Freakazoid! & Tiny Toon Adventures Season Sets on DVD Coming July 29th

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Click on DVD's for further details and episodes. TVShowsOnDVD.com doesn't allow copy and pasting from their site...and I can't figure out how to do it without typing all that up.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=bpjXFF0zIJY[/media] [media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Bi-vWUsm5U[/media]
5 November 2007
The first season of Freakazoid! will be released on DVD the same day as the first volume of Tiny Toon Adventures (probably in mid-2008). Being just 13 episodes, this release will be given a lower price in an effort to increase sales.

1 November 2007
There currently are no plans for the final, volume 4 DVD release of Animaniacs. However, Tiny Toon Adventures has been green-lighted for release, in the same numerical-order format.
http://www2.cruzio.com/~keeper/toons.html#wba

Freakazoid!:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Freakazoid-Rumors/8383

Tiny Toons:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tiny-Toon-Adventures-Rumors/8384

I'm so fucking stoked two of my all time favorite shows are coming to DVD!!! I'm so giddy right now.

THANK GOD! I used to have a bootleg DVD of Freakazoid, but now I don't have anything it will play on :whistle2:( Now if only they would release Earthworm Jim on DVD...

[quote name='Rig']Why have I never heard of Freakazoid? I watched cartoons religiously growing up. What station did it originally air on?

EDIT: Wiki showed it aired on the WB. No wonder I never saw it then, as the WB almost never came in at my house when I was younger. (We only got ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX.)[/quote]

Even if you did get the WB, it was on pretty briefly and disappeared. WB was also moving their shows all over the schedule at the time. It was almost like they wanted to kill off their animated shows. But, honestly, I believe that the company as a whole just didn't understand their shows, and then didn't market them properly or support them.

THANK GOD! I used to have a bootleg DVD of Freakazoid, but now I don't have anything it will play on :whistle2:( Now if only they would release Earthworm Jim on DVD...

[quote name='JolietJake']The old looney tunes cartoons would have been done on film, the newer shows may have been done on video. Even when they were on TV they didn't look especially great.[/QUOTE]what the hell? that's such a travesty. These cartoons were painstakingly animated, scripted, and inked on animation cels and all they got were crappy video transfers and not film? the masters are probably on 480i vhs or something. I can't believe that shitty Hannah Barbara 70's toons have better quality than 90's toons. Coming from animation WB and Disney should have known better. I'm talking about disney 90's toons like Ducktales, which also has a shitty transfer. I mean the quality of the animation is great! it's just the capture of the animation that's crap. that's sad.

You know, I have been saying "Elevator go dowwwwn" for over ten years now and I honestly had no idea where I got it from. Now I know. Thank you!

man, that tiny toons thing reminded me of muppet babies. Now I have the theme song in my head and it's driving me crazy!!! we need muppet babies too.

[quote name='Sporadic']Now only thing we need are the Men In Black cartoons.[/quote]

Yes, I was so sad when they took it off the air. It was awesome

[quote name='Sporadic']Now only thing we need are the Men In Black cartoons.[/quote]

I don't think I liked those very much...actually I don't really recal watching them. Ace Ventura cartoons on the other hand...Oh yeah!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't think I liked those very much...actually I don't really recal watching them. Ace Ventura cartoons on the other hand...Oh yeah![/quote]
Screw that! Two Stupid Dogs should be getting a DVD collection!

I still want Angry Beavers on DVD. And Swat Cats.

I loved Tiny Toons when I was a kid...I don't think the love is there anymore.

[quote name='Alien Spider']I still want Angry Beavers on DVD. And Swat Cats.

I loved Tiny Toons when I was a kid...I don't think the love is there anymore.[/quote]
SwatCATS definetly. For a cartoon with all feline characters it was some pretty dark material considering it implied some characters getting killed (though minor, still enough for me to remember). That and wouldn't mind seeing Mutant League just for the sake of "how the fuck was this a kid's cartoon?!" Since I can't think of anyother cartoon where characters get limbs ripped off or heads tossed as projectiles (though somehow still alive).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't think I liked those very much...actually I don't really recal watching them. Ace Ventura cartoons on the other hand...Oh yeah![/QUOTE]

Say whaaaaat

The Men In Black cartoons were awesome.

I know I'm not the only one on the site who's interested in those two titles, but so far I haven't seen any deals on either of the sets.

Anyone know of anywhere that's going to have the sets on sale?

I didn't see it mentioned in any of the ads for Target, CC, or Best Buy. Freakazoid shows 24.99 at Best Buy's website and Tiny Toons is 39.99. I'm just worried they will also be almost impossible to find like Sam & Max was.

Amazon has Freakazoid for 18.99 and Tiny Toons for 30.99. Getting both from there will probably end up being the best deal.

I would recommend buying from Amazon although they will eventually lower the price during a TV sale. Animaniacs has been found cheaper recently so I imagine these two will also go down in time.

[quote name='Stingercjc']I'm just worried they will also be almost impossible to find like Sam & Max was.[/QUOTE]

animaniacs has been pretty easy to find, so i'm not too concerned. the only thing i worry about is if they're going to release some cleaned up bluray version in the near future :/

[quote name='kristaia']animaniacs has been pretty easy to find, so i'm not too concerned. the only thing i worry about is if they're going to release some cleaned up bluray version in the near future :/[/quote]

were these shows initially on film, or was the original format always video? if it's the latter, then BD won't offer any sort of improvement (save for maybe less compression, but i figure the end result would be negligible).

It always throws me off when my threads get merged into discussion threads that have been dead for three months. :whistle2:s

[quote name='kristaia']animaniacs has been pretty easy to find, so i'm not too concerned. the only thing i worry about is if they're going to release some cleaned up bluray version in the near future :/[/QUOTE]

Given that they didn't make any effort to clean up the Pinky and the Brain or Animaniacs sets, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting.

If Amazon really is the best deal in town right now, I'm probably going to hold off for a little while in hopes of a better price at a time when I've got more money. I still need to pick up the old Animaniacs sets (and the third Pinky and the Brain set), but I'm not too worried. Mass market DVDs usually aren't too difficult to find. :)

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']I'm also anxiously awaiting Eek! The Cat to some year hit DVD, which was YEARS ahead of its time for being a subversive "children's" show.[/QUOTE]

Loved that show....

Hahaha... "You're so short and fuzzy and purple... You remind me of Prince" .... fucking brilliant cartoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq37q7pZeJc

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I really want to Tiny Toons set. Seems a little expensive though.

Freakazoid I can go without, but I love Tiny Toons.

Just received my Tiny Toons set I ordered from Amazon. $31 is kinda pricey, but worth it, esp if this becomes hard to find later.

Question -- My disk 4 does not have any artwork, there is only artwork on disks 1-3. Is this the same for anybody else?

If anyone is still looking for a good price on these sets, Freakazoid was on sale at Target for $19 and change. I don't remember their price on Tiny Toons, but I suspect it was $35.

[quote name='dchrisd']Just received my Tiny Toons set I ordered from Amazon. $31 is kinda pricey, but worth it, esp if this becomes hard to find later.

Question -- My disk 4 does not have any artwork, there is only artwork on disks 1-3. Is this the same for anybody else?[/QUOTE]

My disk 4 also from amazon doesnt have any artwork on it so.

man the video quality for tiny toons is so shitty. I know they can't clean it up and that it'll probably be dirty but it's just crazy macroblocking and artifacts so it's like they didn't even spend any money on encoding. Warner bros is really sneaky. they' purposely give all their old cartoon catalogue titles crap transfers so they can double dip later on cause you know that warner bros can do a proper encode.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']My disk 4 also from amazon doesnt have any artwork on it so.[/QUOTE]

disk 4 is double sided. If it had any artwork you'd lose episodes.

bread's done
Back