Flip Successes and Flip Flops

[quote name='RandyTsai']i have bunch of extras. I hope it was appreciated.[/quote]

do you post here just to try and cause dissension or troll? it's only mildly funny, but still assinine

[quote name='zepheron']do you post here just to try and cause dissension or troll? it's only mildly funny, but still assinine[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='Persona7']I finally got a copy of PSO, all I am missing is the network adapter for Schthack.[/quote]

Are you sure that the online capabilities weren't discontinued for PSO for the older systems? I mean, I could check since I just picked up a Broadband adapter... but iirc the majority of online PS2 games (except ff11 and a few others) had their online discontinued... or if it still works, it may work with the Wii's wireless... *shrug*

[quote name='dyeknom']Are you sure that the online capabilities weren't discontinued for PSO for the older systems? I mean, I could check since I just picked up a Broadband adapter... but iirc the majority of online PS2 games (except ff11 and a few others) had their online discontinued... or if it still works, it may work with the Wii's wireless... *shrug*[/quote] They use private servers.

Not a game, but...

I bought the FFIX soundtrack off amazon brand new from some idiot seller for $5. I waited 5 months for all the copy to sell out at $40 a piece, sold my copy for $85 unopened. I felt like a nugget, but $80 is $80 and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

I'm debating whether or not I should post a list of most games mentioned in this thread, plus a few extras not mentioned, in spite of the lurkers.

[quote name='Puffoluf$$$us']I'm debating whether or not I should post a list of most games mentioned in this thread, plus a few extras not mentioned, in spite of the lurkers.[/quote]

It wouldn't work out in your favor. If you know all the flips yourself, why ake it easier for other people? You had to do all the work to read through the thread to find good flips, make everyone else do the same. Also, if a flip hasn't been mentioned, you might want re-evaluate announcing it because you won't be able to find it once you post it here.

[quote name='s2k']I got a nice gamecube flip with the 20% off gamestop coupon and 10% more with edge[/quote]

A Gamecube flip? oh man, you've stumped me... hmm, ill research it later and see what i can come up with

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']i see wii sports is at $19.99 now at GS website, i remember it being $9.99 lol[/quote]

I suppose, people trying to walk out with 10 copies kind of tipped them off.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I suppose, people trying to walk out with 10 copies kind of tipped them off.[/quote]
or the people who ordered 33 at a time off of the website.

Sry wrong thread. BTW thanks for all the help guys. Really appreciate it. Also was wondering do you think I should sell my copy of GTA San Andreas 1st Edition for PC Sealed now or wait to sell it? Which would be most profitable??

[quote name='paradise2894']Sry wrong thread. BTW thanks for all the help guys. Really appreciate it. Also was wondering do you think I should sell my copy of GTA San Andreas 1st Edition for PC Sealed now or wait to sell it? Which would be most profitable??[/quote]

Looks like it's worth $20-25, hard to say as I'm always suspect on pc games retaining their value.

[quote name='neiname']Looks like it's worth $20-25, hard to say as I'm always suspect on pc games retaining their value.[/quote]
The reason I was asking was that I saw one go for Buy it now on ebay for $120 a little while back. And if the value is what you say might as well keep it because I bought it for $30 thinking the value would go up.

[quote name='paradise2894']The reason I was asking was that I saw one go for Buy it now on ebay for $120 a little while back. And if the value is what you say might as well keep it because I bought it for $30 thinking the value would go up.[/quote]

One auction is not a good indicator of a pricing trend. I occasionally see stuff like this with such ridiculous prices that it has to be some kind of a scam, or collusion by the seller to inflate the selling price of other auctions.

[quote name='dys006']One auction is not a good indicator of a pricing trend. I occasionally see stuff like this with such ridiculous prices that it has to be some kind of a scam, or collusion by the seller to inflate the selling price of other auctions.[/quote]

That's not always the case. A year ago I listed a black label FFVII (opened and in mediocre condition) and it sold for $175.50 when there were plenty of others going for $80 - $90. I have never participated in shill bidding or taken part in any kind of shady techniques to raise the price of my games. Sometimes games selling for high prices are just coincidences. It's still nothing to base the value on your game off of, but you can't jump to the conclusion that the seller is behind the high prices.

It's all about the following 3 factors.

1. Pictures - Lots of them, and not crappy cell phone pics either
2. Feedback - This is where feedback makes a different.
3. Timing - If you auction ends at 10am on a Monday morning, it will likely sell for much less. I time my auctions to either end on the weekend, or end about 8PM CST on a weekday.

You guys ignored the part where it was a buy-it-now. There are no bidding wars with BIN. ;)

Yes, for normal auctions, all it takes is two people who are willing to go nuts.

Do you think taking instructions and game disc out of case (think ps2 game) and taking a picture of that is better than just a closeup of the case in pefect condition?

I take it all out because I don't want them to get something and think I had been "hiding" a flaw. In the end, if your price is right... the picture doesn't matter. If it's a hard sell, then yes.... the picture may matter.

Oh, it definitely matters that the item be on your bed/bedspread for the pic. That is the #1 rule of ebaying.

Thanks for the help guys. Just one more question that nobody seems to be answering in the Craigslist thread. i bought The Flintstones for Sega Genesis with the box and Toejam And Earl for Sega Genesis complete for 5 bucks a piece. How much should I be flipping them for?? I only see 1 other auction in completed auctions that sold for 32 complete for the Flintstones. So how much should I be putting it up for Buy It Now for??

[quote name='paradise2894']Thanks for the help guys. Just one more question that nobody seems to be answering in the Craigslist thread. i bought The Flintstones for Sega Genesis with the box and Toejam And Earl for Sega Genesis complete for 5 bucks a piece. How much should I be flipping them for?? I only see 1 other auction in completed auctions that sold for 32 complete for the Flintstones. So how much should I be putting it up for Buy It Now for??[/quote]

Considering it costs about 5 cents to list you should put it up for as much as you think you can get. What's the harm in putting it up for $25 or $27? If it doesn't sell bring it back down. I do this all the time with my BINs and occasionally it works. I believe this was discussed a few pages back; it is called 'fishing'.

Check amazon and half.com, if nothing posted there... list for higher than the last auction... if it doesnt sell, then lower it.

[quote name='millerjm2']How do you guys feel about the DS-I in regards to money making opportunities?[/QUOTE]

it's still available for pre-order everywhere. seems like if it does sell out, it won't sell for a whole lot more than retail.

I picked up a seal Streets of Rage 2 for the Game Gear today. Have no clue what it would be worth. I only see used items online. Any ideas?

Also, I picked up 750 Dungeons and Dragons cards at a Garage Sale. I have no idea how to look up value or anything. I have no clue about any of the card game stuff. Any help on where to look to find values on cards? Thanks for the help.

Trading in Pokemon GBA carts I got from Goozex to get Ps2 network adapters works well with this promo. Most are 300-450 points on Goozex and trade for a base of $12-13 at Gamestop (with the promo between $16-18) and the PS2 network adapters are still $14.99 and sell for ~$45-50. Not too bad since a lot of game I've traded for 300 points on Goozex I've initially paid under $10 for to begin with.

Also not gaming related, but I've sold quite a bit of audio cassette tapes I had a huge box of for $3-5 each on Amazon. Guess people still want them for their cars or something. So I'd suggest going through the titles in your collection before throwing them out, maybe. Same with vinyl. They don't sell fast but if it has some sort of selling value >$2 it's probably worth a shot.

For the Game day sale coming up, there will be a B2G1 free (stated by some CAGs, seems that Sunday especially there may be one, but may be YMMV) So keep an eye out, you may be able to bump up any flips from gamestop--> gamecrazy you were planning to do.

Found a huge ps2 flip on a game you can find by looking for it.

the price gap is buy it for 20-30 and sell it for 70-100

[quote name='s2k']Found a huge ps2 flip on a game you can find by looking for it.

the price gap is buy it for 20-30 and sell it for 70-100[/quote]

Thanks this is well known in the two flip groups, I assume its online only?

[quote name='s2k']Found a huge ps2 flip on a game you can find by looking for it.

the price gap is buy it for 20-30 and sell it for 70-100[/quote]

Wow, thanks! I believe I figured it out. My lips are sealed. :)

God damnit that was annoying as hell. Whose stupid idea was it to have that bastard hold 3 damn bottles and just hit them together for minutes at a time? That little clip made me go from alright to just pissed off.

[quote name='YawnAmuroYawn']And now that it is out in the open, it has of course disappeared from my area.

Lurkers, come out to play. LURKERS, COME OUT TO P-LLAAAAYYY!

For all who don't remember: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xITVFgxcDIg[/quote]

What exactly is out in the open? It seems WAY to many people on this site give it credit for things vanishing. Trust me, this site isn't the end all be all for what is worth flipping or reselling.

clip was awesome. Who in their right mind knocks the Warriors? Even the video game was pretty good. But off topic...

grabbed a VC strategy guide for a penny, and an Onyx DS lite for forty. Had a coupon for $100 towards a DSI with the trade in of a DS Lite. Got DSI for roughly 110 not including tax. It's not much, but meh.

[quote name='ets']Your town must be filled with ebayers... the only time anything like this happened to me was at best buy for penny guides. I've walked out of Walmart with multiple games many times.[/quote]

Funny thing, those Wal-Marts are in different areas. The one that has the Micros for some reason has issues with people buying clearance. I was waiting in line waiting for a manager to come and the girl in front of me said someone must want something on clearance, turns out she saw some clearance tops (I guess that's what girls call shirts) and got six different colors. When she tried to checkout she had to wait for a manager approval. I guess this Wal-Mart doesn't understand clearance. I don't think it is a big eBay area. The Gamestop by this Wal-Mart is great, I found two GameCube component cables, 8 network adapters and a bunch of other rare stuff. The locator is never right and the employees are the worst I've seen but I always find something great there.

The "online" flip I've known about for a while...and I hate it. I sold two a couple months ago for around $50. I keep hitting a store I see has it thinking here comes some easy money. Problem is: all the discs I have found since look like someone confused the disc with a hockey puck. I figured there is no way to eBay them in that condition.

What I wonder is why they would look like that. taking into account what is needed of it...?

This list was up before but its gone so I am posting it again.

I am not in any group so all flips I find will be posted here.

• [FONT=&quot]American Idol Karoke Revolution Wii 34.99 // $60-120[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Book Worms GBA 9.99 // $25-$30[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Devil Summoner PS2 14.99 // $20-25[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Documents of Metal Gear Solid 4.99 // 50[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Gamecube Broadband adapter 0.99 // $20-25[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Gamecube Component 4.99 // 80[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]ICO PS2 19.99 // $25-$35[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Jurrasic Park Operation Genesis PS2 39.99 // $30-$45[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Link's Crossbow Training Wii 2.99 // 10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Marble Mania Wii 29.99 // $35-40[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]NHL PSP 07 17.99 // $15-30[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]PS2 Network Adapter 14.99 // 50[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Street Fighter Collection xbox // $20-$30[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Ultimate Duck Hunt Wii 24.99 // $35-$45[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Wavebirds 17.99 // $20-$25/$60+[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Wii Sports 19.99 // $25-$35[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Wild Arms Alter Code 12.99 // $20-$35[/FONT]

All these prices on the right of the // are gamestops price and on the left of the // is selling price
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[quote name='Harperman979']This list was up before but its gone so I am posting it again.

I am not in any group so all flips I find will be posted here.

• [FONT=&quot]American Idol Karoke Revolution Wii 34.99 // $60-120[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Book Worms GBA 9.99 // $25-$30[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Devil Summoner PS2 14.99 // $20-25[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Documents of Metal Gear Solid 4.99 // 50[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Gamecube Broadband adapter 0.99 // $20-25[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Gamecube Component 4.99 // 80[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]ICO PS2 19.99 // $25-$35[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Jurrasic Park Operation Genesis PS2 39.99 // $30-$45[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Link's Crossbow Training Wii 2.99 // 10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Marble Mania Wii 29.99 // $35-40[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]NHL PSP 07 17.99 // $15-30[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]PS2 Network Adapter 14.99 // 50[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Street Fighter Collection xbox // $20-$30[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Ultimate Duck Hunt Wii 24.99 // $35-$45[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Wavebirds 17.99 // $20-$25/$60+[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Wii Sports 19.99 // $25-$35[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Wild Arms Alter Code 12.99 // $20-$35[/FONT]
All these prices on the right of the // are gamestops price and on the left of the // is selling price
[/quote]

It's a fluid market, most of that info is wrong and I would love to see the flips you come up with.

[quote name='ninja dog']it's still available for pre-order everywhere. seems like if it does sell out, it won't sell for a whole lot more than retail.[/QUOTE]
Hey, that information is for the flip groups only.

I would hardly consider Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis a flip when you buy it at Gamestop's inflated used price of $39.99.

bread's done
Back