Forza Motorsport 5 - Official CAG Thread - Xbox One

i had a question in here, what would you compare this game to and will i like it if i am into like burnout / nfs franchises?

i had a question in here, what would you compare this game to and will i like it if i am into like burnout / nfs franchises?
Forza Horizon are more like those games. The regular Forza series in general is more racing sim than racing action adventure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe but it's yeah pretty much way more simmy - although the use of assists could help.

I was tempted to grab the Lotus of Ferrari that were 3mil each with the 3mil I got from Forza Rewards. Instead I bought cars for nearly every other league. If I get through all of those some day, maybe I'll have enough cr to get the most expensive cars.

I think at this point I only need 6 or 7 more cars, too bad they'll cost over 10million in credits :/

Forza 5 Economy Update Introduces Cheaper Cars, Drag Racing

Basically you earn more money and get access to cars sooner.

Turn 10 Studios will release a Forza Motorsport 5 update this month -- as early as next week -- that adds Drag Racing and Tag multiplayer modes, in addition to a more balanced economy.

Car prices have been reduced significantly, with the on-disc cars reduced in price by 45%. So, the $6 million Ferrari 250 GTO you’ve been saving for is now a more accessible $2 million purchase. The rate at which racers earn money has more than doubled, as well. Turn 10 estimates Forza 5 players will be able to earn exotic cars in one-fifth of the time they earned them in Forza Motorsport 4.

“We based our economy largely on Forza Motorsport 4 data,” creative director Dan Greenawalt told IGN. That $6 million Ferrari? It cost $10 million in Forza 4.

“The earn rate [in Forza 5] should have been the same,” Greenawalt explained. Player patterns are different now, however, which meant racers were earning less. And so Turn 10 adapted based on telemetry. Based on that data, Turn 10 is "making updates pretty quickly and painlessly," and will continue to do so based on community feedback.

Wanted to share some of my designs...which aren't that great compared to some of the amazing ones out there, but I still think they're cool ;)

vhlj.jpg

McLaren P1: IRON MAN

8ahs.jpg

Lamborghini Aventador: IRON PATRIOT

i5hi.jpg

Chevy Camaro ZL1: BARRACUDA

n1x2.jpg

Nissan GT-R Black Edition: IRON MAN

uztm.jpg

Nissan GT-R Black Edition: Nightwing

They're all shared, you can search them by name, or by my gamertag: LinkinPrime

Wanted to share some of my designs...which aren't that great compared to some of the amazing ones out there, but I still think they're cool ;)

vhlj.jpg

McLaren P1: IRON MAN
Great job. Have you given any thought to applying the same design to the Audi R8?

ugh...XB1's are finally in stock around here, and I'm wanting one so badly...I have more faith in this, than I do DriveClub, and the only other game holding me back from picking up an XB1 is MLB 14...ugh.

Great job. Have you given any thought to applying the same design to the Audi R8?
Thank you. Funny you mention the R8, that's the car I initially envisioned with this design, but being that my first car was the GT-R and I started with that one, then I played around when I got the P1 and I thought i looked better. I don't currently own the R8, but I can definitely copy the design over, its pretty easy.

Thank you. Funny you mention the R8, that's the car I initially envisioned with this design, but being that my first car was the GT-R and I started with that one, then I played around when I got the P1 and I thought i looked better. I don't currently own the R8, but I can definitely copy the design over, its pretty easy.
Previous Forza titles let you save certain designs, is this the process with Forza Motorsport 5?

Previous Forza titles let you save certain designs, is this the process with Forza Motorsport 5?
Never played the other Forza titles, but it does let you group layers and save them, as well as share your designs not just your designed cars.

As for the Audi R8 I got it last night, and its not as easy to get the same style on there, so I'm trying something a little different. Once I finish it, I'll post it here.

Never played the other Forza titles, but it does let you group layers and save them, as well as share your designs not just your designed cars.

As for the Audi R8 I got it last night, and its not as easy to get the same style on there, so I'm trying something a little different. Once I finish it, I'll post it here.
You're the man. Looking forward to the finished product.

So the Audi canvas is a little off for some odd reason, there are some spots you can't add vinyl to which sucks, but this is the best I could do:

Its under: IRON MAN CLASSIC
ea8g.jpg

qgji.jpg

Technically, they were reversed to begin with:
Ironman_Classic_Armor_by_Lokoboys.jpg

I also couldn't do chrome/aluminum as the decals don't give the option to use those colors :/

If I painted the hood, it covered a huge chunk, like all the way to the tires so it looked weird.

So the Audi canvas is a little off for some odd reason, there are some spots you can't add vinyl to which sucks, but this is the best I could do:

Its under: IRON MAN CLASSIC
ea8g.jpg

qgji.jpg
Awesome job yet again. The rear looks fantastic. I like the P1 design better myself but that might have more to do with the fact that the P1 is a sexier car to begin with. Thanks for all the hard work and keep 'em coming.

P.S. What's the learning curve to pull off something like this?

Awesome job yet again. The rear looks fantastic. I like the P1 design better myself but that might have more to do with the fact that the P1 is a sexier car to begin with. Thanks for all the hard work and keep 'em coming.

P.S. What's the learning curve to pull off something like this?
Thank you, and I agree, the P1 is a lot sexier ;)

Learning curve is not that bad, just gotta get used to playing with layers. If you've done emblems in Black Ops games its basically the same with more options. If you have some experience with photoshop, you'll fit right in too.

Yeah I liked your original color scheme, P1 the best.
Agreed, just couldn't pull it off on this car :/

Yeah Destro, I shared them all.  Either search by name, or by my GT: LinkinPrime

I also have the Arc Reactor decal shared if you guys want to use it and create your own Iron Men cars ;)

I am looking for info on adapters that will enable use of 360 steering wheels with the Xbox one. Has anyone heard of something like this in the works? These $400 wheels are a joke!

[quote name="Dah-Dee" post="11418319" timestamp="1388897396"]I am looking for info on adapters that will enable use of 360 steering wheels with the Xbox one. Has anyone heard of something like this in the works? These $400 wheels are a joke![/quote]
Nothing works properly as of right now. There are adapters, but you will not have force feedback.

been watching reviews for this game I in general do not like racing games but most reviews say they have many tools in the game to make it easier to learn to play the game. Probably going to pick it up today from GS to try out if I end up liking it I will probably keep it.

Forza has always been a racing franchise that's pretty much built for anybody. There can be tons of assists on but if you play with all of them off or a good chunk, you'll be rewarded via extra xp and currency.

Well I started remembering to say Xbox Record that and messed around with the Upload Studio and voice over with the Kinect. Ahh, don't like that audio quality at all.

Racing's all about "That Perfect Turn". This is from Bathurst and yeah as you can see there was some contact and narrow track lol. Driving the car model I have in real life, the Hyundai Veloster Turbo.

http://1drv.ms/1gc6XCI

Also

It's always satisfying to shave off some seconds on your last lap but to move up in oh a few slots! in Forza 5 feels veeeeryy awesome. I checked out the latest patch & the cars that are unlocked are pretty sweet. I still can't afford any of the high tier ones but I'm still having fun in the hatchback category haha.

Hoping somebody here can help...

I got a Day One Forza DLC cars code last fall from a buddy and redeemed it online on my MS account, but I didnt have an X1 yet.  Just got the game itself today in from Gamefly and I cant find anywhere that says I redeemed the code or a place to download it on the X1 itself.  Anybody have experience with this and can help?

Is there a 'Download History' option on the Xbox One?  I only have a 360, but if you go to Account Information (or Account Settings), there is a download history option which you can select to re-download things. 

If you can't find this on the Xbox One, it should be on the Xbox.com site under your account.  Try selecting it from there, scroll through your history for this item and select it to download there.  You may have to assign the console to your account too.

Is there a 'Download History' option on the Xbox One? I only have a 360, but if you go to Account Information (or Account Settings), there is a download history option which you can select to re-download things.

If you can't find this on the Xbox One, it should be on the Xbox.com site under your account. Try selecting it from there, scroll through your history for this item and select it to download there. You may have to assign the console to your account too.
Thanks. Was able to find a "download history" online (boy was it hidden though) but it comes up as "Unknown Title" with no way to download it now :( Ugh...

Thanks. Was able to find a "download history" online (boy was it hidden though) but it comes up as "Unknown Title" with no way to download it now :( Ugh...
I've seen these three links with similar comments. They seem to have had success getting the content these ways;

1. http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4271/t/1680173.aspx

2. http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4271/t/1626115.aspx

3. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/view-downloadable-content

bread's done
Back