Forza 4 or Forza Horizon

There's so little detail on Horizon that it's kind of scary. I don't even know what cars it comes with besides the few shown on the home page.

I have no doubt it'll be good (in fact, I preordered it at the Microsoft Store). But FM4 is awesome and totally worth it. Tons of cars. Great 60 fps racing. Tons of options. A nice improvement over FM3.

The only knock I have against Horizon is 30 fps racing. Otherwise, they're boasting extremely long draw distances, night time racing, off-roading, multiple pathways and more open world racing. The racing seems a bit sterile from the videos I've seen and from my hands-on at E3. I was hoping for more of a NFS or Burnout feeling. I hate EA but I love Turn10 so if I could get Burnout-style gaming from a non-EA source (that wouldn't turn off online multiplayer on a dime like EA does), that would make me ecstatic.

well, first impressions is that it was a very arcadey Forza. super easy to handle. very easy to drift. hard to get in trouble.

the graphics look simpler and lower res. the speed seemed great even though it was 30 fps. the cockpit was much simpler than Forza Motorsport 4. kind of like back to Gran Turismo level of cockpits.

The races were decent at first. But then I went to a Rivals challenge against a friend with the Mustangs... And man, I kept seeing my friend's ghost outrun me. How did she go so fast??? So I replayed that race over and over like 10 times til I finally beat her. Man, I was on a razor's edge with every turn trying to keep up and then trying to keep her off my tail. Every slight mistake, I had to restart because she had such a great run.

Man, my heart was pumping. Okay, as a single player game, I'm not sure if this is holding up, from early impressions, but the rivals mode is still great as always. Can't wait to try more and get into some real racing.

edit: alright put more time into Forza Horizon. I know they wanted a fun arcadey feeling. but is there no consequence to crashing? maybe because it's a demo and I need to change some settings for more realism. but even head on collisions don't really hurt you. the cars just bounce off you like bumper cars. I can see people getting uber aggressive in racing because damage doesn't matter.

I liked the arcadey driving, and the sensation of speed was great. The GPS Kinect feature was pretty nifty though I wish you could tag the destructible signs with the Kinect which was a missing feature. I just want some consequence for bumper car action. Otherwise, people are going to play demolition derby to jockey for position.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the physics is not the same as Forza 4? I thought they made a big deal about it having the same driving feel just on roads and highways not tracks. Or is there an option to change the physics/difficulty?

Was thinking about putting in a last minute preorder but first I learned no Porsche and now this, I may just not bother or at least wait until the game releases and more reviews/info comes out.

Owen Good of Kotaku has not been happy on Twitter with Horizon, so maybe look at Forza 4 since with the 1-disc only version coming with the systems the market will be flooded with cheaper copies soon.

I know IGN gets blasted by most everyone, but they loved it and said it should be viewed as a companion to Forza 4 more than anything else. I'm very excited and have the LE on preorder to go with my LE Forza 4.

I'm excited for Forza Horizon. I'm not going to treat it like I would Forza or GT, but rather how I would a game like Test Drive Unlimited.

I don't expect it to have a serious full on sim like atmosphere as FM4 is meant to have, but I did expect it to have FM4's physics. It is suppose to be a "casual enjoy driving and cars on the open road" game. The way they talked about it and me playing the demo has reafirmed it. I've been waiting for this kind of game for a long time. Still think in this day and age "arcade" is a copout. It's why I thought TDU failed. Realistic physic is more rewarding.

This game is like TDU + Burnout + DiRT w/FM4 physics.

bread's done
Back