Free $10 Serve AMEX giftcard, possible $20

[quote name='mercenar1e']Serve is owned by American Express.. how are people dumb?[/QUOTE]Yeah really...

No matter what goes down in life there are always going to be haters/doubters. Let them hate and we will just live life paranoid free with 20 extra bucks.

Got my extra 10 from the contest today, just waiting on the card.

[quote name='mercenar1e']Serve is owned by American Express.. how are people dumb?[/QUOTE]

I also wonder if he realizes that a credit report can be pulled just with your name and address. They cannot do a hard pull without your full SSN but they can do a soft pull which gives them more than enough information. Giving out your last 4 of your social does not really do much plus as you said Serve is owned by American Express.

Once I activated my card why did I lose a dollar from the 20 available? lol. Now it only says I have 19 dollars available

Got the card today, activated it, no problems. $20 bucks on it and after I win my fantasy league superbowl this Sunday I will have the commish transfer all the cash onto it. Thanks AMEX for the free cash and card

well i give up after sending a scan of my ID card to verify who i am they just sent another e-mail saying they still can't verify my SSN and want me to send a scan of my SS card i know it's a legit company, but this is just a hassle and i won't be able to get the moneymaker $10 to accept since it would take longer than 3 days to verify me even more then the transaction would be null by then so w/e good for everyone else who got it though

[quote name='Gram']Shit doesn't work.
They want me to give them my credit card number and my SSN. Not worth it.[/QUOTE]Because A you have terrible credit, or B you have zero credit, seems to have worked just fine for the past 6 pages with the exception of one other so sucks for you. I enjoyed my free 20 dollars along with the many others.

[quote name='Gram']Shit doesn't work.
They want me to give them my credit card number and my SSN. Not worth it.[/QUOTE]

You must have some wack ass credit.

this worked for me, thanks for the free $20

[quote name='The McMuffin Fanboy']GIVE PART OF MY SOCIAL FOR A 10 DOLLAR GIFT CARD???

lets-do-this.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry but this is just so much Win.

[quote name='mrx001']I have zero credit and I got the $20.[/QUOTE]

Do you have student loans or anything of that nature?

[quote name='iKnowledge']Because A you have terrible credit, or B you have zero credit, seems to have worked just fine for the past 6 pages with the exception of one other so sucks for you. I enjoyed my free 20 dollars along with the many others.[/QUOTE]

I think even terrible credit would get you in. I think they just use the SSN to confirm your identity and if you have no credit they obviously cannot confirm who you are. I would have been in the same boat as that kid 6 months ago. I love my credit cards now! As a responsible adult I PIF each month and since it's a dividend card I have gotten 100 bucks from Citi so far in cashback. Plus my card is linked to envaulted.com, mylinkables.com, and offermatic. Through those three sites I have gotten 65 bucks! Just for switching to credit I have gotten 165 bucks.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Trying to sign up but the site is janky as hell. Whenever I try to enter the security code the whole site freezes.[/QUOTE]

I had to look up janky (thank you Urban Dictionary). The site works fine for me with Google Chrome.

[quote name='GenPirate']I had to look up janky (thank you Urban Dictionary). The site works fine for me with Google Chrome.[/QUOTE]lmao! Worked through Firefox just fine as well.

[quote name='iKnowledge']lmao! Worked through Firefox just fine as well.[/QUOTE]

I assume you use the word so can you tell me who uses it? Is it a hipster word? I am not with the times I guess.

[quote name='GenPirate']I assume you use the word so can you tell me who uses it? Is it a hipster word? I am not with the times I guess.[/QUOTE]

I've heard it used a lot recently in gaming podcasts often referring to different games.

[quote name='iKnowledge']Safe as far as I can tell. I did sign up for it and so far my account has been credited 10 bucks and they say my physical card is in the mail.

As far as i can tell the only truly compromising info you are giving up is your address and last four of the social.

You DO NOT have to link any debit or credit cards to your account if you choose not to and they DO NOT require you to visit random sites or anything like that.

Looks like American Express is just tired of PAYPAL cornering this market so they are offering an incentive to try it since PAYPAL has such a dominating posture...[/QUOTE]

I really hope this catches on because I am sooo sick of paypal and a lot of places only offering paypal as payment . grrrrr

[quote name='breakline']I really hope this catches on because I am sooo sick of paypal and a lot of places only offering paypal as payment . grrrrr[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like the people on here who will only make a deal/trade with you if you Paypal Gift them the funds (so you get stuck with the fee)..oh wait nvm

Still waiting on my $10 from the trivia game. Thought the email would have come by now.

How long did it take for everyone else? And I'm assuming I'd know if I had to accept it on the site itself?

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Still waiting on my $10 from the trivia game. Thought the email would have come by now.

How long did it take for everyone else? And I'm assuming I'd know if I had to accept it on the site itself?[/QUOTE]
Took about 3 days for the second $10 to hit my account and yes you will have to accept the transfer of the money to your account.

i did the trivia last night and still havent gotten the email. guess i will have to wait a few days.

to make sure, all i had to do was get the trivia question right and enter my email, right? cause i stopped after submitting my email

you can make a subaccount under another email with a nickname of yours and then register that account for the trivia - think that works on up to 4 accounts - i'm up to 3

[quote name='myvolition']you can make a subaccount under another email with a nickname of yours and then register that account for the trivia - think that works on up to 4 accounts - i'm up to 3[/QUOTE]

And has been stated before, this can get your account closed pretty quick. Be careful.

[quote name='Wario64']i did the trivia last night and still havent gotten the email. guess i will have to wait a few days.

to make sure, all i had to do was get the trivia question right and enter my email, right? cause i stopped after submitting my email[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think so. I did the other question too though so I'm not 100% sure.

Took about 2 days for the email to come for the 2nd $10.

[quote name='myvolition']you can make a subaccount under another email with a nickname of yours and then register that account for the trivia - think that works on up to 4 accounts - i'm up to 3[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't suggest that if you plan on really using the service. Since you gave them the last 4 of your social once your banned your pretty much beat.

just got my email for the $10. $20 total, that was easy. not sure how to payout with a amex gift card but i have options to transfer to my bank account or request a check.

[quote name='Wario64']just got my email for the $10. $20 total, that was easy. not sure how to payout with a amex gift card but i have options to transfer to my bank account or request a check.[/QUOTE]

They're mailing all of us Serve cards. You just use it like a credit card.

I got credited my extra $10 as well. :)

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']They're mailing all of us Serve cards. You just use it like a credit card.

I got credited my extra $10 as well. :)[/QUOTE]

So the Serve card just lets us use the $20 that's in the account? Cause I just withdrew it via check. Didn't know the serve card was being mailed anyway...ah well, money is money :)

[quote name='Wario64']So the Serve card just lets us use the $20 that's in the account? Cause I just withdrew it via check. Didn't know the serve card was being mailed anyway...ah well, money is money :)[/QUOTE]

The card is an American Express debit card (like the PayPal debit MasterCard). If you do not have funds in your Serve account and you use the card it will transfer funds from the backup card you chose when you linked your debit/credit cards. It is not a giftcard but an actual debit card linked to the Serve account.

Make sure to follow them on twitter as well. I just won $25 in the #FundMyHolidays promo and they chose around 100 winners so pretty nice odds.

I made an account, did the trivia thing, and now I have $20 in my Serve account. I have yet to link my debit card to it though. Can I have them send it to me on a card? Also, I am having a friend sign up through my referral link. If that money comes after I get my Serve Card, it will be added to the card?

[quote name='CouRageouS']Got mine today, thanks OP.

Is there some sort of referral program to get more free money?[/QUOTE]not that I am aware of, but they were giving extra money away on Twitter so I would follow them there just in case.

bread's done
Back