Forza!

[quote name='Ozzkev55']download the record time setup, and completely pimp out the car that is used for the top time[/QUOTE]

I would highly suggest against that unless you are able to break down his settings to your own driving. A lot of the leaders either

A) Have very unusually driving styles so their setups are quite odd.

B) Cheat like hell so their setups are worthless.

Personally, Id just tune tune tune until you are able to keep up. DONT turn on STM or TCM if you dont need them.

Keep in mind, just because its in the pro area doesnt mean its a pro race. There are many Pro races that I destroy yet many amateurs that give me a better run for my money.

[quote name='supadupacheap']I would highly suggest against that unless you are able to break down his settings to your own driving. A lot of the leaders either

A) Have very unusually driving styles so their setups are quite odd.

B) Cheat like hell so their setups are worthless.

Personally, Id just tune tune tune until you are able to keep up. DONT turn on STM or TCM if you dont need them.

Keep in mind, just because its in the pro area doesnt mean its a pro race. There are many Pro races that I destroy yet many amateurs that give me a better run for my money.[/QUOTE]
Interesting...Thanks alot supa :)

God.. what has this site done to me..

Cheapy, I loathe you! After my anti-Forza rant, what do I do? That's right, I pick it up with store credit..

Damn. Oh well. I hope I get better (both in the game and from this game sickness!).

I caved in to the pressure on IGN boards.. I love the game, but I'm not all that great at it. For reference, the GT 4 demo was enough to turn me off of that game completely.. and I generally don't even like racing games.. but there's something about this one that I like.. probably the custom soundtracks even in the menus :D

[quote name='Scorch']God.. what has this site done to me..

Cheapy, I loathe you! After my anti-Forza rant, what do I do? That's right, I pick it up with store credit..

Damn. Oh well. I hope I get better (both in the game and from this game sickness!).[/QUOTE]

I would like some of the blame for this. Ive been soapboxing this game more than anybody and I think Im gonna start dropping some "I told you so s"

When do you usually play supa? Haven't caught you online yet. We've had some pretty good races in.

Anyway, could you guys list some recognizable paint schemes for cars? I'm trying to come up with a list of car paint schemes to recreate. Starting off with something simple, but I'd like to make my way up to whatever you can come up with.

I only have two customized cars so far. One was Herbie and the other a 350Z that I call "Fireball". Wanted it to look like a spacecraft re-entering orbit.

I just need some ideas.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']When do you usually play supa? Haven't caught you online yet. We've had some pretty good races in.

Anyway, could you guys list some recognizable paint schemes for cars? I'm trying to come up with a list of car paint schemes to recreate. Starting off with something simple, but I'd like to make my way up to whatever you can come up with.

I only have two customized cars so far. One was Herbie and the other a 350Z that I call "Fireball". Wanted it to look like a spacecraft re-entering orbit.

I just need some ideas.[/QUOTE]
try for something orginal, and artlike

I'll get to that sometime. That CAG mobile needs work. I saw a Buick Regal in there that seems perfect for CAGs, but I can't bear to put so much time into such a crappy looking car.

Theres a Buick Regal? A T-Type or a Grand National!?? Cuz I can't imagine taking a stock V6 Buick Regal around a track for any length of time :D

(Having Owned One...)

All I gotta say is it better be a CHEAP ASS CAR. There is no way it should be anything even close to expensive.

And a Buick Regal? Oh dear lord no.

My suggestions:
  • Fun to drive - It shouldnt handle like a boat or else our races will get old fast.
  • Sporty - It doesnt have to be super looking but I dont want an ugly car either
  • AWD or FFWD - AWD is the easiest to drive for most but the selection of sub 30K AWD didnt look promising. FFWD being the next easiest, I think we should look there.
  • NO DAMN CRX - Im tired tired tired of those mother fuck ers

Id also like to add I think region shouldnt matter. Pick the car that works best for everybody, not the fanboy favorites. Im liking the RSX for the following reasons.

Lots of design space (although the sunroof kills the roof part :whistle2:()

I find it quite an enjoyable drive.

Cheap.

FFWD so easy to learn.

Useful in career (it can go far if you want to with it)

And this is a personal opinion, a fleet of them would look pretty badass vs. a fleet of many of the other offerings.

Anyway, my 2cents, take from it whatever you will. Not me doing all the design work so its not my place to start making demands.

Mike

As far as ideas, all I can suggest is we follow the CAG color scheme. Black and green. I actually think its a damn find combination and works well in game. (I liked it)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']When do you usually play supa? Haven't caught you online yet. We've had some pretty good races in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, last few days have been odd for me. I broke my foot (ok, toe :oops: ) and while you think this would mean MORE Forza, its actually been the opposite. The pain is killer at times and sleep is a chore (Im a toss and turner and seem to bang my foot which instantly wakes me up) So, Ive kinda zombied through the week and I keep off live since its really embarrassing the way Im driving.

I should sleep ok tonight and plan on being on a lot tomorrow. I saw some of the clan is getting out of striking distance for me and I just cant stand for that, broken bones or not. :lol:

[quote name='supadupacheap']As far as ideas, all I can suggest is we follow the CAG color scheme. Black and green. I actually think its a damn find combination and works well in game. (I liked it)[/QUOTE]
i made a cag car, its a green car, black hood, clan emblem on front, CAG letters on back, checkered sides. ill show yous guys after i get back from "HGTTG"

I've FINALLY weened myself off the racing line, 20 or so races later. Its a good thing too...this game's physics are so spot on that you can really acquire a FEEL for the cars and tracks, as opposed to being overly depended on aids.

Good times. I love this game. A lot.

Made an RSX CAG car. B-Class so maybe you guys will see it when you hop online.

They really need to have letters. Hopefully that can be something downloadable.

Just spent nearly two hours on a car I call, "You're roast." You'll have to get out front and look back in a race to see what that's all about.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Yes i do, i love realism, we should plan a CAG car meetup, to show off our CAGmobiles, mine is a real winner, but i want to see what philin can dish up[/QUOTE]
Right now, it's nothing special. I gotta work on the lettering which is proving to be much harder given the bottom layer I have laid out. I'm gonna work on it some more this afternoon.

I've started a very simply CAG car I plan on adding to as time goes on. I'm happy with how the "CAG" turned out:

cagcar2.jpg

cagcar1.jpg

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I've started a very simply CAG car I plan on adding to as time goes on. I'm happy with how the "CAG" turned out:[/QUOTE]

:applause: :applause: :applause:

But why oh why an NSX instead of an RSX. Like I really needed another car to have to learn how to drive well right now. :lol:

I must say the car is striking. I would certainly be proud to own it. Im not too crazy about the half rings under the CAG logo but its personal taste Im sure (as I hate the Rockets logo that does that) The CAG logo itself is top shelf and MUST be in the final design (or Ill boot ya out the club :p)

*Edit* Ok, maybe the rings arent so bad but they are so large they distract from the incredibly excellent CAG logo. Maybe thin them out or do an overlap of the roof color to slim line them. I dunno.

A few other thoughts (feel free to ignore them as I have no talent so my artistic critiques are mostly BS :lol: )

You might consider doing something more with the front. Seems an ocean of green there. Dont go ape with it (I love how you have a clean design so far) but maybe a little something just to break up all that green.

Love the coloring. WAY better than my black (mostly) idea.

The color sweep from the spoiler was an excellent touch as well.

Is that tinted glass? May consider full black on it just because we have quite a few ugly CAGers and they can use that as a distraction :p

All in all, most excellent. Dont like the car choice but Im biased against the NSX as all hell. (since I fear most of you monkies wont be able to keep yours on the road and off my ass :bomb: Haha.)

Again, :applause:
I look forward to aquiring one soon. :D

Mike

I was just in a race. Single Lap on test oval. I won and got like 500,000 credits. I dont know how the hell it happened but after a few races with these guys I have over 3 mil creds and went from level 31 to 37 in minutes. It was good racing too. I also made a kickass paint job for my A1 vette which I will post later.

[quote name='danny-o']
cv2.jpg

mr.jpg

cv.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I love that stars and stripes car dude...seems like the Corvette was the perfect choice for it too. Thumbs up.

Supa, as for my design, yea I wasn't too sure about the rings either, but I was just kinda establishing a general motif. I'll probably get rid of them whenever I decide on how I'll add to the other parts of the car. Probably have "CAG" going the other way on the wing...and maybe a dollar sign on the hood. I also have to ass the "amber" color somewhere along the way. But it has potential. As to why I chose the NSX...well, I haven't bought any cars yet and I'm only level 13 or so, so I only have the cars I've won, and a few modifications later, its my best car, so I figured I might as well.

Still, the second I get my Aston Martin DB6 or my Bently, I'll consider pimping those :D

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I love that stars and stripes car dude...seems like the Corvette was the perfect choice for it too. Thumbs up.

Supa, as for my design, yea I wasn't too sure about the rings either, but I was just kinda establishing a general motif. I'll probably get rid of them whenever I decide on how I'll add to the other parts of the car. Probably have "CAG" going the other way on the wing...and maybe a dollar sign on the hood. I also have to ass the "amber" color somewhere along the way. But it has potential. As to why I chose the NSX...well, I haven't bought any cars yet and I'm only level 13 or so, so I only have the cars I've won, and a few modifications later, its my best car, so I figured I might as well.

Still, the second I get my Aston Martin DB6 or my Bently, I'll consider pimping those :D[/QUOTE]

yes! i'm not too far behind...i just got it a couple days ago and i'm an 11 :)

You guys are killing me........this game just keeps looking better and better....but I'm just a PGR/Rallisport/NFS loozah that I'm afraid this game (even when practicing proper braking techniques) will just own me.

Tell me, is the difficulty level in this game such that one has to (like in GT3) constantly re-race and re-race and re-race the same tracks over and over and over just to get anywhere and buy a new car?

The whole "I hate GT3" thing in my psyche stems from that....race and race and race to finally buy a new car that gets owned until you race and race and race somemore to upgrade it. Woe is me.

Nope the beginning levels do a pretty good job of varying the tracks you race on. I never felt like I had to run a race again just to get more money, especially below level 20. More series open up and you just do those to get more money. In fact, the starting levels do a great job of keeping you going with the amount of stuff you open. You always win money and just about every race, you get a new car.

Getting above level 30 though, that's when it gets harder to advance. I've been on level 36 for a while now. It took me quite a few endurance races to clear the levels below that. I think the difference from level 35-36 was something like 300,000 Credits.

Also added some more to the "Forum Post" Audi. It's got a friendly little icon on the hood that you all would recognize. Got a CAG name on the roof that reminds me of Fight Club for some reason.

hey stevemcq, are regular members of the CAG club allowed to give club invites to players? if so, can i add you to my FR so that you can invite me into the club? supadupacheap78 hasn't accepted my FR for like 2-3 days now...can you do it real quick?

thanks

[quote name='swetooth9']hey stevemcq, are regular members of the CAG club allowed to give club invites to players? if so, can i add you to my FR so that you can invite me into the club? supadupacheap78 hasn't accepted my FR for like 2-3 days now...can you do it real quick?

thanks[/QUOTE]
Only Recruiters, and Owners can send invites, There are no recruiters...i think...and supa is the only owner

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Only Recruiters, and Owners can send invites, There are no recruiters...i think...and supa is the only owner[/QUOTE]

that sucks...supa, should really make some of the active members -> recuriters

:(

I don't think I can. I don't know where supa's been. He broke a toe or something and might still be recovering, but hopefully he sends you an invite. I haven't seen anyone on the past two nights. I'll try to see if I can though so go ahead and send me that FR. GT: MSBphilin

What he said.

Supa...I wouldn't mind being a recruiter just so we can sign people in. I'm on quite a bit in this game.

Supa's been posting and sending me PMs. He's around, but I'm not sure about Xbox Live since I don't know what his new Gamertag is.

EDIT: And I see that he just posted in this thread earlier today, so of course you know that already. Never mind.

I received Forza from GameFly today. I'm excited about the customization, but I hope I can get through a race without bashing my own head in with the controller. I suck at realistic racing games.

[quote name='Matt Young']I received Forza from GameFly today. I'm excited about the customization, but I hope I can get through a race without bashing my own head in with the controller. I suck at realistic racing games.[/QUOTE]
the guidline makes it so much easier than the frustrating GT4, its going to be a breeze

I'm not going to be able to play for a couple hours, but if I can get comfortable with the controls, I'll probably hop onto Live later tonight with it. I at least want to get to the point where I can compete against some of you guys before I have to send the game back, which will be the end of the month at the latest.

Arkay, good to see you're actively posting again.

[quote name='swetooth9']hey stevemcq, are regular members of the CAG club allowed to give club invites to players? if so, can i add you to my FR so that you can invite me into the club? supadupacheap78 hasn't accepted my FR for like 2-3 days now...can you do it real quick?

thanks[/QUOTE]

I got no PMs,emails, or anything from you or anybody telling me of the troubles. Plus, Ive been on at least twice each of those days in question except yesterday (cable went out and world went to hell in a handbasket also) So I was remiss Sunday. but only to a point.

Just because I dont play much lately doesnt mean I flake out on my duties. I check at least once but usually more each and every day. (usually an early morning and a mid to late evening) If anybody ever has a problem, theres a whole slew of ways to contact me in the OP. And Im usually very quick in responding.

[quote name='danny-o']I was just in a race. Single Lap on test oval. I won and got like 500,000 credits. I dont know how the hell it happened but after a few races with these guys I have over 3 mil creds and went from level 31 to 37 in minutes. It was good racing too. I also made a kickass paint job for my A1 vette which I will post later.[/QUOTE]

You were in a glitch room. The host sets up a long race (75 laps) Race starts, host drops out, changes laps to 1, game doesnt reset the prize money.

You get 75 lap money for a 1 lap race.

[quote name='supadupacheap']I got no PMs,emails, or anything from you telling me of the troubles. Plus, Ive been on at least twice each of those days in question except yesterday (cable went out and world went to hell in a handbasket also)

Just because I dont play much lately doesnt mean I flake out on my duties. I check at least once but usually more each and every day. If anybody ever has a problem, theres a whole slew of ways to contact me in the OP.[/QUOTE]
No prob bob, your doing a great job, its just me ad philin figure that if you make us recruiters for the clan, we can take a bit of work of your back, when the shit hits the proverbial fan. youve been doing a great job, so keep up the great work :)

[quote name='Ozzkev55']No prob bob, your doing a great job, its just me ad philin figure that if you make us recruiters for the clan, we can take a bit of work of your back, when the shit hits the proverbial fan. youve been doing a great job, so keep up the great work :)[/QUOTE]

Id make each and every one of you a recruiter if such a thing existed. AFAIK it doesnt but if indeed it does, lead me to the promised land!

I still get on twice a day, I have AIM,MSN,EMAIL,PMs, everything but a Batsignal for people to use to get a hold of me. Dont be shy to contact me if theres a problem as problem solving is my biggest duty.

P.S. Ive got a boatload of Club invites just sitting out there unaccepted FYI, some quite old. If you asked for one and didnt get it, doublecheck as it may be there you just missed it. When I get on tonight Ill resend all current outstanding ones and see if that fixes the issue.

bread's done
Back