Forza Motorsport 5 - Official CAG Thread - Xbox One

Hi Cag-ers!  My son just got his Xbox One a couple days ago for his birthday.  He wants to get Forza 5 after having all the others on the 360 and I'm wondering what's the best bang for the buck in terms of getting the game and covering most of the DLC that's currently available.

Is the Forza 5 Limited edition which I can get for $60 the best path for getting him most if not all of the available DLC?

Thanks,

Dakrzone

It gets you a few cars but nothing close to all the DLC they offer. I haven't been tempted to buy a bunch of DLC but I'm a pretty casual Forza player.

Same, DLC in Forza titles have never been a huge draw for me so I just stick with the regular game, although I did get the LE of Forza 3, got a good deal from Gamestop online, back in the day.

Made a vid of the C63 AMG.

http://1drv.ms/1lzPbyG

So is the FM5 Limited DLC at $60 a decent price? My son loves the franchise and is a car enthusiast and will spend a lot of time playing this title. So I was wanting maximize my purchasing of DLC.

Does anyone know of a link where they offer a good breakdown of the DLC offerings for FM5? I've seen a few sites but am not clear on the breakdown.

Thanks!

Long Beach comes to Forza 5 free, available now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oaR-16oAbfQ

Very cool, love this track and raced on it many times in GRID.

Lol, I didn't do anything, just started up the game and played the new track because my Xbox One downloaded the update in the background as Forza 5 was the last game I played. Hotness :D/

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't need to go through One Drive anymore, hurrah! Now you can upload straight to Youtube via the App.

http://youtu.be/3tVIsNk4VRI

1319997.jpg

Achievement unlocked, Apex Ace: Earn 300 perfect Turn scores, god that feels good. Just bought the Mercedes SLR, what a beast. I wanted to drive one of the Lambos, 740 I think, but didn't quite have the CRs.

Hopped on the other day and received the VW Golf R Mk6 as gift from Turn 10. I modified it to be competitive for Class S racing and hahah I'm beating Ageras and Zondas with this car. Then all of a sudden though, this happens, not cool bro, not cool. I actually gained it back but couldn't retake you Brother Daz on the straight before the finish.

http://youtu.be/i2dPs4At7do

Any race I play it's always against spy and he always beats me with his windwaker car. Just got this from gamefly so still in c level races

Check out @gameinformer's Tweet: https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/469972585703555072

Free cars to the paying fans, cool deal.

Nurburgring is Available NOW as a free update. Just raced it, it's amazingly photorealistic. The Nurburgring track was the biggest thing people said this game needed and now it's got it.

[quote name="David Hibiki" post="11828385" timestamp="1402360540"]Free is good, but I'm really tempted to trade this game towards credit for Forza Horizon. Am I the only one?[/quote]

Sim vs arcade. Not exactly the same games.

I'm disappointed that Horizon 2 is only going to have 200 cars this time. I thought the guys at Forza had started acknowledging how people were annoyed with the changes from Forza 4 to Forza 5. Guess not. I loved Horizon and though with all the criticism about 5, they'd be more aware of including more cars.

I'm disappointed that Horizon 2 is only going to have 200 cars this time. I thought the guys at Forza had started acknowledging how people were annoyed with the changes from Forza 4 to Forza 5. Guess not. I loved Horizon and though with all the criticism about 5, they'd be more aware of including more cars.
I know 200 cars seems disappointing but not a single next gen racing game (Drive Club, Need For Speed, Crew) has more than 50 cars.

Driving a Lambo Gallarado LP570 on the Nurburgring passing eveybody, the ultimate car enthusiast's dreams.

OMG I finally got the P1, saved all those pennies lol, and raced my Rival on the Nurburgring track. (Forgive the idle part, I was snapping GameDVR to record the last 5 mins.)
Forza Motorsport 5 McLaren P1 Nurburgring Rivals …: http://youtu.be/WEdVHVhWEQc
And results
Forza Motorsport 5 McLaren P1 Nurburgring Rivals …: http://youtu.be/TZx8dZc2Cos
What a sick Halo 5: Guardians livery, the Forza community never ceases to impress.

Great clip Spy! Watching you play makes me want to buy this again even though I know I should just hold out for Horizon 2.

And on that note it's stunning looking at the difference between Forza 5 and Horizon 2. Compare Spy's video to this gif courtesy of Reddit.

http://i.minus.com/iKUiGYSp6oWY3.gif
FH2 is absolutely gorgeous but it only runs at 30FPS. That said, FH2 looking that good bodes well for Forza6. Also, keep an eye out for Project Cars as that game looks gorgeous as well.

Thanks but yeah it def helps when you have rain and all shiny surfaces. Its gonna be good to have dynamic weather, reading some more E3 previews it sounds great.

Edit: Well looks like I'm getting Forza Horizons, with some credit on my Microsoft account, ended up being a steal.

Update: My god I'm in love with this game and I downloaded the free 1000 Club Challenge DLC, adding yet another layer of objectives to strive for. I'm really liking this soundtrack too, makes me want to know the set list for Forza Horizons 2 as much as the car list haha.

Really contemplating the Rally DLC, thought I got my fix with the DiRT games but I'm really digging Horizons, not enough to get the SP though.

FH2 is absolutely gorgeous but it only runs at 30FPS
Does this REALLY bother people? If the game plays well and is gorgeous I don't see the problem. The X1 has weaker hardware so you can only expect much. Obviously playground felt doing 30fps was better for graphical fidelity.

"Man, Halo sucks! It only runs at 30 fps :(".*

*Funny enough the anniversary will run everything at 60fps, and Halo 5 will run at 60fps.

Horizons was a pretty fun game. Wish I could say the same for Forza 5. I was super pumped for this when it came out and really didn't care for it much. FH2 looks great and I will be picking it up.

Does this REALLY bother people? If the game plays well and is gorgeous I don't see the problem. The X1 has weaker hardware so you can only expect much. Obviously playground felt doing 30fps was better for graphical fidelity.

"Man, Halo sucks! It only runs at 30 fps :(".*

*Funny enough the anniversary will run everything at 60fps, and Halo 5 will run at 60fps.
The fact was the studios couldn't hit 60 FPS because performance of the GPU was locked to the Kinect. Now that studios can utilize the whole system they're more and more devs hitting the 60FPS mark. It also has to do with the developers themselves or the game. The latest Wolfenstein game hit that mark but it's using id Tech 5's superior engine plus it's not a vast open world like say Assassin's Creed: Unity. The thing for this game, they're going for high fidelity visuals with the dynamic weather, physics and open world setting/systems in play.

Despite the comparisons its had to Drive Club the game really does look pretty damn gorgeous.

Still not 100% sure I'll be getting it though, I'm trying to conserve my Xbox Credit to pick up all the games I want this year so the only way I'll end up getting this is if Shadows of Mordor is reviewed horribly (And I hope it isn't!).

FH2 demo came out yesterday. Make sure to check it out. You won't be dissappointed.

ibljFrFT2GCsKr.gif

iePX4QqqUApqA.gif

If you are a VIP in Forza 5, you can get $10 off the digital version of either the Deluxe or Ultimate package for FH2.  The price should automatically adjust once you go into the store while signed in under your VIP profile.

I am probably more excited for FH2 than any other game this year right now. Can't wait to play the demo once it's done downloading.
Downloading the demo now, it's a hefty 10.42 GB.

If you are a VIP in Forza 5, you can get $10 off the digital version of either the Deluxe or Ultimate package for FH2. The price should automatically adjust once you go into the store while signed in under your VIP profile.
Thanks for this, I noticed that I had a $10 discount. However, I think I may either go the Best Buy or Microsoft Store route for the $10 XBL code.

Tried the demo, didn't do the whole demo but played two races.

I am not going to say this is my favorite racing game ever based on a demo, but wow this game is great. I think it probably will become my favorite racing game. The drivatar system is amazing, and I just love how you can dial in the difficulty like Forza 5 so it's exactly as challenging as you like it.

My only problem is there is too many fuck ing trees and going at whatever insane speed, it's a bitch to miss. Then again I am sure that can be corrected once I get into the actual game and learn the cars.

Loved the intro sequence and did the available races.

They will have a radio station dedicated solely to Hospital Records which I first discovered through Jeff Gerstmann and I have always loved their music.

Debating which version to get, but I may be leaning towards a physical copy.

Loved the intro sequence and did the available races.

They will have a radio station dedicated solely to Hospital Records which I first discovered through Jeff Gerstmann and I have always loved their music.

Debating which version to get, but I may be leaning towards a physical copy.
If you preorder a physical copy on the Microsoft Store, $10 xbox credit and release day shipping if you get in by 9/26.

I was planning to wait for sub $25 on this (like I did with Forza 5 and Horizon) but the early demo impressions are tempting me to buy at release.

Just got my copy at Target on my lunch break. It worked out wonderfully because I got Diablo 3 with it for the 30% off and I had giftcards from the PvZ GW deal.

Can't wait to play this once I get home.

I'm so getting the game but I've got a huge backlog and years of experience watching the fall release games hit dirt cheap during BF so I'm gonna wait.

Had some time with Horizon 2. While I can't say right away this is the greatest racing game I have ever played, it's close.

It's not totally an arcade racer but it has enough arcade elements to make it feel great. Also I love how they throw tons of cash at you so you can buy whatever the hell you want. I also appreciate no matter how shitty the car is, it's still competitive. I do not appreciate the music though (the stations are fine), more specifically the fact that I am driving a souped up Ford F150 and I can only blast the Horizon Stations, lol.

Gonna be here a long while.

Had some time with Horizon 2. While I can't say right away this is the greatest racing game I have ever played, it's close.

It's not totally an arcade racer but it has enough arcade elements to make it feel great. Also I love how they throw tons of cash at you so you can buy whatever the hell you want. I also appreciate no matter how shitty the car is, it's still competitive. I do not appreciate the music though (the stations are fine), more specifically the fact that I am driving a souped up Ford F150 and I can only blast the Horizon Stations, lol.

Gonna be here a long while.
It's a perfect mix of a semi-sim with the ease of arcade racer. They do just throw cash at you and I love the wheel spins. I agree with you about the cars. It's actually nice not to worry about class, especially from what I've seen it's not cheap compared to 5 when you want to do auto upgrade. The variety of stations is nice, especially as you open more up as you discover new places. The music overall isn't as good as the first one was but I was driving my 1977 Firebird and the motor was so loud I could barely hear the radio especially in cockpit mode. My only complaint is the story feels forced. I'd like more freedom in finishing championships before moving on to the next area.

I am assuming after you complete the story you can just do what you want open world style?

If so I will rush through the story to just unlock the open world part.

bread's done
Back