really hope i dont get a sticker on my system!

[quote name='nightmarishhero']Got a call from gamestop to pick my pre-order. I was the only one who pre-ordered at the store and it was the only copy they got in-stock. No pre-order bonus...

The guy there (seemed like a manager from the times i have been there) assured me he was going to get on why I did not get my artbook copy. He was sure that maybe it will come in later. I asked him if he really would take care of it and said that this has happened in the past and what I usually did was fill out the online survey and speak with the DM on the issue and a replacement bonus would get sent to the store asap, I didn't want to go through the trouble he already was. I never used a threatening tone or anything like that I was just asking to know if the guy would actually try. He told me DM has nothing to do with it and cannot do anything about it.

One other worker tried to tell me that NOT A SINGLE GAMESTOP got the book in, even suggested I look it up on IGN.

not too satisfied about the whole thing but glad i got the game finally. think someone might have pocketed the 1 artbook that came to the store, hopefully I am wrong though[/QUOTE]

Ya.. obviously that employees an idiot. I got both my artbooks early last week.

[quote name='JCrichton']I'm working on Path of Radiance currently. ;)

No rush at all.[/QUOTE]

POR is awesome. I loved the beast people. Morecai is a pimp =D

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Hoping Amazon gets theirs. I mean if not I am pretty much fucked, unless I preorder one at newegg.

It fucking pisses me off that Nintendo is pulling this shit. I refuse to buy a downloadable copy of ANY JRPG unless it's on PC and well there are no boxed copies for PC.[/QUOTE]

what more bullshit amazon loves to cancel orders then say

we got the game now ....

happen with that lego ninja ds game last xmas 2011

Its normal for me to hear that some games are for pre-orders only. My gamestop really sucks here i guess they really are going out of business. Tried to pickup a persona 4 copy but it was avaiable only to those who preordered

So my day trying to pick this up yesterday was rather annoying. I get out of class at noon and find out I'm not needed at work so I head home and stop by GameStop to grab the game. I hadn't realized gamestops were short preorder copies and when I get there about 12:30 the guy says they are giving them out in order. Fair, I thought, but apparently preordering it day 1 means I don't get one.

I go and hit some thrift stores and get home about 4:00 and there's a message on the recorde saying to come pick the game up and they are holding it for 48hrs. It's recorded at 12:05 and not a robot so I figure the employee messed up earlier. I head back down and there's a new employee working and now he tells me I had to have picked the phone up and for them to hold it for me. Now how the fuck is anyone supposed to pick up the damn phone in the middle of the day or anyone for that matter when it's in the middle of the work week. I don't understand how they could expect people to be home then and no I'm not giving GameStop my cell number.

I would have just went to another store but I have credit at GameStop and really wanted the art book. Just annoyed that none of the employees can get their story straight when the manager said they were holding one for me.

[quote name='stiner']

I go and hit some thrift stores and get home about 4:00 and there's a message on the recorde saying to come pick the game up and they are holding it for 48hrs. It's recorded at 12:05 and not a robot so I figure the employee messed up earlier. I head back down and there's a new employee working and now he tells me I had to have picked the phone up and for them to hold it for me. Now how the fuck is anyone supposed to pick up the damn phone in the middle of the day or anyone for that matter when it's in the middle of the work week. I don't understand how they could expect people to be home then and no I'm not giving GameStop my cell number.

I would have just went to another store but I have credit at GameStop and really wanted the art book. Just annoyed that none of the employees can get their story straight when the manager said they were holding one for me.[/QUOTE]

I would try and get in touch with the District Manager on that one. That behavior is unacceptable and retarded. Saying that people are denied a game because your not home is complete bullshit.

I was just charged for my fry's preorder at $29.99 + S/H. Hopefully that means they are shipping soon.

I have a bundle preordered at Gamestop and was told I'd get it by Friday. Coincidentally I bumped into the Nintendo rep for my region at Target and he said not a single store that he works with has gotten their shipment. This was as of Wednesday.

He of course blamed the distributor (not Nintendo)

My Target in Columbus didn't have it out, and couldn't find it in the system. Went next door to Meijer and they had 3 copies left so I grabbed one.

I wonder how rare the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle really is...

Gamestop and Newegg are still taking orders. I'm hoping this won't end up like the Halo Helmet.

Day 3, I'm loving this... having a hard time putting it down on Classic... my ONLY gripe is I'm still in a disgaea mentality so I keep lining people up in 3's in order to mass attack and it doesn't work in this game. :)

Sucks that amazon doesn't even know when they will restock....total Nintendo fail

Does any other major publisher ever screw up like this for a big name sequel?

It's one thing to be low on consoles but a cartridge? Almost like they want to drive up digital sales by drying market...

Called my GameStop here in Westerville, OH and the woman said she got a shipment in but has not had a chance to process it yet. She said to call back around 1:30.

[quote name='nightmarishhero']Got a call from gamestop to pick my pre-order. I was the only one who pre-ordered at the store and it was the only copy they got in-stock. No pre-order bonus...

not too satisfied about the whole thing but glad i got the game finally. think someone might have pocketed the 1 artbook that came to the store, hopefully I am wrong though[/QUOTE]

Nope one of the workers pocketed it, guaranteed. Fill out the survey & complain.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Called my GameStop here in Westerville, OH and the woman said she got a shipment in but has not had a chance to process it yet. She said to call back around 1:30.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. ;)

[quote name='binbinzhou']I wonder how rare the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle really is...

Gamestop and Newegg are still taking orders. I'm hoping this won't end up like the Halo Helmet.[/QUOTE]
I'd say it's just as rare as these things usually are if history is any indicator. Meaning that there are plenty available right now. However, 6 months from now the only places to get them will be from re-sellers, ebay, etc.

Amazon just delayed my order. Spoke to someone in CS, they have no clue when or if it will be stocked. Very quick to offer 1 day shipping, i was pushing for a credit instead but they wouldnt budge on it.

I just found it up on Bestbuy.com for shipping. Delivery by the 14th, so i ordered one. Had a 20$ cert lying around. So either my best buy copy ships and i cancel the amazon one, or they both ship and one goes back to amazon.

3rd game in a row from amazon they have screwed up. My MOH Warfighter had no CD key in it, my FF Theatrythm was smashed to hell in shipping, now this. Starting to think they dont care anymore.

[quote name='Reraise']Amazon just delayed my order. Spoke to someone in CS, they have no clue when or if it will be stocked. Very quick to offer 1 day shipping, i was pushing for a credit instead but they wouldnt budge on it.

I just found it up on Bestbuy.com for shipping. Delivery by the 14th, so i ordered one. Had a 20$ cert lying around. So either my best buy copy ships and i cancel the amazon one, or they both ship and one goes back to amazon.

3rd game in a row from amazon they have screwed up. My MOH Warfighter had no CD key in it, my FF Theatrythm was smashed to hell in shipping, now this. Starting to think they dont care anymore.[/QUOTE]
Didn't know BB.com still had units available. I just canceled my Newegg preorder and went with BestBuy. Now to hope my mailman does not fuck up delivery. Yes my mailman is that bad I need to be concerned.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Sucks that amazon doesn't even know when they will restock....total Nintendo fail

Does any other major publisher ever screw up like this for a big name sequel?

It's one thing to be low on consoles but a cartridge? Almost like they want to drive up digital sales by drying market...[/QUOTE]

I don't think Fire Emblem is really considered a big names sequel.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Didn't know BB.com still had units available. I just canceled my Newegg preorder and went with BestBuy. Now to hope my mailman does not fuck up delivery. Yes my mailman is that bad I need to be concerned.[/QUOTE]

My mailman/woman is pretty bad too. Once my graphics card from Amazon ended up a few houses down the road. Luckily my neighbor is nice and brought it over. Other times they claim we didn't answer the door for a package, yet they never even approached our door. :cold:

yep, Gamestop employees are profitting off the artbooks as we speak. If you really want a preorder bonus, order it online. Unless you know the guys at your local GS really well.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Didn't know BB.com still had units available. I just canceled my Newegg preorder and went with BestBuy. Now to hope my mailman does not fuck up delivery. Yes my mailman is that bad I need to be concerned.[/QUOTE]

BB had it for order but store pickup only. This morning, they enabled shipping. so im confident they have the units in stock.

And yes, Gamestop employees are profiting from the artbook. I called mine where i used to manage and was told the artbooks "never came in wink wink". The standard response is "we almost didnt get your game, and your going to complain about not getting an artbook too?"

I really hate gamestop as a company now. I went in last week to pick up Ni No Kuni, all they had was the last gutted copy. I asked if it had been checked out (incase you didnt know, employees are allowed to borrow brand new games), and it had been. So i asked for shopworn discount on it, and was refused. Pisses me off.

[quote name='Deader2818']So what exactly delayed it? People blame Nintendo but I haven't even read what actually caused the delay.[/QUOTE]

I heard someone say it was like what happened with Two worlds (the tanker sunk) or something like that (its probably hearsay).

FYI, my bb order just went through to preparing to ship.

[quote name='Reraise']BB had it for order but store pickup only. This morning, they enabled shipping. so im confident they have the units in stock.

And yes, Gamestop employees are profiting from the artbook. I called mine where i used to manage and was told the artbooks "never came in wink wink". The standard response is "we almost didnt get your game, and your going to complain about not getting an artbook too?"

I really hate gamestop as a company now. I went in last week to pick up Ni No Kuni, all they had was the last gutted copy. I asked if it had been checked out (incase you didnt know, employees are allowed to borrow brand new games), and it had been. So i asked for shopworn discount on it, and was refused. Pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

When something like that happens, I try to focus my anger on the employees. Doesn't the manager have the ability to discount something like that if he wants to? That's probably why I'd never make a good manager; far too willing to give my customers a hand at the expense of maximized profits.

As for the artbook, well, I'd be extremely angry if they tried to pull something like that with me, to the point where I'd be more than happy to get in their faces about it. Stealing is horribly wrong. Simple.

There are still some decent GameStop employees out there. When the store's first shipment arrived yesterday thy made sure to set a copy and artbook aside for me. Although I admit if it was any other GameStop especially the one in the mall across the street, there would be no chance that I will even get a copy of the game. They are so hostile over there... I swear they glare at each customer that enter the store. -shivers- My mother even told them off for their behavior towards their customers.

I guess I'll see when the bundle system actually arrives, I need another copy of the artbook to share with friends.

[quote name='elessar123']I don't think Fire Emblem is really considered a big names sequel.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. It's not close to a big name franchise.

If it were, there would have been much more exposure for it.

[quote name='Aleth']There are still some decent GameStop employees out there. When the store's first shipment arrived yesterday thy made sure to set a copy and artbook aside for me. Although I admit if it was any other GameStop especially the one in the mall across the street, there would be no chance that I will even get a copy of the game. They are so hostile over there... I swear they glare at each customer that enter the store. -shivers- My mother even told them off for their behavior towards their customers.

I guess I'll see when the bundle system actually arrives, I need another copy of the artbook to share with friends.[/QUOTE]
On the whole, GS employees are very good. It's the knuckleheads that always stand out.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']When something like that happens, I try to focus my anger on the employees. Doesn't the manager have the ability to discount something like that if he wants to? That's probably why I'd never make a good manager; far too willing to give my customers a hand at the expense of maximized profits.

As for the artbook, well, I'd be extremely angry if they tried to pull something like that with me, to the point where I'd be more than happy to get in their faces about it. Stealing is horribly wrong. Simple.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it was the manager who took over when i quit. He knows that he will have to explain the discount on a new item if he sells it to me, or wait for the next schmuck to come and but it full price no questions asked.

As for the artbook, getting in their faces wont do anything. You dont know if they are lying or not. More often than not, the person you get angry and yell at had nothing to do with the problem. Sometimes they genuinely dont get the pre order bounses (which i hated taking the blame for something corporate failed to send me). Basically the lowly GA at gamestop takes the flak for what BS the managers pull, thats why they have a high turnover rate.

The ONLY thing you can do, is use that survey on the receipt. DONT GIVE THEM A 1, a lot of 1's are immediately ignored. If you want your comment to be heard, rate them a 2-4. Those comments go to the store manager, and more importantly, the district manager. I honestly cannot stress how important those surveys are to people keeping their jobs at gamestop.

It's always a good rule of thumb to never get loud or aggressive when trying to get something out of anyone. This holds perfectly true when dealing with customer service employees. Keep your cool, be friendly but firm, escalate to manager/supervisor if need be and the results are more often than not very good.

:)

Just got a message from BB

Will ship within 3-5 days.

So much for "leaves warhouse in 1 business day".

Getting this game has become a nightmare.

Welp, I didn't mean to imply that I'd start shouting at some poor schmuck, but I wouldn't walk out of the store without making sure they knew that I realized that my preorder bonus was swiped. At that point, I wouldn't have picked up my preorder and instead gotten a refund for it, too - the bonus was the only reason I gave 'em my business in the first place.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Welp, I didn't mean to imply that I'd start shouting at some poor schmuck, but I wouldn't walk out of the store without making sure they knew that I realized that my preorder bonus was swiped. At that point, I wouldn't have picked up my preorder and instead gotten a refund for it, too - the bonus was the only reason I gave 'em my business in the first place.[/QUOTE]

They are counting on you not doing this. With how hard the game is to find, people are swallowing the missing artbook (at least at my local store) because they know they cannot get the game elsewhere. The other thing they are telling customers is "the artbooks will be arriving shortly". So you pick up the game, and come back later for the book. When you realize the book isnt coming, you cannot cancel the preorder and only get a refund if you havent opened it.

[quote name='Reraise']Just got a message from BB

Will ship within 3-5 days.

So much for "leaves warhouse in 1 business day".

Getting this game has become a nightmare.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I had an order from BB.com last year that was backordered and it came in fine. I am hoping its just a we are waiting for shipment.

bread's done
Back