Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

Got my copy and an artbook yesterday at GameStop, they only had one copy come in and it was a predorder copy( only 1 person preordered at my local store), gamestop had been calling the guy who preordered it since monday and He never showed up to get it so they sold it to me

[quote name='RPGamer246']Got my copy and an artbook yesterday at GameStop, they only had one copy come in and it was a predorder copy( only 1 person preordered at my local store), gamestop had been calling the guy who preordered it since monday and He never showed up to get it so they sold it to me[/QUOTE]

That sucks for that guy. They should hold it longer than 3 days.

[quote name='scottman']That sucks for that guy. They should hold it longer than 3 days.[/QUOTE]

they did they held it for 4 :)

also managed to score a bundle and artbook even though i wasn't able to preorder, i just asked if they had any extras and they did so they gave me one,

also the store had 7 preorders so i guess if the store has a few preorders they might have an extra artbook or two just in case

[quote name='YellowGameboyColor']Wow, picked up my bundle, but no fucking artbook. Dirtbag shit gamestop employees. I'm returning this shit and getting it online, as the only reason I even gave Gamestop my money was for that damn artbook. Jesus[/QUOTE]

I ordered two Bundles and got two art books. I will send you an art book if you still want it. PM me your address.

Just trying to help a guy out. I just recently got screwed by GameStop with Ni No Kuni. Ordered it many months ago and somehow they only got two steelbooks in and it went to the first two that happened to come in and get their copy on release day.

So, no Ni No Kuni steelbook for me :whistle2:(

Anyway, PM me if you want it. No shipping charge. I will eat the $1 or whatever it is.

[quote name='Gators300']I ordered two Bundles and got two art books. I will send you an art book if you still want it. PM me your address.

Just trying to help a guy out. I just recently got screwed by GameStop with Ni No Kuni. Ordered it many months ago and somehow they only got two steelbooks in and it went to the first two that happened to come in and get their copy on release day.

Anyway, PM me if you want it. No shipping charge. I will eat the $1 or whatever it is.[/QUOTE]
:applause: You deserve an award.

[quote name='Gators300']I ordered two Bundles and got two art books. I will send you an art book if you still want it. PM me your address.

Anyway, PM me if you want it. No shipping charge. I will eat the $1 or whatever it is.[/QUOTE]

Would you really? That'd be awesome! You definitely do deserve an award. Someone tell me how to do this. I would totally give you a steelbook, if only I had gotten one myself.

Anyway, you've been PM'd. And I will definitely return the favor in the future.

well some news for you amazon people like myself i got some info .. if the CS was telling the TRUTH OR just BS

if you ordered later then Jan 15 your still have 1 to 2 weeks to wait or longer

orders after jan 22 3 to 5 weeks or longer ....

screw them i just buy it from target sunday

Last edited by a moderator:
on Wednesday, I called the gs where I reserved a bundle. manager? told me they didn't get any - maybe Friday. I call today a bit after 12pm and a guy tells me they got the games and bundles in but when I asked about the artbook he said by Tuesday (he went to ask someone) which is when they will hold my bundle until as well.

A few hours later I read that the store did get artbooks so I call again. I believe the same guy picks up and tells me that there are only a few left. When I ask if they can hold it for me with my bundle he says no as there are too few artbooks for the bundle reserves - first come first serve.

So I get to the store about an hour later and find out that there are no more artbooks. The girl that rang me up asked the guy who I believe is the one I spoke with and he says there was only a couple.

The store across the street apparently didn't have any either.

Oh and the 3ds box is a bit beat up around the corners. The serial # sticker is also half-on the box as well.

Gonna stop going to this place as well. I had Ni No Kuni paid off in full since Nov and they didn't have enough steelbooks. When I went to pickup on Wednesday the guy tried to give me an opened copy as well. He gave me some bs how they sold out of sealed copies. Pretty sure some non-preorders got actual new games.

[quote name='slidecage']well some news for you amazon people like myself i got some info .. if the CS was telling the TRUTH OR just BS

if you ordered later then Jan 15 your still have 1 to 2 weeks to wait or longer

orders after jan 22 3 to 5 weeks or longer ....

screw them i just buy it from target sunday[/QUOTE]

i ordered 2 weeks ago and mine shipped today.

[quote name='motorkill']Amazon shipped my copy today. Should be getting it on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

When did you order if you don't mind me asking

I originally placed my order on Jan-17, but cancelled and reordered on Jan-23 to get it a few dollars cheaper through my golden box deal.

[quote name='motorkill']I originally placed my order on Jan-17, but cancelled and reordered on Jan-23 to get it a few dollars cheaper through my golden box deal.[/QUOTE]

I see, I ordered very late. Blunder on my part but I never had this much trouble getting a fire emblem title unless I waited months.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']on Wednesday, I called the gs where I reserved a bundle. manager? told me they didn't get any - maybe Friday. I call today a bit after 12pm and a guy tells me they got the games and bundles in but when I asked about the artbook he said by Tuesday (he went to ask someone) which is when they will hold my bundle until as well.

A few hours later I read that the store did get artbooks so I call again. I believe the same guy picks up and tells me that there are only a few left. When I ask if they can hold it for me with my bundle he says no as there are too few artbooks for the bundle reserves - first come first serve.

So I get to the store about an hour later and find out that there are no more artbooks. The girl that rang me up asked the guy who I believe is the one I spoke with and he says there was only a couple.

The store across the street apparently didn't have any either.

Oh and the 3ds box is a bit beat up around the corners. The serial # sticker is also half-on the box as well.

Gonna stop going to this place as well. I had Ni No Kuni paid off in full since Nov and they didn't have enough steelbooks. When I went to pickup on Wednesday the guy tried to give me an opened copy as well. He gave me some bs how they sold out of sealed copies. Pretty sure some non-preorders got actual new games.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pains. I pre-ordered my copy as well but I didn't get steelbook and the GUY is JERK (Independence Commons, MO). I end up return the game on the SPOT & Walked out the DOOR. Save me $65-ish I'll waits when the price it drop below $30 now ;)

Well.. i said screw it and opened it

Jesus Christ.. friggin youtube. Made a quick unboxing video earlier today, had some trouble uploading it to youtube. It finally went up though if anyone wants to see it with the game, artbook, and a color comparison with an old blue DS lite. Plus you get to see my messy ass bedroom. Free cookie to anyone who spots the okami doll ;P

Im a bit disapointed with the color actually. I assumed it was a really deep blue like the old cobalt/royal blue looking DS lites, but its quite a bit lighter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCynywWW8W8

anyway i'll read the rest of the thread since i last posted tomorow its friggin late. Im curious how happy most of you are with this thing

If uou cant find a copy of the game at target or at bestbuy, check your local walmart. I got mine from them. Alot of times people forget that walmart also carry games in their stores. Hehe

[quote name='CAGkrazy']If uou cant find a copy of the game at target or at bestbuy, check your local walmart. I got mine from them. Alot of times people forget that walmart also carry games in their stores. Hehe[/QUOTE]

This. Managed to snag the last one at my local Walmart, which was win-lose as I wanted to get two for me and my friend. But, alas. He has to wait haha

Does anyone know if Kmart has or will get copies of Fire Emblem? I know some of the other local stores got 1-3 copies (all sold out now)

But I when I went to Kmart and asked about the game I got the Deer in headlights look and the generic "if we carry it it will be stocked on the shelf" response which I know isn't true because on most Tuesday's I'd have to ask the employee to look in the back for the game.

[quote name='GBAstar']Does anyone know if Kmart has or will get copies of Fire Emblem? I know some of the other local stores got 1-3 copies (all sold out now)

But I when I went to Kmart and asked about the game I got the Deer in headlights look and the generic "if we carry it it will be stocked on the shelf" response which I know isn't true because on most Tuesday's I'd have to ask the employee to look in the back for the game.[/QUOTE]

It looks like they will be carrying it. On their website it says "Coming Soon" with a release date of 2/10 (tomorrow). Who knows if this is spot-on accurate, but it looks like they will be stocking it.

http://www.kmart.com/nintendo-fire-...W004740368001P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

Called every store in my area that carries Fire Emblem and no luck. One of the Gamestops in Rockaway, NJ (Outside the mall) did still have one 3DS bundle. Luckily I found that Toys R Us is taking pre-orders for the game online with a February 12th release date. They have free standard shipping for pre-orders right now. Also I work at Toys R Us so I'll return it and rebuy it with my 10% discount. I'm in no rush with my giant backlog.

The best buy by me had two copies. They must have received them yesterday cause they didn't have any since Tuesday and someone had to go to the back to find it. I'm looking forward to play it. I just need to find time to play it now that i have a 1 month old in the house now.

[quote name='letskissthesky']The best buy by me had two copies. They must have received them yesterday cause they didn't have any since Tuesday and someone had to go to the back to find it. I'm looking forward to play it. I just need to find time to play it now that i have a 1 month old in the house now.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat last year. I found a good pair of headphones and would rock the baby to sleep while playing Dark Souls. I looked forward to the baby's nap every two hours, lol. Picking up my copy of Fire Emblem next week, psyched to try this out, there's a ton of favorable reviews. Haven't played a strategy game since Shining Force on the Genesis. Geez, I'm old.

For anyone like me who was worried that your online gamestop preorder was not going to include the artbook because it was not itemized on your invoice im happy to say mine was in fact included. Just received it in the mail and im ready to aid Chrom in kicking that booty. :D I pre-ordered on Jan 17th for reference.

[quote name='GBAstar']Does anyone know if Kmart has or will get copies of Fire Emblem? I know some of the other local stores got 1-3 copies (all sold out now)

But I when I went to Kmart and asked about the game I got the Deer in headlights look and the generic "if we carry it it will be stocked on the shelf" response which I know isn't true because on most Tuesday's I'd have to ask the employee to look in the back for the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Kmart's carrying it. I just got my copy from there on Wednesday. I'm not sure how many they were carrying initially but my local Kmart had one left after I got mine.

Picked up my copy Friday before work Friday. Went to work and came out realizing my car was locked with my keys inside. I had to drive home in my uncle's truck and now I head back to go to work and unlock the car with my spare key. I might finally play it tomorrow.

Picked up a copy at my local Toysrus today. Dunno how many copies they had, because they still use the stupid ticket system.

Picked up my copy I pre-ordered today. Got lucky and ended up with an extra art book :D (they had one extra than they had pre-orders and gave it to me for renewing my PUR card.

Went to Kmart tonight and they had 3 copies, I bought one, and while talking about the game with the store clerk he decided to set aside his own copy after I told him that not even GameStop had copies online or in store.

[quote name='Echotech83']Went to Kmart tonight and they had 3 copies, I bought one, and while talking about the game with the store clerk he decided to set aside his own copy after I told him that not even GameStop had copies online or in store.[/QUOTE]

My Kmart is so stupid. I went in this week and got the "if it isn't in the display we don't have it" response.

So after others reported seeing it there I went back today during the snowstorm. I guess only 4 employees showed up (the rest called out).

The employee that tried helping me said no one had keys to the storage area so he couldn't check "out back".

He also said he couldn't look in their computer using the online KSN (item #).

It's killing me because I know they have it and the one reliable employee that has helped me in the past hasn't been working during my past two visits.

If it wasn't for layaway and being a hub for the public transportation system that place would have closed shop years ago.

[quote name='GBAstar']My Kmart is so stupid. I went in this week and got the "if it isn't in the display we don't have it" response.

So after others reported seeing it there I went back today during the snowstorm. I guess only 4 employees showed up (the rest called out).

The employee that tried helping me said no one had keys to the storage area so he couldn't check "out back".

It's killing me because I know they have it and the one reliable employee that has helped me in the past hasn't been working during my past two visits.

If it wasn't for layaway and being a hub for the public transportation system that place would have closed shop years ago.[/QUOTE]
Kmart should be stocking Fire Emblem, it is actually in the weekly AD starting tomorrow.

Also ToysRus are taking pre-orders for the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

[quote name='GBAstar']My Kmart is so stupid. I went in this week and got the "if it isn't in the display we don't have it" response.

If it wasn't for layaway and being a hub for the public transportation system that place would have closed shop years ago.[/QUOTE]

Yea the Kmart I went to is so rundown I'm surprised it's still open. I only went cause Kmart.com said it had fire emblem in stock and I remembered how empty the store was that last time I was there, which was at least six years ago. Just lucked out I guess.

Mine finally shipped from Amazon yesterday. Was in a Gamestop today in Rochester, MN and they said no copies but they knew Wal-Mart had some copies near there last time they checked. So good luck if anyone lives near there and wants one. Check ahead first.

I went to Gamestop to check if they had the game in stock, and nope. However seems someone canceled their pre-order for the 3ds bundle, so I picked that up. Forgot to ask about the art book, oh well. :)

I'm so glad that I pre-ordered. I went in my Gamestop last month to pick up a game on the chance that they may have it (according to the online stock check), but they didn't, so I ended up getting something else and it occurred to me that FE was releasing soon so I decided to put 5 down on it. I usually pre-order from Amazon, but I thought "what the hell" at the time. So glad I did. I called once I got off of work to check if they had received their stock (since they pushed the release back due to the shipping/supply issue) and could tell immediately in the employees' tone when he asked me if I had a pre-order that he was about deliver some bad news. Thankfully I did, and they still had the art book saved for me.

What's the deal though? Nintendo not meeting the demand (or underestimating it) or are they just having manufacturing issues? They've actually been advertising for the game. Hell, as I'm typing this a commercial for the game is playing on my TV in the background.

[quote name='prettycrazy']I'm so glad that I pre-ordered. I went in my Gamestop last month to pick up a game on the chance that they may have it (according to the online stock check), but they didn't, so I ended up getting something else and it occurred to me that FE was releasing soon so I decided to put 5 down on it. I usually pre-order from Amazon, but I thought "what the hell" at the time. So glad I did. I called once I got off of work to check if they had received their stock (since they pushed the release back due to the shipping/supply issue) and could tell immediately in the employees' tone when he asked me if I had a pre-order that he was about deliver some bad news. Thankfully I did, and they still had the art book saved for me.

What's the deal though? Nintendo not meeting the demand (or underestimating it) or are they just having manufacturing issues? They've actually been advertising for the game. Hell, as I'm typing this a commercial for the game is playing on my TV in the background.[/QUOTE]

I have a theory that they made a limited print run for the hardcore gamers who want a physical copy and are hoping everyone else buys it digitally.

[quote name='Gators300']I have a theory that they made a limited print run for the hardcore gamers who want a physical copy and are hoping everyone else buys it digitally.[/QUOTE]

I think so too. I think they're just trying to push digital downloads more and more since a lot of Nintendo games are being released on the e-shop now. I don't really know why else the print run would be so limited, they didn't even say it was going to be a small run before it was released did they?

i got matched for the game on VGgames and the seller was kind enough to cancel the transaction (digital code)

game isnt long enough for 40 bucks digital code for me....though i will be more then happy if i get match for any sort of Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan i even take digital code on that one

[quote name='Deader2818']They likely didnt print to many because Fire Emblem doesnt do well in the US.[/QUOTE]

This is what I think. Even with Smash helping to spread the fan base, it's still not big. I'm shocked though that the demand is extremely high. I guess word of mouth worked better this time around.

I don't know if I believe in the idea that they're not going to print many; I've seen that embarrassing commercial on television at least twice a day for the past week or two.

I, too, am a bit surprised at the low stock on the physical copies of the game. When I picked mine up from Gamestop on Tuesday, both the Target (3 copies) and Best Buy (7 copies) in town had games available on the shelf...so I figured the "shipping delay" had been resolved.

Much to my surprise, EVERYWHERE in the 4-state region is sold out currently and, based on past shipping trends from Nintendo during this quarter (e.g. non-holiday), I would imagine a 1-3 week wait until the second shipment.

On the upside, the game is amazing and, in true CAG fashion, I basically got the game for free. I ended up selling my artbook on ebay for ~$37 Tuesday afternoon which, after fees, provided a net gain of $32. In the end, this translates to about $10 spent for the game on release.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']This is what I think. Even with Smash helping to spread the fan base, it's still not big. I'm shocked though that the demand is extremely high. I guess word of mouth worked better this time around.[/QUOTE]
I'm about 20 hours in and this is by far the best Fire Emblem I've played and I played all the US releases. I think the word of mouth has to be helping. The few people I know that picked it up are definitely trying to spread the word on how good this one is. Hopefully that is helping to generate sales and seeing how quickly it sold out when stores finally got copies I think its doing much better than Nintendo expected.

[quote name='gnugget5']I, too, am a bit surprised at the low stock on the physical copies of the game. When I picked mine up from Gamestop on Tuesday, both the Target (3 copies) and Best Buy (7 copies) in town had games available on the shelf...so I figured the "shipping delay" had been resolved.

Much to my surprise, EVERYWHERE in the 4-state region is sold out currently and, based on past shipping trends from Nintendo during this quarter (e.g. non-holiday), I would imagine a 1-3 week wait until the second shipment.

On the upside, the game is amazing and, in true CAG fashion, I basically got the game for free. I ended up selling my artbook on ebay for ~$37 Tuesday afternoon which, after fees, provided a net gain of $32. In the end, this translates to about $10 spent for the game on release.[/QUOTE]

nice job. how do u know the fees on ebay? I mean is there a difference buy it now vs start price? Sorry new to ebay.

[quote name='The Punisher']nice job. how do u know the fees on ebay? I mean is there a difference buy it now vs start price? Sorry new to ebay.[/QUOTE]

I've had a seller account on ebay for the past decade (or so), and I know people tend to buy more from established, trusted sellers...so take this with a grain of salt.

The various fees on ebay come from:

1. Listing fees
2. Closing fees (a set % of final price, depending on the type of item and auction format)
3. Electronic payment transfer fees (e.g. paypal)

Up until a few years ago, some sellers used to get away from "paying" these fees by gouging buyers on shipping and handling charges. With the inclusion of our ability to sort listings by price+shipping and shipping cost caps (for some items), this has been minimized (to an extent). I personally only ever charged reasonable S&H fees, so I didn't feel the backlash after the changes were implemented.

OK, guys and gals, I need your help. I'm interested in 3DS but I do not know what model to get. I've heard that the XL is not as comfortable but I've never found any specifics. Can anyone, who has both models, share the advantages and disadvantages of both models? I would really appreciate it. This bundle does interest me but I don't know if I should go with the normal 3ds model or the XL. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='gnugget5']I've had a seller account on ebay for the past decade (or so), and I know people tend to buy more from established, trusted sellers...so take this with a grain of salt.

The various fees on ebay come from:

1. Listing fees
2. Closing fees (a set % of final price, depending on the type of item and auction format)
3. Electronic payment transfer fees (e.g. paypal)

Up until a few years ago, some sellers used to get away from "paying" these fees by gouging buyers on shipping and handling charges. With the inclusion of our ability to sort listings by price+shipping and shipping cost caps (for some items), this has been minimized (to an extent). I personally only ever charged reasonable S&H fees, so I didn't feel the backlash after the changes were implemented.[/QUOTE]

People still use eBay to sell stuff? Amazon is better.

bread's done
Back