Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

Stopped over at a Five Below near me a few days ago. There were a ton of copies of GT5, Adventure Time: EtDBIDK and Finding Nemo for 3DS, and a DS game based on that godawful version of A Christmas Carol from Disney. They had a limited amount of copies of MG Rising for PS3, so I grabbed one of those, GT5 and a random 3DS game in the pile called Shifting World.

Picked up Tetris Ultimate (3DS) at my local Five Below.  I'm not a huge Tetris fan but the game is still $15 used at Gamestop so I figured, what the hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I scored Metal Gear Rising Revengeance for the xbox 360 for $5 compared to places like Gamestop that charge $10 for it used, thats a really good buy. The store I visited had a lot more copies.  If anybody wasn't lucky to find this game at their store and wants a copy just inbox me for details.

Picked up Tetris Ultimate (3DS) at my local Five Below. I'm not a huge Tetris fan but the game is still $15 used at Gamestop used so I figured, what the hell.
This is the first I heard of Tetris Ultimate at Five Below. Do you remember if there were a lot or only a few available? The reason I ask is this will be a good gauge for me if I should bother checking my Five Belows for it.

This is the first I heard of Tetris Ultimate at Five Below. Do you remember if there were a lot or only a few available? The reason I ask is this will be a good gauge for me if I should bother checking my Five Belows for it.
They had plenty (at least 30 or so) at my Five Below. Most stores usually get plenty of copies so you should be fine.

Stopped over at a Five Below near me a few days ago. There were a ton of copies of GT5, Adventure Time: EtDBIDK and Finding Nemo for 3DS, and a DS game based on that godawful version of A Christmas Carol from Disney. They had a limited amount of copies of MG Rising for PS3, so I grabbed one of those, GT5 and a random 3DS game in the pile called Shifting World.
Yeah, for 3DS and DS I saw a ton of Adventure Time, some Finding Nemo, A Christmas Carol (and Rudolph ...the Rudolphs were from Christmas of 2013 or earlier) Also, Zhuzhu Pets The Wild Bunch (with hamster), Bakugan (one with a gimmick thing included).

Had some Wii stuff but nothing I can remember unfortunately and quite a few copies of MG Rising for the 360 (didn't see any PS3).

This was the Selinsgrove, PA store (Monroe Marketplace)

Yeah, for 3DS and DS I saw a ton of Adventure Time, some Finding Nemo, A Christmas Carol (and Rudolph ...the Rudolphs were from Christmas of 2013 or earlier) Also, Zhuzhu Pets The Wild Bunch (with hamster), Bakugan (one with a gimmick thing included).
Had some Wii stuff but nothing I can remember unfortunately and quite a few copies of MG Rising for the 360 (didn't see any PS3).
This was the Selinsgrove, PA store (Monroe Marketplace)

I wonder how many of those bakugan games got printed...I've seen that game less than $10 for the past year

I wasn't sure which Tetris I had for 3DS (Tetris Axis) but I should of picked up Tetris Ultimate when I had a chance, only seen 3 on the wall where DVD's were. When I went to check out, that was when I noticed games in a barrel by the front, which had most of which everyone has mentioned (Adventure Time 3DS, MGS R for 360, various Wii games). Kind of like going to Target now days where they randomly place clearance items in random end caps of the store.

Hey gang, I saw two new titles at my local Five Below: PS3 Blazblue continuum shift extend and WiiU Skylanders giants starter pack.

YMMV as usual.

Saw Blazbule CSE here in Michigan. Probably would have bought Giants at $5, but didn't see any. That will probably sell out fast at most stores.

Saw Blazbule CSE here in Michigan. Probably would have bought Giants at $5, but didn't see any. That will probably sell out fast at most stores.
Depends where in Michigan you are, but there were dozens at the Five Below in Roseville (12 and Gratiot), the one in Chesterfield (23 and Gratiot), Sterling Heights (Hall Rd, right across from Lakeside Mall) and Troy (14 and John R).

Some of the stores are actually shelving them with the board games.

Nice find, but I don't have any in my area :(

I wish there was more to your story.. like you happened to discover it because an employee gave you a wink and a nudge then told you 'shhh' as they pointed you in the right direction.
That will be on the upcoming episode of "To Catch a Predator".

Depends where in Michigan you are, but there were dozens at the Five Below in Roseville (12 and Gratiot), the one in Chesterfield (23 and Gratiot), Sterling Heights (Hall Rd, right across from Lakeside Mall) and Troy (14 and John R).

Some of the stores are actually shelving them with the board games.
The one in Livonia had them up in a bin by the registers and it looked like there were 30+ when I grabbed mine. Unless these are decent flips somewhere, which I seriously doubt, they shouldn't sell out too quickly.

We just got one about 1.5 hours away. We went in they had Skylanders Giants for Wii U. Was tempted to try it out at that price but held off.

Found Gears of War Judgement and Starcraft Heart of the Swarm hard cover strategy guides yesterday for $5. 

Found Gears of War Judgement and Starcraft Heart of the Swarm hard cover strategy guides yesterday for $5.
Which location? I haven't seen these ones pop up yet. I'm in the Philly area, where Five Below is located, so there is a chance I missed these if they stocked them here earlier.

Any Philly-area locations on Blazblue? I'm going to check my local store after work.

Joliet/Plainfield IL has Killzone 3 and BlazBlue (plus probably the Wii games, etc) but the only guides this time around was a single softback GTA 5 guide shoved under the case with some abandoned One Direction biographies and riddle books.  On the other hand, if you need an unauthorized biography of Whitney Houston or about seven hundred different Minecraft guides, they've got you covered.

The one at Easton (Columbus, Ohio) has I Spy for DS, Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend, and Skylanders Giants Starter Pack w/portal (Wii U only).  Guide-wise, they have GTA V (hardcover and paperback) and a few random Minecraft guides.

Which location? I haven't seen these ones pop up yet. I'm in the Philly area, where Five Below is located, so there is a chance I missed these if they stocked them here earlier.

Any Philly-area locations on Blazblue? I'm going to check my local store after work.
Don't know which area of Philly you are from, but I seen Blazeblue at the 5 Below located in the Gateway Plaza (In Wayne, right off of E Swedesford Rd). I usually check the Plymouth Meeting and South Philly 5 Below, but haven't been in the area for a while.

I was shocked to see boxes upon boxes of wiiu skylander giants starter kits. Picked one up yesterday and asked my wife to pick me up another today for a buddy :)

Route 22 in Springfield, NJ

Leave me atleast one... if you go there to clean house! Ahahahah

Ton of the Skylanders Giants Wii U in the store I visited again the other day. Nothing else good though. I was tempted but know I won't play it.

I didnt think i would have either... But i needed a game to test my xbox. Gamestop had the swapforce kit for $10. So, it was either that or a used copy of Thief.

Shortly after that i cleared my local gamestops of their $1-3 skylanders to get all the elements. Ahaha

Its a great buffer if you play a lot of violent games. Im pretty content with my $40 investment.

I didnt think i would have either... But i needed a game to test my xbox. Gamestop had the swapforce kit for $10. So, it was either that or a used copy of Thief.

Shortly after that i cleared my local gamestops of their $1-3 skylanders to get all the elements. Ahaha

Its a great buffer if you play a lot of violent games. Im pretty content with my $40 investment.
I have the new Disney 3.0 coming, and I do some of the amiibos. So I didn't want to get sucked in on another "toy" type game where I had to/wanted to buy more figures lol. Especially since they do a new Skylanders every year.

Don't know which area of Philly you are from, but I seen Blazeblue at the 5 Below located in the Gateway Plaza (In Wayne, right off of E Swedesford Rd). I usually check the Plymouth Meeting and South Philly 5 Below, but haven't been in the area for a while.
I'm actually closer to the Wayne one now, but I was in Langhorne that day and saw BlazBlue there. No sighting of Skylanders or the new GOW/Starcraft guides there yet, if anyone's looking. Going to keep an eye out for the GOW guide.

FWIW, Langhorne has Syphon Filter Dark Strain for PS2 and PSP, if anyones looking... :speaktothehand:

^Grabbed a copy of Blazblue CSE, Gears of War Judgement guide and Killzone 3 yesterday at that location.  Didn't see the Last of Us guide or Starcraft Heart of the Swarm's guide.

^Grabbed a copy of Blazblue CSE, Gears of War Judgement guide and Killzone 3 yesterday at that location. Didn't see the Last of Us guide or Starcraft Heart of the Swarm's guide.
Thanks! You mean the Wayne PA location right? Conveniently near my new job site, so I'll be searching for the Gears guide.

bread's done
Back