Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends!

As far as I can tell from the infographic, top 50% goes up one rank to 18.   50-70 stay stagnant.  and 70-100, the bottom 30% are the ones that go down a rank.  But yes, it's still going to be hard to not go down a rank.  My team has no merges and isn't strong enough really, I've just gotten good with them. 

However, things are shaken up this week with the bonus units.  People aren't going to have an easy enough time as they have in the past.  By my count, you either have Roy or Celica or else it's going to be harder.  There's going be a LOT of horse emblem teams starting this week.  I'm in a pickle because I don't quite have all the skills to make it work. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at this guy.

Neutral subaki.

At +10 and with current equips he'll be
Hp 41
Atk 34
Spd 37
Def 37
Res 27

I have no idea where to take this guy.

Currently my only inheritable weapon is brave lance+ so I'm considering making a him offensively inferior Cordelia with fury
With a spread of 41, 38, 35, 40, 27
You'd think that's not a good enough attack for brave, but caeda does surprisingly well at 33 atk
With that spread he should be able to take a hit from anything except bladetome or Reinhardt. To further improve the build I think I would opt for a +atk -def boon bane.

Or maybe I go for a inferior blue beruka build with +def 3 and a defense boon.

Or possibly try to get a mixed tank with +res, though his res is not good. Probably put on iotes shield to be the ultimate bait.

Subaki is an excellent unit.  He's highly underrated.  Those 3* GHB JP videos really turned me onto him and his capabilities.  I have thought about promoting him as well.  He's a good flier tank that can bait from anywhere on the field. 

He just doesn't have much of a place in arena right now, nor does anything with low attack for that matter.  Having those guys sure is nice when you need them though.    I wouldn't give him brave lance, that hurts his tanking.  That's what he does.  Brave Lance doesn't help him get over the main hurdle which is high defenses.  Everything does well at 33atk when you're facing AI with low defenses you can expose.  Not so much against player's characters.

If you're serious about using him more often you're going to want to increase that attack.  But I wouldn't worry about that either.  He is what he is, and that's an excellent 4s flier tank.  Much like Michalis, but with less atk and more defenses.  He's not going to put a scratch on any tanks, nor do any damage to any high Def bruisers.  He could kill red swords and mages and that's about it. 

If you want to make him a better tank then give him B.Tomebreaker, possibly Lancebreaker. 

Yeah the skills that he needs for a brave build hurts his tanking ability a lot. But guy has surprising speed. He can quad with flier buffs. But I guess it makes little sense to make a discount Cordelia when I have an actual Cordelia. I should focus on his strengths.

So I'll probably opt for a +res iotes shield build.

Any thoughts on his b skill and weapon? Quick risposte lacks utility in a fast flier on a flier team.

Iote's is good.  Then I would give him Threaten Def 3 in the c) slot.   You could use Seal Def instead, but the b) slot can serve other purposes like either Renewal 3 or Poison Strike. Renewal 3 is -awesome-, and highly underrated.  If you can't get it at lvl 3 then don't bother. 

I also like having at least one Renewal 3 on hand in the barracks in case you pull a better character.

If you want to use a hone buff in c) slot then put Seal Defense in b)

If you want to make him tankier then get Blue Tomebreaker.  That way he can cover 2 of the 3 mage colors. 

Oh seal defense. That's a good idea. That will boost his pitiful attack by a lot. Even brave lance would be viable with an effectively 14 more damage minimum before ally buffs. He wouldn't need to quad to kill anymore, so he doesn't have to sacrifice his tankiness. And his c slot remains free to buff allies.

So here is my plan for this week and beyond:

Xander

a) Triangle Attack 3

b) Red Tomebreaker 3

c) Hone Cavalry

Cecelia

a) Triangle Attack 3

b) Green Tomebreaker 3

c) Ward Cavalry

Reinhardt

a) Deathblow 3 (neeeed)

b) Lancebreaker 2 / Blue Tomebreaker 3

c) Goad Cavalry

That's the just of what I'm trying to do.  But I still have to finish leveling plus farm a bunch of SP.  It's not going to be easy.   I still need one Odin and one Deathblow for inherit...and that doesn't even begin to address their Specials and Support skills. For now I'm about to say fuck it and waste 135sp and just put atk +2 on Reinhardt.

The point of the Tomebreakers is that it should wreck enemy mages, especially on defense.  With Triangle Atttack + Tomebreaker of their own color, each unit is basically checking 2/3s of all mages.  The team should wreck physical units no problem.  Xander's weak point is his Res, even green mages.  So I'm trying to cover his weaknesses.  He will be the point man on offense.  QR3 is nice on him...but with no way of healing, you only get to use it once. 

Those are pretty good builds. Triangle adept is simply amazing. And you're equipped to deal with any mage that comes your way bladetome or not. And infantry is never an issue with mage kiting. I can't see any weakness in the team.

This is what I expect to be the final results for the gauntlet for me

Round 1- 2500 feathers (top 1k / loss) 1200 flags (all in bonus)
Round 2- 2600 feathers (top 5k/ win) 1100 flags (600 in bonus)
Round 3- 3200 feathers (top 10k/ win) 2200 flags (800 in bonus)
Cumulative - 2200 feathers (top 10k)
Total- 10500 feathers

I'm pretty sure going Leo- Leo -Robin/tharja was the route to max feathers in this gauntlet. Easy team rank, high cumulative score and 1-2 wins depending on your final choice.

How'd you guys do?

round 1 Leo wins - 2,600 feathers.  2,100 rank in army #2890.  500 for army victory.

round 2 Leo loses - 2,500 feathers.  rank in army #50

round 3 Robin loses - 2,300 feathers, rank in army #14,587

cumulative - 3,000 feathers, rank #861

Total: 10,400.  Everyone who participated fully is going to be around 1k feathers from each other.   Just like I knew from the start. 

I used all but 640 of my flags during triple bonus.  Had I actually stayed up overnight one night I could have probably ranked in the 200s. 

I hate the Voting Gauntlet.  I haven't gotten anything done in the last six days because I've been too preoccupied with it.  Just going to join the winning team again next time and play whenever.  There's no point in even going for the cumulative, as you can see by my score.

Yeah the damn 30 minute battles gotta change. And early morning 3x bonus terrible. The non flag battles do very little actually influence the score but I am compelled to the do battles anyway.

Hey guys, thought I'd drop by so I don't fill the Japanese Niche Game Deals thread with FE Heroes talk :)

I just finished leveling up Celica (she's a beast). I also did some other rolls after getting her the other day, and managed to get 2 Maes. One has Atk 19, Spd 8 and the other has Atk 21, Spd 7 (I can't remember the other stats at the moment)

So I started leveling up the 21 Atk one. Do you guys think that was a good decision? I'm not sure which one to level and which one to merge...

Welcome dsman!  Glad to have you.  We're active in here almost every day. 

Damn son, you got a lot of the brand new characters. http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Mae  It looks like her weapon is worth 10 attack.  But I can't tell what her bane is without seeing the other stats.  One is obviously +atk, neutral speed.   The other one is +spd, -atk.   So you chose the right one obviously.  With most damage dealing units you almost always want a boon of +speed +attack and also have a bane which is neither of those.   So you got a lucky draw on that Mae. 

That's some good luck there.
The answer is to level up both and use the merge fodder to save time and energy and pass on some of the skills you want. As it stands both of the pulls look good

I'm waiting for that gauntlet bonus orbs to do a full pull on the celica banner.

I just did my first full pull in over a week and I got squat.  Where are the inherits d00d.

Looks like I can skip the new banner since I already got those units (Which is convenient since I wasted all my orbs on the Celica banner...)

So the new Grand Hero Battle is Lloyd? I should probably finish leveling up my Hector then, since I keep hearing people say he's great for luring out a pesky archer in that map. (Actually he great at luring just about anyone lol)

They keep tempting me by putting hinoka on banners
Gonna string em up?

30b14b579531eaaa316c4119518893f2.jpg

Well I've got Ghetto Horse Emblem up and running.  Got my flawless run but the problem is that I'm only averaging 678 points per win.  I'm on the cusp of falling down a rank.   Each of my team members is missing one core ability. Like Reinhardt with no a) slot haha.  When I screw up, they mop the floor with my face.  When you win, you obliterate them.   It's a lot of fun.

IMG_3342_zpszglveqnc.png

Need Bonfire on Xander

Need Fortify Cavalry, a better special, like 1500 SP total for Leo

Need Draconic Aura / Iceberg for Cecelia

Need Deathblow 3 for Reinhardt.

Need assists on ALL FOUR characters. They have none so far lmao. 

bring back 2x SP grinding !!

I wish I made it to tier 17. Such a waste to have Roy and subaki as bonus units for these 2 weeks. I didn't need em to rank up from tier 16 to 17 and then again to 18

Also I got nothing from celica banner. Where art thou orbs

I'm getting bored/irritated with this game.  Big mistake of them to halt the daily orbs.  I know that's a peeve of yours GoW, but I think it's a huge mistake by them.  These additional maps mean nothing when they stop giving us free orbs.  Game just feels like there's no way to progress without spending money.  Which makes me even less inclined to spend any money.  

Daily quests, weekly quests, redoable special maps on lunatic mode requiring new team compositions for lesser rewards refreshed daily
Improves the longevity and satisfaction of the base game as well as each update. I'll say it as many times as it need to be said.

No more daily orbs is definitely disappointing. But I guess it kind of makes sense since they need to draw revenue from somewhere.... I currently can't think of a mobile game that still gives daily gacha currency (orbs, quartz, etc...) besides during a special event. The new maps are a nice addition though, plus it's 10 orbs to get when completing them. :)

Looks like we'll be getting brides in the next banner! Can't wait to see who they are :)

bride-banner-shadows.jpg

Plus, they'll be adding a special daily log in bonus. (Hope it's the daily 2 orb bonus from before.)

That'll be exciting to have some new characters.  Hopefully they're good ones.  I've been itching to spend on a new banner, it's pathetic.  

I pulled a celica. I wanted her for distant defense fodder but she's +spd -res and now I don't want to fodder her. fuck me

It's almost time to pull for a good art Cordelia.

Managed to pull a Bride Charlotte (who was my main focus), but not after pulling a Bride Caeda as well. I'll be focusing on Charlotte first though :)

Might also try some colorless orb rolls after doing the Paralogue missions.

spent $40, got shit.  Not even one of the several inherits I need.  Never should have spent money on this game.  But now I am committed.  

Gonna stick to blues and colorless till my pity resets. 

I said fuck it, I ain't goin out like that.  Dropped another 40.   Got two focus units on the same summon.  I'm very thankful to get the characters I actually wanted.  All is right with the world again.

IMG_3387_zpshurwud4o.png

IMG_3388_zpspugf57pw.png

Do you guys think they'll add more quests for the same grand hero battles eventually to get them to +10 possibly? I've been hesitant to promote Xander or Zephiel because I don't feel like they'll be viable once higher level capped units become more common. Regardless, I feel like Xander might be worth it anyway even if he can only ever get to +4 or so max, what do you guys think?

I feel like unless you're a super whale or incredibly lucky, chances are you can get a grand hero unit to a higher merge level than 5* only characters.
Neither nothing or I have a merge level higher than +1 right now and we're not f2p

Well I'm currently entirely f2p and I have a +2 5 star Setsuna with 4 others currently at 3 star, just waiting on feathers to promote them, I don't imagine I'll have trouble finding the remaining 5 by the time I get the feathers. Certain units like Hector or Ike or any other 5 star only unit, I can definitely see never getting more than just one or two of, but Setsuna is pretty amazing and really easy to come by.

I also have a +1 5 star Subaki that I gave Iote's shield to, that I kind of regret after seeing him perform so poorly, I have 7 more that are between 2-4 stars that I don't really care to promote any more, but maybe one day.

Hey Jarte! Nice to see a new face in the thread. Damn, that's some dedication you have to your Setsuna.

The GHBs just started recyclling recently and I was surprised to see that you can get additonal units that you already received once before. For instance, I was able to get a couple more Navarres even though I already earned him previously. If they keep cycling at this rate you should have no problem getting a few extras for additional plusses. On the other hand, they will continue to add new GHBs in the coming months and the more characters they add, the slower the old characters will probably cycle back through again.

So far the only GBH units we've seen twice are Narcian, Ursula, and Navarre I believe. Which means some of the others will certainly repeat and you could have gotten any of them to +3 if you really wanted to spend the feathers. It doesn't seem to be a limitation to merging, and they will probably continue to become available here and there.

Congrats! I will be joining you in the abyss before the banner ends.
Thanks dude! Who will you be going for? Cordelia? You going to pull all colors?

Robin(F) also returned, but I'm hoping they'll bring more quests for these same units again and again to eventually get 11 at least so you can max them out one day.

I don't have anything against spending money on f2p games, I've just been real broke the past few months, once I get my budget in order and start making more money, I'll probably spend some money on this game, I'd love to support Fire Emblem as much as possible so they can continue bringing over everything they can, as well as add more content to this game.

TBH this is one of the more mediocre mobile games I've played, but I can't resist because its Fire Emblem, and maybe one day this game will be great.

bread's done
Back