first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

Any word on S-video cables?

I don't have an HDTV, but need and S-video cable so I can run it through my receiver which can only do S-video switching the way everything is wired up.

My friend got an email saying the initial allotment has been depleted. Let's hope the World Store has them at launch then. :(

[quote name='pop311']Okay, IS IT TO LATE TO ORDER?[/quote]
From Nintendo's website:
Due to high demand, our initial allotment of the Wii Component Video Cables has been depleted. We expect to begin shipping again the week of November 28, 2006.

My cable is back-ordered, guess I won't get mine till after the second shipment on 11/25. It's upsetting but nothing we can do. Better then having to wait till 12/5.

[quote name='portnoyd']My friend got an email saying the initial allotment has been depleted. Let's hope the World Store has them at launch then. :([/quote]

Going to bug them tonite when my brother and I swing by (he lost his preorder receipt, and he gave my address not our parent's like on his drivers license, so he wants to get another to prevent midnight grief...)

[quote name='kevzik']Excuse my ignorence, but I don't get it. Why are these such a big deal? Is the Wii not coming with componet cables?[/QUOTE]

Both the Wii and the PS3 ship with composite cables.

[quote name='kevzik']Excuse my ignorence, but I don't get it. Why are these such a big deal? Is the Wii not coming with componet cables?[/quote]OK here it is, The Wii comes with composite cables. These cables are the worst of the 3. Composite= worst(but not that bad) S-Video ( better) Component (BEst) Component let the Wii run in the highest resolution setting that the game can run.

[quote name='kevzik']Excuse my ignorence, but I don't get it. Why are these such a big deal? Is the Wii not coming with componet cables?[/quote]

1) Yes, it's not coming with component cables. Just the composite cables.
2) It's a big deal because you can't use the GC component cable with it (see my post on page 1 or 2), and they've been rumored to be in short supply around launch, via retail or online.

Ah shit that was fast. I'm stuck until December I guess.

One thing about the big N, they updated their site and phone line with the "backorder" disclaimer, so there's no two ways about me not getting a cable for launch (at least through them). I'm definitely screwed on that. I'm hoping the "mainstream" consumers get their head out their ass and buy some gotdamm HD TVs and get with the 21st century already so us hardcore people can get their shit easier and cheaper lol.. :D

I'll just order this with the Power sub and Zelda TP guide+CD package...

I have now spoken with 5 Nintendo representatives, and all I have to say is that this was a total disaster for Nintendo.

They were not even remotely prepared for the type of demand they would have for these cables, and they really have let down the "hardcore" gamer crowd. It should NOT be this hard to get something that should come standard with any new movie or video game player/system. I really like how the 360 has composite and component all in one. Supposedly I will get my component cables some time, but I don't really know who/what to believe any more.

Ugh.

[quote name='purduealum91']The last three digits of my order are 019.. am I screwed?[/QUOTE]
the important number is the one before that..if it is 3 or 4 you are screwed(so far).

[quote name='purduealum91']The number before it is 1. So, I should be ok?[/quote]

You should be okay, but the way Nintendo has been handling these orders is really puzzling.

I know I ordered hours after most people here, but my 269X UPSBLUE order shipped while other people with 1XXX UPSRED orders are still waiting.:whistle2:k

Strange, strange indeed. I just want this all to be over with. Can you guys/gals imagine if the PS3 and Wii were being released over black friday!

[quote name='pop311'] Composite= worst (but not that bad) S-Video ( better) Component (Best) Component let the Wii run in the highest resolution setting that the game can run.[/QUOTE]

http://lyberty.com/encyc/articles/svideo.html

This site has visual aids and will probably help anyone like myself understand this confusing situation better. I have a vintage 15 year old TV with a coaxial only input so this cable would mean nothing to me unless I get a new TV set with all these newer input features.

I think the explanation on GAF makes sense: RED is one day shipping so Nintendo held those until tomorrow (since they'd still arrive on Friday.) Blue took priority since it was 2 day shipping and by shipping out today, they'd also make delivery before the weekend. Sucks for the people who paid for it, but it's actually a decent system. They had limited capacity (workers for the demand) and why ship cables and have some people get them on Thursday (with nothing to use them on) and others get them on Monday. This way they have the most number of satisfied customers*

*Shipping them for retailers at launch would have made me much more satisfied since it would have saved me money.

Mine shipped. Thanks OP. Made me five minutes late for work, but having been out of computer access for the 11 hours since then, I definitely appreciate the notice.

[quote name='Scrubsy']mine is 0965 with Red and its still preparing order. Should I call them tonight or wait till tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

You can call, but it isn't going to speed your order up any. My advice would be to call tomorrow morning if your order doesn't have a tracking number by then. I called earlier tonight and they said mine was ready to ship, and that I'd get a tracking number as soon as its scanned by UPS before it ships out. For reference I'm paying for UPSRED, my order is 1459, my status page still shows "Preparing Order", and I have no tracking number.

[quote name='pop311']What could be bad about getting 3rd party Component cables[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but from where? If they have 3rd party cables in EB on Sunday then I'm getting them for sure, but I don't think we've had any confirmation of that. The only thing was the Overtock.com $19.90 preorders for 3rd party cables - and those say shipment by mid February. No thanks on that!

can someone explain to me the deal with confirmation numbers. Do they have some bearing on when you will receive your cables? My order number is: 3451348. What does that mean?

bread's done
Back