Fist of the North Star (360/PS3) for $9.99 at Amazon

anyone here has sengoku basara samurai heroes? how does it compare to FotNS and DW games? need some thoughts on this since im thinking about getting it as a filler

Hmmm, I just thought of something, if I were pre-order a game with this for FSSS and then cancel the pre-order after the game arrives, would there be some kind of penalty?

[quote name='WhiteLens']Hmmm, I just thought of something, if I were pre-order a game with this for FSSS and then cancel the pre-order after the game arrives, would there be some kind of penalty?[/QUOTE]

Jesus would remove one of your testicles.

On Topic: I would definitely grab this for 9.99, but I don't want to pay shipping :(.

EDIT: TY Amazon Prime trial :D. In for 1 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
How over the top is this game? I might pick it up if it is so over the top that it is just awesome. I loved fist of the north star and if it keeps the same level of blood splattering action then I am in.

[quote name='Vigilante']What to do, what to do...? :whistle2:k

I still have Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes in my backlog (which is massive enough), and I'm waiting for DW7 to drop to the $20-$30 range, but FotNS looks like a more contemplative (i.e. slower :lol:) and strategic Dynasty Warriors. Though I didn't like the demo, I've heard that it's a poor example of how the actual game plays. I'm technically not a FotNS fan, and as such, I probably won't get as much out of the game as others, so there's that.[/QUOTE]

Don't buy DW7! Koei is pulling a Capcom on this one and they are coming out with DW7: Xtreme Legends. More characters, scenarios (I think) and I forgot what else exactly. They are releasing it at $39.99. http://www.amazon.com/Dynasty-Warri...TF8&coliid=I1TB9LRZK99T5L&colid=2MBPZ1T44F8JL

I was pissed because I bought DW7 when Amazon had a lightning deal on it for $39.99. The week after that, I saw they announced DW7: Xtreme Legends.. I was so mad. At least I traded it in recently at BB with 60% TIV and got around $27 back for it.

Sengoku Basara is amazing. Especially if you are already a fan of the series/anime. I really like the anime, so I imported that one with Japanese voices. Don't understand a damn thing, but I don't regret it since I didn't like the English voices at all. Date and other characters just weren't the same for me without Japanese voices.

Also, they announced Sengoku Basara Utage for Japan. (Basically just the first game with more characters and other additions.) I don't know if it will be localized though since I heard SB:SH didn't do well in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='itzd4n']anyone here has sengoku basara samurai heroes? how does it compare to FotNS and DW games? need some thoughts on this since im thinking about getting it as a filler[/QUOTE]

Basara has fewer playable characters but more individualized movesets than the average DW roster. Each Basara character plays noticeably differently and requires their own strategy. It definitely shows the hallmarks of a developer who specializes in fighting and action games.

I find the game to be a bit faster and livelier than DW, though objectives for completing levels are generally more simplistic. Basara also has a really great sense of humor and is fully aware of how ridiculously over-the-top it is. I bought it at release and don't regret it, so it's a no-brainer for any Warriors fan at current price.

[quote name='fwbweux']Basara has fewer playable characters but more individualized movesets than the average DW roster. Each Basara character plays noticeably differently and requires their own strategy. It definitely shows the hallmarks of a developer who specializes in fighting and action games.

I find the game to be a bit faster and livelier than DW, though objectives for completing levels are generally more simplistic. Basara also has a really great sense of humor and is fully aware of how ridiculously over-the-top it is. I bought it at release and don't regret it, so it's a no-brainer for any Warriors fan at current price.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the breakdown. just helped me make my purchase.
and forgot in my earlier post, but thanks OP! in for 1 for PS3!

Damn you OP, am trying to saving money & you find this great offer at that price. Now the gamer side of me has purchase & made the order.
Again,thanks for posting the find.

[quote name='Tgebbs']should I get this? I'm a fan of dynasty warrior games but don't care / know anything about FotNS...[/QUOTE]

I had never watched the anime either, but I absolutely loved this game. If you love this style of game, you should love Fist of the North Star.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Damnit, is the 360 version really that shitty? I'd have picked it up in a heartbeat if it weren't for that.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. I own the 360 version and it plays just fine.

[quote name='Japakneez']My frys pulls off a dick move and adds the cost of 1-day shipping because im picking it up from them today. Kinda on topic, does anyone have a list of online retailers that frys matches? I'm wondering if B&H is on the list.[/QUOTE]

Tell them if they do that, they should refund you for the gas money and time you spend driving to their store instead of getting a package at your home.

[quote name='barrit']Don't buy DW7! Koei is pulling a Capcom on this one and they are coming out with DW7: Xtreme Legends. More characters, scenarios (I think) and I forgot what else exactly. They are releasing it at $39.99. http://www.amazon.com/Dynasty-Warri...TF8&coliid=I1TB9LRZK99T5L&colid=2MBPZ1T44F8JL

[/QUOTE]

Koei ALWAYS does that. They've never included all the original content on the XL disk though. It's an expansion pack. Still overpriced as hell though.

You will need your original DW7 disk to play the story and other modes from that in DW7XL

Blah, went ahead and bit on a :ps3: copy. It was more or less my filler in order to buy the ICO novel anyway.

thanks OP

Ended up getting a 360 copy. I guess I'll have to wait for it instead of getting it price matched somewhere. I don't know anything about fist of the north star, but I like Dynasty Warriors: Gundam and am excited for Dynasty Warriors: One Piece, and since I'm waiting for a price drop for Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3, this'll fill the void quite nicely, I think.

Thanks op!

I got this on x360 when it came out last year for $50, I beat the hell out of it and sold it later for a $10 loss. Now I'm rebuying this game for ps3 xD

I bought it with Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes for $26.48 total

The game seems to be NOT worth it. I'm an anime fan and average gamer.

Seems to be just Punch kick punch kick no brainer game with ni depth.
But it's fan might like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ9lwbD81ZI

[quote name='LegacyGamer']
Seems to be just Punch kick punch kick no brainer game with ni depth.
But it's fan might like it. [/QUOTE]

Welcome to the wonderful world of Musou games.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Koei ALWAYS does that. They've never included all the original content on the XL disk though. It's an expansion pack. Still overpriced as hell though.

You will need your original DW7 disk to play the story and other modes from that in DW7XL[/QUOTE]

Yep Thats the koeicom way. Been making the same game for over 12 years which makes me sad :(

[quote name='strait edge follower']Yep Thats the koeicom way. Been making the same game for over 12 years which makes me sad :([/QUOTE]
and we all keep buying them...

I read the reviews, and I still don't understand what this game is about. I've never played God Hand or Dynasty Warriors. I guess it's a beat-em-up like early 90s Konami arcade games (Simpsons, TMNT, X-Men)?

I watched a few gameplay vids of this today and it looks like crap really. I got bored of watching it after 5 minutes. This thread is such proof people will justify buying crap however they can when its cheap.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I watched a few gameplay vids of this today and it looks like crap really. I got bored of watching it after 5 minutes. This thread is such proof people will justify buying crap however they can when its cheap.[/QUOTE]
So why not shut up and stay out of the thread rather than trying to justifying to those buying why you are not buying it? Oh cares.

Rented this and couldn't get into it. Love fotns anime but this game was a joke. Import the fotns fighting game for the ps2 if you want a better representation of this great anime.

[quote name='cheaphuck']So why not shut up and stay out of the thread rather than trying to justifying to those buying why you are not buying it? Oh cares.[/QUOTE]

Hit a sore spot eh? Lol. Maybe ill help one CAG not waste 10 bucks on this with my post. U never know.

[quote name='destro4eva']Rented this and couldn't get into it. Love fotns anime but this game was a joke. Import the fotns fighting game for the ps2 if you want a better representation of this great anime.[/QUOTE]

Yup

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Hit a sore spot eh? Lol. Maybe ill help one CAG not waste 10 bucks on this with my post. U never know.[/QUOTE]

Your post encouraged me to buy this game so thanks

yep. picked it up for $10 on ps3. I loved god hand, but im not even expecting that level of genius sans mikami. Read it's an easy but long grinding plat, ill just keep to play here and there. Peace all and thanx op for the find!

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Hit a sore spot eh? Lol. Maybe ill help one CAG not waste 10 bucks on this with my post. U never know.[/QUOTE]
Not really, your post was just dumb as you were not even going off first hand experience. And if anything a real CAG knows even if this game is shit you can turn around and sell or trade it for close to how much they paid. And even if it turns out to be complete shit it wont be much of shock or even disappointment to many as it was only $10.

[quote name='cheaphuck']not really, your post was just dumb as you were not even going off first hand experience. And if anything a real cag knows even if this game is shit you can turn around and sell or trade it for close to how much they paid. And even if it turns out to be complete shit it wont be much of shock or even disappointment to many as it was only $10.[/quote]

+1

I think I got this for $17 and it's okay as long as you know what to expect. At least it differs from the bajillion Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors in that I can say the characters names.

[quote name='CaoPi']Suprised this deal is still alive![/QUOTE]

its because its 1 per customer/account. i bought one earlier for ps3, then was gonna get another one shipped w/ prime to my friend to save him shipping fees, but it wouldn't let me check out. Called my friend up and told him just to get an artbook with the game for free shipping and it worked fine for him.

lol i doubt anyone would hoard this game to flip anyways

[quote name='addicted2games']Thanks OP. I got the game along with Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes for the PS3. Gonna try these anime games for a change.[/QUOTE]

good choice I loved Sengoku Basara, Date and Hanzo are my favorite characters in the PS3 ver

bread's done
Back