Free 2000 Wii Points Card

[quote name='newtype06']Ok i just signed up today. when can I call them for the cancellation? 3 days from now?[/quote]

Just wait for the confirmation email from the Wii site. Then you can cancel. If you don't get the cancellation, then just make sure to cancel before the trial is up.

fuck it, I'm in. I hate these deals where you have to call to cancel, but for free retro gaming goodness, I'll suck it up. Thanks OP.

[quote name='newtype06']when do you usually get the confirmation from that wii site? you know after you signed up for the 7 day free trial?[/quote]

Usually 1-3 days after signing up. My XBLA cards' confirmation came in two days, I believe.

EDIT: Some people said they never received confirmation on the XBLA offer. So, always make sure to check your junk folders too, or just cancel the day before the trial ends, whether or not you got the confirmation.

[quote name='allout1986']Did anyone else see this in their list of steps?[/QUOTE]
Looks like they just copied the XBox 360 Marketplace offer.

Did anyone recieve their marketplace points from the true.com offer?

just signed up. got my marketplace points 2 weeks after so hopefully this comes through as well.

[quote name='munch']How many games can you get for 2000 points?[/quote]

Game costs:
NES - 500
SNES - 800
N64 - 1000
Sega Genesis - 800
TurboGrafx16 - 600

theoretically, anywhere from 2 to 4.

When I canceled the lady wanted to know where my picture was. I said, I didn't put up one cause I didn't see the point. She small talked with me as the process happened, but in the end a total of 7 minutes of hold and talk time. Nice!

just got my confirmation that the card is being sent in 5 days

called true.com and cancelled, took about 5 minutes, they were nice, she asked me about my picture, personality tests saying i didnt do them, i just said my little brother took my card, and i have no interest in the site, no hassel

hopefully i get the wii card soon, i wanna get my mario 64 on

yea i signed up sun , and just cancelled 2day on my lunch break!!! Should get the card next week sometime , thats about when my 360 point card came!!!

Confirmation came a little earlier today. Going to call and cancel right now.

EDIT: Took about three minutes on the phone. As easy as it was last time.

[quote name='anadune']When I canceled the lady wanted to know where my picture was. I said, I didn't put up one cause I didn't see the point. She small talked with me as the process happened, but in the end a total of 7 minutes of hold and talk time. Nice![/quote] In that case, I guess I'll upload this strange photo I just found on google!

wiggles_narrowweb__300x486,0.jpg

Ha! I also got a "wink" from someone. Oh noes! I winked back at them three times in a row after that. Wonder what they'll think of me now with this photo for my id? Heh heh.

Confirmation came for me last night that the card was shipped. Out of fun, I made an ad called "I R the sMartest!" and tried to add a picture of Sloth from the Goonies in a Superman costume. They rejected the picture! So.. being the stubborn bastard that I am, I submitted it 4 or 5 more times.. rejected every time. I didn't know Sloth could be considered "explicit".. but c'mon, in an Alabama market of a dating service, it isn't a FAR cry from reality.

[quote name='[email protected]']Hello (insert name here),

Thanks for participating in the LetsPlayWii.com Wii Points Card promotion.
We have recieved confirmation that you have signed up for true.com and your
product will be shipped within 5 business days. You will also receive another
email from us when the shipping takes place.

The address we will ship to is:
(INSERT NAME AND ADDRESS HERE)

If you need to make any corrections to this address or have any questions,
please reply to this email.

Thanks,
The LetsPlayWii.com Staff[/quote]
so just for confirmation do i cancel trial membership now? or wait for shiping e-mail? and if i wait for shipping e-mail how long about will it take after i get that e-mail? that one was 2 days after i signed up

So...mostly positive thoughts on all this, yeah?

I wasn't too interested in the Xbox 360 points card, but the Wii points are really tempting. I might give it a try later tonight...just need a way to tell my wife so she doesn't think I am cheating...heheh

I did it on sunday, went ahead and canceled the membership today, they asked why i wanted to and advertised that i could get another week free, but if you just say you want it cancelled they leave you alone.

[quote name='enixidfrag']so just for confirmation do i cancel trial membership now? or wait for shiping e-mail? and if i wait for shipping e-mail how long about will it take after i get that e-mail? that one was 2 days after i signed up[/quote]

That's the email you were waiting for. Cancel now. That email simply let's you know your end of the deal is finished; True contacted the site and they know you signed up. Now, you can cancel and you will get your card soon. (Depending on how many they have. The 360 cards went out in waves.)

Checked my call log. My cancellation call took 2 minutes 41 seconds

~30 secs to navigate through the menu/wait for someone to pick up
~45 secs asking for my screen name (had to repeat myself a few times, bad connection)
~60 secs 'looking up my account info'

This was the remainder of the time:
CSR: It looks like you still have 3 days left in your trial. May I ask why are you cancelling?
Me: I'm already engaged, my brother signed me up for the site as a joke.
CSR: I see. No problem, we'll have that cancelled for you. Have a good day.
Me: Thanks, bye.

Most painless cancellation call I've ever done.

4 minutes, 16 seconds to cancel. The operator was noticeably quiet when I said the handle for the account I was closing was "playwithmywii"

Hmm... so this isn't a scam?

Can someone explain what I need to do, I really don't have the patience to read through 5 pages of posts.

[quote name='yukine']Hmm... so this isn't a scam?

Can someone explain what I need to do, I really don't have the patience to read through 5 pages of posts.[/quote]

The link should guide you throught it.

[quote name='yukine']Hmm... so this isn't a scam?

Can someone explain what I need to do, I really don't have the patience to read through 5 pages of posts.[/quote]

stab in the dark, but the first post is generally a good place to start.

[quote name='chakan']um, should I really worry about this? I'm not using my TRUE profile at all, and I'm going to cancel as soon as I get the email[/quote]
This made me nervous too! I'm married(not a felon!) and I just want the card, not a date! :)

Edit: I didn't get my email yet, but I called and canceled anyway. I just told the lady on the phone that I signed up as a promotional thing and that I'm married, so cancel it. So hopefully they don't send me some million dollar fine in the mail. ;)

This isn't something I or anyone else should actually worry about right? Put my mind at ease. :)

Well, you cancelled, and you DIDN'T contact anyone through the service, right. RIGHT!

Its hard to see why they would expend any effort to prosecute you at this point.

im signed up for the service, all the emails go into my spam folder. but i havent got any kind of confirmation email from the wii people. did anyone else get any kind of email that said like they are shipping the card out?

everyone who talks about cancelling (except Dezuria, who will be sharing a cell with me)has gotten the confirmation email

Got the email and made the call. It was easy, and I hate making phone calls. Took about 3 minutes. Now if the card comes before Christmas when I get my Wii, I will be very happy.

bread's done
Back