Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends!

Don't pull colorless they say.  Well this just happened.  

IMG_3195_zpsabr7iikj.png

Ho lee shit.  I am so happy right now.  But then I checked the IVs and they are both bad.  +def/-atk Nowi and +hp/-sped Takumi.  Oh well.  I'm still going to use them.   Every time I click a colorless orb I'm channeling thoughts of Takumi and I actually pulled one. 

What's your arena score?  I'm stuck at 4,617 with two deaths.  Got to 5 wins again yesterday then got wiped out and I screwed up by not forfeiting so I have to waste another dueling sword just to reset lol.  I'm stuck at zero defenses as well.   Been trying some new things. 

I haven't seen the all mage thing work at all yet.   I've got Blucina, Nino, Tharja, Olivia slotted in there now.  I think the best defense team is basically a 1-2 square counter team like Ryoma, Hector, Nowi, and Takumi.  The all-red all-blue seems to work okay but it's not been reliable for my f2p units.  Can tell for sure it's mostly that I'm not getting many matchups because my units don't have full abilities. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Score is 4830, an average of 690 per battle using two +1 units, all 5* and fully skilled(though one only has a level 1 b skill and the another only has a level 1 special)
Currently in the top 1k but I will assuredly be bumped out by the end of the season since I am below last seasons cutoff.
Currently training a seliph to get fully skill inherited since I have a extra of him to merge to try to get an even higher score. May be ill advised though since he kind of sucks though that was before skill inheritance.

Best defense team right now is simply Reinhardt plus dancer. Put a gunter next to Reinhardt to put him on steroids. If everything falls correctly that's a nuke with 7 attack range.

Well I have gone beyond that now. My flier team just rakes in the defenses.

For you though something I find really annoying is two mages with two melee with the mages having drawback. It keeps them all clustered together and if you want to go in to kill one guy, you're right in the range of wtd of another. If everyone is all mage though, that means you can bait single character, but you can't do that if it's a melee with a mage behind them since they have the same attack range.

How many times can you find in the arena?

Is this the best way to get feathers?

I have like 80 dual crest that I have never used and wanna earn some feathers so I have upgrade some units.

Any pointers for arena battles. I mostly play in the beginner.

My team are all 5*

Karel 37

Young Tiki Lv 36

Julia Lv 36

Chrom Lv

This is my current team as I work on the team I want.

I need to upgrade Robin (m) and Cordelia.

And I just got a 4* Camilla. Was super excited about that.

You can fight in arena as much as you want as long you have crests. The goal is just to get a 7 win streak with a score you're satisfied with though. I think you can fight 18 times in a season without using crests? Yes this the best way to get feathers. I can get 20,000 feathers in 3 arena seasons.

You always have to use a bonus unit, they double your score. You won't get meaningful rewards otherwise. Also using 3 reds is asking for someone to die since people use a lot of blues now.

First your goal should be getting at least 4K score for highest offense reward which shouldn't be too difficult. Just do the best you can to get a 7 win streak first. After you secured that then you try to maximize your score by going harder difficulties and aiming for no death runs. If someone or 2 people dies, you just surrender to reset the streak and try again. The goal is to complete the streak with the least deaths possible so you can get ranked.

Welp I finished training seliph, merged him, and burned a crest to see what kind of score in arena would pop up and all three were 688, which is lower than my average using a nonmerged unit.

I would use one of them but I don't have any of them that are 5*

The closest I have is a 4* Star Cherche and Vizion. I am trying to level up my other 5* units so I can have better options for fighting in the arenas and Grand Hero Challenges. 

Any tips for leveling up fast? I have been fighting the training tower to level my unit's up.

Is there any other ways?

The closest I have is a 4* Star Cherche and Vizion. I am trying to level up my other 5* units so I can have better options for fighting in the arenas and Grand Hero Challenges.

Any tips for leveling up fast? I have been fighting the training tower to level my unit's up.
Is there any other ways?
a 3* bonus is better than any 5* unit. They affect your score that much.
Training tower is the only way to level. Current grand hero units are always bonus units in the following arena season it's always important to grab them and level them in case you have no one else.

a 3* bonus is better than any 5* unit. They affect your score that much.
Training tower is the only way to level. Current grand hero units are always bonus units in the following arena season it's always important to grab them and level them in case you have no one else.
If you use more than one does the score go up?

And thanks a lot for all the help. My friends are all casual and I have been trying to get a little better and get more feathers too.

If you use more than one does the score go up?
And thanks a lot for all the help. My friends are all casual and I have been trying to get a little better and get more feathers too.
No having more than one doesn't change the bonus which is double your score

Is there any other ways?
You need to level up all your units to 40. By the sounds of your posts you don't have your main units to the level cap yet. F2P people that do arena have dozens of units at level 40 so that they have options, and so they're able to use various bonus characters.

Are there other people besides F2P people?
Thats my main goals right now, is to level up all my 5* unit to 40.
Focus on getting your main three units plus bonus unit to level 40 first. When they're arena ready, you can then train the others.
I have been using Roy and Shareena for arena since the second week of the game. Nino was my third member for a long while too. I slowly made them stronger and stronger first so that they could hold the fort so that I could train more versatile teams later. Now I don't need to use them anymore(I still do though cuz they're real good)

That is what I am doing now in between Lunatic missions to score more orbs. I think I might have one or two more full summons.

Can train them as hard as I can cause I have like over 50 stamina potions that I rarely use.

Thanks for the help.

Got Julia and Tiki both up to lv 40 and my 4* Robin (m) as well since I needed a blue to help balance my team out.

I am going to promote him and work on my other 5* characters like Karel and Chrom and then my lower level 5* like Merric and Lilana.

Still need to level up Cordelia too.

I did a summon and got nothing I didnt have before and no 5* just another 4* Star Cain.

I almost have enough for another summon.

So while leveling up my character, i took the grand hero challenge cause you only have one day and I really wanted it.

With the help of Julia and Robin (M) as mages a 3* Olivia that is level 20 and Tiki since she is Tanky.

After about 4 tries of stupid mistake of not pulling a character back fast enough I manged to beat it with only Tiki taking damage that she shrugged because every time Julia attacked she got healed.

Glad I got at least one of them. Wanna try 4* but wanna get Olivia higher.

Well, I shouldn't have any problem getting Arena defenses any longer.

IMG_3208_zpsydxtdszz.png

Still can't believe I pulled Reinhardt, Takumi, and Nowi in the same week.  Reinhardt is +HP/-Res so not bad, at least.  I got bad IVs on the other characters but I don't care.  So happy right now.  If I can eventually get Ryoma, Hector, Azura, and maybe Eldigan then I will have most of everything I want. 

I'm so jelly and happy for you at the same time.

I did another Summon and got a 4* Camilla and 4* Hawkeye and 2x 3* Ninos which is super cool.

My main 4 are now all Lv 40. Also I promoted Robin (m) to a 5* now.

I am currently training Merric, Lilana Jaffar and Robin M.

They are all 5* and I want to get them into the Arena and be ready for Grand Hero champion.

I hear Robin F and Navarra might be in a grand hero.

I am so nerdy I made a spreadsheet on moves to teach my characters.

Questions: How the heck do people get more than 3 inherit skills on one unit.

This this Robin right here. He's got Draw Back, Triangle Adept, Swordbreaker and Hone Speed.

18052985_10154462642645924_1192027380_n.jpg

You can inherit as many abilities as you want.  It's just you only get to transfer 3 abilities each time you sacrifice a character.  So yeah that person had to sacrfice one char for Triangle 1,2 & 3.  Then sac another for Swordbreaker 1, 2, & 3.  Then give up a third character for Draw Back, and fourth for Hone Speed 1, 2, & 3.  They also had to play their Robin in the Training Tower accrue 1500+ SP to buy all those abilities too.  When you inherit an ability, it costs the new character 1.5x the original amount to learn it.   Grats on the 5* Robin.   Try to get him Triangle Adept 1 & 2 when you can, he's pretty good. 

I already have Triangle Adept 2 already and I love him.

This is my Robin.

17992147_10154462862660924_6073183378339775927_n.jpg

Debating if I wanna spend $20 on orbs for 2 summons cause I really wanna.

Nice, way to be.  He's an interesting, unique character because he isn't strong at any one thing.  He has low attack and even stats all around.  But that totally changes now that you have weapon advantage over half the roster, all the reds and colorless. 

Its pretty cool as you can get two more of each through that including a 4* Navarre if you beat his Lunatic Map with Robin F on your team. Already got the first Robin F and Navarre and by doing the maps. So its like 4 of each.

I purchased a 30+5 pack last night so I can do two pulls and they charged me but no orbs.

Contacting them and Apple.

They refunded my money so I bought it again and now I am going to save the orbs for that cause I would love an Ike.

Or reinhart would be awesome sauce.

What do you guys think about Luck status and pulling from only one color?  (or multiple colors that are on the banner)

I've seen the videos and read some of the theory behind only pulling banner colors and I don't necessarily agree with the theories.  I have only had good luck when I'm pulling all five orbs at once.  When I color hunt I never get anything good.  Maybe it has something to do with your pulls being predetermined as the circle of five orbs spawn e.g.  There was a blue Effie in your circle of stones but you only pulled reds and got nothing as well as didn't know there was a 5star there. 

Anyways, after using a few hundred orbs I'm a firm believer that you get a higher ratio of 5* heroes from summoning all five units at once.  But I'm going to revert to pulling only reds for this banner because I want only Ike, and I don't want a different color resetting my pity rate.

What do you guys think about Luck status and pulling from only one color? (or multiple colors that are on the banner)

I've seen the videos and read some of the theory behind only pulling banner colors and I don't necessarily agree with the theories. I have only had good luck when I'm pulling all five orbs at once. When I color hunt I never get anything good. Maybe it has something to do with your pulls being predetermined as the circle of five orbs spawn e.g. There was a blue Effie in your circle of stones but you only pulled reds and got nothing as well as didn't know there was a 5star there.

Anyways, after using a few hundred orbs I'm a firm believer that you get a higher ratio of 5* heroes from summoning all five units at once. But I'm going to revert to pulling only reds for this banner because I want only Ike, and I don't want a different color resetting my pity rate.
I believe in the 5 summons. I do not like color hunting. I read a FAQ about it and made little sense to me.

I just go all five orb cause what if hector or Lyn was in the one orb and you cancelled it.

I have 60 Orbs ready for 3 summons and I am doing all summon.

I do wish you could for like 1 orb change the summon and get different colors or something.

But I dont know the ins and outs of this game either.

In one pull I got Jaffer and Karel in the same summon.

I believe having more of the same color focus units increases your odds if you pull only from that color. That is about all I believe

I had 48 orbs and only pulling reds.  I was baffled with what to do when this happened on my third summon:

IMG_3219_zpstp4beeso.png

IMG_3218_zpsw6es54mb.png

Should I finish the summon set? My pity rate is just going to reset.  Wait my pity rate is still 3.00% so whatever, I decided to back out. 

Shortly after that, this happened:

IMG_3221_zps0h0lwk24.png

IMG_3220_zpsghn3xe2v.png

Spent only 46 orbs, have 2 remaining.  Only summoned 10 reds total.  Got the guy I wanted.   All is well. 

That's a good example of why I only draw on-color spheres for banner units that I want.  Yes, the percentages would have been different and blah blah blah; but if it cost Nothing 46 orbs, that means he showed up on his 6th cycle.  That would have taken 105 orbs doing 5 draws each time.

And though yes, there could have been a multitude of other good units in those other spheres, there was also a 100% chance that they weren't Ike.

So I had 60 orbs and pulled this guy.

The first summon had three red orbs and so did the last one and he was on the last one.

I had a lot more luck in these summons,

Was pretty happy. Also pulled a Eliwood and Abel.

18155310_10154469979470924_1775265827_n.jpg

Summon:

18110881_10154469979685924_13648886_n.jpg

My 13 orbs got me nothing. Finished all the quests and maps so I have 17 orbs now. Waiting for 3 more orbs just in case I get all color orbs. I am really reluctant to pull on colorless even though Klein is the only 4* death blow user, and I would like a setsuna.

Any tips for a Ike build.

Been looking around and can not find anything I like.

Why would someone put vantage/Quick reposte and his weapon which already counters.

Any tips?

I rolled a +HP / -Spd Ike, which at first glance is terrible.  But it's actually not that bad.  Ike's speed is already low.  His most important stats are his attack and his defense.  But you also definitely don't want to get doubled by casters either. He basically has the same stats as Ephraim who is S rank, a few pts more actually.  I LOVE Ephraim's performance. 

So I'm leaning towards Fury 3 in the A slot in order to make up for the lost speed.   If you got a -Atk, -Spd, or -Def Ike then any of those respective +3 stats from your bane would be a decent choice.  +3 Res wouldn't even be a bad choice either  since his res is so low.  Every time you can keep him up during a combat he's going to get a counter.  

For B slot I'm thinking either Quick Riposte 3, Vantage 3, or possibly even Renewal 3. QR3 seems like the best option but it's also the least available.  Renewal will counteract the Fury damage and keep him up longer in every instance.  Vantage 3 or Renewal 3 is probably the choice here.

C slot you can use whatever.  Focus your points on A and B first.  You should get a positioning assist next too, either Reposition, Swap, or Draw Back.  C slot doesn't really matter.  I would pick something that will increase his survivability like Threaten Speed 3.  Threaten Def 3 is a good choice too as it will help him take down other units. 

Being that he's a red sword physical infantry tank, I lean towards survival abilities in most instances.  Ike is a strong defender. 

I take back everything I said about Ike.  You can do basically whatever you want with him.  There are so many different options and setups.  Quick Riposte 2 or 3 still appears to be one of  his best inheritables though.  Also, it would be hard to just sacrifice his Heavy Blade talent when that makes him truly unique. 

People talk about inherit all the time but the thing is it's going to cost you 1500-2500+ SP to get all the stuff you want.  It would cost 1200 SP just to inherit Galeforce.  You're not going to do that on an un-optimized IV.  You just need to decide at the very start of leveling whether you're going to spend points on his default kit or save points for inherits.  You can't afford both.  His default kit is already pretty good.  5*s don't have the benefit of SP gain by grinding all the way to level 40 twice. 

I'm now thinking this might be the best approach:

a)Heavy Blade or Fury 3

b)Quick Riposte 2

c)w/e, save these points

then choose your special wisely.  they are expensive.  With Heavy Blade you only want to be using a 3 or 5 charge special.  I might stick with Bonfire inherit.  

I take back everything I said about Ike. You can do basically whatever you want with him. There are so many different options and setups. Quick Riposte 2 or 3 still appears to be one of his best inheritables though. Also, it would be hard to just sacrifice his Heavy Blade talent when that makes him truly unique.

People talk about inherit all the time but the thing is it's going to cost you 1500-2500+ SP to get all the stuff you want. It would cost 1200 SP just to inherit Galeforce. You're not going to do that on an un-optimized IV. You just need to decide at the very start of leveling whether you're going to spend points on his default kit or save points for inherits. You can't afford both. His default kit is already pretty good. 5*s don't have the benefit of SP gain by grinding all the way to level 40 twice.

I'm now thinking this might be the best approach:

a)Heavy Blade or Fury 3

b)Quick Riposte 2

c)w/e, save these points

then choose your special wisely. they are expensive. With Heavy Blade you only want to be using a 3 or 5 charge special. I might stick with Bonfire inherit.
I would not run a full set on him cause it would cost way too much and its so hard to get a full QR3 on him.

I have Subaki but would not waste 20.000 feather on him for that, rather on a person I wanna put skills on.

What is the difference between Heavy Blade and Fury?

I had been struggling to finish off deathless streaks in arena so i reinserted nino back into the lineup. Then it became easy to complete the streak. Nino lives a charmed life man.
Granted this was the nino team before I removed her :x

Oh trust me, I have the Wiki bookmarked at my home and work computers I just do not understand the Heavy Blade skill.

edit: I just read up on it.

Im going to run that skill then.

Not a huge fan of Fury 3, though I guess with a healer/BoLIfe user would off set it.

Reminds me of Pokemon building and using moves that hurt you, and I always hated using them.

I hear Nino is like the second coming of Mages in the game.

I scored 2, 3* versions of him in one summon.

I had been struggling to finish off deathless streaks in arena so i reinserted nino back into the lineup. Then it became easy to complete the streak. Nino lives a charmed life man.
Granted this was the nino team before I removed her :x
Nino is awesome. All you need is one reposition. The only thing I struggle against is multiple ranged characters or ranged + dancer. It's so fun owning Reinhardts and all the other common blue units with Nino too. I have seen several green mages with green tomebreaker at my level though, which is kind of weird. I really don't like those weaponbreaker B skills that are only effective at certain HP thresholds. They are so niche. There are certain exceptions like Swordbreaker on your Dragon, but still.

My deathless streak got busted up earlier this week too. I ranked 9896 last week, which was surprising, and I'm capped out at 678-682 most tries until I get some more inherits to sac.

Not that surprising to see a lot of green tomebreaker since ninos worst enemy is... nino! And Julia. Red mages are quite rare

Holy shit a lot amazing banners are gonna go up in the next two week. Golden week banner with hector, Azura, takumi and ryoma.
Voting gauntlet banners with linde, tharja, Julia and sanaki. Male side is pretty meh with henry, robin, Leo and merric.

New maps with fortresses that boost defenses.

Yellow orbs that increase 5* rates. Or let's you pick one of the golden week heroes? I dunno just guessing here.

Xander grand hero battle on may 2nd

Teased the permadeath mode.

Masked lucina. New Chrom.

Get orbs based on your arena tier?

bread's done
Back