Forza!

Another thing I will add, we should really make better use of the CAG motorclub. Also, there are settings that will make it much more agreeable to the bulk of us. (I too despise some suicidal maniac taking me out in a corner because he cant drive) Id like to organize a meet this weekend. All interested post in the Motorclub thread. Suggested times welcome.

[quote name='Scorch']I love PGR2, I love Burnout 3, I love Midnight Club 3.. I hate this game. I hate it. I absolutely loathe it. Why? Mainly because I suck at it. I can't even do the first track without going into the dirt or hitting another car. What someone said was true, "If you hit another car, forget about it". fucking game.[/QUOTE]

Do you use the racing lines? I recommend using the line, if only for the first time you race a track...until you memorize the track, its going to be hard. It tells you exactly when and how much to slow down.

With my TT, even when I was sliding, I wasn't out of control. And yes, when you get bumped, you can lose control. But on default settings (with the exception of damage being set one level higher to "simulation") I've done 5 races and come in 1st in all 5. So far, the game is amazing for me.

Use the racing line.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I just picked it up at Best Buy, I'm reading the manual and will be playing it shortly.[/QUOTE]

how much did you get it for?

[quote name='CDOG']how much did you get it for?[/QUOTE]

I think the GameRush deal (Trade 2, Get any new game for $29.99, plus credit) is still the way to go.

I traded in NBA Street Vol 3 ($30) and Cabela's Dangerous Hunts ($8) to buy Forza, and still had an extra $5 to go towards a pre-owned Lone Gunmen DVD set.

i hate sim games but this is a great game, i have to admit it, at first i was sucking, then i realize would i go into a turn at 70 mph in real life? then i started driving like i would in real life and now i get 1st and 2nd most the time, i rented this game but when it hits 20$ in a year or so i'm definitely getting it

this game is much better than GT3 since i havent played 4 yet, mostly cuz the xbox controller is the best for driving games, this game is great 9 of out 10, first racing sim i've enjoyed in a long time, and no damn liscense exams

Anyone have hints on the class B and C races? I can't seem to keep a car in those classes that is competitive. I tend to supe my cars up WAY out of the lowest classes.

I sent Lego Star Wars back to GameFly, and I have Forza ranked #1 in my GameQ. I have a feeling I'll end up hating the gameplay if it's that hard and realistic, but I owe it to myself to give the game a shot. Besides, as an artist and an obsessive compulsive detail freak, I should enjoy the customization. Those pics of the FFX car, Nintendo and Zelda cars, etc. are very inspiring.

[quote name='Daz9402']Anyone have hints on the class B and C races? I can't seem to keep a car in those classes that is competitive. I tend to supe my cars up WAY out of the lowest classes.[/QUOTE]

Dude i have the same problem... seems like classes B and C requires fine tuning of your car...

To anyone who passed those classes yet - can you tell us what car you used?

thanks,

[quote name='METH']Dude i have the same problem... seems like classes B and C requires fine tuning of your car...

thanks,[/QUOTE]
I have five S2 cars if thats what you mean, my bentley, my miata, my golf, my integra, my other miata. I dont know what your asking in regards to, but i seem to kill the competition, by at least 40 seconds

[quote name='Ozzkev55']I have five S2 cars if thats what you mean, my bentley, my miata, my golf, my integra, my other miata. I dont know what your asking in regards to, but i seem to kill the competition, by at least 40 seconds[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the B and C classes in the restrictions races.

[quote name='METH']Dude i have the same problem... seems like classes B and C requires fine tuning of your car...

thanks,[/QUOTE]

Skill :lol:

Ok ok, that joke was too funny it had to get its own post. Now to the serious answer.

C class is a bear. I would say of all the classes, making a C1 is by far the hardest. Soooo many of the C cars become B's with barely any upgrades. All you can do is mess around until you find a combo that works.

B I felt was ok compared to C. Guess its YMMV due to the car. The trick is to find a car suited to the tracks (turns = high ACC, straights = speed) or tune the one you like for them.

The restricted versions require learning and practicing the track alot. Also, look at the top cars on the grid. Those are the "best" you seek. (the top is usually what you WIN, the rest can usually be bought)

Already passed the C and B cups with golds in the Championship races. I'll post what cars I used, but for the C, I think it was the Aerogear Integra. I've hit kind of a wall though trying to clear to level 35. Just doing a few endurance races to save up money in case I have to buy better cars to compete with.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Skill :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thanks... :p
i have to admit that i was kinda expecting that one ...haha

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I've hit kind of a wall though trying to clear to level 35.[/QUOTE]

As I struggle for my 15 I think to myself, "I hate Philbin and all his racing skill."

[quote name='JimmieMac']As I struggle for my 15 I think to myself, "I hate Philbin and all his racing skill."[/QUOTE]

haha between jebus and philbin, we never hit 1st

[quote name='zewone']I just payed for the game, will be here in 5-10 days.

Prepare to get your ass handed to you. :D[/QUOTE]

There are no low riders, nor are there any riding lawn mowers, I'm afraid you'll be with the rest of the Obi Wan Jabronies, at the back of the line, wishin' you were in first.

bitch.

[quote name='JimmieMac']There are no low riders, nor are there any riding lawn mowers, I'm afraid you'll be with the rest of the Obi Wan Jabronies, at the back of the line, wishin' you were in first.

bitch.[/QUOTE]

fuck you bitch, this ain't no Halo 2 were you can ride on my coattails. You got to fend for your self and papa plays to win.

Is it just me or we don't get to see other people's designs (decals-customize paint-body kits) when racing on xbox live?

I thought this was suppose to be a part of the game...It was a brillant idea.

[quote name='METH']Is it just me or we don't get to see other people's designs (decals-customize paint-body kits) when racing on xbox live?

[/QUOTE]

You do get to see their customizations online.

The host has to wait for the customizations to load, otherwise they won't show up. So if you've been having impatient hosts, that could explain why.

[quote name='Robobandit']The host has to wait for the customizations to load, otherwise they won't show up. So if you've been having impatient hosts, that could explain why.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, for the info,

I'm glad to hear that, i was kinda disapointed if this feature didn't make it to the game.

damnit, i hope ill get to play forza soon, ive been temporarily cut off from it, and the last week has been forza free, but ill be on soon.

by the way anyone here get a top 100 score, i know MSBphilin did, but anyone else, feel free to brag

[quote name='Ozzkev55']by the way anyone here get a top 100 score, i know MSBphilin did, but anyone else, feel free to brag[/QUOTE]
I think I broke into the top 50 on some track in some race. Or it could just be my imagination. That fucking Corvette race to win the Lingenfelter is kicking my ass. Any suggestions?

[quote name='el bobo']I will have to pick this up this weekend if I can find it for $40.[/QUOTE]

On Tuesday, I got it for around $30 at BB... PM Fry's $34.99 ad and got the 10% difference too.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']by the way anyone here get a top 100 score, i know MSBphilin did, but anyone else, feel free to brag[/QUOTE]

I got #666 on one of the first Mustang races.

Heh.

[quote name='Matt Young']Is anyone planning on creating a custom CAGmobile? Then again, they don't have station wagons in the game, I'm guessing.[/QUOTE]
Ill make one up tomorrow, it will be cag worthy to say the least

[quote name='THe VGM']I've heard people say this game is so realistic that its no fun. Is this true?[/QUOTE]
no not at all, plenty of fun, i can garuntee you enjoyment out of this, it doesnt feel like a training sim. at all

[quote name='THe VGM']I've heard people say this game is so realistic that its no fun. Is this true?[/QUOTE]

I think you're confusing it with Gran Turismo.

I definately thought that Gran Turismo 3 was basically no fun. The Rally Races were kinda sorta fun, but as somone who doesn't want to spend hours tweaking his car to shave that .004 second off my total time, I lost patience with the game. While I apprecaite the ability to add turbos and better shocks and brakes, there reaches a point (Camber Angles and ride height, for example) where I just lose interest.

Given that I'm more of a PGR kinda guy and less of a "Racing SIM" kinda guy, which of these two titles is more appropriate?

Like I said I have owned GT3 since it came out...put about 20 hours into it, and eventually grew bored.

here's an important question: I know that playing GT3 from BEHIND the car was next to impossible (your car always blocked the road ahead). Can you play GT4 or Forza from the behind-the-car view and still race decently?

GT3's angle was so low behind the car I spent ever race looking at the same two analog gauges...bleh!

[quote name='HeadRusch']
here's an important question: I know that playing GT3 from BEHIND the car was next to impossible (your car always blocked the road ahead). Can you play GT4 or Forza from the behind-the-car view and still race decently?

GT3's angle was so low behind the car I spent ever race looking at the same two analog gauges...bleh![/QUOTE]

There are two behind the car views - the higher of the two works great and is the one I use the most.

We're talkin Forza here, right? not GT4...I imagine GT4 still has the same awful too-low-behind-the-car view..?

Please don't listen to Kevin Perrera on G4 ;)

[quote name='METH']Please don't listen to Kevin Perrera on G4 ;)[/QUOTE]

I don't watch G4..... The only time I might is for the E3 coverage.

GT3 was fun.....because I had an Infinite money cheat. GT4 I rented and after letting it sit for 3-5 days, I put it in, did an A level licence test, couldn't pull a braking turn because the turning was so out of whack (for a game), and then I took it back.

I'll rent Forza and give it a try. Thanks guys.

[quote name='HeadRusch']
Given that I'm more of a PGR kinda guy and less of a "Racing SIM" kinda guy, which of these two titles is more appropriate?
[/QUOTE]

Not to sound jerkish but... neither. Forza and GT4 are both trying to accomplish the same thing, offer a realistic driving simulation. If your not into that sort of thing, neither will keep your long term interest.Look at it this way, if you hate carbonation, whether coke or pepsi is better really doesnt matter. Same thing here.

If I were you, Id go get MClub Dub Edition. You ll be happier long term I think.

[quote name='Matt Young']Is anyone planning on creating a custom CAGmobile? Then again, they don't have station wagons in the game, I'm guessing.[/QUOTE]

I actually had that idea but so little trading has gone on I abandoned it. It would be pretty badass if somebody with some skill (meaning NOT me) did something decent and CAG-centric. Then we could pass it amongst ourselves until we have a whole fleet of them. Then we could run them all at once. Thatd be cool

As far as the model, I suggest something in either the D or B classes. Anything higher is rediculous and C class leaves much to be desired.

[quote name='Matt Young']Supa, did your copy arrive yet? I'm guessing "yes" since you haven't posted for alittle while...[/QUOTE]

Haha. How dare you insinuate I would ignore my CAG bretherin when my copy of Forza arrives. Youre damn right of course, but I still can be insulted. :p

And no, not yet. ;-)

Who are you trying to fool? We all know you want a big ol 80s van with a waterbed in the back and a "bitchin' mural" on the side. :lol:

I can give the CAG mobile a try. I need a break from Career racing anyway. Any suggestions for specific cars and graphics? The only one I've really put much into is a 350Z with a fireball/re-entry effect. It's not great, but I like it.

Are all races limited to only winning the prize car only once or are there any races that let you win the prize car again? I just need a way to earn some money so I can buy a few cars to paint.

And anyone suggest any events that give good money on fairly short simple tracks? I actually don't mind the Endurance C class race (the one that's on NY Circuit Short), but it takes nearly half an hour to do it. Worth nearly 200,000 Credits though with the car and difficulty bonus.

!!!!Lingenfelter Corvette race is kicking my ass (well, I'm coming in second in all of 'em). Anyone have a good car or setup? I saved up money by running a whole bunch of the endurance races to upgrade a Z06 and it's no good. The Lingenfelter cuts through the corners far too well. Are the AI cars running with STM and TCS? I have them all off, but there's no way that thing sticks to the road as it does. And turning them back on messes me up too much with the throttle response and everything. I just want to clear the Pro races before I move further on.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']!!!!Lingenfelter Corvette race is kicking my ass (well, I'm coming in second in all of 'em). Anyone have a good car or setup? I saved up money by running a whole bunch of the endurance races to upgrade a Z06 and it's no good. The Lingenfelter cuts through the corners far too well. Are the AI cars running with STM and TCS? I have them all off, but there's no way that thing sticks to the road as it does. And turning them back on messes me up too much with the throttle response and everything. I just want to clear the Pro races before I move further on.[/QUOTE]
download the record time setup, and completely pimp out the car that is used for the top time

bread's done
Back