Forza Motorsport 5 - Official CAG Thread - Xbox One

Didn't realize you had to unlock the Hospital Records radio channel.

Slowly putting time into both this and Destiny so I will be set for a while while i enjoy both of them.

So for my next car I have it down to two choices. The Venom or the Bugatti Veyron.

I know the Venom is 700 grand cheaper, but I think the Veyron looks cooler and has better acceleration and starting speeds. Then again the Venom is a small bit faster and is cheaper.

Any thoughts for people who have one or the other?

Based on what I've read online I would recommend the Veneno or P1(you get as a gift when you hit Tier6). They both offer better handling. Afterall, you spend very little time racing in a straight line.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so getting the game but I've got a huge backlog and years of experience watching the fall release games hit dirt cheap during BF so I'm gonna wait.
Well I picked it up with Target's B2G1F deal and am really enjoying it. I just drove the classic 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO along the beautiful Italian coast with classical music, wow I had goosebumps.

My favorite radio station is Pulse, feels like Alt Nation on SiriusXM.

I like how this game has the fundamental 3D engine from Forza 5 but it feels more like a NFSU game with some neat assists to tweak as well. I had changed steering to simulation but then put it back to normal as it seems that's the way to play it.

A year or so later than planned, after making an impulse buy of the ps4 instead, I managed to pick up a One, along with FM5 and Horizon 2, feel free to add me if anyone is up for racing/cruising...gamertag is the same as my username on here.. :)

I didn't mind the loading screens in FM5 so much but they are static, fairly boring when you compare it with FH2's GRID like stats loading screen. At least you've got something to look at lol.

Just scored a 200k Bentley last night off a wheel spin. I was very happy about that one.
BTW did you have the It's a Lottery perk? I was going to invest in that but I went with the Bargain Hunter instead.

Score, I just spun a Lexis LFA!

So I just got my One and got this up and loaded and have raced some.  Before I upset anyone, I need to ask - Forza 5 or Horizon 2?  Personal opinions please.

Either or really, can't go wrong with either Forza Horizons 2 or Forza Motorsport 5. The first is open world arcade racing along with sim physics, since it used 5's base engine. In Forza Motorsport 5 it is more sim racing emphasis on certain tracks and cars.

Ok I just got the Hori Racing wheel for my One and both games are immensely satisying with the wheel. It takes some getting used to though with some of the cars that like to fish tale lol but overall you can get precision racing.

Just beat the final race in Fast and Furious.

I had a good time overall and used the McLaren P1 as much as I could. I did notice that Tej had a lot of recycled lines and that the cockpit view in the Jeep is disorienting since the car is so high off the ground.

Not only is "Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious" out today, but it's actually a standalone expansion and not just an add-on!
Yeah and the standalone game is free till April 10th. Do Xbox One version: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Forza-Horizon-2-Presents-Fast-Furious-Digital-Edition/11b80a28-3685-4001-8167-6dee21569598

360 version: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Forza-Horizon-2-Presents-Fast-Furious/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530ab5

So I was able to buy a new copy of FM5 LE at a reasonable price, & I wonder if anyone has some tips for a beginner with no racing sim experience. I've played racing missions, & Mario Kart, but no actual racing games. I've played the demo of FH2 twice, & I realized that it'll take me some work to get used to the game. Any tips will be appreciated. I will also search for beginner guides online as well.

So I was able to buy a new copy of FM5 LE at a reasonable price, & I wonder if anyone has some tips for a beginner with no racing sim experience. I've played racing missions, & Mario Kart, but no actual racing games. I've played the demo of FH2 twice, & I realized that it'll take me some work to get used to the game. Any tips will be appreciated. I will also search for beginner guides online as well.
The game tells you this as you first play, but you actually decide most of the difficulty of the Forza games. You can turn assists on or off, which may help. The more assists you have on to make races easier the less you gain from races. Some assists can be annoying, like auto braking, but as you become more comfortable with cars, turning, passing and drafting you can eliminate or lower the level of assists you want to use. There's nothing wrong with using all, most, few or none of the assists, as the game is about 'enjoying the drive.'

Make sure you join Forza Rewards for the free cars and credits you'll gain. The rewards will really help with unlocking cars and upgrading them if needed, as well as more races and cars required for them.

The game tells you this as you first play, but you actually decide most of the difficulty of the Forza games. You can turn assists on or off, which may help. The more assists you have on to make races easier the less you gain from races. Some assists can be annoying, like auto braking, but as you become more comfortable with cars, turning, passing and drafting you can eliminate or lower the level of assists you want to use. There's nothing wrong with using all, most, few or none of the assists, as the game is about 'enjoying the drive.'

Make sure you join Forza Rewards for the free cars and credits you'll gain. The rewards will really help with unlocking cars and upgrading them if needed, as well as more races and cars required for them.
Yeah, I was reading a beginner's guide last night that went into detail about all that. I'll definitely read up more guides. I linked up my GT to Forza Rewards, so once I get a chance to play, it'll already be set up. I'll probably look into getting FH2 as well. Maybe the ultimate bundle.

bread's done
Back