Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends!

The psychology behind it is amazing.   You get lucky with 20 or 40 orbs and it just makes you want to pull more.  Easy to stop if you were F2P because you have no choice.   Otherwise you want to pull more.  On the other hand you get your pity rate up high and you don't want to squander it.  So you don't pull anything good and it just makes you want to pull more. 

Still no Vantage or Deathblow inherits.   Disgusting. 

Should I put Swift Sparrow 2 on my +Spd / - Res Kagero?   That's what I'm leaning towards with my one extra bunny lucina. 

IMG_3294_zpsfun5fxmo.png

I'm tired of arguing with my friend that thinks Fury 3 and Vantage goes on absolutely everything.   There are so many other ways to build characters.  I don't even see Fury 3 as a great possibility for her, as L&D3 should be better since she's not taking many hits.  I don't like all that extra fury dmg especially where the game is headed with defense and survival gauntlets. 

No idea what I'm going to put as a b) skill on her yet either.  I'm actually leaning towards Seal Atk 3.  Possibly even Poison strike.  Vantage is subpar on a unit that has 2-range-only counterattack.  Desperation also requires her to be taking damage which is exactly what you should be avoiding.  What do you think?

I've been hoarding this Swift Sparrow 2 for a couple months now.  Surprisingly, it's not ideal on many units at all.  It would put her at 39 spd on the player phase, +1 with a seal.

I'm tired of the Fury 3 on everything echo chamber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well fury 3 isn't bad on her... It allows her to bait a ranged unit once, provides stats during enemy phase. Life and death pretty much guarantees a breeze will take her out, which means you gotta go with vantage or desperation so she's never hit(procced with ardent sacrifice). I don't think there's any argument that those are her best b skills.
Swift sparrow is good, as is death blow, fury, darting blow, anything that increases her attack or speed. Would I put an exclusive skill like swift sparrow on her though? Im not sure. darting blow seems good enough to me, no infantry unit will survive a double from kagerou. And if we're worried about counter attacks then there's desperation.

Actually Lukas would survive wouldn't he? Hmm. And then there's the defense tiles. I don't think even swift sparrow would secure kills on high defense infantry units there. Don't even have to be Lukas level.

Yeah, fury 3 is good on her.  It's good on almost everyone.   But once they finally tune the game where Fury 3 isn't the best in most situations everyone is going to be so screwed because their whole army will all need new skills at 525+ SP. 

Like I'm going to put Fury 3 + Vantage 3 on my Ryoma.  I'm actually probably going to promote Xander and Cecilia this week too!  Xander likes those skills as well.   But I don't want everyone relying on Fury, you know?  GHBs and defense maps, even whittling down armor emblem units it's not good and that's where we're headed. 

btw what does your arena score look like these days?  You never post about it!

Right there's a distinct disadvantage to using fury when fortress tiles are in play as well as for defense maps. But the skill is so good since it gives you a little bit of everything and well it's easier to get than deathblow and other great a skills.

I'm salty about arena because of bladetomes and dancers and Reinhardt ruining my runs. I couldnt finish a deathless run last week and was knocked out of the top 10k rank. This week I have given up and brought out gronnade Camilla, and still ended up with one death. Smh
Well I'll probably get a deathless run in the end, gronnblade Camilla is that broken.
Current score 4707, rank 12032 in tier 15
Also no defense yet this week. Sad. They increased the feathers too. Forcing my bonus unit onto the team is really holding me back it seems.

I am considering upgrading Ursula and Xander to team with Reinhardt and Eli wood for horse emblem.

ah, interesting.   Yeah it takes a very specific team in order to go deathless.  It's not easy. 

check out my arena score from last week:

IMG_3284_zpsde4oqqel.png

apparently I missed more feathers by one ranking lol.  But I'm going to assume this was a bug in scoring with the new arena rollout.

My first deathless streak this week got ruined on match 7 with only two characters left alive.  Disgusting.  But I just finished a deathless run with a score of 4,776.   I just started getting 686 matchups becuase I finally trained Ike in a crappy C skill.  It was 678-682 on 90% of queues before that.  Currently ranked 5,733 in Tier 15 but I will drop to the second set of tiered promotions at 6,307 and be rank 16 most likely.  Probably 75% of teams I fight have a dancer now, usually Azura.

I -just- got my first arena defense of the week.  I have determined that it won't matchmake you with others if you use characters with incomplete skills, lower rating.   My best teams don't get any wins at all because every character is missing one key inherited ability.  I put in all my highest SP spent guys and finally got two defenses with a crappy team. 

I am positive that composition doesn't really matter at all, but you need to get matchmaking correct somehow.   Last week I only got one defense as well.  So put your highest SP spent, most abilities equipped, guys in there and try that out. 

Actually you didn't miss it. That is the reward for top 10k. What luck you have.

I think it maybe best to just go up a single tier for us who are on the edge. If only 6300 people make it into tier 17 next week, that means we'd have to be top 4400 or else you'll get dropped to tier 16 while it will be easy for next weeks tier 16 peeps to get into tier 17. Well top 4400 isn' exactly out of reach if Xander is a bonus unit next, but it's simply easier to go up only a single tier at a time.

Well I have always been using flier emblem for defense and they are certainly all the above in most equips/sp spent/highest SP earned. im making it simple now with cancer dancer and cancertome Camilla.

Some interesting new abilities on the new banner. Celica gets a legendary weapon that has spur effect of atk/spd +5 if she is at full health. She also gets distant defense- +6 def/res when attacked by ranged, which sounds crazy good for tanks. This skill would allow beruka to tank almost everything in the game.
New tomes that give +2 spur effect to every stat for every adjacent ally.
Earth defense- +6 def spur if more than 3hp than opponent
Healer skill that removes 1/2 damage penalty

Yeah Celica looks really cool.  Distant defense is awesome.  Same with Ragnarok.   I don't know about the other characters though.

Wrathful Staff is a fantastic ability.  It's really dumb how they keep rewarding whaling though.  Get a couple rare abilities and put them on the newest 5*s.  It's getting old, quick.  I don't see how that's ever going to change either.  Things like Wrathful staff should be a 4* ability. 

People are already theorizing like they have Wrathful Staff to inherit to their best dps healers.  It gets dumb.

Yeah it sucks all the shiny new abilities are pretty much 5* only
I'm glad theyre trying to make healers more viable, but whose bringing in healers to be their main damage dealer. I think healer is best as bait, debuff tank with martyr and live to serve. But then again I haven't gotten any offensive healers.

Well gambling man is back. $90 for tharja, here we go!

Grats on the pulls!  What luck.  You must have been pulling reds only.

I have had Tharja for awhile and I find myself just not using her at all.  She probably works just as well as Nino in arena if you can get a blue and a green caddy for her.  I'm not sure how well it would work running two mages though.   I find myself needing at least two bruisers in order to bait things. 

Armor teams have gotten so strong.   I've been seeing a lot of Distant Counter Zephiel, Hector, Azura teams.  I'm not sure how to handle them if my mage can't pick one off. 

I don't know if there is a possible way I could have beaten that team just now with a Bunny Camilla for his 4th.  Ideally you sit back and let them enemies run straight ahead of the armors, but when there's two armors with Pivot it doesn't seem to work.  You have to kill something after the first enemy phase or else they close in too quickly with a dancer. 

All my orbs have been blown. Yeah I did all reds, and 2 greys and 1 blue to finish off a few sessions.

Summing up my session

5* 2 sanaki, 1 Cain, 1 tharja -hp +atk
Fodder
Roy- triangle adept
3 Palla- moonbow, goad flyers, wings of mercy (could even use one if they have good boon bane)
2 lonqu- vantage(not a fan of the skills though)
Shanna- desperation
Selena- reposition, threaten speed, triangle adept 2
2 Eirika- maybe hold to upgrade and merge later
3 henry- ignis, green tomebreaker, raven tome
2 Laslow- axebreaker
Chrom- maybe I'll upgrade and give aether to someone
Draug- ward armor
Many raighs and stahls sent home
The rest- fir, Hana, ogma Jacob

I'd prefer 3 tharjas but I'll take 2 sanaki. Cain has many great skills for inherit. I really needed that triangle adept from Roy. Always good to get more repositions

So lucky.  I have never pulled a Lon'qu ever, and have around five guys that need Vantage 3.  That's what was so disheartening with spending all that money last banner.  No inherits that I really needed.  Nice job getting +Atk on the unit you wanted. 

Sanaki is pretty cool too man, I've been trying to figure out what to do with her.  Right now she's a better defense character than offense, in this one-shot metagame.   She's a red Julia.

I'm up to 5/7 on a new deathless streak and just beat two more Zephiel + Hector + Azura teams averaging 690 per win.  If I can win the next two it will be an all-time high score. 

Armor teams a legitimate threat if you're not prepared. Stacking ward armors will make even mages fear them. Sit them on a fortress tile and you're in for a bad time. No joke but armour slayers aren't looking so bad right around now.

I have found that having your own beefy tank is great for holding off armours. Beruka loves dueling armours on fortress tiles. Running double mage is definitely viable. I would argue it's the strongest setup if you run triangle adept. Covers all your weakness.

I love facing armour teams. Fun dancing around them UNTIL you face them on the two walls map. What a nightmare

Ideally you'd run armor slayer on your bonus unit, yeah. Or armor slayer on your third unit if you have a strong bonus unit to use.  We've finally arrived at that point.  It would have be a red sword armor slayer too because if you're green or blue you'll lose triangle advantage against Zeph or Hector. 

5* Selena as your bonus unit would be helpful. 

Having to facilitate bringing this bonus unit is the only thing making any of this harder.  If you could bring whatever you wanted as your fourth, you could do anything.

I wonder how many people run Armor emblem on offense?  It would be interesting to have a defense team with Selena + Oboro.  You'd obliterate armors.

For some reason the cancer mages are a lot less prevalent in the 690 score range. I need a 5* bonus unit asap to escape this hell.

Bonus unit is definitely what makes arena hard. It's usually dead weight that leaves a gaping hole in your team. Likewise making a bonus unit required on defense also creates a hole that's even bigger since it's ai.

I can't imagine armour teams losing to armour slayers on offense. That's just a matter of working the wta. Even if they mess up their defenses are high enough for them to not die. I will always reiterate that even mages will have a hard time denting armour team with quad ward armour. But it's still their biggest threat

Also I chose henry for voting gauntlet because I'm a feather whore.
I will regroup with tharja in the final round if all goes as planned

Yes got my defense win too. Thank you arena gauntlet missions!

oh man it's me against you.  I chose Leo for same reason.  there was only one hour today to spend flags lol. I've been rank 1,200-1,300 all day.  Gotta burn these flags as soon as we get disadvantage.  Looks like you just got the advantage now.

What's funny is that Leo is such a bad character that I'm not using him on all the rounds where I don't spend flags.  I've lost 2 battles today. 

I've lost much more than 2 battles. Game is gifting me level 1 henry as teammates while giving me blue enemies. Thy fixed the bug where you get level 40 allies when using a level 1 character in gauntlet it seems.
I used 400 flags during triple points and am only rank 2500. I saw someone not use any flags with a rank of 7000. I'll probably save the rest of my flags since top 1k looks like it'll take significant investment.

Spend em all each round imo.   Each person has the same upward ceiling cap on points from flags. You get 66,000 every time you spend 200 flags during the bonus.   People are all capped at the same number of flags.   The only thing the separates everyone at the top is the number of 100-110 matches they queue and win. 

Last two voting gauntlets I picked the winner from the very start and thought I was smart.   Saved all my flags for round 3 winner bracket and still ended up rank #1,218 for 3100 feathers in the final round, and total rank #7,382 for 2,200 feathers cumulative.  Now after re-examining things, you get the most feathers by splurging on losers in each of the first two rounds.

You're better off shooting for 2,500 feathers in each of the first two rounds. i.e. Do well with a loser.  There were literally 7800 other players queueing more often than me, the only thing that separates those top ranks.  I spent every flag and maxed my score, didn't lose a single match.  No one could have scored more from flags. Dozens of ranks in the final round were separated by the hundreds. 

No I suggest you save some flags at least. Round 1 is easy to get top 5k if you choose the right guy, which we have. Round 2 will be significantly harder to be top 5k and then round 3 even worse.
My experience from the last gauntlet says to says to only do what you must to secure top 5k in round 1 and 2 while use everything else to get top 10k in round 3. The 3x bonus throws a wrench in the plan though, since who is to say you will even have enough time to use all your flags during 3x bonus, which would impact overall ranking

Well yeah if you don't think you can go up a tier it makes sense to save.   Once you think you have rank 5000 or rank 1000 secured.

None of this really matters tbh.  I think everyone who participates every day is going end up within 2000 feathers of each other or so.  Voting gauntlet is dumb.  Just glad to get some feathers. 

who knows maybe it is best to try to secure top 1k in the first round, you certainly aren't going to get it in the second round, and it's so easy to get knocked into top 30k in third round

I will gladly aim for those 2000 extra feathers, need as much as we can get.

I think there's a good chance you could get it in the second round if you pick a good loser.  I don't see many people splurging with more than one round of flags on just the second round. 

You'd be surprised. I believe it took more than a full round of flags to just be 5k on team Minerva during the second round. The voting population on your team doubles too. Even the lowest scoring characters get a gigantic boost in round 2.

I think we can both agree that if you're going to burn flags it'd better as soon as possible. When weakness ping ponging is almost active

After analyzing the data, is you're right. you've gotta burn the flags as soon as the 3x bonus happens. There simply isn't enough swings in the voting to use them all up, especially if you sleep normal hours since that covers the first few hours of a round where the most swings occur.

Yeah I don't know.  There isn't anything such as making a plan to spend flags anymore.  You're pretty much just going for the cumulative at this point.  I only dropped down to rank 2000 after I slept.  I have only spent 400 flags for 66,000 points x 2.

It's so hard to pull the trigger on spending feathers.  A little voice in my head is always telling me that I might as well be promoting the main story characters.  Because one of them is bonus character most of the time and they are often used in quests. 

Some arena sessions would go a lot more smoothly if they were all properly built anyway. Could actually go 4v4 instead of 4v3. Also you escape 680 tome hell teams. At least two of the free heroes are usually bonus heroes alongside the askr lords as well. If you like one of them, wouldn't hurt to promote them either in case you don't want to work on alfonse or Anna.

Well I've gone and blown 1200 flags on henry. Hopefully this is the push that'll get me into top 1k

Damn that's a lot of flags on Henry for one round.  It's going to get you 400 more feathers.  So if we lose in round 2, do we want to join winning Tharja?  Or join the obvious loser type?  I think it's only 500 feathers for winning rd 3, isn't it?  Should prob just keep joining the losers. 

Yeah.  My plan is to promote Xander and Cecelia.  I have 45k feathers.  Only reason I haven't gone through with it yet is my lvl 40 4* Cecelia has a +HP IV.  Was kind of hoping to get a +Atk one.  I like to promote or pull orbs in groups so everyone can level up at the same time ya know?

I also just realized that I have a +Atk -Spd Chrom 4*.   He has the highest attack in the game.  If I ever get a Brave Sword+ it is going straight to him.

Bunny Camilla just wrecked another one of my deathless streaks.  She has wrecked both my deathless streaks this week.  Flier + dancer is the most dangerous thing to me now.   Somehow a Cordelia got her Galeforce in one enemy phase and wrecked my streak too.  Still not sure how it even happened. 

Rank 655 on team henry. Time to call it a day.

From the account of someone already on team tharja, they are in the top 1k just from using flags only in the 3x bonuses she had. The downside is those bonuses occurred early in the morning, like 5 am and 8am est time. If someone could hit those times then theoretically they would score more feathers than whoever is on the losing team. Otherwise you're pretty much not going to be top 10k unless you have saved a lot of flags. And your cumulative score will suffer a drop no doubt because you can't burn all your flags in the bonus period. Maximizing feathers would be joining the losing side still I think. But the different won't be large if you can hit the bonus periods. Well not like it would huge if you don't either, but maybe like a thousand feather difference if you fail to hit em as a tharja supporter.

I would hold off on Cecilia since she is so common, I do regret upgrading my less than great iv Nino to 5* after summoning a better one later.

Red mage with triangle adept is the only answer to spring Camilla. Triangle adept is legit one of the best skills in the game.
Cordelia certainly has the capability to do that if she can quad someone.

Actually I'll just join team tharja in round 2. The sweet victory rewards will make up for my drop in. Cumulative scoring.

Bunny Camilla is the worst.  Every one that I have seen has G.Tomebreaker, and a dancer.   They are all out to wreck my team.  So mad I never got her during all those spring pulls. 

So much of the best websites are bullshit even.   Stop acting like you've played with Ephraim, you haven't.   He doesn't want TA3.  He wants to stay alive, tank, and buff.   He's a frontline bruiser.  Stop saying Moonbow goes on EVERYTHING.  It doesn't.   Especially not on Brave weapon users.   Units that charge faster want 3 and 5 cooldown specials usually.  Moonbow only adds a few points of damage, to things you were probably already going to kill.  It's good on attackers that approach that threshold but don't always clear it. 

Half of people seem to think that Fury 3, Vantage, Moonbow, Hone Attack, etc goes on 80% of your units.  They don't.

Well like I said your only choice is to run a red mage with triangle adept. That's the only counter. triangle adept is the only defense against blade tome. Wta is not enough if they hit 89 damage with full buffs.

Eh there's only so many useful skills to use, it's not surprising builds just get copy and pasted. Half the people think def and res is useless, or that brave axe cherche is the best green flier even though she crumbles like paper. What can ya do.

Been thinking about Xander a lot lately and there are basically two really good builds for him:

1) Fury + Vantage, of course

2) something + Quick Riposte

3) TA3 + Swordbreaker, you could even do this.

Xander is basically Red Hector with a few less attack and HPs.   By giving him QR2 you are cloning Hector, except for the fact that Xander can't have QR plus Vantage.

Heavy Blade and Quick Riposte would be excellent.  Otherwise you could use Deathblow or +Atk in the a)slot.  Bonfire or Ignis obviously.  I don't think Fury pairs well with QR though, it takes you out of QR range.  Maybe that doesn't matter.  But you always hope to be able to use it more than once, esp once you get QR3.  Xander is going to be a master baiter. Wdyt?

found this guy on my scoreboard just now.  It's an excellent Xander build that requires sacrificing an Ike.  But worth it.  Now he's Ike on a horse.  I just did the math, and holy shit, that guy spent 3100 SP starting with 4* Xander.

IMG_3301_zpsubzs1hhv.png

In any case, everyone is probably going to want to 5* a Xander now because he's probably going to be an arena bonus unit for the next month.

I dunno man you're complaining about cookie cutter builds but their cookie cutter because they work on the majority of the cast.

Fury vantage gives him the edge on green mages, a pretty disgusting weakness for him otherwise given his color.

Quick riposte is always beautiful on a tank such as Xander. And heavy blade/aether is certainly amazing on him if you give the horse buff.

Triangle adept is quite necessarily if you the the guy to deal with green mages, but ofc he can no longer tank blues. If he didn't have distant counter I wouldnt advocate for it though

You're not giving the guy enough credit if you think that's his only good builds.
He can be an amazing debuff/duelist machine with
Armoured blow, seal attack, threaten Defense. Bonus points for this build since when they try to counter it'll just activate ignis.

Or he can absolute bruiser that seliph wishes he was.
With armoured blow, brash assault, threaten attack/defense

Maybe he can be a formation wrecker with fortress defense, lunge, threaten attack.

Also I'm in top 5k (4500) for team tharja after using 600 feathers during 3x bonus periods. If I can keep it up, I will score more feather this round than last with less flag usage. 2500 last round for being top 1k, 2100 for being top 5k this round plus 500 win bonus

Also only 600 flags because i messed up and did a gauntlet battle before the hourly update came through so I missed the 3x bonus chance on one battle.

huh?  I'm just trying to figure out how to best build Xander...

I'm not complaining about cookie cutter builds or dismissing other builds.   Xander is the best free unit we've been given access to yet.  My plan all along was to give him Fury + Vantage but now I see that there are so many other options.  Just forget about it.

Top 5k and win bonus with team tharja for 2600 feathers, more than my 2500 with henry.
1100 flags burned, 600 of which were used during 3x bonus, which is less than 1200 used on team henry all of which were during bonus.

I expect to drop into top 30k ranking for cumulative score, but hopefully can still maintain a top 5k score in team ranking next round.

I pulled some more on the mage banner to reset the pity rate and ended up with eldigan. Think it's time to call it quits on that banner.

Part of me wants to save orbs now after so much usage recently, but the other part of me wants to try my luck at getting celica for her distant defense skill even though I know I probably won't get her with less than 60 orbs.

New arena season featuring Roy and subaki. Time for skilled Roy to get back in action this week! And I'll train up subaki for next weeks season and have flier emblem out in full force.

The new story maps are also quite challenging. I like it. I just wish there was incentive to replay them. I really think if they offered smaller rewards, say 100 feathers? For repeating the maps in subsequent plays it would greatly increase the longevity and content of each update. And if they provide a limitation as locking out previously used characters from the map, it would diversify gameplay experience and strategy and team building. A win win win on all fronts for everyone, as players get more content and rewards while IS gets more money as having more good characters is more desirable instead everyone playing a single team, and their work on each update is longer lasting

Eldigan is really cool, grats.  I wanted him for quite awhile.

No point in saving orbs for me.  I need all sorts of inherits. The new characters are pretty cool.  I like the point blank green mage tank.  Green color is severely lacking in good units.  Celica is excellent of course.  But now I want an Elise more than anything, with the addition of Genny and Wrathful Staff. 

I'm building my cavalry army this week.  Got a plan figured out finally.

Wow nice. Rank 47. Pretty high considering you used flags in round 1.

Good luck trying to stay in tier 17. Won't be easy considering the number of players currently in that tier. Maybe 10,000 ish players? So a top 5k rank needed.

You sure hoarded those feathers.

People have only been talking about using assault with wrathful staff, but I think the true winner is absorb. 50% damage heal? That's a sol activation every battle! Only 6 less mt than assault I think. More than makes up for lack of live to serve.
Everyone else is hating on boey but the guy can tank like nobody's business. Not a single bad pull in this banner.

bread's done
Back