Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends!

I told myself I was going to start saving orbs for future seasonal units/Laguz banners, but that all-flier Ursula quest kept mocking me.

Thankfully, after far too many completely blueless sessions, I got a female Morgan today.

I know I was complaining about not getting Female Morgan, but after doing some maps in Blessed Gardens and getting some orbs this happened:

DX9ypPAUQAA9ROG.jpg

I really wasn't expecting that  :shock:

I wonder if they'll run the old Easter banner along with the new one. If not, that will be a bummer for trying to get Lyn if a new batch of brides/grooms comes out.

As for the new game modes, Gardens was kind of a disappointment. I appreciate free stuff but I was expecting something more than a one-stage event once a week.

I also thought I would share my brilliant strategy for Rival Domains infernal. I run auto battle until the castle is all that's left. Apparently Infernal requires a hyper aggressiveness that I usually don't have due to not wanting to make bad trades.

I also find Rival Domains reinforcements pretty funny. Oh, the bulk of your units are armored this time? Here come the heavy weapons. Cavalry this round? Horseslayers.

I'm getting sick and tired of Gamepress and their redirect ads. I can't check for SI information for more than 10 seconds before "Your {phone} has been severely damaged by the Four Virus. Click on ..."
Kif_Kroker_8217.png

After 80+ orbs got two copies of Easter Kagero in one summons. I really want to see what's on this Legendary banner now, and I'm all out of orbs.  We should honestly only be spending orbs on the Legendary and Hero Fest banners if you are F2P.  But I can't help it.

Welp, I'm going to be pulling colorless-only on the Legendary banner and dropping 40 bucks for the first time this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxGy0Qf4Le0

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, that Robin....

Too bad I already wasted all my orbs on the Easter banner... :cry:

The only good thing is that its almost the end of the month, and once April starts there'll be new orb quests.

Oh man, that Robin....

Too bad I already wasted all my orbs on the Easter banner... :cry:

The only good thing is that its almost the end of the month, and once April starts there'll be new orb quests.
Yeah but I hate how these Legendary banners only last one week. We've got one week from 2am CST tonight.

I dropped 40 and I pulled a Robin so I'm happy! But I'm also conflicted because she's -Atk +Res. That puts her at only 45 attack.   That's a terrible bane but I'm not even sure which bane you'd want outside of HP and maybe Res.  Atk, Def, and Spd banes all hurt her performance.

The one time I can actually make a serious run at tier 20 and I run into Sigurd, Xander, and Reinhart on the damn two boat map.
I know the feels. Horse and dancer cancer ruins good runs all the time. But I decided I had to be happy with tier 18-19 long ago. Tier 20 is a pay2win world; it doesn't mean anything.

That's tough, but I guess Fury patches that up a bit (the flier shield seal is always there for bows). Maybe even something like Life+Death combined with either the close or distant defense seal since your res boon would put defenses at 30/29.

Edit: Got my 4 star Fir, Lilina, and LLoyd all leveled up and ready to go.

No love from the April orbs.

Hopefully this doesn't sound like bragging, but I'm a bit bummed out as this is looking like the first seasonal banner I'll miss on since June Bride.

No love from the April orbs.

Hopefully this doesn't sound like bragging, but I'm a bit bummed out as this is looking like the first seasonal banner I'll miss on since June Bride.
There's no such thing as bragging about pulls. The game is all about getting and building 5* characters. Post away!

I was surprised to see that my 48 speed Nino wasn't fast enough to double Legion on the Water Garden map yesterday. After trying a few different frustrating things, I finally was able to clear it by giving Nino Axebreaker. After that, I could take him out turn 1 and dance/reposition around everyone else.

Just thought I'd mention that, as I have a tendency to overlook breaker skills to clear a map.

yea the new map got tougher.  I can almost clear it with my default squad.  Just need another Reposition for Fjorm.  Lucina +3 thrashes Legion. 

Did you do some pulling on the new Thracia banner or you saving up for something else?

I spent a few orbs and got a second Sonya. I can't decide whether to merge them or hang on to the Res Ploy. I'm saving the rest of my orbs for the possible bridal rerun, even though Swordhardt would be fun.

That's because horses make everything better ;) I cleared the latest chapter without any trouble using my standard Four Horsemen team.

A chapter, I'd like to add, which pretty much ruined the entire story they built up to this point in Book 2.

I know that I'm a sucker, but I just pulled a Reinhardt. He's -atk/+res, but that's what Sacred Seals are for.

I also got something like five 4* Eirikas. I may have to merge down my 5* one.

Edit:
IS managed to take my least favorite game mode and make it even worse with Grand Conquest. I will have no qualms about doing the minimal effort and taking whatever rewards that earns. I call that my "Arena Assault Strategy."

I went to the grocery store, and when I came back I found that the two other armies ganged up on mine. We have three territories left.

This mode is terrible. It's like playing Risk for 24 hours with hundreds of teammates that you can't talk to. Then if you leave the table, all your armies roll 1s by default.

I went to the grocery store, and when I came back I found that the two other armies ganged up on mine. We have three territories left.

This mode is terrible. It's like playing Risk for 24 hours with hundreds of teammates that you can't talk to. Then if you leave the table, all your armies roll 1s by default.
haha. yeah, I don't get it at all. I certainly don't battle manually. I just put all my horses in there and they kill some people and they die just as many times.

btw what is your name in-game? Are you even on my friendslist?

I'm not sure what it's like playing Grand Conquest on your servers, but on mine Team Anna basically refuses to attack Team Sharena. With each new cycle, there's zero attempts by Anna at the one chokepoint between the two of them.

It's bad enough that Team Sharena starts with extra territories that nobody can attack. It's worse when they also don't have to worry about spending spears to defend the access point.

I honestly feel like Team Anna's players are attacking my side because we're labelled as Alfonse rather than as any kind of attempt to win.

I don't know man.  I'm team Anna.  Anna sucks.  I just notice all those territories in the South that no one can get to nor attack.  The map is obviously imbalanced and favors Sharena. 

I hardly played this mode though.  Just spent the rest of my spears and hit GC tier 17.  I just autobattled it. 

My current map, after a day of Anna being able to attack the spot I circled and not doing so. It wouldn't bother me if they fought for it and lost, but I haven't seen any points from Anna in that space all day. They're too busy spending all their spears on red and green spaces.

This is also pretty much the same thing I woke up to on day 1, except Anna had the two spots above the orange circle.

[attachment=30014:Screenshot_20180415-011549_Gallery.jpg]

Yeah, on my game blue and green keep trading those three spaces.  Anna had 12-13 areas a couple of times but most of the time we've had 6-8.

Screenshot_20180415-015558_Fire_Emblem_Heroes.jpg

Screenshot_20180415-015613_Fire_Emblem_Heroes.jpg

Well, this is my last post about Grand Conquest; because this is the last time that I will open it up.

So battle 2 starts, and I look at the map.
[attachment=30017:SmartSelect_20180415-132249_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg]
Now, this is more like it. After Sharena won the first round, Team Anna is finally attacking Sharena as well. Okay, so I'll play in that one spot in front of Alfonse's base and then work on pushing Anna out on the right.

Cool, first fight went great. Huh, it looks like Sharena added some more to this space for some reason. Oh well, I'll check back at the end. Wait... why can't I fight in this green space to the right? What do you mean it doesn't border...
[attachment=30018:SmartSelect_20180415-132332_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg]
Done.

You were saying how annoying the Anna army was on your map.   Well here is the Sharena army on my map last night.  The next hour Anna team finished with 14 zones victory.  Pretty weird.  This picture should be impossible.

O9kaujr.jpg

As long as they don't lock any unique heroes behind GC, then I won't mind too much. They haven't done that with any other game mode so far, so hopefully they won't.

I saw there wasn't anything up on Cupcake yet for Saias. Making gameplay videos isn't my thing, but here's a screenshot with the first two turns I used to beat Infernal. Units are base kits unless I mention it.

Leg Ike needs the QR seal to double and kill both horses turn 1. Also reposition to put Brave Ike in range of Saias turn 2.

Brave Ike needs to meet the HP threshold for whichever panic ploy seal lvl you equip. It's to neuter the bladetome/tactics turn 1.

Azura could be any dancer as def tactic isn't required, just make sure they're beneath the tree on turn 2 so they can dance Brave Ike to kill Saias on turn 2.

Arvis with res seal worked in place of Gunnthra, and I'm not sure extra ploys are even needed. They do need draw back to pull your dancer out of range on Turn 2.
[attachment=30025:Screenshot_20180417-140851_Video Player.jpg]

End of turn 2, the Ikes should be where the arrows point. Saias should end up where that blue X is. After that, clean up the mooks, watching out for Guidance.

The Tempest Trial banner gave me a free 5* Reinhardt Classic with +atk. So I re-merged them and have been leveling up him and his sword version today.

I've been surprised at how bulky Sword Reinhardt is with his default defensive special. He doesn't get doubled as much as his speed would suggest since he gets two hits in before the enemy's second. I still plan on sticking with Death Blow/Player Phase, but if we get a free unit with Fierce or Sturdy stance it might be worth looking at.

That's cool.  More Reinhardt merges are always great. 

I'm seriously debating giving my last distant counter to sword Rein.  What do you think?  I was fortunate enough to pull +atk -HP.  Haven't used him yet, as I'm waiting for double SP friday to level him.  Such a good unit though. 

That's a tough call. DC is such a rare skill, and there's always another unit I wish had it. Though Vantage + 2x atk against squishy ranged units seems really good.

I think the choice comes down to whether or not you want a more consistent answer to red/green mages (especially ye olde Keen Gronwolf). I think Xander covers everything else pretty well, especially with 2x DD since his A slot is open.

I'd also wait and see what comes from the colored bow icons they added. If all of a sudden Rein has to deal with Red/Blue high def archers, he might have trouble killing in 2 attacks.

I think I'm switching sides on giving Sword Reinhardt Distant Counter. I had forgotten about the deflect seals earlier.

Meisterschweiger, DC, Vantage 3, and the Deflect seals might be a pretty good combination.

After messing around with getting just inside vantage range and running deflect melee 3, it doesn't look like it really saves Reinhardt from any lances on its own. As dumb as it sounds, the 2x atk often made this worse because it would either move their special to the first hit, or give them one they wouldn't have otherwise. I'd imagine blue archers would have similar results.

And this was with TT boosts too.

Gonna hold onto that DC for now! good call.

Man check this out.   I think my choice has made itself in regards to my final current 200 dew.  That stand-alone solo nuke capability is too much to ignore.   Gonna give her double deathblow 3.  I mean look at that attack stat.  That's 70 attack against res, with no buffs.  That's almost bladetome levels without relying on a partner for a wombo combo. 

Screenshot_20180422-142740_Fire_Emblem_Heroes.jpg

No big deal though.  Only about 40 stones away from yet another dew.  It's kind of crazy to me how many people on the forums hold onto all their resources and don't spend any of them over the course of years playing this game.  You always try to have some extra dew, or orbs.  But dew is there to be spent. 

Gonna hold onto that DC for now! good call.

Man check this out. I think my choice has made itself in regards to my final current 200 dew. That stand-alone solo nuke capability is too much to ignore. Gonna give her double deathblow 3. I mean look at that attack stat. That's 70 attack against res, with no buffs. That's almost bladetome levels without relying on a partner for a wombo combo.

Screenshot_20180422-142740_Fire_Emblem_Heroes.jpg

No big deal though. Only about 40 stones away from yet another dew. It's kind of crazy to me how many people on the forums hold onto all their resources and don't spend any of them over the course of years playing this game. You always try to have some extra dew, or orbs. But dew is there to be spent.
I think I can chime in a little bit about resource hoarding, especially refining stones. Having a large variety of units is great and all, but realistically I only use a couple of units that are favorites or are the best units in their niche. I can't imagine I'm the only one who thinks this way. As such, using refining stones on units that I probably won't use or are still subpar seems like a waste to me. IMO, I'd rather use these resources on units in the future that I do feel like investing in and using. I have 768 refining stones right now because there are no weapons that I feel like refining and not enough feathers to even invest the required weapons onto the correct units. HM farming could probably help with the later problem, but that process is tedious to do anyway. Too much grinding.

This leads to probably the biggest issue with the weapon refinery, which is how players currently receive divine dew. IS has been trying to diversify how they give out divine dew from modes like blessed gardens and GC, but the majority of it still comes from using the weapon refinery. For hoarders like me, divine dew is really hard to get lol. I really wish we weren't forced to use the weapon refinery to get divine dew because alot of the interesting weapons on units like Lilina, Roy, Eirika etc take a ridiculous amount of divine dew to get. I definitely can see where you are coming from though. I agree that defining stones and dew are meant to be spent, but it feels wasteful if I use these limited resources on units that won't ever be deployed and I don't enjoy playing. IS has been pretty good so far in not making the game a complete grindfest, but this is one aspect of their mobile game design that really is annoying for resource hoarders and min maxers.

Man I wish I had the divine dew to make a Lilina like that, so jealous right now lol. I've gotta use it on Caeda's wing sword first though (only at 150 dew right now). Fliers are some of my favorites right now.

You're not going to just magically stumble up ten characters at once that all need weapon upgrades.   They are going to continue to add a few at a time and you're going to continue to have 700+ refining stones.   Hoarding in a game is pointless.  You might not even be playing in a year.  It's the same hoarding syndrome like when you save all your items and elixirs in a Final Fantasy game.  You get to the end, still have everything, and complete the game having used none of your items the entire time.

Do whatever you want, but disposable items are there to be used.   You're going to continue to get more stones in the future.   You only have a hard time getting dew because you refuse to use your stones on disposable characters.  You could spend 600 stones, get 600 dew, spend it all, and still have more than enough in reserves for whenever they add new units, that you'd be lucky to get.  It's always a good idea to have 200 dew in reserves but there is no point in saving any more than that.  I'm sorry, but hoarding is not impressive.  I'm not trying to tell you what to do but saving for more than 1-2 upgrades is entirely pointless. 

This reminds me of the orb hoarding topic on gamefaqs.  Ok guy hoards all of his orbs.  All that really means is that he  doesn't really play the game and he'll be quitting long before I do. 

You're not going to just magically stumble up ten characters at once that all need weapon upgrades. They are going to continue to add a few at a time and you're going to continue to have 700+ refining stones. Hoarding in a game is pointless. You might not even be playing in a year. It's the same hoarding syndrome like when you save all your items and elixirs in a Final Fantasy game. You get to the end, still have everything, and complete the game having used none of your items the entire time.

Do whatever you want, but disposable items are there to be used. You're going to continue to get more stones in the future. You only have a hard time getting dew because you refuse to use your stones on disposable characters. You could spend 600 stones, get 600 dew, spend it all, and still have more than enough in reserves for whenever they add new units, that you'd be lucky to get. It's always a good idea to have 200 dew in reserves but there is no point in saving any more than that. I'm sorry, but hoarding is not impressive. I'm not trying to tell you what to do but saving for more than 1-2 upgrades is entirely pointless.

This reminds me of the orb hoarding topic on gamefaqs. Ok guy hoards all of his orbs. All that really means is that he doesn't really play the game and he'll be quitting long before I do.
I'm just saying that the incentive of strengthening units with refining stones doesn't appeal to some people that focus on certain units. Having to spend the currency on units you don't want to use in order to get another currency is pretty convoluted. It's fine for gamers interested in having as many viable units as possible, but for others you might as well be dumping these refining stones. At least for Final Fantasy those consumables can give you immediate benefits, but a gameplay style that encourages spending resources on a few units like Feheroe's arena system leads to the hoarding that you see, especially in a mobile game that gates progress through currencies and purposely limits them.

Maybe it is objectively better to spend the refining stones, but having all these currencies ironically causes people to not play the game due a feeling of limited progress and losing the resource, if your gameplay style is focusing on merging and not unit variety that is.

Hoarding orbs on the other hand is a bit more justified. People don't play the game, but that's the price they pay to have a higher chance of getting a character they want.

Edit: I'm also not saying hoarding is a good thing. It's a consequence of the currency system that IS implemented. I wish I had a good enough reason to use the stones, but I dont play FEheroes all day so I'm in no rush to get the dew. It would just be nice to get more dew in another way that doesn't involve eating up another currency. Or better yet, let people use refining stones to get those legendary upgrades for weapons. That would simplify the system at least and be less grindy.

Ok so you get double currency. You use it once, then you get to use it again in powered-up form. It's a non-issue.

but having all these currencies ironically causes people to not play the game due a feeling of limited progress and losing the resource
You need to get over this mental hurdle. Lots of FE:H players do. You're not suddenly going to have five new units that all need dew upgrades.

You need to get over this mental hurdle. Lots of FE:H players do. You're not suddenly going to have five new units that all need dew upgrades.
It's definitely a huge mental problem lol. Maybe I'd feel better if I use the stones on a unit I can see myself trying out in the future, like putting a slaying weapon on Effie (even though I don't have distant counter to maximize it's use). As it stands though, lots of FEheroes players can't help but feel this way, and this is probably due to how the game is designed. Can't help but feel that this could be prevented if the system was expanded a bit.

Edit: Also the double currency isn't game breaking or anything, but it can be simplified if it was only one currency. I wish it was, but it is what it is unless they change it in an update later.

For me, it's less that I'm actively trying to hang on to resources and more that they just end up stockpiling on their own. Spending them eventually if I run into an obstacle, or on a whim/boredom.

Seals are a good example. There's some good ones I haven't upgraded, but I haven't needed them to be. It freed me up to mess around with Deflect Melee.

Dew: 220 (200 more in stones)
Used: Lyn, Eirika, M. Marth +5, Ephraim
No plans: Alm, Takumi, Eldigan, Zephiel

bread's done
Back