Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends!

It's better to be lucky than good. I got Legendary Lyn in the first batch. She's -atk but considering it's a Legendary Banner, I see her IVs more like:
-atk/+def/+200 orbs.
[attachment=30124:SmartSelect_20180501-133423_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg]

Ha, nice.  That is three more Lyns than I have.  Yeah, always good to stop while you're ahead.  That's very fortunate to get her in that few orbs spent.  Super low 27 attack though.  I don't know if she's usable tbh.  At least she will be ready for a merge, or speed tactics fodder, whenever you pull a second one!

I was really excited for this Legendary banner and planned to drop all my orbs on it since they are the best banners to pull on, but when they announced the units it was a huge letdown.  Already have 8 of the 12 so I can't justify pulling on it at all.  I spent 15 on the first summons and I think I'm done.  May pull some blues for Leg Ephraim and Micaiah but I don't think it's worth it. 

Was really hoping for some surprise banner announcement for Golden Week or something.  I guess I'm holding my 130 orbs until they announce the new characters banner.  I've really been waiting for Hardin and M.Grima to make a comeback.   REALLY want a couple of bold fighters in order to make a bold fighter H.Jakob and Grima.  

This banner is great if you missed Henry and Jakob.   Otherwise its a huge "meh".  The ranged dancers are super overrated.  It's more important to be able to take a hit than to deal a little support damage.   I have Inigo +3 and I barely use him.  Have never used Shigure. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, if my dancers aren't dancing it's because I've already won or lost. Of course, it's easy for me to say that when I have three of them. :D

I'm hoping Lyn's rainbow bond and bow make up for it, but with all the DC reds she was probably already relegated to just being a blue/green mage killer.

I really want some Bold Fighters too. I haven't merged my HJakobs because I want to have a Guard Bow one and a Brave Bow one.

I have one H.Jakob and he's +Atk -Def and he just sits there most of the time, as I haven't been using armor teams lately.  Several months ago I gave him DB3, Guard Bow+, and Brave Bow+ already!   So now he needs a bold fighter.

Haven't been able to use my armor emblem much for attack nor defense teams when they don't include one of them in the bonus characters.   I have Zelgius, -atk Grima, and DC Effie.  But I really feel like you need Hardin to be competitive anymore.  Even that lineup barely gets defense matchups anymore due to being unmerged.  The mages are so hard for me to shoehorn into my armor teams because you need one bonus unit, and at least one armor march unit, plus well-rounded buffs.  I use -atk grownowl fury3 H.Henry for the most part, and it's hard to juggle color coverage. 

Hardin needs to get on a legendary banner, pronto!

Grand Conquest (aside: Kaze is a pretty good free unit) has taught me one thing; Apparently everyone else has a hundred Hectors.

Every unit I fight this round on any given space has Distant Counter. Myrrh, Effie, Berkut, Zephiel ... Eliwood.

I have saved and amassed more orbs than I ever have before and was up to 181 yesterday.   But I've been feeling so bored and felt like pulling.  Went colorless only for new Hinoka.   Was only going to pull once or twice but I went a few rounds and picked her up in under 30 orbs.  Pulled her as +atk -spd and I'm back up to 162 orbs today! 

Been hoping that the next round of new heroes are good.  But I was really planning on stockpiling for the new Legendary or Hero Fest.  Normally I don't ever save orbs like this but there haven't been any recent banners with units that you can't live without. Just been waiting for something big to drop.  Dorcas would be cool, but the whole countering banner was a disappointment.

I know what you mean, I'm up around that 160-200 mark for the first time too. I've thrown some at the Legendary banner, but I try to keep reminding myself that Laguz have to be coming eventually.

Well I saw the new trailer and my reaction was....time to drop a bunch of orbs on the Legendary banner right before it goes away.   Down to 97 orbs now.  *cry* I was pot committed after I spent like 30.  So I spent ~70 orbs to get at least one pity breaker and I got

Yay  +Atk -Hp too.  Totes worth it.

Screenshot_20180507-232826_Fire_Emblem_Heroes.jpg

Thank goodness the new heroes aren't OP, no reason to pull unless you like the characters.

Also glad that some of us got some useful units on the legendary heroes banner. I'm down to 0 orbs after unloading on the banner. Ended up with 5 Jakobs and a Genny after spending 325 orbs sniping colorless. Not even a single Grima. Not really sure how useful a non -spd or + atk, +4 Jakob is without access to bold fighter...

I'm going to join in on the orbs hoarding too since I need to save orbs for next month's legendary heroes banner. Hopefully third time's the charm? Tried both times for Grima, and I still don't have the elusive colorless dragon.

Guard Bow + Wary Fighter are good on Jakob too. I run DD3, but I've also got Svalinn Shield in case of armorkiller maps. The only bad thing is that it costs 20k feathers for the bow.

I got a 4 star Sothe the other day, and I see that LnD3 is now available at 4*. I'm not a big fan of the skill, but I might have to look into some new builds.

Edit: Just finished off the last of the Chain Challenges today. Now I'm finally caught up on in-game content.

Guard Bow + Wary Fighter are good on Jakob too. I run DD3, but I've also got Svalinn Shield in case of armorkiller maps. The only bad thing is that it costs 20k feathers for the bow.

I got a 4 star Sothe the other day, and I see that LnD3 is now available at 4*. I'm not a big fan of the skill, but I might have to look into some new builds.
I've tried a similar antirange build on F!Morgan, but it's pretty situational. I imagine it works better on an armored unit with wary fighter so I'll try it out.

Have you tried any of the firesweep weapons? LnD3 pairs perfectly with it. I like it especially on cordelia and elincia with flier emblem.

I've got a Soleil and a Brave Lance Cordelia. Minerva was a bit squishy when I ran LnD before (though that was before 2x New Year Flier weapon wards). I might try it on Soleil once the new update comes around.

Yep, I have a guard bow on Jakob, just never really used him much.  It's hard to work colorless bros into your arena teams.

I'm not a fan of L&D3 either.   It's one of my biggest peeves in fact.  Swift Sparrow is better in almost every situation.   Instead of merging any B.Lyn or others, I put SS2 on most everything that uses it well. 

and on the 29th orb....

Screenshot_20180510-024559_Fire_Emblem_Heroes.jpg

dogshit boon with +def -res but I don't even care.  at least its not a -atk or -spd. 

lol

80 orbs and not a single Genealogy character showed up..

Well, I guess it's a good thing these heroes aren't season-locked. If they were I'd be really tempted to buy some orbs

Sanaki should have been Anna; mostly because she's not 10.

Also, what in God's name happened to Ninian's leg in her injured art?

With all the hullabaloo on other sites surrounding Sanaki, I thought I'd clarify something. My disappointment comes from Sanaki taking a slot that could have been Anna; finishing alts for the trio and continuing the story from last year.

I also think that there are better choices for this banner in general. From Path of Radiance alone you have: Titania, Nephenee, Jill, Tanith, and Lucia. Even Mia would be a good choice, with plenty of "how am I supposed to fight in this" comments.

yeah I dunno.  I guess I don't get worked up over the alt costumes like a lot of other people do.  If the unit is good, I want it.  I've only played like three of of the Fire Emblem games.  So I don't understand where people are coming from when they talk about the GBA games, or the games that never even made it here.

I should have bought Path of Radiance 10 years ago, or all those times where I had a chance.  It has been sitting in my 'to buy' bookmarks for a decade.  It's one of those 1 out of 20 games that fell through the cracks, for me. 

wow dude that's fuckin amazing.  Grats!  Now that's the way you do a banner.  Get in, get out.  Did you get some good IVs?

I decided to just spend 15 orbs, was happy to see no colorless on my first round.  Got Siegbert, and I'm done for now.   Trying to save for the Legendary Banner on the 30th.

Tharja's IV is good with +spd/-res, and Sanaki is pretty good with -hp/+spd. I've been getting a lot of -atk lately, so I'm always happy to avoid that.

Not to get me started again, but Grand Conquest is such a sh___y mode. There was a space where my team was ahead 30k to nothing, by the time I completed my perfect Lunatic score, it wasn't added because somehow they put up 130k+ in the time it took me to clear the map once.

On the bright side, I pushed my luck and got Flying Horse Dancing Ninian in another 80 orbs.

I thought I'd give some initial impressions on Bridal Sanaki and Tharja in case the upcoming Legend (or new hero) Banner doesn't appeal to someone. Most of my playing has been in Tempest Trials, but the numbers I use below will not include those stat boosts. I'd like to add that I've never had an easier TT than this w/ BTharja, BSanaki, BNinian, and Nanna.

Sanaki - Base kit + Glimmer, Goad Fliers
The most obvious thing is that she's an offensive powerhouse. Just standing next to one unit she hits 60atk, 35spd, and 38res. For my barracks that puts her around Death Blow Effie/Siegbert, and Brazen Atk WChrom damage range. She doesn't double often, but she avoids a lot of them too.

The thing I really like is that she provides some good utility as well with her B skill. With Goad Fliers, she can move another unit into range and give +4/+4/+6/+6 to take out reds/high res units that you don't want to just attack with her. Drive Spd+Drive Atk seal can do the same on mixed teams w/ +3 instead of +4. Seal + Goad would make it +7/+4/+6/+6.
Tharja - Base kit + Moonbow, Threaten Res
I'll admit, she surprised me. Her base spd is already tied for fastest in my barracks with +5 fury Masked Marth and +10 4* fury Nino. Her numbers with one bond are 56atk, 48spd so she should double a lot of what you run into barring B skills. Her defensive numbers are bad, but that speed means that a Tactic/Drive can help her take a hit. If you want her attacking multiple ranged units, desperation seems like a must have.

That said, I am a big fan of Spd Feint. Ploys can be difficult for me to set up sometimes for Player Phase. It's also great for hitting ultra high res enemies. A simple rally speed on Tharja can give her the equivalent of 59 speed. You can also have Tharja rally someone when she has nothing else to do, and either set up a big turn for Galeforce users, or greatly improve a wall with midrange spd (especially if that wall also runs Threaten atk).

Well, the legendary banner has finally been announced.  It's not as good as I hoped.  It never is.   But it's alright and it includes Hardin.  I missed NY Azura too so I will be pulling for her on here instead of Ninian on brides.  It's unfortunate that the legendary units take up 1/3 of the banner.  For me, they haven't been too hard to get at all;  I'm only missing archer Lyn.  I'll be draining my orbs on this one, and probably will be pulling all colors as well. It is tempting to pull just greens and blues but I'm missing four units total, including Ryoma. 

Even if you have some of the focus units it's essentially a 2.67% rate for a particular focus character on a Legendary Banner, since there are no off-focus units.   Even if there's four units you don't want, that means you're still pulling 5.33% on the ones you do.   It's still a good ratio, and its a great return on investment for 5* in general.

Well, the legendary banner has finally been announced. It's not as good as I hoped. It never is. But it's alright and it includes Hardin. I missed NY Azura too so I will be pulling for her on here instead of Ninian on brides. It's unfortunate that the legendary units take up 1/3 of the banner. For me, they haven't been too hard to get at all; I'm only missing archer Lyn. I'll be draining my orbs on this one, and probably will be pulling all colors as well. It is tempting to pull just greens and blues but I'm missing four units total, including Ryoma.

Even if you have some of the focus units it's essentially a 2.67% rate for a particular focus character on a Legendary Banner, since there are no off-focus units. Even if there's four units you don't want, that means you're still pulling 5.33% on the ones you do. It's still a good ratio, and its a great return on investment for 5* in general.
Personally, I’m really excited for this banner. I haven’t been able to pull Hardin and I’d really like to get a few extra for bold fighter fodder. I also don’t have Sigurd, Y!Tiki, Gunnthra, or NY!Azura yet. So I’ll be pulling red, green, and blue. This should hopefully help bolster my weak calvalry and flying roster quite a bit.

Not really interested in the new Ryoma, but did the free pull on the banner. Got Hardin. Not bad.

Also farmed a bunch of Infernal maps I still didn't finish for the orbs and finally got Bride Ninian!

I think I'm good for a while. I should probably start saving for the next inevitable summer banner.

Welp, I spent my 219 orbs pulling greens and blues looking for Hardin and NY Azura most of all.   It was frightening.   Got a Fjorm on my 6th orb and then that's all I had after 160 orbs spent.   Then got pity broken by Gunnthra gahhh.  But finished the session for once and pulled a Ryoma on my first red orb opened.  So that was cool. Ended up with a really strong finish over my last 50 orbs and pulled five more focus units total.  I ended up with:

-1 Fjorm

-1 Winter Robin

-1 Winter Chrom

-2 Gunnthra

-1 Legendary Ryoma

So that's not bad.   Got two of the four characters I was missing, and got good IVs too, in +atk -def Ryoma and +atk -res winter Chrom.  I can't complain about that!  Pretty stoked to have +atk on two new, good units.  Didn't get either of the two main units I was shooting for but that's okay.

Its frightening spending 160 orbs and only getting one dupe focus unit though.  Pulling five more in my final 50 orbs was a life saver.  Still haven't pulled a single unit with Bold Fighter! Now I have one more that needs it with Chrom lol!

Welp, I spent my 219 orbs pulling greens and blues looking for Hardin and NY Azura most of all. It was frightening. Got a Fjorm on my 6th orb and then that's all I had after 160 orbs spent. Then got pity broken by Gunnthra gahhh. But finished the session for once and pulled a Ryoma on my first red orb opened. So that was cool. Ended up with a really strong finish over my last 50 orbs and pulled five more focus units total. I ended up with:

-1 Fjorm
-1 Winter Robin
-1 Winter Chrom
-2 Gunnthra
-1 Legendary Ryoma

So that's not bad. Got two of the four characters I was missing, and got good IVs too, in +atk -def Ryoma and +atk -res winter Chrom. I can't complain about that! Pretty stoked to have +atk on two new, good units. Didn't get either of the two main units I was shooting for but that's okay.

Its frightening spending 160 orbs and only getting one dupe focus unit though. Pulling five more in my final 50 orbs was a life saver. Still haven't pulled a single unit with Bold Fighter! Now I have one more that needs it with Chrom lol!
That seems really good for 219 orbs. I spent my whole load of close to 350 orbs. I was only planning on spending about 200 but I really wanted Hardin and L!Ryoma and hadn’t gotten either yet. I ended up getting Ryoma on my Very last pull. Here are the highlights of my pulls...

Hardin +Atk -Res
L!Ryoma +HP -Atk
W!Robin Neutral
2x Gunnthra both +HP -Atk
Sigurd +HP -Spd
2x W!Chrom
Y!Tiki +HP -Spd

2x 4* Ares
2x 4* Shigure

I’m a little bummed I didn’t get another Hardin to feed H!Jakob or an Azura. I stopped pulling on greens early because I got the 2 Chroms and 2 Gunnthras before anything else.

Since the last Arena changes, perfect runs aren't even good enough for my Arena core to get me out of tier 18 anymore. To drop from 19.5 to 17.5, there has to be something I'm missing. Unless it's simply because it's easier for 5 deathless wins than it is 7.

Since the last Arena changes, perfect runs aren't even good enough for my Arena core to get me out of tier 18 anymore. To drop from 19.5 to 17.5, there has to be something I'm missing. Unless it's simply because it's easier for 5 deathless wins than it is 7.
I think a big part of it is that all of the bonus characters give 40% bonus now.

I've got some merge-y stuff I've been debating about.
Julia:
The new banner gave me a +atk/-res one to replace/merge my old +res/-def. With all the dragos, I'm wondering if Phantom Spd + Watersweep is worth considering for 20k feathers.
Without it, she just seems like a higher res Rhajat without the horseslayer
Halloween Henry:
Between Lyn, him, and Amelia I think I've got armor march covered. I think I'll make him +2 for now, and save one in case his tome becomes a thing.
BK, Ishtar, Gunnthra, Siegbert:
These are tough, because I don't know that I want to give up one (or two) Steady Stance, Atk Tactic, Res Ploy, or Odd Atk Wave (or swift sparrow) just for +1/+1
On a side note: I think +4 is my point of diminishing returns on merges. It seems like a waste to spend 20k feathers for the worst two stats left (at +5) and then another 20k/80k for an additional +1/2 to their best attribute.

Yeah, merges are tricky.  I tend to think the same way you do.  I hold onto my extra characters for as long as possible until I decide that I won't be using their ability to inherit.  

SS2 is def one of the ones that I would consider holding off on the merges.  I gave about five of them to the various units that I use.  Otherwise most of those other units can safely be merged.  I merged Gunnthra +2 this week.  BK is whatever.  Siegbert you might want to hold onto but he can probably be merged safely. 

I would strongly consider merging any highly used characters.  It's also impossible to decide to inherit something like Res Ploy or Atk tactics, because you're not sure that its an ideal fit.  So you never pull the trigger on it anyways.   Plus some of that stuff exists as seals. 

I have a +2 Halloween Henry and I love using him and Halloween Jakob since Henry has Armored March. I’m really tempted to pull on this legendary banner again and try to get another Hardin to give Bold Fighter to Jakob. Hardin is an absolute beast! He is such a tank and really fun to use. I gave him the Armored Boots seal.

I was at 10.5%, but I finally got a Hardin of my own. I wanted to give Bold Fighter to Jakob too, but the Hardin I pulled is -spd/+res. That's a pretty good IV to just toss away on SI.

I was at 10.5%, but I finally got a Hardin of my own. I wanted to give Bold Fighter to Jakob too, but the Hardin I pulled is -spd/+res. That's a pretty good IV to just toss away on SI.
damn, lucky you. I wanted to spend money so badly last night. Really wanted those two characters from the banner. But I didn't. I'm holding strong this year.

sigh, Hardin.

Nino's "Don't fall! Don't fall!" has replaced W.Tharja's "Good day!" as my favorite movement phrase.

I also switched my castle design to "Columned Castle" and it looks a lot better with the new home screen banners.

back to what you were talking about the other day...

yeah wow my first 5win streak including two bonus units and an entire un-merged team of armors was not enough to go up a level to rank 19 again. Yesterday i dropped to 26,xxx missing the cut at 3,472. So I spent a few crests and only accepted 700 point matches (I typically get 692+ with this team), finishing with a score of 3504 which bumped me up to 15,319 currently and well within the rank-up cutoff. I've never had to do that before.

It's all so dumb. Sorry that I haven't felt like spending 200k feathers to merge and use the same character forever~ Should prolly just do Reinhardt tho.

back to what you were talking about the other day...

yeah wow my first 5win streak including two bonus units and an entire un-merged team of armors was not enough to go up a level to rank 19 again. Yesterday i dropped to 26,xxx missing the cut at 3,472. So I spent a few crests and only accepted 700 point matches (I typically get 692+ with this team), finishing with a score of 3504 which bumped me up to 15,319 currently and well within the rank-up cutoff. I've never had to do that before.

It's all so dumb. Sorry that I haven't felt like spending 200k feathers to merge and use the same character forever~ Should prolly just do Reinhardt tho.
I agree 100%. I have enough Reinhardts to do a +8 unit, but I don’t want to spend the feathers on a unit that damn near everyone uses in Arena. I have more fun diversifying teams and building different units.

I’m saving for the next Legendary banner or the Summer banner so thankfully the Scattered Fangs one doesn’t interest me. Karla looks like a really good unit though. Congrats!

bread's done
Back